LIBERTINE/LIBERTEEN IS BEING CHANGED TO REDSTAR/BL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next can we have a PSA about how people should specify which Red/Blue Star Bedroom they want their roleplays moved to when they request moderation? People don't seem to realize there's four of them - two for group and two for prps >:(

I'll see if I can update the form in the future to have an easy list of places peeps want things moved to,. XD

reads this post and then slowly scrolls back up to her previous post in this thread...

>.>
My power of shit posting is something beyond your mere mortal comprehension.

Reactions: Lylith
I honestly think it's a bit retarded because if we're changing the libertine & Liberteen to Redstar & Bluestar, then why dafuq do we still have a libertine graveyard? And prevent to confusion? I'm pretty sure calling things Redstar & Bluestar will definitely keep it simple than a word that you can literally find what it means by simply looking it up in the dictionary. Also by changing the name, you have more of a chance of confusing the everyday people and veterans on here than the newbies because they basically have to learn our way of life anyway. Now I'm not saying that change is bad by any means. I'm just saying that the changes made aren't going to go in the direction you intended because no beating around the bush here, they're crappy. But with that said, I hope these changes turn out to be good for whoever it affects because it really doesn't affect me much, if it does at all.

I honestly think it's a bit retarded because if we're changing the libertine & Liberteen to Redstar & Bluestar, then why dafuq do we still have a libertine graveyard? A
...because we still have to store the sexy content roleplays somewhere when they're dead? Those roleplays are locked to guest users so the threads don't pop up in google searches.

The rest is opinions and peeps all got them. 8D Yes Libertine WAS super easy, and yeah it'll be a little confusing for long-time members. But now when people see "red star" and the red stars on people's profile, they will know that is ADULT USER and that user can do ADULT USER ROLEPLAYS in anything marked as RED STAR. They see "blue star" and the blue stars on profiles they will know TEEN USER and where Teen users can do their teen only roleplays.

It's literally a word to visual association across the board.

The biggest concern with the renaming though, is the matter of people mistaken the forums as general play areas, or places to post their roleplays instead of the general forums, rather than smut, as it had been mentioned multiple times before.

I can understand that concern, but we had the exact same one raised when we made the jump to Libertine/Liberteen a while back. People generally catch on pretty quick, especially if we have ourselves a sub header expanding on what the area is for.

• Thank You
Reactions: Kagayours
This one tiny little change has altered my entire sense of reality! I don't even know what's real anymore! Is this even the real life? Is this just fantasy?

How am I supposed to know I'm not allowed to sex with children? How am I supposed to know what common decency and laws are? You Staff have failed to give me simple enough instructions. And now I am afraid I am lost in a tree... I have no idea where home is... And the FBI is chasing me with snapping turtles.

THANKS A LOT @Diana!!!

Last edited:
People generally catch on pretty quick, especially if we have ourselves a sub header expanding on what the area is for.
^ Yeah, I would second this. Except, I actually don't see such a sub-heading on the forums themselves... Redstar just says "for 18+ RP's" to me, which, yeah, could make people think that excessive violence and gore have to be age-separated, too -- or just generally create confusion over when an RP needs to be age-locked and when it can be posted in the general forums. :/

Also, I know the forums are supposed to be Redstar and Bluestar Bedroom, but it looks like they aren't actually labeled as such in a number of places... the 1x1 Redstar forum is called "Redstar Bedroom", but the group RP's section is just called "Redstar". :/

I think having "Bedroom" be in the name of the forum would be a super-easy way to get the message across as to what the forums are supposed to be used for, and a sub-header that says something along the lines of "for RP's with sexual content" would clear up any confusion that could potentially still remain. Implementing both of those things would basically knock out all the biggest criticisms of the name change. Problem is, it looks like they haven't been implemented yet -- at least not across-the-board. >.>

Points out that the sections under the group heading do not have "bedroom" featured in the title and that might be where some of the confusion is coming from.

Also, if there's descriptions they're not showing up on mobile o.o

Is that so? I think it makes it less confusing for people who are new to this community, especially those who aren't familiar with the meaning of 'libertine' as a word. I have heard that some people did not even know the meaning of such a word until they came to Iwaku, from where they then had to look it up to understand. The Red Star and Blue Star age groups would make it quite obvious to those looking for sexual roleplays that sexual content is age-separated. It's clean and simple, and it has been something that we have assuredly debated and discussed quite a bit in staff. We did not just decide to change this name on a whim or for no good reason.

In addition, we made this because we have seen how the connotations and meaning of libertine has changed over the years to come to more negative terms. I remember reading that @Diana wanted to name the sexual roleplays forums as libertine because it used to be more closely linked to 'sexual freedom and liberation', but now the word is more known as this:

That is not the meaning we want for our forums. ^^; I hope this makes it clearer for everyone!
The only thing those things remind me of is a bar I've been to and the state of Texas.

Also how is it obvious that red star is for adult and blue star is for teens? That just throws *even more* confusion onto an already confusing name choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also how is it obvious that red star is for adult and blue star is for teens? That just throws *even more* confusion onto an already confusing name choice.
If one takes a moment to pay attention, one shall realize that all adult members have a red-coloured asterik next to their name, and everyone under 18 has a blue-coloured one!

maxresdefault.jpg

If one takes a moment to pay attention, one shall realize that all adult members have a red-coloured asterik next to their name, and everyone under 18 has a blue-coloured one!

maxresdefault.jpg
That still in no way describes what the threads are about with just red star and blue star. It might also be a good idea to not come off so condescending.

That still in no way describes what the threads are about with just red star and blue star. It might also be a good idea to not come off so condescending.
The forums are called 'red star' and 'blue star' bedrooms, though. I personally think 'bedroom' makes it pretty clear.

Reactions: firejay1
The forums are called 'red star' and 'blue star' bedrooms, though. I personally think 'bedroom' makes it pretty clear.
Which would be fine, but many posts before this said that they don't actually say bedroom in the title in non 1 on 1 RPs unless they fixed that.

Which would be fine, but many posts before this said that they don't actually say bedroom in the title in non 1 on 1 RPs unless they fixed that.
They all say 'bedroom' to me...

I have a question...

I don't have to worry about it, since I'm not at that place anymore, BUT... what happens if someone is RPing with someone their age (16&17) but one turns 18 during that time period?

I figure this may come up at one point or another, if it hasn't already and I was just curious as to what happens in these situations.

Reactions: Daz
I have a question...

I don't have to worry about it, since I'm not at that place anymore, BUT... what happens if someone is RPing with someone their age (16&17) but one turns 18 during that time period?

I figure this may come up at one point or another, if it hasn't already and I was just curious as to what happens in these situations.

If its a smutty rp, they will either have to turn it into a non-smut rp until both are of age (preferably with a note in the first post after the age switch, telling mods that because one had their birthday, smut will not appear from that point forward. That way we can easily figure out that 'aha, their age just changed.' Of course we will also verify it with their birthdate and the date of the post.) or they will have to continue the rp after both are 18.

• Useful
Reactions: Daz
Status
Not open for further replies.