Let's See Where This Goes

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Probably, not a cello, you right, but I think I made an ocarina. Let's see," Choten said digging into the cube once more.

"You really do have nearly everything in there don't you Choten?" Aerin asked with a bit of a laugh.

"Not really, but I've got many various items. I'm a bit of a hoarder," Choten said with a laugh. "Here it is!" Choten said pulling out the ocarina. It was a little more detailed.

This was a nicer ocarina than the one that Aerin played as a child. "You made this?" she asked, somewhat astonished at the quality of it.

"Yeah, I made the flute first, like the first thing I made with wood. That ocarina is one of the last, once I had a more expirence working with the material," Choten explained. "I've always liked making things. Not as much with wood, but still."

"The one I had was made of a soft wood, and it broke quickly. This one, well it's much better than mine was." Aerin felt the wood in her hands and started playing a little tune. It had a light sound, which was something you wouldn't expect with the steel.

Listening he began to hum along with the tune, his mind feeling, peaceful.

The tune she spun wasn't one she'd played before. It wasn't as bright, but it was calming. She let it carry her, and just played whatever came to mind.

Choten felt peaceful. He couldn't tell what kind of melody it was, but it was soothing. As he was listening and relaxing, his stomach rumbled. He jumped up because it surprised him.

Aerin almost dropped her ocarina when she heard Choten jump. She started laughing a little louder than expected. "Did I scare you with my playing?" She asked with a laugh.

"No, I'm just really hungry. I guess I hadn't relaxed enough to think about food," Choten said with a laugh. His stomach rumbled again, and was easier to hear now that the music had stopped. "I need to find something to eat."

"That would be a good idea." Aerin said with a chuckle. "You think it's safe to go outside?" She joked.

"Probably not, so, where's Bean?" Choten asked, ignoring his rumbling belly.

"I'd assume he's out there." Aerin said, pointing to the curtain which lead out to the front of the shop.

"You hungry?" Choten asked curiously, as he started toward the curtain.

"Yeah. A little bit." Aerin said. She hadn't had a decent meal since they left home.

"Then let's go get Bean, see what he's got," Choten said, rubbing his belly.

"I'll have to handle this." Aerin, or now, Flair said, composing herself. She left the room, putting mental walls to block emotion almost immediately. When they saw Bean, he was in his usual state, sleeping in the same old chair, till what seemed to be his airwaves clogging woke him up. He sat up in a bit of a jolt, questioning his surroundings with a mutter involving orange haired bridge trolls, something she guessed to be part of his dream.

Choten sat up, remembering he was Bryce now. He didn't like being someone he wasn't.

Flair could see the change from Choten to Bryce. She could've confidently said she didn't like it. Bryce almost seemed like an empty shell. Choten was a flurry of things. A tinker, listener, he was sweet, kind, compassionate...She flipped to Aerin for a moment. Snap out of it! You can't get attached you'll get hurt! She thought as she physically slapped herself. She realized that as she'd been in lala land she hadn't even left the room.

Status
Not open for further replies.