Lethal Reword 3: Lost Dice!

"Personally, I hope that thief-girl gets what's coming to her!" Athena didn't care if the catgirl followed or not. She was going to hold that grudge against her FOREVER.

That Beekin guy was scary though. There was no way she was going to ask for help from the gods! All of them were on their own.

Bouncing up next to Fro'siv, she was giving him the best smile ever! ...occasionally broken by GLARING at the dwarf.

"Now we elves, dwarfs, cute batfoxes and me! I think we have plenty enough people to take on the world now. What should we do first? Oh! Maybe go back to town and see if the villagers want to thank us. Or well, maybe we need to get some food and supplies first. If we're going to travel across the entire world and fight every monster we can find, we're going to need LOTS of supplies."

"Oo 'ave dwaves...?" He looks around for a bit, before brushing the gnome off of his shoulder. "...All I see eez zis gnome 'ere." He chuckles, "Cute? Sweet of 'oo... I am zoh, aren't I?" He grins, ego stroked. "Zoh, my race eez Repense... we're a faction zat appears later on een ze game for those treading a cer-tain path." He shrugs, thinking that's a simple enough statement to throw out there. He nods to Edric. "Ples-air... an' thank oo fer ze 'elp."

"Oh! Right!" He reaches into his front-breast pocket. "Oo folks 'defeated' me, zoh een a unique vay... so 'ere's za loot." He pulls out a bat's wing and a staff. "Ze bat wing's jus' a trash loot. Should be worth a bit, zoh... ze staff's an in-tear-es-teeng device. Allows eet's viel-dair to summon a skeletal butler to carry zair stuff around." He shrugs, dropping them on the ground. "An' ze cash." He shrugs, dropping a small bag labeled '5000 Gold'.

It didn't take long for them to exit the mines. An NPC at the front hailed them over. "Thank you for ridding the mines of those evil mages! Now we can live at peace again without their evil presence!"

"It's 'leev een peace', oo ridiculous, disgusteeng leetle man."

"I heard the roadblocks are gone, now! You can go to the next area if you want!" The NPC boy said, ignoring Fro'siv.

"I 'ate townies. So much." Shoving the NPC aside, he walks forward, sighing and stretching, wings extending with a 'fwip', several 'cricks' heard from his back. "Aaaaah! Eet feels so good to be gett-eeng out of zat stuffy mine! I did so miss ze sunshine..." He turns to the others. "Eef oo want my advise, skip ze stores 'ere. The mon-stairs should be easy enough to take down on our own pow-air, an' ze stuff een ze next town vill be light-years bet-tair zan the junk zey sell een ze first town."

Athena had immediately claimed the Skeleton Staff, finding it far easier to lift and swing around than her sword. (Which still didn't help her party members that needed to side-step, duck, or otherwise dodge.) It was going to be lots of fun to play with!

"Good! Let's move on then. I can wait to see what all the forests and stuff are like. I bet there's wild animals and everything! Maybe we can catch and eat some!" Cooking up some freshly destroyed animal sounded like a good time to her. Would give her plenty of weapons practice and maybe even some hunting skills.

Now that she had the staff, she was jabbing at the dwarf - gnome - short guy with it.

"You better ride that bear. You little legs might not make it."

Eileen didn't have to look at the bounty-hunter twice to know what he was doing there. And as the current situation for the group had been resolved, there was little to stop her from getting out of there in one piece.
Her first piece of loot was slipped into her pocket, while she retrieved the scroll she had been given earlier. Smiling sweetly at the only other character in the room, she winked at him once before she activated the scroll and disappearing.

Back in town it didn't take her too long to find the group that had just gotten her the loot she'd been yearning for. Though no doubt, they wouldn't be too friendly after that stunt that GM guy had pulled. As she walked after them, a healthy distance away and out of sight should they ever decide to turn around or look over their shoulder, she applied her sharp hearing to catch every bit of conversation.

She might learn something about them, and maybe find out a way to get back into the little girls good graces...

Picking up his staff the gnome deflected the staff and glared at the young girl quickly slinging the bag of gold other his shoulder and climbing onto sulfur. "Push me around now but wait until we get above ground you little overcompensating..." he muttered.

In town he lay face-down on his bear the gold having disappeared into his robesand his hood over his head. he appeared to be snoring lightly.

Fro'siv shrugs, walking down the path. "Eet eez nice not to be attacked by ze townspeople. Maybe join-eeng an adventuring party eez not so bad." He shrugs, chuckling. "I'd just fly to ze next town... but, none of oo can fly wit me."

A group of NPC guardsman at the town gates stand there stoically as the Dark Mage just walks right past them.

"Stupid townies."

The NPC guardsmen reply, "The forests below are very dangerous!"

"Ugh." Fro'siv frowns in a handsome manner, re-adjusting his glasses. "Eet vill be nice to get some more skeletons. I theenk ve shall do some 'unt-teeng... maybe go up a level or two as vell." He nods. "I von't be eat-eeng ze meat of ze animals, but I vill be 'appy to use zeir bones." He turns, looking to Athena. "So. Oo seem... 'alfvay competent. Vair are oo from...?" He thinks about it, then blushes. "Oh! Righ'... oo are a PC. Guess oo wouldn' 'ave a place oo are from... sort of dampens ze conversation along ze way, zoh..."

"...Oo are a... varrior, zen? Why choose ze varrior?"

Athena stuck her tongue out at the gnome, despite his snoring.

"My father was a warrior!" she announced, clearly content to remain in character 100%! "A really great one. But he doesn't think girl's, especially ones like me, can do anything. So I took his sword and I am going be a warrior just like he is. He'll be proud when I go home!" She was still oblivious to the fact that her sword was taller and heavier than she was, and that it might have been her fault the entire cave ceiling dropped down on them in the first place. Athena was determined!

"Last time I tried to go on an adventure everyone kept calling me Princess and were were attacked by lizards in the desert even though I told people that traveling with a caravan like that is a bad idea. Caravans always get attacked and girls get kidnapped. But I managed to kill one of the lizards with my sword, so it worked out okay!"

"A realistic adventure," the cover said and apparently it had meant every word. Edric was following alongside the others, listening to the conversation and stifling a yawn. It wasn't that they were boring--quite the opposite!--but all that digging had really taken its toll.

"Does anyone happen to have a spare potion or something? Or do you think we can take a quick nap before we start hunting and levelling up?" When they looked at her, she blushed a bit and looked down. "Um ... It's just ... I was digging a really long time back in the mines and stamina isn't my strong point." She blinked at Fro'siv. "Not that your skeleton wasn't any help, or anything, of course. I couldn't have freed all of you without it."

"Varrior fazzer?" Fro'siv nodded. "Ah... oui. I, too, follow een ze footsteps of my fazzer. 'E vas an incredible villain..." The large bat sighed happily, fur bristling. "So many close friends 'e 'ad, so much wealth 'e accumulated... so much subtle evil. 'E was a true paragon of ze Repense vay. Tall, 'andsome, powerfully magical, an' a vay of look-eeng eento someone's eyes that could melt one's very willpow-air... 'is many children, including me, 'ope to leev up to zat stan-daid... but I vill be 'appy wit' ze wealth an' one romance. Too much upkeep." He looks nervously at Athena. "...Lizardmen attaced oo'r caravan an' oo kilt... one of zem?"

He decided to let that question stand without an answer, turning to look at Edric. "Oh! Oui... Hmm..." He looks around for a bit. "Let us not be dwelling at ze town. I do not like ze town, an' we 'ave already left..." He points. "We won' be run-neeng eento play-airs save oo'rselves an ze ozzairs oo' 'ave seen, so we should be able to rest again' zat cliff face..." He walks towards it, turning around and lowering into a sitting position.

"I guess resting is a good idea. My arms kind of hurt!" Athena was a little glad she didn't have to explain how she killed that lizard. It was more of an accident than a great achievement in warrior kills. Still, a kill was a kill!

Athena found a spot to sit right next to Fro'siv, where she proceeded to smile up at him completely ridiculously. Without asking for permission, or wondering if it were appropriate or not, she poked at his arm, leg, and even at his wing to see if he was fuzzy or leather. Or squishy, or muscly! Athena was very curious about the bat that looked like a fox.

Fro'siv turns, brows furrowing at Athena. One couldn't have been able to tell before, but at this distance, it was clear... he had no eyes, though it was covered up by his glasses. Where eyes would normally be, instead hollowed out, floated countless starstuff, like staring at a closeup of the night sky. Almost immediately, a shooting star passes from the right socket into the left socket. "...Ez zis some sort of... vay oo' say 'ello? Ve Repense... ve do not poke."

Still, he didn't stop her. His arms and legs gave very little leeway, strong from years upon years of movement... his arms in particular were strong and sturdy, but since his wings extended from them, he'd need strong arms to fly. His fur was soft, like kitten's fur... his wing felt of velvet, an almost invisible layer of fur upon it. His entire body, however, was very warm. He shakes his head. "Eet eez... awkvard, for oo to keep do-eeng zat." He looks away, ears flattening slightly in embarrassment.

Edric breathed a sigh of relief. She would have preferred sleeping in a warm bed and possibly taking a bath but ... surely, it wouldn't kill her to rough it for a few days or so. (And hopefully a few days was as long as she would have to go without taking a bath.)

The ranger blinked as Athena started poking their newest party member. She thought it inappropriate. How would Athena like it if someone was poking her like that? Those thoughts she kept to herself. Athena appeared to be just curious and hopefully didn't mean him any harm. And he didn't seem to mind so who was she to protest?

"Uh ... Sir," she began. "If you don't mind me asking, just what kind of NPC are you? You certainly don't act like the others but I can't find any sign that you're a player." It had occurred to her that Fro'siv was some kind of glitch in the game but if that was the case, what was that odd conversation she'd heard taking place between him and Beekin before they had climbed out in the cave?

Athena had stopped her poking, but it was only because she was getting lost in those starry-eyes! Awww... it was like looking up at the sky at midnight! She was even grinning, probably with every single thought running across her face. At least Athena put her hands back in her lap when Edric asked him a question.

"You ARE a little different." Athena added on. "Bad guys aren't usually so nice. They bite, slice, chomp and kill... But I've never had one come and play too!"

Fro'siv turns his head, looking up at Edric at 'sir', offering a smile. It was a legitimate question, and Fro'siv thought about it for a good few moments. "...I... do not really know. Eet eez 'ard to imagine, but... I do bee-leev I am an 'evolv-eeng' character. A sentient - an NPC wit' ee-nuff AI to run as my own be-eeng." He nods, one ear rising in a curious position.

"From vhat I know, zis eez... experimental. To simplify..." He looks Edric directly in the eye and states, "I am liv-eeng, think-eeng, breathe-eeng technolo-gee. In a vay, I am as alive as oo' player-charact-airs... where a Townie is scripted, as most Bosses... Sentients, like myself, evolve as ze game goes on, and ze play-airs of ze world make zair choices."

He chuckles at Athena's statement, turning to face her and lowering his glasses to meet her gaze. "Bad guy...? Non. I am a 'nice guy'... vun can be a nice guy wizzout being a good individual. Zat I choose to be wit' oo' an' 'elp oo' is completely selfish: I did not vant to die, be-eeng vit' oo' off-airs some protection, a few of oo' are attrative as a non-repense can be, I can level vit' oo beyond my normal capabilities, an' above all... still gain reputation an' pow-air as a 'good guy', despite my allegiance to evil." He nods, offering a handsome smile. "I feel confident een be-eeng honest vit oo', at least."

Edric nodded at his reply. That did make sense. She had never realized you could be nice and yet evil at the same time. She looked at the others. "Is everyone rested? I think the sooner we get to those cliffs, the better off we are. Especially since there may be stronger monsters crawling around after dark."

The rest had done her well but now she needed sleep and maybe they could find food on the way. She stood and waited for the others before setting off for the cliffs.

"We'll take good care of you!" Athena announced, assuming that the entire party was going to agree. "Now that you're on our side, it'll be great! If the short-guy stops being useless we'll probably be the most successful party in the entire world. We'll finds loads of treasures and rescue a lot of royal people from doom."

Athena hopped up from her seat (though it was less like hopping and more like trying to force herself up without toppling over) and skipped after Edric. "I hope we do find some more monsters. There weren't enough in the cave and I feel kind of bad for hitting all of those skeletons now."