Lethal Reword 3: Lost Dice!

"Bloody maniacs the lot of you!" The re-robed gnome shouted digging himself out of a pile if rocks, when looking it his dust covered bear found something he could legitimatly complain about. "You need a bath."

He looked around for his staff and found it lodged in the ribcage of one of the skeletons holding up the roof. "Hey, when you're quite done having the world on your shoulders can I just..." he jumped up and grabbed the end of his staff pulling it free and causing it, and one of the ribs, to fall. "I'll take these, at least i'll have gotten something out of this mess, WHAT THE HELL ARE WE DOING UNDERGROUND ANYWAY!" he slipped the rib into hos bag and picked up his staff. "You Pier von Guano what the bloody hell is going on here?" he aid pointing his staff at the "boss" "and why does my head feel life the morning after a fun night with cheep vodka?"

"Ahh!" The bat creature screams in shock as the smaller female randomly decides to wrap her arms around his neck in a hug. "...Erm..." Offering a hug back and sighing happily (he didn't get many hugs), he eventually pulls her away from him. "I am not 'good guy'. I am a dark mage... I perform taboo magics. Eet eez not a 'good' thing..." He shrugs shyly, nodding. "...An' eet eez mew-too-all-ee ben-ee-fee-chal for me to save 'oo... can't geet out of 'ere on my own..."

He turns to look at the gnome, lowering his eyes, "Oo, 'owev-air, are a 'orrible, rude leetle man. I regret no 'aving ze privilage of seeing a rock fall on oo'r torso so that oo'r eyes slowly bulge out and burst in a torrent of von-dear-fool crimson gore..." He sighs wistfully, "Ahhh, C'est la vie."

"Ve are shut een..." He looks around, before looking at the catgirl. "An' I 'ave a feeling zat Gee-Em Deekin vill nto be 'elpin' us... ve'll 'ave to find a vay out on our on... save for oo, oo 'ave zat scroll, do oo not?"

Edric winced when the zombie bit her--forutnately this was a game and not a horror flick so chances of her becoming a zombie was nil--and made quick work of the zombies. But halfway through, part of the mine caved in and she was separated from the others!

Ed forgot about the machine and sheathed her sword. "Hey, everyone still alive in there?" she asked, starting to pull away rocks and everything in her way!

Eileen was just about to sit down and wait for one of the others to come up with a solution that didn't involve her going into a hostile town full of bounty hunters, when the weird bat-like creature managed the propose exactly that.

Slowly straightening herself, she sighed and fished into her backpack for the scroll the 'boss' had given her prior to the rude interruption by the short but all too active little girl. Her low voice rumbled through the now closed off chamber in the mines as she addressed Athena.

"Well, here's a scroll of town portal. I suppose you could use it to go into town and get some help for us. Maybe one or two of those party members you chased me with earlier....well aside from Mr. toadstool over there. I doubt well get a lot of help out of him."

She then extended the scroll towards Athena, pretending the thought of using it herself and escaping had never crossed her mind.

Athena's own opinion of the gnome wasn't very high, so when the very cute bat was suggesting what he'd prefer to do to him... well... She had more important things on her mind.

Like staring daggers at the thief!

"No way, lady! I'm not leaving you behind with my fox! You give him back, before I bring some rocks down on your head!" And Athena meant it too. She was already kicking some rocks out of the way and picking up her sword again from the ground. There would be retribution!

"Vait! No! Please!" Fro'siv lurches forward, grabbing onto Athena's waist, leg spinning around to place a prehensile foot atop her sword. "Ze roof would keel us all... wheech eez all an' good for oo folks - oo'd be revived at ze Graveyard. I vould not - mon-stairs do not revive, zey mus' be created anew, unless someone casts a Revivify on zem..."

He shakes his head pleadingly. "I do not vant to die - not yet. Let us... 'ave a peaceful solution, oui...?" He looks to the thief, nodding. "...I'm not supposed to do zis, but... eef oo give me ze fox... or vhatever zis one vants... I weell geev oo one of ze loot items I am supposed to 'drop' on my death. Since I do not intend on dy-eeng, I do not feel ze need to keep eet."

Reactions: 1 person
Eileen edged back towards the edge of the wall as Athena fumbled for her sword, when unexpectedly the monster in the cave with them halted Athena from her unjust retribution. (After all, how else was a thief supposed to earn a living?)

Much to her surprise, the proposition he made afterwards was not only reasonable, but profitable to both parties as well. It was intriguing, how much free will this NPC seemed to have, and how much drive to survive. It was almost like a real person, not like the npc's outside.

"That seems like a fine deal to me. But I insist that if she gets her plushie back, she'll take the scroll and goes for help. I have no intention of spending the rest of my first life in this collapsed rock-hole."

Once more rummaging in her backpack, she retrieved the plushie and showed it to Fro'siv, hesitantly to hand it over before she could claim her own reward.

"This little thing seemingly has no worth for me anyway. It's like I robbed an NPC..."

Athena halted her flailing at the sound of the deal. Not that she thought the thief deserved ANYthing but a sword to the gut after stealing her most valuable item in the universe! Once she saw her fox, it was difficult not to go lunging at it.

"Fine! I'd be happy to take the scroll and save us all! There's a whole world to discover and we can't do that in here. Gimmiegimmiegimmie!" She was reaching out her hands trying to grab for the fox. ...damn her arms for being so short!

Fro'siv's face showed an extreme amount of relief when the 'thief' agreed to the trade-off. Unbuttoning the top part of his shirt, he reaches within and pulls out a glimmering silver ring, a bat wing, and a miniature representation of... what appeared to be a magic staff. Looking over the thief again, he places the wing and the 'staff' back into his vest pocket, buttoning the top button again.

He holds out the ring, also holding his hand out to take the plushie. He had no fear of being cheated out of the ring - he couldn't use it anyway, and it didn't seem like the thief had anywhere to run. He smiled - an honestly attractive look that made his eyes sparkle - even in this area of dim lighting.

"Eet eez not much, but eet eez ze most likely item to be of oo'se to one of oo'r... skills, eef I assume oo'r skills correctly, an' I sincerely appy-oh-gize eef I deed not..." He nods, "Zis eez a Night Flyer's Ring. Ze wearer of ze Night Flyer's Ring 'as improved jump-eeng an' ze ability to slowly glide down from 'eights... but only when shone upon by starlight... a fair trade, I believe...?"

Edric stopped digging for a moment to take a breath and lie her forehead against a boulder. She'd been digging for ages it seemed and now her eyes were stinging, forcing her to blink and her vision to blur and her lungs were taking in the stale, dusty air. She shuddered and bit her lip so she would focus on something other than the thought of her present location--feet below the earth.

Edric's throat was hoarse from calling out to the rest of her party and had it not been for her gloves, her nails would have been chipped and her skin scratched by rocks. Her clothes were dusty and her bow lay propped up against the tunnel's wall at her feet.

There were a few boulders strewn next to her and yet a thick massive wall still remained before her. Everything seemed so hopeless and ... so real. But she couldn't give up now and she didn't dare leave. If she left the tunnel now without knowing if the party was alright, she would never return. She'd conquered her fear once but her doubts were high that she would be able to conquer it a second time.

Near Edric, the same sounds of earth and boulders moving could be heard. In fact, not that far at all - a simple glance would reveal that... a skeleton with a broken rib - the same she shot at - was helping to move away some of the rocks... tireless and quiet, it also worked to get to the other side. It hadn't even glanced up or made it's presence known. Just the eerie undead - working.

Noise stod in the center of the town square, looking around and scratching his head. Now where has my prey run off to? Eh, might as well see if one of the NPCs saw anything. Walking over to the nearest NPC, he clicked the Activate/Examine button. A list of conversation options popped up. Noise chose the one that read 'Have you seen [TARGET NAME] recently?' The NPC smiled and pointed towards the cave and said She went that-a-way, doc. And while you're at it, could you lcear the cave of the boss? Noise looked at the NPC and, while he wanted to tell him that his programmer watched too many Looney Toons, he instead asked Will killing the Boss raise my hunter rank? Once again the NPC smiled and answerd. Nope. Not one bit. Noise looked at the man, shook his head, and dashed off to the caves. He decided that if the Boss attacked first, he'd kill it, but otherwise, it wasn't worth the effort. After all, he had a bounty to claim. Shame though, that she was requested alive.

Edric lifted her head when she heard some rocks falling. She turned and saw the skeleton working and found herself thinking there were some advantages to being undead, followed by quickly telling herself she would rather not explore what other advantages there might be firsthand. She sucked in a deep breath and wiped the sweat off of her brow. Maybe she should have settled for her first choice and gone for a barbarian.

Edric huffed. It was too late to go back and redo the character. Truth be told, she always did like elves and rangers were awesome. She just had to keep a steady supply of arrows and find out how you befriended animals. A horse would be handy but a wolf would be nice as well. Maybe asking the gnome druid ... on second thought, maybe not. He didn't seem very reliable at all.

One boulder. Another boulder. She dug away some dirt. How long was it going to take to get to them?!

Athena had her fox back in her hands and cuddle him with glee! "Oh Dante! I thought I lost you forever. It's okay, that mean thief won't get her hands on you again." A kiss on the fox plushie's nose and he was stashed away back where he belong.

Now Athena was casting a look around the collapsed cave (giving an occasional glare at Eileen) with her hands on her hips.

"Okay so, we have to get out right? Even if one person goes alone for help, the whole place might crush everyone else before people get back. So let's blow it up!" The suggestion seemed reasonable enough to her. "I mean, well one of the walls! We have to get that elf back too. No party members left behind." she said matter-of-factly. Athena shuffled a bit until she had the hilt of her sword in hand. Still unable to lift it up too high (and wondering how she was going to get it back in it's sheath), she let it rest on her side as she tapped her chin.

"At least one of us should have something explosive, right? You, Mister Batfox?"

Noise ran to the cave, looking for an alternate way in. By pure chance, he happened to find the same tunnel that the thief had used, not that he knew this. Jumping in, he slid down the long shaft until he popped out in the midst of everything. Seeing the rocks falling, the undead running about, and the bat-thing, Noise thought to himself, "Oh man, what have I gotten myself into this time?"

With a crumbling noise, light streams through into the cave held up by skeletons. A bony head pokes in, before more rocks are cleared away - Edric and the skeleton had dug through.

Fro'siv sighs his relief. "Glorious!" He hops over, reaching his hand up and getting help out of the cave-in from his skeleton, walking out and dusting himself off with a contemptible frown as the skeleton reaches it's bony hand back down to help others out. "Vell... zat could 'ave gone bettair..." His ears flick. "...I don' 'ear any shufflin'. Check oo'r quest logs... guess ze cave-in took out ze ozzair boss..."

His ears droop. "Sorry, but I canno' 'ave oo finish zis quest." He bows slightly. "I mus'... take my leave. Eet was a ples-air to be meeting oo. My skeletons vill 'elp oo out an' de-animate." He turns on his heel, walking quickly away from the scene, leaving his skeletons to aid the others from the hole.

"Hey stop right there bat-boy." the gnome said taking a running jump onto his back. "We have to finish the quest or that rainbows-and-irritaion Beekin will never give up talking about it." he gestured wildly with one hand while holding on with the other OPEN MENU! OPEN QUEST LOG! OPEN JOURNAL! .......... OPEN FANCY C.I.A. DOSIER! DAMMIT HOW DOES THIS THING WORK!"

Sulphur trotted after his as he clung to Fro'siv's back. "Tried pressing the escape button, or F10. Or Ctrl O, Alt I..." "You're not helping gasbag" "Well I'm not the one clinging to an imaginary bat trying to open my quest log." At that moment a book fell out of the druid's bag and opened on a page titled "Quests" "Oh.. well....."

With some luck, Athena managed to get her sword where it belonged. (Although for a moment it looked like she was going to bring the cave down again in the process.) And while the dumb dwarf complained and landed on the back of HER giant batfoxman, she tried not to pull it out again and clobber him to death.

"Yeah, where are you going! There is only a few of us so far, and if we're going to travel the world and fight monsters, we'll need some help! Why don't you give up this life of villainy and come join us instead? It's more fun!"

Fro'siv turned around, gnome swinging upon his back - tall bat-man just ignoring the little creature's presence, which was probably a good thing for said gnome's HP bar. "Vhat? A boss mon-stair join-eeng a group of adventurers? Zat eez ze mos' repulsive theeng I 'ave ev-air 'eard of!"

GM: That's right! How could you think to allow an Evil member in your party? It's disgusting! Also, it's against the rules! You're supposed to KILL him!

Fro'siv glares up at the roof of the cave, then down to the others. "Eef Beekin disapproves, zan I approve. I accept oo'r invitation."

GM: Wh... what!? It's... it's unheard of! It doesn't work that way!

"Vhat are oo going to do about eet? Cry?"

GM: Nnnngh! You'll be sorry! I'll reset you!

Fro'siv shakes his head. "No, oo won't. Since ze game is based on realism, to 'ave me jus' vanish an' go back to normal vould suspend disbelief, so to speak. So by oo'r own rules, oo cannot."

GM: ...You're not supposed to know that.

Fro'siv theatrically waves his hand. "I am an Evil Mage. Eet eez een my class to know theengs zat I shouldn't."

GM: Nnnngh!

Fro'siv chuckles, giving the group a bow. "I guess oo can be count-eeng on me, zen... zoh, I am an Evil Mage... don' expect me to geev up my nature for oo all... zoh I vill tone eet back..." He looks directly at Athena, "For oo'r sake." Ending with a wink, he turns, beginning to lead the way out.

An announcement appears: The Evil Mage Fro'siv has joined the party! 'Mages in the Mines' completed!

+100 Repense Reputation. Repense are now Neutral.
-20 Townsfolk Reputation.

Edric stepped back as the skeleton helped a large bat out, followed by everyone else. She smiled and clapped. "I was so worried! But you did it, you're all alive!" She looked from the gnome to Athena to--"Hello," she greeted the large bat.

Edric picked up her bow, slipped it over her shoulder, and followed the others out. "That was pretty close. But what happened to those others I heard in the room with you? Did they escape some other way?" Of course she was talking about the cat-thief and the bounty hunter.