Let it go, Let it go~!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to let go of my procrastination and general laziness when it comes to day to day activities. It's gotten better at least, even without any motivation beyond 'I'm here, gonna do it' is enough to make me move.

There's some other stuff, but that's too personal to post here.

I'm letting go of constraining myself for other people!

I thought living alone with my SO across the country would be lonely and miserable, but living by myself has taught me how to live FOR myself.

To be clear, I'm not saying I no longer care or strive for the happiness of those around me; if someone needs me it's like BAM IM THERE. But I'm learning to give some love to myself, too!

So I'm letting go of worrying what others will think of me

I'm letting go of using other people's inhibitions as an excuse not to overcome my own

I'm letting go of sticking only to what's familiar

And I'm letting go of relying on other people to make me happy :3 I can be happy by myself, with a friend, with my family, or in a room of strangers!

I'm letting go of giving a damn about people outside my own little house. This may sound like a 'duh', but for far too long I've worried about the opinion of my family when I realized it doesn't even fucking matter. Who cares what my mother/father/sister/brother think about me? I don't particularly care about them myself. I'm sticking to my husband's philosophy. If you don't fuck me, feed me, or pay my check, I don't give a rat's ass what you have to say.

• Love
Reactions: SacredWarrior
I'm letting go of constraining myself for other people!

I thought living alone with my SO across the country would be lonely and miserable, but living by myself has taught me how to live FOR myself.

To be clear, I'm not saying I no longer care or strive for the happiness of those around me; if someone needs me it's like BAM IM THERE. But I'm learning to give some love to myself, too!

So I'm letting go of worrying what others will think of me

I'm letting go of using other people's inhibitions as an excuse not to overcome my own

I'm letting go of sticking only to what's familiar

And I'm letting go of relying on other people to make me happy :3 I can be happy by myself, with a friend, with my family, or in a room of strangers!
We might be twins, this is a big one for me. I really allow the thoughts of others to control me more than is necessary.

In particular though, I want to work on wanting things for myself. I don't have an issue with who I am, and who I want to be. I think I've got a lot of self-esteem, but not a whole lot of initiative. It really is strange, that even as much as I want to have a cute appearance, I rarely actually take steps to make it happen. It is a lot of work shaving my arms, legs, face, and basically my whole body, yet it gets undone in basically a day or two. Plus it hurts because my skin gets cut or irritated so easily. Not to mention I have pimples that keep showing up, and I really should do something to clean my face. Also I'd really like to wear a skirt, but I don't because people will think it looks weird, and because of the abovementioned things I'm not doing even I won't think it looks cute. And these kinds of thoughts manage to convince me that maybe it is too much of a bother.

Even though I know what I want, I know how to get it, and I have the confidence to do so, just the lack of actually doing anything is stopping me from doing it. That has hurt my self esteem, because there are days where I wanted to go out and just found a comfortable reason to not do anything instead. I want to let this go, and start doing what I actually want to do instead of just doing what is most comfortable.

Avoiding arguments/debates where the only clear outcome is everyone being angry.

Debates can be good, and some have their place.
But not all of them are battles worth fighting.
It is a lot of work shaving my arms, legs, face, and basically my whole body, yet it gets undone in basically a day or two.
You could always wax it off.
Granted that would be a bit painful and more permanent, but it means hair shouldn't be growing back any time soon.

What is something you are working on letting go of, so you can become a better, happier person?
Would "my family" be to harsh a thing to say? Maybe a better way of putting it is my dependency on them.

• Love
Reactions: Brovo
I'd say vaping. But the nicotine really helps with the stress, and it's the only way I know how to deal with it since I refuse to talk about problems. So, I'll be letting go of trying to give up vaping.

To me, that's positive.

We might be twins, this is a big one for me. I really allow the thoughts of others to control me more than is necessary.

In particular though, I want to work on wanting things for myself. I don't have an issue with who I am, and who I want to be. I think I've got a lot of self-esteem, but not a whole lot of initiative. It really is strange, that even as much as I want to have a cute appearance, I rarely actually take steps to make it happen. It is a lot of work shaving my arms, legs, face, and basically my whole body, yet it gets undone in basically a day or two. Plus it hurts because my skin gets cut or irritated so easily. Not to mention I have pimples that keep showing up, and I really should do something to clean my face. Also I'd really like to wear a skirt, but I don't because people will think it looks weird, and because of the abovementioned things I'm not doing even I won't think it looks cute. And these kinds of thoughts manage to convince me that maybe it is too much of a bother.

Even though I know what I want, I know how to get it, and I have the confidence to do so, just the lack of actually doing anything is stopping me from doing it. That has hurt my self esteem, because there are days where I wanted to go out and just found a comfortable reason to not do anything instead. I want to let this go, and start doing what I actually want to do instead of just doing what is most comfortable.
/me looks at your avatar

We're definitely twins.

Reactions: ☆Luna☆
I realized that I also have to try really hard to get over and let go of all the negative thoughts i've had about myself over time. It's bad when other people put you down, but much worse when you're the biggest contributor to your own depression.

I love all the very thoughtful answers people are giving! <3

I really need to let go of my self hatred and disappointment. It's something I've been trying to do, but to change course after looking at yourself in nothing but a negative light for years, it's hard.

I also need to let go of the anxiety and stress I feel almost constantly. And the fear of expressing who I am, which plays a big part in where the anxiety comes from.

You could always wax it off.
Granted that would be a bit painful and more permanent, but it means hair shouldn't be growing back any time soon.
You see, I would, but the permanence is a myth. Really I'd just be paying someone to rip my hair out and make me hurt all over.

You see, I would, but the permanence is a myth. Really I'd just be paying someone to rip my hair out and make me hurt all over.
Really?
Does it at least slow down the process?

Really?
Does it at least slow down the process?
Somewhat, but not nearly enough for me to recommend it. The only real benefit is that it gives you a closer shave than any razor could possibly offer. Unless looking good is your profession, I seriously wouldn't recommend it... It is literally tearing the hair from your body forcefully. Go ahead and tug a little on some of your hair, now imagine that you did it hard enough to tear it out, and now imagine you did that to all the hair on an entire section of your body. That is what waxing is.

Somewhat, but not nearly enough for me to recommend it. The only real benefit is that it gives you a closer shave than any razor could possibly offer. Unless looking good is your profession, I seriously wouldn't recommend it... It is literally tearing the hair from your body forcefully. Go ahead and tug a little on some of your hair, now imagine that you did it hard enough to tear it out, and now imagine you did that to all the hair on an entire section of your body. That is what waxing is.
Ah, I see. :/
Can you dye body hair a certain colour so it blends in with the skin?

@☆Luna☆ @Gen. Gwazi Magnum
It takes longer to grow back, about 3-6 weeks depending on your hair-growth.
When it comes to irritated skin it's better to apply something soothing to the shaved area and use shaving cream when shaving.
Also, Gwazi, no, there's no way to do that. Even blondes can't hide their body hair like that.

Now, the other day I emotionally disowned my mother (and by default family). For those who know me well on this site they're already aware of my complicated family relations and how those tend to make things worse for me. I also get in several conflicts with them because my ideology and ethics is strongly different from theirs.

The reason for the latest discussion (and resulting enlightenment) was my new job in sales. To sum up a really boring speech: She spoke of how my choices hurt and disappointed her (I had vaguely mentioned the possibility of quitting school to focus on work during a previous meeting) and then went to exemplifying how I couldn't be a decent salesperson because no one else in the family had ever been one.

Now, that told me two things: She is invested in me not in a way a parent should be without ringing some alarm bells, that spoke controlling in volumes. It also told me that their viewpoint of me was only what they believed about me and not who I am.
I stopped giving a damn once that sunk in. If my family can't bother to give my choices the benefit of a doubt when they're not "all according to plan" then there's no point in caring about how they see me.

I got my proverbial Dobby-sock so to speak xD

• Love
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Status
Not open for further replies.