Let it go, Let it go~!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it was like that, but I'm not exactly sure myself. I don't really bother with it.

This topic is about personal experiences with things you yourself are working to let go of, and I would very much love to hear your own experiences! :D

Oh. I thought that you made this because of that thread.

I'm trying to be less judgmental in general. I've recently noticed I have a bad habit of jumping to conclusions about people and their intentions before applying critical thought. It's something everyone does to some extent, but I've been doing it a lot more than I would prefer. It happened recently on Iwaku even, in a thread where I jumped to a quick conclusion about the poster's intent and then made an ass of myself by posting a serious response to what, on a more critical examination, was almost certainly satire. It's a really dumb thing to do, so I'm working to get myself in the habit of stopping, reading again, and thinking about it rationally before responding to anything that I have an immediate negative gut reaction to. It seems to be mostly successful so far, but only time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.