Legends of New Hyrule (OoC)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
In any case, if regular bows aren't a thing, I may have to change my character a bit.

Appearance:
gerudo_girl_redesign_by_ryomaninja-d5l9ai4.jpg
One's first impression of Nim would be a person that just crawled right out of the desert even though she hasn't seen her homeland in over a year.

Like all Gerudo, Nim has an athletic build, and thanks to her being rather on the tall side gives her a bit of an intimidating appearance. She has the fiery, long red hair and dark skin typical of her people, with emerald green eyes that always seem to have a constant glare. Her face is usually hidden behind her headdress, but if one were to remove it they would find a rather jagged scar running across the left side of her face.

Her midriff is left bare of any clothing in typical Gerudo fashion, and she wears tough leather boots

She is light and fast on her feet, and incredibly nimble, easily out maneuvering slower opponents.

Name: Nimrah
Most others besides Gerudo's call her Nim. She doesn't mind.

Species: Human, Gerudo

Equipment:
Two scimitars,
a regular bow
and her light leather armor.
(ignore those Katars in the image)

Din's Fire - fried octorok anyone?
Clawshots - Allows to get to hard to reach places.
Fire Arrows - Pew! *Sizzle*

Adventurer's Kit Contents:
Canteen of Water
Some rations
Several lengths of Rope - used to climb down things.
A Map of Hyrule/surrounding lands
Arrows
Quiver

Personal History: Nimrah Hails from the Gerudo Valley, the desert dwelling tribe of female people. That said, she never really got a long with the others that well. Where they were confident warriors of the sand, she was a bit more on the introverted and pessimistic side.

She never knew either of her parents. Her mother apparently died sometime after childbirth, and her father was an adventurer who just so happened to have a bit of a passionate night with their mother. So she grew up with her sister, Reena. Often, the two were completely opposites of each other. Reena was confident, loud, and liked to fight. Nimrah was more than a little on the shy side, and constantly questioned her own abilities, leading her to being quite the pessimist.

That is, until one day they were out in the desert scouting some odd activity with the monsters inhabiting the current area. Things went south, fast. Whatever had enraged the creatures made them very aggressive and territorial. After getting herself into a rather difficult situation, Reena was injured quite badly. Nimrah managed to escape with her sister. She did what she could, but her sister died not long after.

After that, she decided that she couldn't go back to her home - fearing the others would think it was her fault that Reena was killed. In the middle of the night, she returned home after a few patrols had been sent out to look for them. She grabbed the things she could, and left for Hyrule, deciding to spend her life travelling rather than continue to living in the desert.

Other:
HEY LOOK! LISTEN! WATCH OUT!

Personality: Nimrah Is a bit on the serious side of things. She doesn't like jokers or troublemakers that well. Ever since she left the desert, her unsure somewhat pessimistic personality did an almost complete 180. She carries herself with a cold confidence that makes others a bit wary of her. She doesn't like talking much, preferring only to say what's needed, when it's needed. That's not to say she's unfriendly, she just isn't very good at the whole 'talking' thing. If you get her talking for more than a few words at a time, she usually starts stumbling over her words a bit.

As a Gerudo, stealing items and such is in her nature. She has no qualms with taking things that aren't hers - but only if she needs them. Such as if she's running low on money. She tends to try to hold herself to a 'steal from the rich' mentality.

She however, does like dancing and music. If you get a good beat going, she could be persuaded to dance a bit for you.​

Last edited by a moderator:
DAMN YOU CLAWSHOTS AND YOUR CAPTURING OF ZELDA PLAYERS HEARTS!

Kidding, it makes sense for a Geuredo for having those. Talk about "quick steal".

Merc: *whistles as he walks by*

Nimrah: *steals wallet with clawshots*

Merc: AUGH! *gets pulled back with wallet towards Nimrah until he's in her arms* Um... Hi... Were you trying to steal my stuff?

Nimrah: DAMMIT THESE THINGS ARE TOO USEFUL!

And I think some of the more basic stuff like regular Bows and Bombs can be used by the group as a collective. Stuff like Fire Arrows or Bows that have the ability to never miss (Hero's Bow) or purge evil (Goddesses Bow) will be more "Artifactual"

Reactions: Raven
I'll just wait till I know what items are available to me :/

There's a list on the last page saying what items have been taken, so anything outside of those is free range (except what The Alchemist just chose).

And I'll discuss the Goddesses Bow with @WrittenAll Over when she returns, but we can still look at stuff your character can use!

DAMN YOU CLAWSHOTS AND YOUR CAPTURING OF ZELDA PLAYERS HEARTS!

Kidding, it makes sense for a Geuredo for having those. Talk about "quick steal".

Merc: *whistles as he walks by*

Nimrah: *steals wallet with clawshots*

Merc: AUGH! *gets pulled back with wallet towards Nimrah until he's in her arms* Um... Hi... Were you trying to steal my stuff?

Nimrah: DAMMIT THESE THINGS ARE TOO USEFUL!
...I totally forgot the clawshots can steal items xD

yep, totally going to do that once xP
Anyways, if I'm accepted, I'll get to work on a post in a bit. Need to do some stuff~

Yep, one of the best things to do in the game along with the boomerang: Take stuff you shouldn't be able to access for a long time!

Reactions: Raven
Yeah that's a great thing with both of those. I'm replaying one of my Zelda games and I just got the boomerang and instead of waiting to get a heart piece I just through the boomerang and now have it XD
Yep logic can be nice.

All the sheets this far are accepted. I'll just wait to help out @ElBell with hers before I update the OP again. Everyone who's submitted a sheet can post.

@ElBell, just asking out of curiosity more then anything else, what other artifacts would you be taking along with a Bow, or in place of a bow. I'm pretty sure we can talk with WrittenAll Over if you're set on having a bow (like I've mentioned, I don't think she officially "Claimed" the Goddesses Bow, so you might still be in luck. Even if she did, we can still see if she's willing to pass it over)

I considered having the Claw Shots, to be honest, but I thought they'd be going overboard, since he's had training to be able to access places with more...conventional means, mainly super parkouring. XD

Fun fact: Clawshots were gonna be a group collectible item when I first drafted the RP. In fact, I had a whole list of items we would share as individuals, but I decided "Screw it, they're all pretty Artifactual, so I'll just have upgrades and crap like that as the "Collectables" for this.

I kind of made Zaleria an x-thief XD So I guess if she wanted she could be a successful pick pocket.

Is this a Zelda RP or a DnD campaign? XD

A bard, a Halfling, a Fish-Person, two Princesses, two fairies, three ninja/thief characters, and a few Rogues on top of it all.

Evil beware, I just rolled a 20!

This moves so fast omg

Well, beyond the bow, I'd be happy to take almost any other items. It's just that the character I had in mind had being a diligent and passionate archer as a key point XD

Wait, how many artifacts are they allowed? I thought it was just one heroic weapon *_*

From what I can tell, there's no limit, so long as it's available. XD
I'd say maybe 5 to be safe, thought. XD

Technically two artifacts, but some go in pairs like the Master Sword/Hylian Shield. But I'm fine with it being 3

Technically two artifacts, but some go in pairs like the Master Sword/Hylian Shield. But I'm fine with it being 3
oops.

I didn't see this stated anywhere or otherwise I would have stopped with the Clawshots/Fire Arrows. I saw people with three, so I assumed that was the max >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.