Legends of New Hyrule (OoC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's fine you guys.

And I know I haven't really made my character interact yet. But I'm going to try and get there just so far haven't seen a way to really do so. I get like that sometimes on things when they first start. It sometimes takes me a few starting out post before I get to really interacting.

It's cool. I'm going to take an unpopular stance and say, "Don't force it."

And by that, I don't mean "don't try." Rather, do it in a way that makes sense unless its really, really urgent.

When I first began RPing, those who mentored me place a consistent emphasis on logic and quality. Nowadays there's a bit of, forgive me if I sound harsh, hypocrisy in roleplaying advice. On the one hand, one will be told to be logical, creative, organic, and--above all--a good storyteller. On the other hand, sometimes the same person will treat you as though there's some invisible timer to player interaction or else you're being rude--just an anti-social, misplaced 1x1er.

Now what does one do in an intro post? It depends. You can manage both sometimes, but when you can't which do you do? Establish character a little? Join the party in a single post?

I agonized about this for a bit before concluding that if the players are mature, genuinely invested in the roleplay and at least putting some effort into logically bringing the characters together, the assumption of being anti-social and the fear of it is BS.

I was really tempted to have Surma roof-hopping just so she could run into the other PCs, but in hindsight, seeing as I hadn't found my stride in the first post, it would have just been awkward.

I've seen confused GMs and advisors who would complain that PCs don't seem to ever have families or lives outside of adventuring AND complain that players who bothered to establish such things through actual roleplay were being loners and wasting time. That doublemindedness is crappy and only breeds indecisiveness.

*dismounts the soapbox*

Basically, don't worry, Raven. I've got a feeling we'll all be interacting soon enough. ;)

Yeah no worries its fine. I think the majority of waiting right now is on y part to make the next GM post (which will be up this weekend).

Sorry to keep you waiting, folks!
Ah, good to hear. Everybody likes a clearly active game, but when I like a game and time permits, I'm willing to stick with it even if it has to be brought back from the RP Graveyard.

Thanks Coffee. I just thought I should say something being I've posted only twice and I have had a few RPs not many but when I didn't approuch in character by my second post they just left me way behind and I had to drop out.

And I've also ended up making the character push through with alomost no contact with other RPers because I was too slow apparently to get much interaction.

But it's good to know I'm not the only one it seems who likes the character to basically have a reason or some background in the RP than just there bio.

Boop-Boop-be-doop!

Posting soon ^^

• Love
Reactions: Raven
Okay Yayyyyyyyyyyy :)

Still here. Ready to rock and roll when you are. :)

I'm still here... Waiting... >_>

Working on the OoC for a long-prolonged Star Wars RP, then I'll hopefully post today or tomorrow

It'll be up this week, it got a little a while ago.

Reactions: Raven
*peeks outside the tent*

*rubs hands together*

Iscominlong :3

The post should be up this week, almost finished!

DA-da-da-DAAAAAAAAAH!

You've found a new IC post!

Sorry it took so long guys ^^;

So, I won't be able to continue. I'm very sorry y'all and I hope this goes far!

Aw :(

Well I'll save you a spot (for a reservation) in case you want to return later on ^^

.. .must. . .
help. . .

keep. . .
alive. . .
if. ..
needed. . .

tumblr_inline_mhzw6uexDq1qz4rgp.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.