Legend of Renalta 2: Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Teaser: "My dear, your father was right. Don't consort with spiders as such a pretty little thing... They have the tendency to strike when you least expect it." -The Valsharess.
"What's that? Spiders? Shut yer gib! They don't exist! Nothing but Drow propaganda! Get out of my shop, you rabblerouser!" - 'Mindflayered' Mikhail, Merchant.

My dear, spiders are very real and if you do not believe I will be happy to show and perform to you the Black Widows Kiss....

Working on proofreading and editing now. Looks like it'll all be done a few hours in advance, but I'm still posting it up on Friday (tomorrow) rather than posting early. Give last minute posters the chance to do their thing. Also remaining in solitude for the duration, still have other shit to attend to that requires my utmost concentration.

Teaser "The Choir": "...Screaming, ever changing, rapid, chaotic, unintelligible noise. No limit, no point, no purpose, no rhythm, no Song. Guttural, pointless, violent, inescapable destruction. They are to Us, the ever consuming entropy: Absorbing them would destroy Us, ignoring them would destroy Us. They outnumber and outpower Us. Therefore Our only choice is to trust the Deaf to hear Us." --To be revealed.

One day remains.

EDIT

Yes Rhai, I'll look at Arkos soon. Don't pester me about that. :rotfl:

THE CHOIR 2015!!

Also, I know, Robert. I was just telling you I actually managed to finish him! :bear:

• Love
Reactions: Brovo
Teaser "The Choir": "...Screaming, ever changing, rapid, chaotic, unintelligible noise. No limit, no point, no purpose, no rhythm, no Song. Guttural, pointless, violent, inescapable destruction. They are to Us, the ever consuming entropy: Absorbing them would destroy Us, ignoring them would destroy Us. They outnumber and outpower Us. Therefore Our only choice is to trust the Deaf to hear Us." --To be revealed.

Sweet!

A Death-metal concert!

<.<
>.>
<.<

• Love
Reactions: Brovo and Snakey
Two hours...

HURREH HURREH HURREH!

FORGET YOUR TIME ZONE. YOU'RE LIVING IN THE PAST! CENTRAL TIME ZONE MASTER RACE. POST SOONER.

Information on the OOC

Mission information will be released in 1 week. Perhaps a little earlier, if people seem to respond to this information dump warmly. This is to pace out information so as not to overwhelm anyone, giving you time to decide on how to upgrade your character. Companion NPCs and items will be revealed immediately. You can interact with companion NPCs in the mission hub, but beyond the advancement of personal relationships with these characters, there isn't any particular, obvious mechanical benefit to befriending them. They should be scattered across the Renaltan capital, ready to interact with you wherever you want. Yes, this includes Mikan, despite story text detailing her attempts to be alone right now.

IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR CHARACTER UPGRADES, THEY'RE BELOW THE NEW PLAYERS SECTION! It's a little more complicated this time around because I'm unlocking the kiddie wheels and giving you full control over your character growth now. Min-max to your heart's content if that's how you feel your character should be.

Seeing as how there is more blatant stuff to do for this mission hub, it will last 1-2 months. (Depending on how much interest there is and how quickly posts come rolling out.) Consider this a bit of a test on my part to see how much interest I can get from people for pure, non-action oriented storytelling involving very important people in the world.

Information on world leaders & others of interest is brief and can be found just below. Refer to it for any world-knowledge you might need on these people, in case you need a quick reminder of who is who. New players should find this especially helpful. All of these characters are within the Renaltan capital, representing a faction, can be interacted with, and can be influenced by you.

These tabs will be copied into a later post and linked in the main OOC for future reference. Later, though, because, this was a lot of work, and I likely need to rest after this.

• Tabs will arrange characters by faction affiliation. This is specifically to assist new people, as there are a lot of characters active in the world. Ergo, instead of looking through a list of names going "who do you work for?!" Instead they can look at a faction and then see who is affiliated with said faction.

Simplicity is a beautiful thing! Also chances are, I will have forgotten to delete an example profile, like the one below. Sleep-deprived minds do such silly things.

Name: (Their name.)
    Title(s): (What they're known by/for! Ex: Queen, General, Assassin.)
    Sex: (Their biological gender.)
    Goals: (Their objectives, both personal and professional, that are publicly speculated on.)
    Alignment: (D&D-style alignment.)
    Other: (Quick tidbits of information, stuff you'd notice at a glance. Ex: The Eternal Empress of the Imperium is a lich.)
  • Name: Kouri of Renalta.
    Title(s): Queen of Renalta. Royal Blooded.
    Sex: Female.
    Goals: The safety of her people. The defeat of the Nine Hells. To keep her children safe from harm and to try to do the same for her wife. To create a lasting peace in the world. To protect the rights and freedoms of her people in the interests of promoting a tolerant society.
    Alignment: Lawful Good.
    Other: Ruler of Renalta, creator of the Queen's Blades. This person is your boss, essentially, and a tolerant, idealistic one at that. Betray that trust at your own peril. Skilled pyromancer, one of the most powerful mages in the kingdom. Banished the gods from the mortal realm ten years ago, permanently severing all contact with them.

Name: Alexandria Sumera Nabaecasar.
    Title(s): Queen of Renalta.
    Goals: To keep her wife and children safe from harm. To protect the kingdom she's helped revive.
    Alignment: Chaotic Good.
    Other: Is co-founder to the Queen's Blades, so she is technically your boss too. Is an ex-pirate lycanthrope with an undying loyalty to Kouri. Betray Kouri's trust at your own peril. :ferret:

Those looking to interact with her should ask @Tempest as this is her character from long ago.

Went by memory. @Tempest can correct me if my memory failed me on Alexandria.

Name: Hanus Wolfblood.
    Title(s): General of Renalta.
    Sex: Male.
    Goals: To serve the Queens of Renalta, wherever they might require his aid. To see the Drow, his people, learn to respect men in positions of authority.
    Alignment: Neutral-Good.
    Other: Drow Vampire who wields weapons imbued with spirits that lust for blood. Known to be a legendary duellist, and mentor to many in Renalta's army. While immortal, he has lived long enough to see no particular desire to live: When his purpose in Renalta is over, unless he has found another purpose to live, he will likely end his own life.
  • Name: Florence Merryweather.
    Title(s): General. (Antiquated: Praetor.)
    Age: Practical: 45. Actual: 10,045. (Spent 10,000 years trapped in a "spiritual prison.")
    Goals: The restoration of the Imperium to the height of its former glory. The "Dream of Empire." The preservation of ancient artifacts pertaining to the Imperium of old.
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral.
    Other: Husband to the Eternal Empress, though the two have had a turbulent past. Part of the famed "Immortal Legion" of the Imperium, which constitutes several thousand men and women that spent 10,000 years trapped in an eternally repeating delusion of Elysium, their version of heaven. There, they mastered their combat skills, but lost natural survival instincts. Distrusts magic and mages by nature. Is a known bureaucrat who is willing to lie and scheme if it means the Imperium will improve in strength, despite his adherence to honourable practices otherwise.

Name: Maurie Merryweather.
    Title(s): The Eternal Empress.
    Goals: To foster the new Imperium into a global force of reason and trade.
    Other: Is a Lich. More specifically, is a spirit imbued in a set of armour that produces an illusory projection of a physical body. After an apocalypse that destroyed the old Imperium, she was one of the few survivors. Taking as many spirits as she could into soul gems, she travelled deep into an underground cave and create the false-Elysium mentioned in Florence's sheet. For ten thousand years, she used her own body as a conduit to upkeep the illusion, until she was freed by Kouri in the midst of her quest to banish the Gods.

Ever since she has been known as the Eternal Empress, shepherding her people with a motherly hand, and giving the Senate advice on how to deal with domestic affairs. She has a deep respect for Renalta, and where many older members of the Imperium view Renalta as just another offshoot kingdom from their own, she sees it as an equal ally on the world stage.
  • Name: Taigyn.
    Title(s): Templar. (Leader of the Templar Order.)
    Goals: To defeat the Papacy and end the civil war in Rheinfeld. To preserve an alliance with Renalta, and save his people from an endless cycle of poverty.
    Alignment: Lawful Good.
    Other: Taigyn was one of Kouri's compatriots in her quest to banish the gods. He became leader of the Templar Order when the papacy turned out to be a corrupted shell of its former self, with no actual links to the gods. Thanks to his travels with Kouri, where other leaders of the Templar Order would have executed their priests for their use of magic instead of holy connections to the gods for healing, he spared them. His past with Mikan haunts him at times, and bringing her up around him either elicits silence or a vivid blush. Don't ask him about collars.

Went by memory. @Tempest can correct me if my memory failed me on Taigyn.

Name: Alida Spiegel.
    Title(s): Unofficial leader of the Rheinfeld Republic. Ex-Templar.
    Goals: Seeks to depose of the corrupt papacy to establish a democratically representative republic. Actively fights against the idea of the Templar Order taking power after the papacy is dethroned.
    Other: Born to a pair of immigrants, her dark skin marks her as someone from a distant, unknown land. She abandoned the Templar Order and joined the Rheinfeld Republic in its infancy, inspired by the way in which Renalta treats its people, she hopes to take it one step further and depose of any need for a despot.
  • Name: Crown-Prince Xavier.
    Title(s): Crown-Prince of Liveria.
    Goals: To keep Liverian independence, cultural identity, and borders distinctly separate and isolated from her neighbours. To ensure other nations respect their sovereignty. To seek a potential marriage candidate for his daughter, preferable one of noble or royal standing, though he will ultimately defer to her wishes. To find a new wife after his was assassinated alongside his father.
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral.
    Other: Became the ruler of Liveria despite not taking proper rulership oaths due to the untimely demise of his father and wife. Part of rulership rites in Liveria include being married to ensure the royal line continues. When he passes away, his daughter will become Crown-Princess until married. He is known to view outsiders and foreigners with a great deal of distrust. He has affections for Queen Kouri, and doesn't see her marriage to Alexandria as being "truly proper of civilized nobility", having at one point proposed to her and been obviously rejected.

His feelings about Renaltans are mixed. They are both foreigners and brothers by blood. Liverians view family as one of the most important societal things to maintain and care for, but which is more important: Isolation from danger, or brotherhood?

To clarify: He has ruled for three years. This differs from the original timeline. This doesn't matter for new players.

Name: Princess Helénē.
    Title(s): Princess of Liveria.
    Goals: To have Liveria and Renalta grow closer bonds, to honour her family despite her more open view of foreigners. To experience the world, grow smarter and stronger so she will be a capable ruler. To find a lover who can care for her and respect her.
    Other: Accompanied the Queen's Blades on a mission and had multiple revelations about the outside world and her own character. Tends to be described as a gentle, reclusive soul, and is often compared to Kouri's legendary beauty, though like Kouri, she has turned down many suitors, waiting to find the 'perfect candidate'.
  • Name: Xixis Madheart.
    Title(s): Emperor of the Goblin Holds.
    Goals: Preserving the Goblin Holds' independence and the abolishment of slavery, especially for goblins and orcs.
    Alignment: Neutral.
    Other: A goblin shaman with a powerful sorcery tome of his people, which was given to him by Sarah Darkhammer--the wife of the most powerful and deranged cretin in the world. Make of that what you will, but Xixis a potent caster that often finds himself under the scrutiny of the Mage's Guild. The two faction don't get along well.

Those looking to interact with him should ask @Kadaeux as Xixis' goals are quite clear: Keep The Goblin Holds free and abolish slavery wherever possible.

Tried going off of the top of my head. If I'm wrong, @Kadaeux can correct me.
  • Name: Rashad.
    Title(s): Warlord.
    Goals: The acquisition of additional power and wealth within the Free Holds. Centralizing power into a council of warlords. Appeasing international interests for the survival of the Free Holds.
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral.
    Other: A master illusionist, Rashad is known for doing anything it takes to ensure his success. Even if that means whoring himself or his servants out, committing murder, or selling slaves. Yet, at the same time, he has gone on public record wanting to institute basic civil rights for slaves, and treats his servants with respect. His motives are confusing, to say the least.

Name: Tina.
    Title(s): Warlord.
    Goals: To retain her position of power as a warlord, and by extension, protecting Rashad from harm.
    Alignment: Neutral.
    Other: Is a half-elf and a woman in charge of a hold, which makes her either suicidal or a brilliant survivalist. Public opinion is uncertain on which.
  • Name: Valsharess. (Real name unknown.)
    Title(s): The Valsharess. (Drow equivalent of "queen".)
    Goals: The survival of the drow as a culture and civilization in the face of impending doom. The restoration of Llolth as a deity within the mortal world.
    Alignment: Neutral-Evil.
    Other: Does not hesitate to use and dispose of people in her plans to escalate the role the Drow play on the world stage. On the other hand, this has made it especially difficult for the Nine Hells to infiltrate her government: You can't fool a seductress. Her magic is known to overwhelm people's senses, and make slaves out of otherwise independent men and women.

Name: Duncan of the Rocklover Clan.
    Title(s): Champion. (Military ruler.)
    Sex: Male?*
    Goals: To preserve the Dwarven mountain-cities and retain his honourable position as Champion of the Dwarves.
    Alignment: Chaotic Good.
    Other: Dwarven Champions are crowned in competitions of strength and skill, meaning that Duncan is likely one of the more powerful Dwarven warriors in the world, and word has it that on the civic front he does an admirable job. His social skills certainly leave much to be desired, however, leaving the Dwarves with characteristically few outside friendships.

*Dwarven physiology between men and women is nearly identical on the surface: Beards, height, weight, et cetera. It takes either seeing them naked or asking them what their sex is to know. Yet, somehow, Dwarves can tell at a glance, which Mage's Guild members attribute to pheromones of some kind.
  • Name: Boann Hyrill.
    Title(s): High King of Tuleria, part of the broken Triumvirate. (Royalty-Magic-Military.)
    Goals: To restore the Triumvirate with a sensible minded military officer. To save his country from imminent damnation.
    Alignment: Neutral-Good*
    Other: *Ask @Tempest for accurate details on age and nature.

He is accompanied by his wife, a Gypsy known as Jezmin, wherever he travels. Whether she's important enough to be considered a threat or not is unknown, and she seems to like it that way.
  • Name: Queen Ethlinn.
    Title(s): Queen of the Amazons.
    Goals: To protect her people and honour her mother's memory. To defeat the threat the Nine Hells poses to her people. To find a future worth living in for her people.
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral.
    Other: Amazons adopt family names based on their profession. Ergo, when Ethlinn became Queen of the Amazons, her family name changed from "princess" to "queen". However, naming nomenclature among the Amazons is reversed: The first name is last and the profession/family name is first. ex: Listener Unamo, Queen Ethlinn, et cetera.

Queen Ethlinn has expressed vivid interest in Queen Alexandria, but like most Amazons, isn't particularly picky with one night flings so long as her partner proves worthy of her time.
  • Name: Brent Basset.
    Title(s): Speaker. (Diplomat/Representative.)
    Sex: Male... ?
    Goals: To further the ends of "The Choir."
    Alignment: Pure Neutral.
    Other: He's undead, though still has skin and all. He speaks like a collective hive mind with a lack of individuality. He doesn't really comprehend how individual people function. He was one of the people who joined Kouri to banish the Gods ten years ago, however, he attempted to assassinate her and nearly succeed. Subsequently, he was brutally killed and thrown overboard on the Blood Sea. Expect older characters in the series to react poorly to him in general.

Name: Speaker Valetorias Merra.
    Title(s): Speaker. (Diplomat/Representative.)
    Sex: Male... ?
    Goals: To further the ends of "The Choir."
    Alignment: Pure Neutral.
    Other: He's undead, though still has skin and all. He speaks like a collective hive mind with a lack of individuality. He doesn't really comprehend how individual people function. He seems to have the capacity to detect and analyze undead and magic at a glance, though more complex variations give him trouble understanding them, such as with the Eternal Empress.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Information on the IC

Mission hubs have a free form structure to them, meaning you can post as often as you like, and the best way to get things done is likely through collaborative efforts. If you have any questions, feel free to ask, but here's some key things to remember.

At any point, the Queen's Blades can be assumed to be within the castle or on its grounds. Meaning it's up to you what you want your character to witness in the IC after the epilogues: Be it the entire procession of events, or only certain introductions.

What is the Diplomatic Union?

Remember, back in the first wave of missions, Kouri made the in-universe decision to force Renalta to stand on its own so other nations could receive help from the Queen's Blades. As a result, the capital city of Renalta was attacked by magic carnival terrorists. This, in combination with Kouri sustaining injuries saving a foreign nation's city from destruction, and the several moments of risk and deaths among the Queen's Blades, has inspired the various nations of the world to come together to form a council to help relieve the pressure off of Renalta.

The more nations receive assistance, the more resources they'll be willing to part with to aid your cause. Mechanically, these come in the form of items such as the Imperial Missive and the Seal of the Trader, and companions who will help you accomplish goals for the Queen's Blades. Story-wise, this will make it more likely that others will jump in to help you if you're overwhelmed by enemy numbers Ex: If someone attempts to shank you on the street, a civilian will cry out a warning for you while another couple attempt to slow said assailant down.

Conversely, this also means that the Nine Hells has taken direct notice of your activities and will go out of their way to try and kill off agents of Renalta, and plant seeds of doubt within the Diplomatic Union. Be careful where you tread. Outside of Renalta, don't be alone. They will know, and you will die...

New Players

Welcome to an organic world that lives and operates both independently of you, and as a consequence of your actions and behaviours. During the mission hub sections of the story, there is no posting order and you are free to post as often as you please. If you want a direct, long drawn out conversation with other players or with me, try using a collaborative post. A collaborative post is when two (or more) people come together, usually over private messages or an instant messenger, to write out an entire conversation between two (or more) characters. One person then posts the results of this on behalf of all parties involved. This ensures that you can have detailed, character building conversations without having to draw said conversation out over several months and five pages of individual posts. :ferret:

Character Upgrades

Thanks to specialist training now offered by the Diplomatic Union's various military and mercenary contacts, character training is now as wild as it gets. All characters receive the following.

Four points to spend on general traits. These points may be spent upgrading existing traits, or acquiring new ones. You may repeatedly upgrade the same trait multiple times. Trait descriptions will be given to you for upgraded traits, as the first one to upgrade a trait, discovers the benefits of that upgrade.

Three points to spend on unique traits. These points may be spent upgrading existing traits, or acquiring new ones. You may repeatedly upgrade the same trait multiple times.

Achievements will be given in 1-2 weeks. These were things I couldn't do in advance, I had to wait for missions to close before I can work on them. Achievements are only relevant for characters who have progressed in missions already, so new people, don't worry about this.

Faction Unveil: The Choir

"Heed Our warning, for it will be brief. We are The Choir, the lost ones, created many ages ago to slumber and wait for Our time. It is here, now, We will rise. We sense impending threat to The Song.

It will not be tolerated, We will destroy this threat, We arise from slumber. Either all others will assist Us in destroying the threat or We will move your corruptible, frail forms aside for Ourselves.

The others will comply immediately and begin providing Us bodies for purging of threat. We will meet Others of Interest to begin with terms of compliance.

Others will assist Us, or others will die and assist Us. It is the decision of others."

The Blood Sea is a living set of spirits and souls with an unknown number of preserved corpses at the bottom of the Blood Sea. There have been many wives tales of creatures who would pull overboard sailors to their deaths, though nothing was ever confirmed. It should be noted that the Blood Sea faction has no drawn borders beyond that of the sea itself, and no traditional concept of an individual self. It is a hive mind; an entity that exists as many parts of a singular whole. The hive mind refers to itself as "The Choir", likely the tens of thousands of voices that speak, dream, and feel emotions all simultaneously combined into one, amorphous, asexual, amoral, apolitical blob.

When they take physical form they do so through the possession of corpses which have been specifically treated with unknown processes in the Blood Sea. These specialized carriers allow them to be more powerful than typical undead, and while they lose their connection to "The Choir" after leaving the sea the individual will continue to operate on its last known set of orders before returning. It will do anything to achieve those orders in the most straightforward manner possible, having little in the way of individual problem solving skills. These creatures generally don't last long outside of the Blood Sea without magical intervention.

They are, however, capable of creating more intelligent, more individualistic "units" with longer lasting forms. They don't seem to appreciate creating them for enigmatic reasons, preferring to stick to their less intelligent drones.

Outside of the Blood Sea, the individual undead do seem capable of forming smaller versions of the Hive Mind while in close proximity to each other. This makes them extremely formidable foes between the physical advantages of being undead and having instantaneous communication that allows them to seamlessly work together like multiple parts in a machine, though magic may be able to disrupt it.

Companions!

Companions are NPC combatant specialists which the Queen's Blades have either attracted to their cause or who have been assigned by foreign factions in the Diplomatic Union. Companions may leave if they are treated poorly, and just like players, have no plot armour whatsoever protecting them. You may have two per mission. Players will pick and choose who to select for their missions via a process I'll reveal when missions come out in 1 week.

• Name: Nyla Valerius.
    Faction: Imperium.
    Appearance:
    Physical: Tall for her age at 5'8" with a fairly muscular build, built for combat and the demanding requirements of an Imperial Soldier. Caucasian, though her skin is tanned from many hours spent under the punishing sun training. She has brown eyes. There are several imperfections here and there: Small scars, callouses, the occasional scratch or nick here or there--beauty is not a concern for this person. Her chocolate brown hair is trimmed short, kept as such to meet military protocol. (Long hair is a potential weakness an enemy can use.)

Equipment: An upgraded set of what is otherwise a standard Imperial Uniform. Wears a chain mail shirt underneath a metal breastplate. The shirt drops down to her thighs over-top of a leather skirt, which runs down to her knees. Wears a pair of leather shoulderpads with the Imperial Eagle embroidered onto them. She also has shin, knee, wrist, and elbow pads made of hardened leather. The shin and wrist pads have a steel layer that allow her to block weapons without her shield.

A tower shield accompanies her wherever she goes, being her main tool of defense it is made of a high quality, fire-retardant wood. When asked why it's specifically fire retardant, she usually replies with a tale of how she accidentally lit a training shield on fire from swinging it too close to a nearby torch and realized how easily mages could do the very same thing at any distance they felt like.

Her weapons include a gladius and a pilum. The pilum is a one-use throwing javelin, designed so that it can't be thrown back once thrown out. The gladius is a short stabbing sword used primarily to impale opponents foolish enough to charge against her shield, but as an offensive weapon with a tower shield has limited reach.

Notable: Around her neck is a gold necklace with a small heart on it. Embedded at the centre is a small purple gemstone, a personal gift from Florence for her to remember her fallen brother by. During combat, she tucks it underneath her chain shirt. Her shoulder pads have Imperial Eagles embroidered on them--the symbol of the old Imperial Empire which used to control the entirety of the ancient world up until its fall.

Strengths:
    • Able to absorb a large amount of damage and heavy hits, even from people far stronger than herself.
    • Defensive combat style naturally meshes with frail damage dealers. (Magic users, rogues, assassins, rangers, et cetera.)
    • Has a natural sense of camaraderie that makes it hard to break her morale, even against magic or poisons that induce fear effects.
    Weaknesses:
    • Her own damage potential is limited.
    • Her defenses are vulnerable to magic and she's largely naïve of how magic works.
    • The same sense of loyalty leads her to respecting local laws and vehemently disliking doing morally questionable or detestable acts. If it involves harming or killing the innocent, don't expect her to help you.

Notable Points: She looks up to the Imperium's immortal legion, as they rescued her parents and herself when she was eight years old and gave them a home in the new Colonia. While she loves the Imperium and does what she can to advance the Dream of Empire, she is sympathetic to mages, much unlike the more conservative members of her society.

In a previous mission with the Queen's Blades, she served as a bodyguard to General Florence Merryweather with her younger brother. Her brother did not survive the mission, and she was badly injured. Upon hearing of a volunteer program in the Imperium, she immediately signed up with many others and was hand picked by the General himself to serve in both the interests of the Imperium and the Queen's Blades.
  • Name: Listener Unamo. (Profession – First Name.)
    Faction: Amazons.
    Appearance:
    Physical: At 5'4" and with a generally lithe build, this woman hardly looks intimidating. Indeed, she could even be mistaken for being a civilized woman as her own people would call it, due to her dependence on mental acuity and problem solving rather than physical prowess. Hispanic with long black hair, her looks certainly draw the looks of others, and her blue eyes seal the image of a foreign beauty. It's not uncommon for others to flirt with her, even if she ignores the flirtation entirely.

Equipment: "A simple walking stick" that is actually a staff which helps to focus her powers for communicating with and controlling spirits. A duffel bag full of various poultices and herbal remedies of her people, though its uses are limited and aren't a proper replacement for a real healer. A spell tome with many ancient spells written in an equally ancient tongue which gives her a greater access to many kinds of spells, though using them in the middle of combat is almost certainly unfeasible.

Her clothes vary over various kinds of feminine attire based on the culture she is arriving in, usually preferring more prudish and "normal looking" outfits to those of her Amazonian sisters, though regardless she tends to wear little to no armour.

Notable: Wears a small rat skull charm around her wrist. Some rumour it was a gift to her from a powerful goblin magician who once visited her, but it's just as likely to be a simple knick knack.

Her spell tome is certainly a curiosity. It's likely an artifact passed down through several generations of her people, why she would be allowed to take it away from them is certainly a valid question.

Strengths:
    • Quick to understand new situations and problem solve.
    • Her shamanistic magic involving spirit summoning and controlling is versatile and often unexpected.
    • Being an Amazon, she has some skill with a spear and is quite capable of stealth where necessary, being able to slip away from combat and escape the attention of enemies long enough to surprise them.
    Weaknesses:
    • While sharply intelligent, her knowledge of the outside world is highly limited, and obvious ploys or traps may go unnoticed by her.
    • Her morbid interest in the undead and other such twisted things can make her dangerous in the face of powerful items of interest: She may just save one of these over an ally.
    • Unlike other Amazonians she does not drink from the river of blood, as Listeners within Amazon society do not do so in order to remain capable of wielding their form of magic properly. This, coupled with being a mage, makes her quite vulnerable to damage and pain.

Notable Points: "Listener" is the title all Shaman have in Amazonian society. They're typically seen as sages, being those who "listen" to the spirits of the dead for guidance. Whilst she is capable of other forms of magic, her primary focus is upon the binding and control of spirits, which makes her rather versatile at controlling battlefields, interrogating the dead, finding things of interest, spying, and so on.

Naming culture among the Amazons is [profession] [first name]. There are no surnames.

In a previous mission with the Queen's Blades, she served as adviser to Princess Ethlinn. She survived where most of her compatriots did not. Intrigued by the outside world and seeing that the Queen's Blades perhaps needed the assistance of a shaman, she willingly left her people to vow her services in the name of the Amazons for so long as the nine hells continued to be a threat to the world, and by extension, her people.
  • Name: Fahim. (No surname on record.)
    Faction: Free Holds.
    Sex: None.
    Appearance:
    Physical: In his base form he is nothing more than grey goop, though this goop is able to quickly take several different humanoid forms. His most common form is a tall human at 6'3", with short black hair and brown eyes, and deeply tanned skin as though sunlight could somehow have an effect on his flesh. Taking on a general build of a skinny man, he often seems harmless at first glance.

Equipment: He morphs clothing for himself, often wearing orange robes with a green sash. Beyond this he doesn't need equipment: He is his own equipment.

Notable: Mere existence is notable enough, as there are none like him. It's guessed that he must have been some mage's experiment gone horrible wrong, but he couldn't tell you as he lacks the ability to recall memories that far back.

Strengths:
    • Being a shapeshifter makes him extremely versatile for a myriad of situations: Spying and combat especially.
    • He can deal with combat wounds better than anyone else, as he doesn't bleed, and damaged cells heal fairly quickly.
    • He is immune to demonic corruption and allures such as lust and greed: What can you offer to that which has no sexual organs or personal motives beyond friendship?
    Weaknesses:
    • Leaving human form for more than a few minutes is "deadly" to him, and he loses reasoning power and intelligence momentarily when he morphs his body into different shapes and weapons.
    • Fire and magic can cause longer lasting damage to his cells. While he can't technically be killed by either, they can reduce him to a grey soupy goop which will essentially be the death of him.
    • He can fail to grasp more advanced emotional context, and confusion can affect the speed at which he changes shapes.

Notable Points: He isn't a "race", nor is he "human", though most simply call him a shapeshifter. His master in the Free Holds was the one to find him, and the two are close friends. It should be noted that if he loses human shape for more than a few minutes, he begins to rapidly lose memories as well, until he's reduced to his base form: Which is mimicry of the environment. His base form is initially extremely violent when it takes animal or human form after having lost all memory of who he once was. Mournfully, Fahim has no idea where he comes from, if there are more like himself, or if he even lives.

The Mage's Guild have attempted to investigate his existence. They're clueless as to how his cells function as they defy nature, which implies he must be a construct of some sort. This theory is further solidified with the fact that Fahim has a soul, but it's inactive: He's not a living thing, and the personality that inhabits the body is not a reflection of his soul.

In a previous mission with the Queen's Blades, he helped to orchestrate and execute the assassination of Deimos, a heavily demon corrupt creature. He was sent back with the Queen's Blades, and told by his master to stay with them to aid them, and so Fahim did as told.

Fahim appears especially intrigued and confused by children. Keep one near to entertain him as he attempts to solve the age old question: Why are babies so cute? He suspects it has something to do with their eyes...
  • Name: Zoe Vasilios.
    Faction: Liveria.
    Appearance: (clothing/armour, weapons, notable gear)
    Physical: Few have seen underneath her equipment, though occasional glimpses reveal pale white skin, free of any significant blemishes. Standing approximately 5'9", she seems physically capable of getting the job done. She has long raven black hair, which runs down her back freely from her helmet and mask.

Equipment: Her clothing comes in three layers, which is overkill for most. Not for a vampire attempting to operate during daylight, however.
    --First Layer: High quality, sanguine silk shirt and pants with a lizardskin leather belt cinched around her waist. These offer little in the way of protection beyond against sunlight, but offer plenty of comfort. A pair of white socks, generally afforded only to nobility.
    --Second Layer: A chain shirt which runs down to her waist and elbows which looks like it was sized specifically for her, made out of extremely high quality material that appears to help the user survive impacts. Plate breastplate, layered out of dragon scale that resists fire. Steel-plated pads for her thighs, knees, ankles, elbows, wrists, and forearms. Only her shoulders remain berift of protection beyond the chain shirt, because...
    --Third Layer: ...Of a voluminous black cloak which starts around her shoulders and wraps itself all around her in a billowing fashion. It even has a hood, in case her steel open face helmet fails to protect her from sunlight. Finally, there is an intricate mask on her face. With a plain emotionless look to it, it manages to hide her eyes from view with thin slits that she seems fully capable of seeing through with ease. Perhaps she relies on other senses more than sight?

Overall, despite all of this, the average Rheinfeld Templar has more protection overall. It's mostly used to make it difficult to find a weak point. Also because it "looks good", apparently.

Wears a large mechanical crossbow on her back, and keeps several intricate smoke grenades underneath her cloak to escape or cover the escape of others. Seems fairly competent at stealth, and is likely a top of the line assassin for hire in Liveria. What she's doing volunteering her services pro bono for the Queen's Blades is anyone's guess.

Notable: The mask itself is interesting, for a multitude of reasons.

Strengths:
    • Skilled with the crossbow, having likely practised with it for many hours. Mechanical crossbow has heavy hitting power.
    • Smoke grenades and stealth knowledge make it hard to keep track of her in a fight by enemies, meaning she's largely self-sufficient.
    • Despite appearances, is cooperative and friendly, focusing in group combat on taking out enemies focused on her allies: Meaning she's really good at keeping allies alive if she's not focused on taking out a particular target.
    Weaknesses:
    • Armour piercing weapons and magic are especially deadly to her.
    • Refuses, at any point, for any reason, to identify herself to anyone beyond her name and her place of birth. Will kill anyone other than player characters to keep her identity a secret if others should discover it.
    • Her crossbow, being mechanical, also takes longer to reload: Expect her to take out high priority targets, not entire groups of enemies who could overwhelm her if her escape mechanisms fail.

Notable Points: Suspected vampire, due to the heavy garb to likely protect her from sunlight and its harmful effects. Nothing confirmed, but it'd be irrational otherwise.

Was granted permission by Queen Kouri to avoid personal identification upon revealing herself to the Queen in private. It is likely Queen Alexandria also knows the reason for such discretion.

In Liveria, this woman is known to serve the upper nobility and even the royalty from time to time. It's rumoured that she's friends with the Princess of the kingdom, though it would be almost sacrilegious for a vampire and a member of the royalty to be anything more than business associates.
  • Name: Eric Vadlegarf.
    Faction: Rheinfeld. (Republican.)
    Appearance:
    Physical: This tall 6'2" man is rather handsome and charming if a bit oafish and easily impressed. A Rheinfelder through and through, this makes him a Caucasian by birth. He's reasonable in shape, though a traditionally poor diet from living in poverty has kept him from peak physical strength. Green eyes and short, messy blonde hair mark this man's poster child military pedigree that his father and grandfather both share.

Equipment: A chain vest rests over-top of a white cloth shirt, which in turn is tucked into thick brown leather pants. He wears a grey sash tightly around his waist, sewn by his wife. Like Nyla, he wears shin, knee, elbow, and wrist pads, with the wrist and shin pads having metal plates to offer a little more protection than just leather. In combat he typically wears an open-face metal helmet. When asked why he doesn't wear more protection, he usually replies with "try marching for eight hours to hit a target in a raid and then run for another eight hours back home. Now try doing that in plate mail without looking like gargantuan the juggernaut!"

He has a large crossbow which he used to harm an angel once. His bolts are now supplied by Rheinfeld's best, giving them extra armour piercing qualities and momentarily silencing mages upon hitting them. He also has an arming sword at his waist, though when caught in melee this will only delay his inevitable loss.

Notable: Has a "lucky stick" he carries with him, about three to four inches in length, which he keeps in a sash around his waist. He insists he got it from a talking tree that called itself Toorg, insisting that it is not a treant, just a talking tree. It should be noted that it is even stronger than plate mail, and several attempts by drunken compatriots to break it have failed.

His crossbow has his wife's name, Merelyn, etched into the base of it. Beneath it are two other names: His son, and a scratched out name.

His crossbow bolts have the ability to temporarily limit or stop a mage's capacity for spellcasting. That's not something normally given to a peasant.

In his sash is a wooden flute, though he doesn't appear to have any musical proficiency himself. It looks like a new possession.

Strengths:
    • His crossbow has a great deal of damage and armour piercing potential.
    • Alarmingly effective against mages with his ranged capacity to disrupt their spells.
    • His cheerful demeanour and charismatic appearance tend to win commoners over by his mere presence. That is, in debates with commoners, he'll help you greatly in convincing them of your perspective.
    Weaknesses:
    • His age is catching up on him and he will fatigue in long fights.
    • His own resistance against magic is pretty paltry and in melee he can only delay the inevitable.
    • His rather simple and straightforward nature makes him a natural born sheep. Don't expect him to solve problems for you, or really at all.

Notable Points: In a previous mission with the Queen's Blades, he aided in taking down an angel who had sided with the Papacy and in capturing a Templar Order defector to the Papacy. Having been enchanted with the Queen's Blades after meeting Draza, he informed his fellow Republicans that he would be leaving to represent them in the Queen's court.

He has a wife and son back home who he loves dearly. Some consider it bad luck to mention such things in the face of certain death, but he's willing to flout the odds, and believes that faith manages regardless.
  • Name: Otto Kästner.
    Faction: Rheinfeld. (Templar Order.)
    Appearance:
    Physical: Standing at 6'4", he's got a large, muscular build, giving off a rather imposing look as he stands head and shoulders over most of his compatriots. When not wearing his helmet, a pair of often weary blue eyes greets you, and short blond hair. Being a Rheinfelder his white, almost pale skin, makes it plain that he comes from what is likely several generations of nobility.

Equipment: When not in combat, he wears a plain, white cloth shirt tucked into dusty brown pants. When in combat, or when ready for it, he wears a long chain-mail vestment that runs from his shoulders down to his thighs. Over-top of this he wears a complete set of high quality plate mail that seems to outright shine from cleanliness.

On his back he carries a large, two handed blade. His family's crest—a metal-gloved, open-palm hand—is cast into the handle. At his waist is a smaller arming sword, and a throwing axe.

Notable: The scar across his scalp is likely a war injury with a story behind it, and isn't the only one. There is also a scar down his left eye, a couple small scars on his chin, and a half a dozen other minor scars scattered across the rest of his body.

He occasionally coughs up blood, and has other such health complications. It's hereditary.

Carries a well worn book bag with him, and is rather protective of it.

Strengths:
    • He's a big, ugly, mutilated tankzerker, that tears through men with his two handed blade like a knife through butter. He strikes with enough force to damage armour, chitin, and even dragon scales should the opportunity arise. If he lands a blow, whatever he hit is in for a world of hurt.
    • Being a member of the Templar Order, he has a great deal of resistance against magic, if not outright immunity to most spells.
    • He's well read and educated, capable of reading and speaking multiple languages. This has countless applications outside of combat.
    Weaknesses:
    • He's big, ugly, and intimidating. Don't expect him to win over hearts and favours from anyone. In fact, it's probably just better if he keeps his mouth shut and doesn't bring any attention to himself in social situations.
    • His coughing fits can strike him in the middle of a fight and make it impossible for him to charge or focus on a target. While not outright defenceless, he does struggle.
    • Armour piercing weapons can easily pierce his iron shell and leave him with another scar. He's also not a small or particularly dexterous target.

Notable Points: Otto comes from several generations of a rather closed family. He was sent to work with the Templar Order to earn his place in the family's wealth and was disconnected from them when the civil war started. He hasn't heard from them in eight years.

Otto has a reputation for survival that has started to surpass his own borders. His skull was caved in and he survived, his face was cut open and it didn't phase him as he cut down three men with a single swing. By all rights, he should be dead, yet it seems lady luck has intervened for him time and time again.

An avid reader, he can often be found with his nose between the hard covers of a religious script or otherwise, and often enjoys discussions of philosophy.

He volunteered himself for service to the Queen's Blades. His reasons for doing so, are, however, his own.
  • Name: Mikan.
    Faction: Renalta.
    Appearance:
    Physical: Standing at 6'2", this tall woman sports an unusually lithe build for someone with her acrobatic talent. Having Mechanist heritage in her veins, her natural hair colour is green, though dyed black typically for her job as a spymaster as she attempts to avoid being seen. It's often tied back in a ponytail, which runs loosely to her upper back. A pair of flirty green eyes show her nature clearly to those who wish to see no further. All of this in combination with tanned skin, makes her rather hard to resist for foreign dignitaries, who are more than happy to share a few slips of the tongue over pillow talk.

Equipment: Most instances of her appearance being in scandalous shorts that are cut just above her knees and a simple cotton shirt that shows off her curves, which she proudly displays. Wearing a pair of short leather boots for travel, she often wears a robe for travel to prevent others from staring when she doesn't want attention. That being said, her surprise weapon is usually the black powder pistol at her waist on her back side, with her daggers and their sheathes happily resting from her waist down her thighs.

Notable: The pistol on her waist is a weapon she has and keeps treasured and safe, despite being willing to throw away daggers on a whim if she thinks it achieves a greater objective. The pistol has seen a lot of use, and likely only still works because of her Mechanist heritage.

On her travels she often brings a small brown bag containing a "Kouri Plushie", which is a plushie of Queen Kouri. Often used to comfort small children as a stuffed animal, she often holds it close when she's in deep psychological torment, or when she wants to tease someone she genuinely likes.

In the same bag is a small cowboy hat, meant to be worn by a young child. It's a recent addition to her repertoire of items, and it seems like it was a well loved item by its owner.

Strengths:
    • A flirtatious fiend, Mikan has been finding her way into people's softer and more vulnerable sides since the day she was born, either through being cute, or appetizing. Expect her to have a lot of tricks for swaying the minds of other people. It also helps that she's naturally friendly and easy-going.
    • Trained by some of the best assassins in the world for a short time, she's quite capable of stealthy approaches and deadly flanking attacks. In combat, expect her to fight dirty, and do it well. She's also fairly admirable in one on one fights, and can at least hold her own until help arrives.
    • Her Mechanist heritage works to her advantage where it concerns any technology: Guns? Mystery devices? Artifacts? Frustrating automatic doors? She touches it, it works. It also doesn't hurt that she was a thief most of her life.
    Weaknesses:
    • Being the flirty, cute, attractive type of gal makes Mikan a target of the more obsessive and unstable. While she has a great deal of power over the hearts and minds of those attracted to her, she's also prone to occasionally getting people who can't, and won't, allow her to leave without having what they want from her first. Basically: She's good at making people want her and doing the things she wants, sometimes said people never want it to end even if she does. Which is a problem for her, and by extension, you.
    • If she's caught alone against multiple opponents, she will suffer. Quickly. If she's in group combat with allies, unless massively outnumbered, this weakness is alleviated.
    • Spirits, ghosts, and other such incorporeal entities will have an unnatural distrust of Mikan by instinct. Mad spirits or otherwise will pursue her to the ends of the planet to try and kill her once they find her. This is due to her Mechanist heritage, though nobody is certain why spirits react generally poorly to Mechanists.

Notable Points: Mikan survived the journey with Queen Kouri (then Princess Kouri) to banishing the Gods ten years ago. She then stayed in the Free Holds for a short time before moving to Rheinfeld, then eventually returning to Renalta. She and Kouri are close confidants and friends.

Mikan's only child was slain recently by James the Illusionist. Given the opportunity, she will gut him and stick his head on a pike, and will continually volunteer for such assignments until James, or she, is dead.

She has a pair of succubi lovers, though nobody usually sees them. They were the ones who trained her in the ways of assassination, and it should be noted that she tends to look upon them fondly and is willing to introduce others to them, sometimes.

While she is the Spymaster of Renalta in an official capacity, the loss of her child has caused her to temporarily renounce the position due to emotional stresses. That job is now being handled by her succubi lovers, who refrain from being in the public eye.
  • Name: Veira Talvott
    Faction: Renalta (Mage's Guild)
    Sex: Female
    Appearance:
    Physical: Veira stands just shy of 5'3" and has a very delicate, plump figure and her olive skin is more ashen, showing her comfortable life accustomed to life in the stacks. Her fingertips are stained a deep blue from years of scribing with ink. Her once raven hair is streaked through with silver in several places and her eyes are a warm and inviting chocolate. At the corner of her eyes and lips are the wrinkles of a person used to smiling and a sunny disposition.

Equipment: Veira wears comfortable robes that drape over her body and are cinched at her waist, in rich, vibrant shades of blue. She carries with her a tome of magic, inscribed with spells of magic she has learned throughout her years, the spine broken with wear as it has been well read. She wears upon her hand a wedding band. Unlike many mages who might prefer a staff, she channels her magic through a pair of wands.

Notable: Duel wielding wands. What about this is normal? Nothing at all.

Her well worn spell tome hints of many practiced days gone by, having likely passed through the hands of multiple owners throughout centuries of use.

Strengths:
    • Arcane Knowledge makes it easy for her to identify many types of magics and ancient secrets.
    • Magical Destruction (Lightning) Magical Control (Air Magic).
    • Her uplifting nature is borderline contagious and she is impossible to intimidate: Apparently "being a mother" is the reason.
    Weaknesses:
    • Physically weak and anti-magic can render her useless in fights.
    • Tendency to exhaust magical reservoir fast.
    • Her nature can also make her rather obstinate in retreat or changing sides in a discussion.

Notable Points: Veira is a member of Renalta's Mage's Guild that is in charge of collecting and upkeeping its arcane library. She is married to her long-time husband, Serath Talvott, and they have 3 children, all full-grown by now, one of which Veira is proud to say helped set up the teleportation systems about the world and is part of the Mage's Guild as well. Veira cherishes knowledge as one of the most treasured of things and finds the destruction of books to be sacrilege, but be on her good side and she is warm and quite motherly.

Created by @Tempest with minor additions & edits by myself.
  • Name: Gabriel.
    Faction: Liveria (Angels).
    Appearance:
    Physical: Standing at 6'2", with a rather attractive looking set of muscles on a lean build. His piercing gold eyes and short blonde hair are an immediately welcoming sight compared to most warriors. Though angels come in all sorts of ethnicities, Gabriel is white. On his back are a pair of white, feathered wings, exactly as depicted in angelic mythos.

Equipment: He wears a white, high quality, silk shirt and pants. Around his waist is an orange sash which he keeps a little on the tight side. Beyond this, his personal possessions are few.

Notable: In combat, he summons a blade and shield made of extremely high quality metals that shine with a golden light.

Strengths:
    • Being an angel, he can fly. This is obviously a significant advantage, despite being bound to melee weaponry. He also has a rather unnatural amount of strength, though mortals can match it, and even top it.
    • His weapons hold magical properties, and are capable of partially blocking or even reflecting magical spells. He also seems to have an inherent resistance to subtler magic, such as charms and the like. Gabriel also has a limited capacity for healing people, albeit it quickly exhausts him, and is obviously a talent that is out of practice.
    • Being extremely attractive, it's hard for people not to be swayed into doing what he asks. He also provides a calming aura, keeping nearby allies steady in a fight. This benefit does extend to PCs.
    Weaknesses:
    • While he does an admirable job of standing up against ranged and armour piercing weaponry, his wings are incredible vulnerable while in use to such attacks.
    • While he has a naturally calming aura, the reign of the Gods was a harsh and unforgiving one. Despite having stood against them personally until their banishment, there are a few who hold a deep seeded, burning hatred for him and his entire race.
    • He is a being of order and cannot stray from this path. One cannot ask him to commit unlawful acts, even if the laws in question are immoral, save where one could convince him that the unlawful act is in the name of the greater good.

Notable Points: In a previous mission with the Queen's Blades, he found his people and witnessed the bravery of mortals in the face of certain death. Touched, he willingly left his people once again to accompany the Queen's Blades, and accompany them wherever they might go.

He stood against the Gods one thousand years ago, and was trapped within the lake of Arian Village as punishment. It took the direct influence of royalty to free him shortly after James' terrorist attack on Arian Village. Furthermore, the life of Child is bound to his—should Gabriel die, Child will also die.

Gabriel seems more than happy to talk about the ways of angels, and seems eager to learn more about mortal cultures of the modern day. At the same time, he seems uncomfortable talking about the banished gods.

Due to his time banished within Arian lake, he has lost a great deal of his powers. Though still respected by his peers, it will take him a while to regain that which he has lost in strength.
  • Name: Quar Velethari.
    Faction: Imperium.
    Appearance:
    Physical: A young, almost teenage looking elf who stands at 5'5" with a pair of inquisitive green eyes. His long, black hair is kept tied back in a pony tail, and his tanned skin implies a great deal of work under the sun. There are some implications that his bloodline may not be purely elven, as his pointy ears aren't quite as long as they should be, and his narrow body still doesn't quite fit the naturally agile form that elves are described as having.

Equipment: A set of padded, dark green robes, and a long staff which he uses to hone his more complex spells in place of a spell tome. He also keeps a gladius at his waist, though the way he holds it implies he has little experience in using it.

Notable: He wears a pair of shoulderpads that have the emblem of the Imperium, though these serve no real protective purposes. He keeps his staff close, even when it's unnecessary to do so.

His staff is warped and bent, more like it was grown out of a tree than made by the Mage's Guild. He has declined allowing the Guild to study it, stating that he needs it for "sentimental reasons."

Strengths:
    • Quar wields magic, two kinds in fact: Nature magic, which he uses to control a battlefield by entangling enemies and creating physical barriers, and straight healing magic, which he uses to mend wounds. He can combine the two efficiently to create beneficial effects, such as curative herbs, and armour made of nature.
    • As he does not rely on a magic tome or other such item. So long as he has his staff, he is capable of using magic rapidly and through sheer force of will: His spells can be quite unpredictable, rather than being a fixed set of abilities.
    • Being an elf, impure though his bloodline may be, he is naturally capable of bolting rapidly from place to place over short distances if need-be to escape trouble or get into range to help an ally.
    Weaknesses:
    • Quar does not stand up to any kind of harm, whatsoever. He is by every definition a glass cannon.
    • Aside from magic, he has little in the way to offer in terms of practical combat ability. He's likely dead before he'll even be able to pull out his gladius to fight back.
    • His concentration can be broken for more intricate spells if he is attacked or loses his staff, causing the spell to fail or even backfire instead of having its intended effect.

Notable Points: Quar was sent by the Imperium to represent their greater interests, and is considered a "proper ambassador for his people within the greater empire". In every sense of the word, he is a patriot, and seems to adore his country despite being a minority within it.

His staff is certainly not of Imperial design, and has many intricately woven lines in it that imply a great deal of love and care was put into its construction. When asked about it, he doesn't seem to say much about it, other than that he was given the staff by his people when he chose to leave them in search of some place to belong. It pulses with untapped power...

Requisitions List: Here, you can acquire additional resources being offered by various factions you've assisted. For now, only items are available. Unless otherwise stated, you're only allowed to bring one item, and in the event that it's a consumable, you have enough for one use!
  • Imperial Missive: A scroll bearing the seal of the Eternal Empress. It's a magical item that, when used, causes a small force (3-5) of Imperial scouts to arrive to your location to assist you shortly thereafter. How they managed such a marvellous form of global transportation without the aid of the Mage's Guild speaks volumes about their ingenuity. If used before combat, they're fully capable of setting up ambushes and scouting for you instead. You can only use this once per mission. (Imperium.)
  • Magic-Breaker: A small, harmless looking gemstone that, when placed into an amulet or similar piece of jewelry, can absorb the negative effects of a spell. It can be overpowered in which event the gemstone shatters (though it does block the entirety of the spell's effects!), and it can only block one spell. The more powerful the spell, the longer it takes the item to recover. It should also be noted that these items occasionally have a slight glimmer in the presence of powerful illusory magics. These are normally handed to priests so as not to interfere with their holy magics, but the Templar Order is willing to part with a few for the Queen's Blades. (Rheinfeld.)
  • Angel's Blood: When treated properly via secret magical processes, the blood of an angel can mend any wounds, and cure nearly any disease. It does not bring back the dead however. Naturally, with the lacklustre angel population in the world, these aren't common, and are distributed on a very cautious basis. Last thing anyone wants is people poaching angels out of the skies now, right? (Liveria.)
  • Seal of the Trader: A hard to acquire, nearly impossible to replicate seal that represents one's devotion to the Free Holder code of commerce. It is a magical item that merchants and the underbelly of society both recognize, and using it can generally cause either of these factions to immediately ally with your cause. The more seals a party has, the greater the amount of resources the underground and merchants will devote to your cause. (Free Holds.) (Note: Keep in mind, while not trained soldiers, they're a useful espionage network. Unlike the Imperial Missive, you can repeatedly use this so long as there are merchants or the underbelly of society nearby, from poachers of the wilds to gang members.)
  • Treated Blood Vial: Amazons are known for their bizarre spiritual practices. This vial of blood is treated specifically to allow non-Amazons to use it properly, being a diluted form of what the Amazons themselves drink. Drinking this gives a character a spirit animal of their choice, who will help them with one task (a battle, an investigation, et cetera) before fading back to the ethereal realm from whence it came. The spirit animal is ordinarily intelligent enough to speak telepathically, and is usually one of the character's ancestors or dead friends given animal form. (Amazons.)

Keep in mind, the Requisitions List will expand to include other articles as time goes on, and missions grow in size and scale. (ex: Political favours.) For the time being, just add an Items field to your character sheet and add your item of choice. If you fail to read this and don't have an item at the start of a mission as a result, I'll remind you in the opening post to grab one.

Politics

Seeing as how most people missed this being a thing last time, I'm illustrating some points of interest for you here. Characters have their own motivations outside of the Queen's Blades, and can have their decisions altered by talking to them. Examples include Aslo convincing Florence to send reinforcements to the Amazons, and Andrea causing the Valsharess to fold her initial request for assistance from the Underdark. Said characters may even promise favours or give you stuff for helping them resolve their issues. Keep in mind however, that many characters have conflicts with one another over land disputes, resources, ideologies, and so on: Helping one character might cause another to grow disdainful towards you, and possible the rest of the Queen's Blades. You can also obviously fuck up in conversations and piss off the person you're talking to if you treat them poorly.​

Keep in mind as well, that there are still other, untold, unspoken things you can figure out for yourself by reading into conversations and reactions. These aren't the only things you can talk about, just a list of some of the more obvious bits.
  • The Civil War: While the Templar Order and Rheinfeld Republic have joined forces to take down the Papacy, the details about what will happen after the Papacy falls are still up in the air. This might cause problems down the road, and it might be helpful to know what each side is planning to avoid this.
  • Darkness Watches: Sarah Darkhammer has been both at the ball and now at this meeting. Her intentions remain unclear, and her husband is a known egocentric power maniac. Why would an ancient assassin bother watching political banter unless she had a purpose for it?
  • The Archangel: Myria is the older sister to Queen Kouri, and gave up her immortality and much of her power to bring Kouri back from recent death at the end of Kouri's quest to banish the Gods ten years ago... Only to leave and seclude the angels from conflicts with demons. There's more going on than what is on the surface.
  • Dream of Empire: The deal the Amazons made with the Imperium is obviously rushed. There's something more concerning going on, and Florence, the ever persistent bureaucrat, is likely at the heart of it.
  • Conflict is Profitable, Too: Rashad is all too peaceable for a known slaver of the Free Holds. It may just be consolidating power, or it may be something else...
  • Web of Lies: The Valsharess gave up a magical artifact that would have given her complete control over spiders to ensure that the Liverian mission would succeed. This does not fit the profile of an egocentric seductress unless she saw some kind of benefit out of it.
  • Broken Triumvirate: The first time Tuleria visited, each arm of the government had a representative: King Boann, Magi Councilman Roarke Bezial, and Admiral Marcela Adriana Otis. Now, it's just King Boann and his wife...
  • The Deaf: The Choir has little comprehension of what an individual is beyond "those who don't hear The Song." It might help things out to get them to better understand this.
  • Bodies: The Choir uses hijacked corpses to do anything in the physical sense of the word. Despite the special nature of these bodies, or perhaps because of it, they don't have an unlimited supply of bodies laying around to create an army with, and they don't seem inclined to ask about just taking them...
  • Dean is Missing: One of Renalta's heroes and a liaison to the Imperium, Dean Hansen, has gone missing searching for the Carnival of Chaos. Kouri or Hanus are bound to know someone who can find him. Alternatively, Florence or the Eternal Empress may know someone as well.
  • Revenge: Mikan's child was slain by James the Illusionist in a rather gruesome manner, along with many servants. It's very likely the entire nation is seething with rage underneath the surface, and ready to unleash the kind of hatred that would make Wrath blush with envy...
  • Cold Heart: Princess Helénē is now actively searching for someone to proposition her. Queen's Blades, while not nobility, are ideal candidates nonetheless. While one isn't likely to get her to agree to marry them immediately, one could at least get her attention sufficiently to warrant further help than is the norm. Plus, a later marriage into Liverian royalty with a good woman certainly isn't a poor reward...
  • The Orcs: Atop having the local angel refuge, there are orcs all throughout Liveria's northern mountain range. They might be a nifty war asset, considering they are 8-10 feet of pure, green-brown muscle and mayhem. The issue is if someone can convince Xavier and/or Helénē to forgive them for all the people they have killed over the years...
  • Little Daring Tina: When last met, Tina was just one of several warlords of the Free Holds. Now it seems she's advanced to become Rashad's second in command, and the way she wields her dagger while looking at Rashad screams of "promotion"...
  • Dwarves are not Thieves!: Duncan has yet to comment about his people having been accused of theft by the Drow. Dwarves are normally an extremely vocal people, defending their honour and lewdness above all else...
  • Sloth's Child: Still in Renalta's Dungeon, still can be talked to. Still likely has incredible information about the Nine Hells and Sloth himself. Just throwing this one out there.

Last edited:
Four points to spend on general traits. These points may be spent upgrading existing traits, or acquiring new ones. You may repeatedly upgrade the same trait multiple times. Trait descriptions will be given to you for upgraded traits, as the first one to upgrade a trait, discovers the benefits of that upgrade.

Three points to spend on unique traits. These points may be spent upgrading existing traits, or acquiring new ones. You may repeatedly upgrade the same trait multiple times.

Noice. Tomorrow will be about getting caught up on some IC posts and finishing off my CS.

Murderok Trait Buys;

General:
Endurance 2 and 3
Heavy Hitter 3
Defender 1

Custom:
Upgrade Manbreaker: Explosive Bolts; With some aid Murderok has learned to make some powerful explosive bolts for the Manbreaker. Powerful, but their range is more limited by their weight it has the power of an explosive cannonball. But is resource intensive, Murderok can only afford to manufacture one between missions.
Upgrade Minotaur: Monstrous Strength; Heavy Hitter? Certainly, but being a Minotaur certainly adds to the oomph of it. Now that Murd has grown stronger and more capable he's begun the natural outpacing of more humanoid types in the strength department.
Upgrade Manbreaker: Reinforced Arms; The Manbreaker can hurl bolts further and harder than ever before, as a side-effect of the arms of the great crossbow being reinforced so that Murd could use it without breaking the arms.

Daevon van de Scathis Venderland Trait Buys;

General:
Wizened Rank 3
Raw Talent 2
Wells of Power Rank 2
Fortitude 2

Custom:
Telekinetic Prodigy (Upgrade 2): His telekinetic ability continues to grow at an astonishing rate.
Telekinetic Flurry (Upgrade): His mastery of control over multiple blades at once is getting almost frighteningly skillful.
Telekinetic Sense: Using a very very light 'wave' of telekinetic energy he can feel anything in his surroundings.

Laenaia trait buy:
General traits:
-Raw Talent 2
-Raw Talent 3
-Apprentice 3
-Rapid Mental Recovery

Unique Traits:
-Faceless One (2): Taking notes from Fahim, Laenaia learned how to take her gift further. She can now alter herself much faster and seamlessly mimic another's outer appearance. On top of that, she also learned how weaponize it by making bone growth over her hands and arm. Anything beyond 'unsheating' claws from her finger nails is a slow painful and tiring process however.
-Mind Dive/sync: Laenaia flare out with her Mind into another's and (attach/tag/words/blah) herself to it allowing her to fully read what her target was doing, thinking and attached surface memories. During this, Laenaia's body is left in a trance. The process is fairly intrusive and prolonged use will leave both Laenaia and her target with an intense headache depending on how long she Dived and prevent her from doing it again for several hours to days. Too much usage (or hitting the wrong person) might lead to Laenaia losing who she was and needing someone else to break her out of her trance.
-Thought Shed: After some attempts, Laenaia figured how to intercept a thought of those she was synced with and insert her own thoughts to be done by the other. Still, it was still a crude effort and too much effort in trying to drive a thought would give her attempt out. (Can implant a thought/order and make the person Laenaia syncing with do it. The more specific and drastic the thought/order, the more noticeable that someone was influencing their decision.)

Last edited:
Rayvon:
Charger
Endurance Training
Heavy Hitter
Defender 3

The Smiting Fist (Rank II) – Rayvon has learned to channel her raw magic into a devastating attack that punishes one she has deemed wicked. She can only affect those she has deemed worthy of punishment and seems to do additional harm to demons and the demonic influenced.

Emissary of Justice (Rank I) – It is as if Rayvon's hand is guided by Fate and Destiny themselves when she has championed herself to a cause. Rayvon may select one target at a time, enemy or ally and receives a bonus to overcome or defend in turn.

Seraphic Countenance (Rank III) – Rayvon is a bastion of purity and reassuring strength. Those around her are more likely to believe her to have good intentions and rally to the cause against evil and demons. Noticeably, there almost seems to be a shimmer of light at her back when one focuses, as if there were wings.

Maeven:
Stealthy 1
Stealthy 2
Free Runner
Acrobatics 3

Innovations in Firepower (Rank II): In the aftermath of the Amazonian events, Maeven has engineered herself a wrist-mounted bow with a series of specialized munitions. Bonus to hiding the weapon when not being actively searched, access to the following munitions variants:

Sleeping Toxin Bolts - A potent toxin that is capable of putting many to sleep, save for the strongwilled and resistant.
Drake Envenomed Bolts - A venom discovered that sears the contacted flesh and causes an entropy of strength as time wears on.
Sparkflash Bolts - A blinding distraction more than anything. As it strikes a surface, the chemical containers smash and mix together, forming a cacophonous flash of light

A Charming Masquerade (Rank I): Maeven has a darker secret and she has long since learned to hide herself in plain sight, being outgoing and pleasing the crowd. Bonuses against her motives being sensed and for charming others.

A Keen Eye and a Creative Mind (Rank I): She has a keen intuition for finding bits and pieces that she can utilize in ingenious ways to improve her creations, create new ones and the like. A random chance to find or craft new items beneficial to the party or can be used as parts.

Arkos:
Awakened Meditation
Wells of Power
Wizened (School: Druidic Magic)
Smash n' Grab

Nature's Guise (Rank II) – The things he wears are not just to look good. The mask he wears presents a haunting visage, unnerving and intimidating those about him, the pelt of the wolf he bears might assist him in going unnoticed in the wilderness, being mistaken as a creature of the wilderness or unsettling enemies as they take in the form of some wolf-man monstrosity. Bonuses to stealth in the wilds and intimidation.

Oreadian Resilience (Rank II)– Arkos' skin is unnaturally tough and he can endure more than the average mortal before falling. Bonuses to damage resistance and taking more damage

Son of the Wild (Rank I) – All he knows in life is nature and he has come to know it intimately, coming to register signs from the world around him and picking up on oddities in the flora and fauna.

Last edited:
Elrithos General Trait Upgrade:

+ Acrobatic (Rank 1)
++ Free Runner (Rank 2)

++ Dodge! (Rank 2)

++ Endurance Training (Rank 2)

Elrithos Unique Trait Upgrade:

Advanced Aavikanian Warfare (Rank 3)

+ Added Spears to weapons he as mastered in combat
+++ Increased chances of spotting a weakness on a humanoid being

+++ Greatly Increased Dodging and Deflection of attacks versus humanoid beings of any size in combat (Two arms, two legs, a head and vital organs)

Stand Your Ground (Rank 2)

++ Greater chance of avoiding being brought to the ground and higher chance of immediately getting back up to his feet IF he is taken down.

Eyes of the Veteran (Rank 1)

+ Increased chance of determining is a humanoid is lying, telling the truth, hiding something, scared or worried of something, etc.
+ Increased chances to deduce how an opponent fights and what would be the best way to act against it.

General
  1. Raw Talent L2
  2. Raw Talent L3
  3. Wizened L3
  4. Rapid Mental Recovery L2

Unique
  1. Pocket Dimension Upgrade: Extra Planar Amulet. Naraem's amulet has been integrated into Esyllt's pocket dimension. This gives her access the laboratory once owned by Naraem's uncle Harrad and it's resources; including many different types of undead creatures and a wealth of knowledge on the subject of necromancy. However, like Naraem before her, Esyllt cannot enter the laboratory while engaged in combat, or otherwise stressful activities.
  2. Non-magic Telepathy Upgrade: Host-mind. Esyllt may now set up a network between the participants of a mission, allowing a team to communicate telepathically. Esyllt can manage permissions within the telepathic chat-room. On the flipside, she needs to be concious to maintain this telepathy and cannot dig or employ the senses of others while upholding it. Also, if Esyllt is under the influence of a spell that targets the mind, the effect can jump to others that are making use of her telepathy.
  3. I don't know what to do with this one yet. Suggestions are welcome.

@Brovo Since I believe both the agent of greed and the girl from our training mission seem to have some connection to Gluttony, Esyllt is going to try and head another... questioning. We'll prolly have to collab for this. @Tempest, if you'd like Maeven involved in that, let me know.

Also, any player up for a collab? I need to insert Esyllt into the events, but I'd like to do something else in the process. The two PC's she tried to get along with earlier died.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.