Left 4 Dead - The Last Escape

Status
Not open for further replies.
Laura stepped away, forgoing further introductions and instead, strolling off closer to Shredder, the smirk still present on her face but not quite reaching her eyes. She supposed this is what she deserved. To watch someone else hug her dad while she just watched, unsure of what to say or if even to say anything at all.

But no matter. "You're quiet, even for me. And that's saying something." She noted, glancing at Shredder.
Silence was her reply, the only indication that he heard her, being the shift of the helmet to look at Laura, the reflection of the visor showing her features as the man behind the mask took his time looking her over. Then just as slowly, he looked away back to the oncoming horde.

"......"

One clawed-gauntlet'd hand came down, Shredder pointing briefly to her, then back to the gas station before slowly, angling up for the roof of it, before miming a gun with his finger as he 'shot' in the direction of the horde.

As theatrical as it might be for all of them to stand here and fight, if they were overcome it'd be dangerous. No harm in asking some of the more less-expendable ones to take safer positions, yet assist them.

And in the mind of the yakuza crimelord, people such as Laura, Ruby and Yang fell in that category.

He then pointed to the direction of Ruby to Laura, tapping his throat and inclining his head to indicate her to inform Ruby. If she got it, good.

If not, he'd shrug mentally. He was still new to all these people, his honor was satisfied in attempting to get them to safety. If they didn't get it, then it wouldn't matter. He wasn't about to shatter their suppositions about his ability to talk or understand them just yet. If he was forced to slit their throats in their sleep, he'd need all the advantage he could get.

.....Not that he was seriously considering it.

......Maybe the otaku.

@Krieg @Josh M @OrlandoBloomers @Schnee Corp Lawyer @-I-n-d-o-l-e-n-t- @C.T. @Verite @Kaykay

Silence was her reply, the only indication that he heard her, being the shift of the helmet to look at Laura, the reflection of the visor showing her features as the man behind the mask took his time looking her over. Then just as slowly, he looked away back to the oncoming horde.

"......"

One clawed-gauntlet'd hand came down, Shredder pointing briefly to her, then back to the gas station before slowly, angling up for the roof of it, before miming a gun with his finger as he 'shot' in the direction of the horde.

As theatrical as it might be for all of them to stand here and fight, if they were overcome it'd be dangerous. No harm in asking some of the more less-expendable ones to take safer positions, yet assist them.

And in the mind of the yakuza crimelord, people such as Laura, Ruby and Yang fell in that category.

He then pointed to the direction of Ruby to Laura, tapping his throat and inclining his head to indicate her to inform Ruby. If she got it, good.

If not, he'd shrug mentally. He was still new to all these people, his honor was satisfied in attempting to get them to safety. If they didn't get it, then it wouldn't matter. He wasn't about to shatter their suppositions about his ability to talk or understand them just yet. If he was forced to slit their throats in their sleep, he'd need all the advantage he could get.

.....Not that he was seriously considering it.

......Maybe the otaku.

@Krieg @Josh M @OrlandoBloomers @Schnee Corp Lawyer @-I-n-d-o-l-e-n-t- @C.T. @Verite @Kaykay
tumblr_ntv5dkTzpG1t4rhclo6_250.png

"..." This guy might actually be mute. A mute, armored motorcyclist with a cape. Life is strange like that. Regardless, that could turn out to be disadvantageous in a skirmish. Barking out orders or recommendations were a lot swifter than complicated hand gestures. "I get the gist." She replied softly, stepping away from the man just as quickly as she arrived. Good idea or not, the man just unnerved her more than a bit in ways she couldn't quite explain.

Approaching Yang's sister as she...well...exchanged action figures with Akagi. "Excuse me but we--" She paused, glancing over her shoulder. "...I have an idea to actually help. If you're not too busy with the toys."

@Saint Guillotine @Schnee Corp Lawyer

"Sis, please. It's too dangerous. If anything were to happen to you, I'd..."

uRvwHuq.png

"I'd have nothing left."

All the more reason to keep her safe, she guessed. Which was gonna be a way bigger mountain to climb if Ruby didn't actually, y'know... listen to her. The blonde-haired older sister sighed, pausing her searching the bag for a few moments to dust off her hands thoughtfully, gaze drifting to the dry orange dirt paving the gas station floor.

"Look, the truth is... I've been having a hard time since this whole mess kicked off. Like, a really hard time. I know, I know, everyone has, and even saying that out loud sounds dumb and self-important, but... I lost my best friend. The people I thought were my friends kicked me out of my hometown. Dad's... well, I'm sure he's safe, but odds are we're still not gonna see him for a while. It's just... it feels like everything I used to know is changing, y'know? Everything except you. You're my baby sister and the only friend I have left. I wanna hold onto that. It's why I won't give up... well, that and I'm stubborn."

She chuckled, returning her attention to the bag. C'mon, there had to be something good in here! There was a shotgun-shaped hole in her heart.

"Don't worry, I don't expect you to do everything I say. I just need you to be careful is all. If you really wanna stay out here and help, that's fine, but know that if you even look like you're in trouble at any stage I'm gonna throw your skinny butt in the trunk of that guy's Impala and leave the lock on, okay? So let's beat up some zombies and not get hurt!"

She pumped her fist emphatically in the air, springing to her feet and spinning around in place with a sunny grin to slap Ruby five.

But no one came.

tdZ0tFe.png

"H... How long have I been talking to myself...?"

Did Ruby even hear a single word of that?​
Ruby loved her sister so so sooo much. How could she not, when Yang had been the most supportive a sibling could be while not being a siamese twin and literally supporting half her body, on top of her pulling double duty for all of the mom stuff she took over once summer was gone? So despite her own admitted willful and flighty streak, If Ruby knew how stressed Yang was about this, she would have jumped into that impala trunk herself without a second thought, so long as she didn't think it'd put Yang in more danger. Heck, Yang could tell her to literally jump off a bridge and she'd trust her sister enough to think it'd work out. So if Ruby had heard any of that, she definitely would have snapped that high five up and scurried into that gas station to bravely hide behind everyone else, but not before giving her sis a clearly much needed hug.

But she didn't hear any of that because there were far more important things happening right now : |​
At least one of the other Rangers knew what they were talking about! What color was she? Judging by her pajamas, she was...Red? That couldn't be right, he was Red! Was she a replacement? No, no, wait! Look closer! She could be...Pink! And she even came with Yellow! Yes, that was two alrea-

Ah. Yellow kind of walked off and ignored him. It seemed the rest of the team was as well. Oh well! This was merely the first battle, the first episode! It was up to him to show off the great power of the Sentai Squad and convince the others to help protect the Earth!

"That's right! This will be awesome! Now, what's your name? Well, in any case, you have to transform first!"

ep206screen02_zps46e2a30c.jpg

He took out the Aoi-tan action figure and passed it to Ruby.

"Thrust it out fiercely, with the courage of a roaring lion, before pulling it to your side, like the treasured katana of a great samurai! Then, with all of the might you can muster inside yourself, yell 'Transform!' You too can become a Ranger! You just have to believe, in your own power, in justice, and most importantly, in yourself!"

Akagi took a few steps back as he waited for Ruby to transform herself into a Ranger. Hopefully the strength of her delusions would let her at least imagine she actually would transform. Then they could be delusional together!

"I believe in you..."

What was a good name for this new team?

"...Kansenger Pink! Now, show me your strength!"
"I'm Ruby R- Oh. uhhh... ok!" She blinked as her answer was cut off by the offering of some random otaku bait figurine that she gingerly took it in her hand and looked over. Blue hair, red scarf, lotsa cleavage, uhhh, mecha... wow its like it was actively trying to check all the boxes of 'generically otaku'. "...sooo what am I doing with thi-"

...?

????

Ok. Ruby was a young, impressionable anime loving dork. She'd been known to make some pretty illogical leaps next from time to time. She carried around a replica of one of her favorite character's katana and with no idea how to use it considered herself 'armed enough for the zombie apocalypse'. But there had to be a line. A point. Where you asked yourself when you wake up in the morning 'What am I able to put up with today?'

Not freaking this.

...right?

Well... would it even be the weirdest thing to happen today? They'd just been kicked out of their homes, into a zombie apocalypse, where they'd already joined a biker gang and joust a zombie with a samurai sword. Was it that far fetched to think that this guy could be a power ranger, and could pass that onto to others?

Yes.

But would it be cool enough if it did happen to be worth at least trying? Yes. Yes it would. She took a deep breath and thrust the figurine out, striking the appropriately dramatic pose before she swung it to her side where her sword was waiting "T..t-transform!"

She tried again "TRANSFOOORM!"

Welp. She just made herself look like a complete dork in front of all these people for no reason whatsoever. She quietly handed the figure back to Akagi and shuffled back towards wherever Yang was to bury her face in her sister's back and just kind of hide from the world there until she was ordered to move

@Kaykay @OrlandoBloomers @Saint Guillotine @C.T. @Krieg @-I-n-d-o-l-e-n-t- @Josh M @Verite

Last edited:
tumblr_ntv5dkTzpG1t4rhclo6_250.png

"..." This guy might actually be mute. A mute, armored motorcyclist with a cape. Life is strange like that. Regardless, that could turn out to be disadvantageous in a skirmish. Barking out orders or recommendations were a lot swifter than complicated hand gestures. "I get the gist." She replied softly, stepping away from the man just as quickly as she arrived. Good idea or not, the man just unnerved her more than a bit in ways she couldn't quite explain.

Approaching Yang's sister as she...well...exchanged action figures with Akagi. "Excuse me but we--" She paused, glancing over her shoulder. "...I have an idea to actually help. If you're not too busy with the toys."

@Saint Guillotine @Schnee Corp Lawyer
Or she would have if that didn't happen, and she immediately about faced with the most serious face in the history of serious faces (that Ruby had made anyways)

"How can I help and please tell me you aren't crazy ;~;"

......Maybe the otaku.
Akagi sneezed.
"I'm Ruby R- Oh. uhhh... ok!" She blinked as her answer was cut off by the offering of some random otaku bait figurine that she gingerly took it in her hand and looked over. Blue hair, red scarf, lotsa cleavage, uhhh, mecha... wow its like it was actively trying to check all the boxes of 'generically otaku'. "...sooo what am I doing with thi-"

...?

????

Ok. Ruby was a young, impressionable anime loving dork. She'd been known to make some pretty illogical leaps next from time to time. She carried around a replica of one of her favorite character's katana and with no idea how to use it considered herself 'armed enough for the zombie apocalypse'. But there had to be a line. A point. Where you asked yourself when you wake up in the morning 'What am I able to put up with today?'

Not freaking this.

...right?

Well... would it even be the weirdest thing to happen today? They'd just been kicked out of their homes, into a zombie apocalypse, where they'd already joined a biker gang and joust a zombie with a samurai sword. Was it that far fetched to think that this guy could be a power ranger, and could pass that onto to others?

Yes.

But would it be cool enough if it did happen to be worth at least trying? Yes. Yes it would. She took a deep breath and thrust the figurine out, striking the appropriately dramatic pose before she swung it to her side where her sword was waiting "T..t-transform!"

Welp. She just made herself look like a complete dork in front of all these people for no reason whatsoever. She quietly handed the figure back to Akagi and shuffled back towards wherever Yang was to bury her face in her sister's back and just kind of hide from the world there until she was ordered to move

@Kaykay @OrlandoBloomers @Saint Guillotine @C.T. @Krieg @-I-n-d-o-l-e-n-t- @Josh M @Verite
Shut down.

Obviously it wouldn't work, but if she was as deluded as he was, he'd play along as well! And...nope, even the little girl carrying a katana around wasn't as delusional as him. His own delusion fell apart as even that kid was obviously embarrassed to be hanging around him. Damn it, how much worse could it get?! Maybe if he ever made it back to Japan he could promise his parents he'd stop being a-

Akagi almost keeled over, clutching at his heart. No. That was close. He'd almost given up on his own identity. One day, people would accept the unpopular guys like him. Unfortunately, today was not that day. But as the motorcyclist approached the two, Akagi couldn't help but hear her call the figure a "toy." This was no toy! ...Well, it was a toy, but it wasn't a toy! It was all he had left to sate his otaku soul! The single most important item to him right now!

"This isn't just a toy! This is Aoi-tan, the greatest 2-D wife of them all! ...But, uh, if you've got an idea to help I don't mind hearing it," he muttered, looking down and scratching his head. Even he was aware he didn't actually have any powers, couldn't transform, and was overall a loser. But the delusions kept him happy, so whatever, right?

For now, though, he just took the rifle off of his shoulder and held it normally, though looked quite a bit more depressed than before.

Eventually, everyone would understand him though, right? ...Probably not.

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @OrlandoBloomers @Saint Guillotine @C.T. @Krieg @-I-n-d-o-l-e-n-t- @Josh M @Verite

Reactions: Krieg
Or she would have if that didn't happen, and she immediately about faced with the most serious face in the history of serious faces (that Ruby had made anyways)

"How can I help and please tell me you aren't crazy ;~;"
tumblr_inline_nwrbi8xxJT1tdgr1p_100.png

She nodded. "I'm not crazy." She answered in confirmation. "Unfortunately, I can't say the same for the situation in general--"

"This isn't just a toy! This is Aoi-tan, the greatest 2-D wife of them all! ...But, uh, if you've got an idea to help I don't mind hearing it," he muttered, looking down and scratching his head. Even he was aware he didn't actually have any powers, couldn't transform, and was overall a loser. But the delusions kept him happy, so whatever, right?

For now, though, he just took the rifle off of his shoulder and held it normally, though looked quite a bit more depressed than before.

Eventually, everyone would understand him though, right? ...Probably not.​
"..............................................................................................................Right." She coughed, moving on. "So the general idea was using the gas station for some of the younger individuals here. You, your sister, myself perhaps. Not to hide, but we can get up to the roof, use it as a vantage point. Infected will have a more difficult time of getting up there. Hopefully. If you're up for it."

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @Kaykay

Eyes closed shut as he exhaled softly, chuckling now. Too late. He braced himself for impact, already visibly wincing before Yang crashed into him in her usual aplomb, with her stronger-than-an-ox bear hug taking hold. It took Logan a fair bit more than the usual to keep himself vertical.

He fondly remembered Yang Xiao-Long as the little girl that came to his dojo with her father, to learn self defense. From the start, he could tell she was a feisty one, tough even for an eleven year old, and from there on he'd taken to calling her 'Fireball'. It was fitting, especially with what he remembered happening to any unlucky sod who'd tried grabbing her hair in the usual manner of take-downs.

Needless to say, those never ended well, and he personally saw to Yang receiving private lessons with slight accommodations in his teaching material. Yang had a real knack for fighting and what better reason than teaching her well enough that she could protect herself? She was one of the many stars of his dojo and there was a certain fondness for the young woman.

"Oof. Still hittin' like a mack truck there, Fireball. You've been practicing, haven't cha?" He managed out, returning the hug in unequal measure, a squeeze tight finalized with the patting of the back before separating. That was if Yang was willing. : | "Was that yer lil' sister I saw earlier?"

Yang snorted, but relented and broke off the embrace after a few moments more of the heartwarming reunion. She wasn't exactly blind to the fact that the situation was a little urgent to be getting all sentimental now, but she was just really happy to see another beacon of familiarity amidst so many unknowns; and hey, it hadn't occurred to her until just now, but she honestly didn't expect anything less. If anyone could make it through this alive, it'd be Logan. He was tough like that.

When the shortstack paid righteous tribute to her strength, Yang's response was just to grin and toss him a wink. "You know it. And yeah, that's Ruby! Isn't she just the coolest?"

She beamed, threw her hands up and gesticulated proudly in her sister's direction, as if showing off the absolute crowning achievement of her lifetime. Which she kinda was.

Not freaking this.

...right?

Yes.

Akagi sneezed.

Shut down.

Obviously it wouldn't work, but if she was as deluded as he was, he'd play along as well! And...nope, even the little girl carrying a katana around wasn't as delusional as him. His own delusion fell apart as even that kid was obviously embarrassed to be hanging around him. Damn it, how much worse could it get?! Maybe if he ever made it back to Japan he could promise his parents he'd stop being a-

Akagi almost keeled over, clutching at his heart. No. That was close. He'd almost given up on his own identity. One day, people would accept the unpopular guys like him. Unfortunately, today was not that day. But as the motorcyclist approached the two, Akagi couldn't help but hear her call the figure a "toy." This was no toy! ...Well, it was a toy, but it wasn't a toy! It was all he had left to sate his otaku soul! The single most important item to him right now!

Eventually, everyone would understand him though, right? ...Probably not.

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @OrlandoBloomers @Saint Guillotine @C.T. @Krieg @-I-n-d-o-l-e-n-t- @Josh M @Verite

w6NBEj5.png

"...So yeah, she's pretty great. Could you excuse me a sec?"

She flashed a disarmingly apologetic smile and shuffled a few feet over in Ruby and Akagi's general direction, watching transfixed at their exchange and waiting for the right time, the ample time, to step in. Timing was everything. Otherwise, it wouldn't mean a thing. She watched carefully until the exact moment Ruby realized how ridiculous this was and got embarrassed-- she knew her sister well enough to pinpoint it-- and when that moment came, Yang struck.

"NEEEEEEERDS!"

She cupped her hands around her mouth and expressed her opinion in a single, cathartic cry. It had to be said.

And then she went back to preparing herself. As tension-relieving as all this was, those infected were still inching their way ever closer; while their arrival might not exactly have been imminent, it was definitely coming.

But this was better than panicking. They just needed to be ready.
"..............................................................................................................Right." She coughed, moving on. "So the general idea was using the gas station for some of the younger individuals here. You, your sister, myself perhaps. Not to hide, but we can get up to the roof, use it as a vantage point. Infected will have a more difficult time of getting up there. Hopefully. If you're up for it."

"Oh. That sounds good."

Yang chipped in, folding her arms from nearby where she definitely wasn't eavesdropping. It didn't count as eavesdropping if she was mentioned, right? She was pretty sure it didn't.

"You should make like the lady said, Ruby. Bring your, uhhh, fellow Ranger--" Good-natured as it was, she couldn't keep the ensuing snorts and chuckles from breaking up her speech a little, bringing a hand to her mouth to try stifle them and passing it off as a sudden coughing fit. "--Phew. Sorry, sure is dusty out here. Anyway, bring your friend with the rifle up too; I'm gonna stick down here with biker guy and Logan. Might as well do what I'm best at, right?"

She trailed off, dancing around the messier details. She wasn't really sure how to phrase something like that to her little sister. Yang rubbed the back of her head and glanced over at the station pumps idly, placing a hand on her hips as she pursed her lips in thought. "Do those cars work?"

She cocked her head, referring to the parked vehicles of Tina and Frank. "That's another option. Anyone who knows how to drive could do some serious damage in those things so long as they're not scared of a few bugs in the windshield, if you catch my drift. Mad Max style." With the added benefit of built-in cover for whoever was in the drivers' seat, along with anyone riding shotgun. Heck, a good enough driver could probably skirt around the edges of the skirmish doing damage without even getting caught.

"...Wait! I almost forgot!"

She said suddenly, eyes tinted an odd purplish hue brightening in sudden realization as a thought struck her. She raised a finger and cleared her throat, as though about to suggest some thoughtful and elaborate plan of action.

But then she just wrapped Ruby up in a hug instead.

63wGPw6.jpg

"Love you."

@Krieg @Josh M @Verite @Josh M @-I-n-d-o-l-e-n-t- @C.T. @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Saint Guillotine

In the dark and damp corners of the gas station, past the actual store and into the abandoned back rooms, the strange, mechanical sound grew in intensity.The same jumbled distant words correspondingly grew in volume,, masked by what was now recognizable as static. Outside of the maddening erratic hiss of the unknown device, not a sound echoed in the backrooms of the store, only the echoes of motorcycles and slight banter striking at the unnerving ambiance. For Armor King and Frank, they would find what appeared to be dried blood splattered against a dimly lit wall. Around them, rows upon rows of storage looked vandalized and rummaged through, presumably by the Swede. Interestingly, however, a small, handheld device rested- a radio to be exact.

latest

Still emitting horrible hisses and growls of static, the transmission not on the right frequency, the active, almost primitive device began to blare.

"Op...r....KRRR.....t...n...KKRR.....r...li...KKRRZZZZ!!!"

Perhaps you could dial it back into the right frequency, assuming, of course, the eardrums in your skull don't burst first.

@Jeremi @TheSpringwoodSlasher

---

tumblr_n7rejkK8RR1tf4wooo1_400.gif

Well

That was unexpected

The "good" doctor knew that his malice words would invoke anger and spite, but not to the degree that the fiery blonde teenager resonated with such zealous aggression. Keeping his relatively cool composure, the Swede would eventually gulp lightly as this "Yang" back off, fiercely protective of that raven-haired child whom presumably is her little sister.Biting his lower lip, the black-clad physician tipped his hat, adjusting his thick duster overcoat.

"Ahh, anger, a powerful tool." he announced, folding his hands behind his back, his brief false of fear shifting into confidence. So much confidence, in fact, that he even went as far as to give a shit-eating smile. "Mmm, yes, powerful tools to the untrained to these...predicaments, but, mmm, this world does not need the untrained anymore, yes? Be wary of your words, fire girl..." the foreigner pointed out with a raised eyebrow, his features on the verge of beginning to wrinkle stretching and contracting with the movement of his pale lips. With a pang of distaste, the elderly man shifted to the strange, mentally-afflicted boy with an unhealthy obsession to Japanese dolls.

Now, granted, Thor Gundersen never claimed to be a psychologist in the slightest. As much as he found interested in one of his colleague's work, a Mr. Corvus D. Clemmons, he never trained himself fully in that field. Still, the Swede sighed, hearing the boy's attempt to summon something along the lines of a final attack. Truth be told, the physician's only definition of a final attack would be shooting the horde of impending Infected on the horizon.

"Ahh, uhh, yes,....go Sentai...uhmm...Grey Kessigner Ranger...activated?" the middle-aged man remarked with an unhappy sigh, evening going as far as to strike a post with two fingers out and his hand at his hip. Wincing, the doctor began to grow discomforted in these formalities, his patience beginning to run thin.

"Ahem...Mr...ahh, sorry, I am terrible with names, was it Sentai?" the Swede asked, shaking his head, walking around the boy and looking at the raven-haired child briefly before her abrupt departure. "Perhaps we should, uhem, save our...ahh, powers, is it? We know naught of what threats lay ahead, surely the...ahh, power of teamwork will prevail in the end, yes?" the doctor suggested with a light grin, trying to speak some sense in the delusional mind of a sociopath.

"Come, our friends are waiting, we must take this....ahh, scourge as one." the enigma remarked, approaching the newfound biker gang, along with the more familiar faces of Tina and Wei. Holding his arms out, the hat-wearing freak began to gently speak out in his eerie tone.

"Apologies apologies, of course, of course, I am glad you have helped yourselves to some...ahh, instruments." the Swede pointed out, noting the last two pistols having being taken by a strange poncho-wearing crimelord and, unfortunately, Miss Yang herself. "Miss Laura is right," Thor started, faking a coy smile. "Pardon me, I learn names quick, dear, patients are my specialty of course...anywho, we should have some on the roofs...preferably those at risk." Thor Gundersen suggested, shrugging his arms lightly.

"The question is now- who? Children of course, but, ahh" the Swede remarked, taking a popped glare towards Yang.

"Well, let us just say that some are more...in tune with their adolescent self than others~"

@C.T. @Josh M @OrlandoBloomers @-I-n-d-o-l-e-n-t- @Verite @Kaykay @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Saint Guillotine

---

Meanwhile, not too far away from the main group underneath the shade of the station itself, Dean would be greeted with the lovely sight of brain matter splattering on the soil and dust underneath him. Now being able to continue his work in sudden silence, the Impala would be fixed after minor repairs, the vehicle ready to operate. However, as Dean arose from whatever repairs he would be making, the man would note that the Infected hordes on the horizon appeared to be...gone.

As the others talked about strategy and tactics for handling the Infected, Dean, due to his position facing down the highway would be the only one to see that maddening horde of the inflicted were just gone. In fact, the entire outskirts of desert fell into an eerie silence, the unforgiving winds bringing dust and sand up into the air, carrying a strong but subtle breeze.

Something didn't feel right here....

@Ivazel

Just a small fix, it seemed, was what had been in order for the Impala. Now that it was done, Dean noticed the silence surrounding him. He heard the people talking in the shady reaches beneath the awning of the gas station--not words or conversations, just the sound of voices--and nothing else. He looked around for the veritable armies of the Infected that had been approaching only moments prior, but they were gone. He frowned.

tumblr_nxckeyegaO1u5co5uo2_500.gif

"That cannot be a good sign."

There was a growing pit in his stomach that couldn't be ignored. He shut the hood, walked 'round to the driver's-side door, hopped in, and started the car, the engine turning over and purring like the day it was built. He smiled for the first time in a while, then drove until he was next to the gas station--a short ride, but one he relished nonetheless. He felt at home in the Impala.

tumblr_ng0fz4amwU1sj5fe0o1_400.gif

Exiting the car and walking around it to face the group, Dean smiled amicably in lieu of greeting so as to put the group at ease--he'd hardly given them an introduction before, and even now wasn't a stellar time what with a massive, and more pressingly missing, pack of the undead that had until a moment ago been hot on the group's tail.

Dean tried to put some force behind his voice so as to overpower any bickering, or what looked to be a reunion; Dean didn't much care what they were saying, because the news affected everyone.

"I don't know if you all've noticed, but I thought I might let you know about the distinct lack of legions of the creepiest crawlies around surrounding us. Looks like they've up and vanished."

Even as he spoke, the wind was blowing sand all around. Green eyes analyzed the gas station--a derelict Mom 'n' Pop filling station made mostly of wood and sheet metal. Not the most secure of bases, by any means. Especially with what he'd seen those big ones do to concrete and steel buildings, he wasn't taking any chances with people's lives, even as strange and eccentric a group as this one.

"This gas station don't look to be the hardiest of positions to hold, especially with a wind like this kicking up and with no idea where the hordes are. Therefore, I suggest that we, as soon as we possibly can, get the hell out of dodge before they show up again--they're not ones to skip an easy meal."

@Krieg @OrlandoBloomers @Verite @Josh M @C.T. @-I-n-d-o-l-e-n-t- @Atomyk @TheSpringwoodSlasher @Kaykay @CCC Kouhai @Saint Guillotine @Jeremi @Schnee Corp Lawyer

• Useful
Reactions: OrlandoBloomers
In the dark and damp corners of the gas station, past the actual store and into the abandoned back rooms, the strange, mechanical sound grew in intensity.The same jumbled distant words correspondingly grew in volume,, masked by what was now recognizable as static. Outside of the maddening erratic hiss of the unknown device, not a sound echoed in the backrooms of the store, only the echoes of motorcycles and slight banter striking at the unnerving ambiance. For Armor King and Frank, they would find what appeared to be dried blood splattered against a dimly lit wall. Around them, rows upon rows of storage looked vandalized and rummaged through, presumably by the Swede. Interestingly, however, a small, handheld device rested- a radio to be exact.

latest

Still emitting horrible hisses and growls of static, the transmission not on the right frequency, the active, almost primitive device began to blare.

"Op...r....KRRR.....t...n...KKRR.....r...li...KKRRZZZZ!!!"

Perhaps you could dial it back into the right frequency, assuming, of course, the eardrums in your skull don't burst first.

---

Well

That was unexpected

The "good" doctor knew that his malice words would invoke anger and spite, but not to the degree that the fiery blonde teenager resonated with such zealous aggression. Keeping his relatively cool composure, the Swede would eventually gulp lightly as this "Yang" back off, fiercely protective of that raven-haired child whom presumably is her little sister.Biting his lower lip, the black-clad physician tipped his hat, adjusting his thick duster overcoat.

"Ahh, anger, a powerful tool." he announced, folding his hands behind his back, his brief false of fear shifting into confidence. So much confidence, in fact, that he even went as far as to give a shit-eating smile. "Mmm, yes, powerful tools to the untrained to these...predicaments, but, mmm, this world does not need the untrained anymore, yes? Be wary of your words, fire girl..." the foreigner pointed out with a raised eyebrow, his features on the verge of beginning to wrinkle stretching and contracting with the movement of his pale lips. With a pang of distaste, the elderly man shifted to the strange, mentally-afflicted boy with an unhealthy obsession to Japanese dolls.

Now, granted, Thor Gundersen never claimed to be a psychologist in the slightest. As much as he found interested in one of his colleague's work, a Mr. Corvus D. Clemmons, he never trained himself fully in that field. Still, the Swede sighed, hearing the boy's attempt to summon something along the lines of a final attack. Truth be told, the physician's only definition of a final attack would be shooting the horde of impending Infected on the horizon.

"Ahh, uhh, yes,....go Sentai...uhmm...Grey Kessigner Ranger...activated?" the middle-aged man remarked with an unhappy sigh, evening going as far as to strike a post with two fingers out and his hand at his hip. Wincing, the doctor began to grow discomforted in these formalities, his patience beginning to run thin.

"Ahem...Mr...ahh, sorry, I am terrible with names, was it Sentai?" the Swede asked, shaking his head, walking around the boy and looking at the raven-haired child briefly before her abrupt departure. "Perhaps we should, uhem, save our...ahh, powers, is it? We know naught of what threats lay ahead, surely the...ahh, power of teamwork will prevail in the end, yes?" the doctor suggested with a light grin, trying to speak some sense in the delusional mind of a sociopath.

"Come, our friends are waiting, we must take this....ahh, scourge as one." the enigma remarked, approaching the newfound biker gang, along with the more familiar faces of Tina and Wei. Holding his arms out, the hat-wearing freak began to gently speak out in his eerie tone.

"Apologies apologies, of course, of course, I am glad you have helped yourselves to some...ahh, instruments." the Swede pointed out, noting the last two pistols having being taken by a strange poncho-wearing crimelord and, unfortunately, Miss Yang herself. "Miss Laura is right," Thor started, faking a coy smile. "Pardon me, I learn names quick, dear, patients are my specialty of course...anywho, we should have some on the roofs...preferably those at risk." Thor Gundersen suggested, shrugging his arms lightly.

"The question is now- who? Children of course, but, ahh" the Swede remarked, taking a popped glare towards Yang.

"Well, let us just say that some are more...in tune with their adolescent self than others~"

@C.T. @Josh M @OrlandoBloomers @-I-n-d-o-l-e-n-t- @Verite @Kaykay @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Saint Guillotine

---

Meanwhile, not too far away from the main group underneath the shade of the station itself, Dean would be greeted with the lovely sight of brain matter splattering on the soil and dust underneath him. Now being able to continue his work in sudden silence, the Impala would be fixed after minor repairs, the vehicle ready to operate. However, as Dean arose from whatever repairs he would be making, the man would note that the Infected hordes on the horizon appeared to be...gone.

As the others talked about strategy and tactics for handling the Infected, Dean, due to his position facing down the highway would be the only one to see that maddening horde of the inflicted were just gone. In fact, the entire outskirts of desert fell into an eerie silence, the unforgiving winds bringing dust and sand up into the air, carrying a strong but subtle breeze.

Something didn't feel right here....

@Ivazel

For the love of-! If the Infected out side wouldn't kill him then this horrible sound would. AK would try the dial and find the proper channel to actually see what this voice actually was and save both him and Frank from this horrible static.

@Krieg @TheSpringwoodSlasher

latest

The ordeal with the radio transistor beeped and hissed violently towards Armor King, like that of some mechanical, frankly pissed off rattlesnake. The cooing rhymes and beats of pop music, the elegant strumming of an acoustic guitar, and the frantic ramblings of a religious zealot poured underneath the veil of static, yet that some monotone voice continued it's alarming message. Having virtually wrestled with the device for a solid few minutes, Armor King would eventually, through trial-and-error, stumble onto the strongest frequency to the broadcast.

There, the voice calmly spoke, sounding strangely militaristic, like some calm, robotic broadcaster.

"Ope...ration Thin...Red...Line e-ex...executed....all military personal should...report...to...designated hubs and...safe-zones....I repeat..."

The voice would continue this message over and over, the occasional blurt of static intercepting the message.

latest

The ordeal with the radio transistor beeped and hissed violently towards Armor King, like that of some mechanical, frankly pissed off rattlesnake. The cooing rhymes and beats of pop music, the elegant strumming of an acoustic guitar, and the frantic ramblings of a religious zealot poured underneath the veil of static, yet that some monotone voice continued it's alarming message. Having virtually wrestled with the device for a solid few minutes, Armor King would eventually, through trial-and-error, stumble onto the strongest frequency to the broadcast.

There, the voice calmly spoke, sounding strangely militaristic, like some calm, robotic broadcaster.

"Ope...ration Thin...Red...Line e-ex...executed....all military personal should...report...to...designated hubs and...safe-zones....I repeat..."

The voice would continue this message over and over, the occasional blurt of static intercepting the message.

For someone in the army this would have probably meant something, but for Armor King it just filled him with confusion as he turned towards Frank. "I think we're done here, come on. Let's see that those others found in the wreckage."

Not actually waiting for Frank to respond AK would head back towards the entrance of the gas station.

@TheSpringwoodSlasher @Krieg

tumblr_inline_nwrbi8xxJT1tdgr1p_100.png

She nodded. "I'm not crazy." She answered in confirmation. "Unfortunately, I can't say the same for the situation in general--"

Ruby considered that for a few seconds before she slowly shook her head "I dunno... I... couldn't do anything from up there, I've, uh... kinda never shot a gun before ;^_^"
Yang snorted, but relented and broke off the embrace after a few moments more of the heartwarming reunion. She wasn't exactly blind to the fact that the situation was a little urgent to be getting all sentimental now, but she was just really happy to see another beacon of familiarity amidst so many unknowns; and hey, it hadn't occurred to her until just now, but she honestly didn't expect anything less. If anyone could make it through this alive, it'd be Logan. He was tough like that.

When the shortstack paid righteous tribute to her strength, Yang's response was just to grin and toss him a wink. "You know it. And yeah, that's Ruby! Isn't she just the coolest?"

She beamed, threw her hands up and gesticulated proudly in her sister's direction, as if showing off the absolute crowning achievement of her lifetime. Which she kinda was.

w6NBEj5.png

She flashed a disarmingly apologetic smile and shuffled a few feet over in Ruby and Akagi's general direction, watching transfixed at their exchange and waiting for the right time, the ample time, to step in. Timing was everything. Otherwise, it wouldn't mean a thing. She watched carefully until the exact moment Ruby realized how ridiculous this was and got embarrassed-- she knew her sister well enough to pinpoint it-- and when that moment came, Yang struck.

"NEEEEEEERDS!"
Ruby curled up in the fetal position out of pure embarassment and stayed like that the whole RP

-Is what would have happened if that had been anyone other than her sister who would so brutally call out such a young and sweet girl in a brief moment of hysteria induced naivate. As it was Yang, Ruby just grit her teeth and wrung her hands into fists at her sides before she whirled around and stomped her foot. "HEY AT LEAST I DID PACK A WHOLE BUNCH OF BOYBAND POSTERS AS 'ESSENTIAL SUPPLIES!'" She shouted back, complete with over dramatic finger quotes
She cupped her hands around her mouth and expressed her opinion in a single, cathartic cry. It had to be said.

And then she went back to preparing herself. As tension-relieving as all this was, those infected were still inching their way ever closer; while their arrival might not exactly have been imminent, it was definitely coming.

But this was better than panicking. They just needed to be ready.​

"Oh. That sounds good."

Yang chipped in, folding her arms from nearby where she definitely wasn't eavesdropping. It didn't count as eavesdropping if she was mentioned, right? She was pretty sure it didn't.

"You should make like the lady said, Ruby. Bring your, uhhh, fellow Ranger--" Good-natured as it was, she couldn't keep the ensuing snorts and chuckles from breaking up her speech a little, bringing a hand to her mouth to try stifle them and passing it off as a sudden coughing fit. "--Phew. Sorry, sure is dusty out here. Anyway, bring your friend with the rifle up too; I'm gonna stick down here with biker guy and Logan. Might as well do what I'm best at, right?"

She trailed off, dancing around the messier details. She wasn't really sure how to phrase something like that to her little sister. Yang rubbed the back of her head and glanced over at the station pumps idly, placing a hand on her hips as she pursed her lips in thought. "Do those cars work?"

She cocked her head, referring to the parked vehicles of Tina and Frank. "That's another option. Anyone who knows how to drive could do some serious damage in those things so long as they're not scared of a few bugs in the windshield, if you catch my drift. Mad Max style." With the added benefit of built-in cover for whoever was in the drivers' seat, along with anyone riding shotgun. Heck, a good enough driver could probably skirt around the edges of the skirmish doing damage without even getting caught.

She said suddenly, eyes tinted an odd purplish hue brightening in sudden realization as a thought struck her. She raised a finger and cleared her throat, as though about to suggest some thoughtful and elaborate plan of action.

63wGPw6.jpg

"Love you."

@Krieg @Josh M @Verite @Josh M @-I-n-d-o-l-e-n-t- @C.T. @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Saint Guillotine
Ack. "Love... you too... sis........air"

Whenever that comforting yet brain cell suffocating show of affection, ended, Ruby pursed her lips in thought as she ran Yang's suggestion by in her head again. So wait. If they had cars then why were-
Well

That was unexpected

It was one thing for Ruby to try to cool her sister down when she thought that Yang was unreasonably grumpy with a guy Ruby had just assumed was as scared as they were, but it was another thing entirely for her to really want to do anything to hold Yang back if he was just gonna be slinging needless insults at the bruiser-

Oh. Right. Guns. Loooots of guns. letting her sister get angry enough to start throwing punches suddenly seemed like a far more terrifying idea when that little factoid wedged itself into her brain, and there was a brief moment of panic as she sought to interrupt any sort of retaliation or response.

"HEY LOOK ITS THAT CAR WE PASSED!"
Exiting the car and walking around it to face the group, Dean smiled amicably in lieu of greeting so as to put the group at ease--he'd hardly given them an introduction before, and even now wasn't a stellar time what with a massive, and more pressingly missing, pack of the undead that had until a moment ago been hot on the group's tail.

Dean tried to put some force behind his voice so as to overpower any bickering, or what looked to be a reunion; Dean didn't much care what they were saying, because the news affected everyone.

"I don't know if you all've noticed, but I thought I might let you know about the distinct lack of legions of the creepiest crawlies around surrounding us. Looks like they've up and vanished."

Even as he spoke, the wind was blowing sand all around. Green eyes analyzed the gas station--a derelict Mom 'n' Pop filling station made mostly of wood and sheet metal. Not the most secure of bases, by any means. Especially with what he'd seen those big ones do to concrete and steel buildings, he wasn't taking any chances with people's lives, even as strange and eccentric a group as this one.

"This gas station don't look to be the hardiest of positions to hold, especially with a wind like this kicking up and with no idea where the hordes are. Therefore, I suggest that we, as soon as we possibly can, get the hell out of dodge before they show up again--they're not ones to skip an easy meal."
Awwww.

This guy totally stole her idea : <

Oh well, that just meant there was already one vote to agree with it! She cleared her throat (Not even in an attempt to get attention really that yell had just really hurt her throat e_e) before she nodded "What that guy said. There's no reason to fight these things! We got what we came for, so we can just... y'know, go!"

@Krieg @OrlandoBloomers @Verite @Josh M @C.T. @-I-n-d-o-l-e-n-t- @Atomyk @TheSpringwoodSlasher @Kaykay @CCC Kouhai @Saint Guillotine @Jeremi @Ivazel

"...What?"

tumblr_inline_nwrbhnhQDB1tdgr1p_100.png

Her eyes widened, shooting all over the area. There was indeed no sign of them...and yet, she was even more on high alert. From what she had seen and heard, the Infected lost much of their higher functions and reasoning power. No self-preservation instinct either, given how they had been tumbling to their deaths in the distance. To just suddenly vanish...

She shook her head. "Yes, getting out of here might be best. Something is wrong." One hand remained around her pistol's grip the whole time, just in case. Laura herself waited until the two sisters were done hugging and Ruby agreed with that guy before speaking up in response to an earlier point.​

Ruby considered that for a few seconds before she slowly shook her head "I dunno... I... couldn't do anything from up there, I've, uh... kinda never shot a gun before ;^_^"

"I'm not surprised. Not everyone has. But the situation may end up requiring it in the future. If you do need help, I will gladly assist."

@Krieg @OrlandoBloomers @Verite @Josh M @Schnee Corp Lawyer @-I-n-d-o-l-e-n-t- @Atomyk @TheSpringwoodSlasher @Kaykay @CCC Kouhai @Saint Guillotine @Jeremi @Ivazel

latest

"GEEZ! TURN IT DOWN! TURN IT DOWN!" I shouted at the top of my lungs as I clutched at my ears. It was a damn miracle they weren't bleeding! Who the heck had been here and left the radio in such a state of disreapair that it sounded like the wail of Death itself?

As Armor King approached and messed with the controls a little bit, I slowly lowered my hands. Though, I gotta be honest and say I kind of preferred the static. The way different things seemed to meld together into some kind of metaphorical musical blob didn't exactly mesh well with me. What came out next though? That caught my interest all right. Anything to do with the army during times like this were a goldmine.

"Operation Thin Red Line..? Well, doesn't that sound promising?"

The hell was the Red Line? Stop the flow of infected from getting too far? Well, sorry Uncle Sam and co, looks you failed in that regard. Still, it's worth noting at the very least. But I don't know if I'm gonna be too eager to head any kind of safe-zone run by the military just yet. Not until we get the hell away from this gas station before those things staring baring down on us. Tucking the crowbar away, I gripped onto my camera to steady it and raced after Armor King. The sooner we got out of here, the better so far as I was concerned.

@Krieg @Jeremi

Not that Yang wouldn't have appreciated the effort if she caught on to what Ruby was doing, but the only way her little sister could've possibly averted the brewing argument would've been to somehow turn back the clocks and keep the Swede from ever saying what he did in the first place. Once the blonde's ears heard those words, once her eyes widened and her teeth ground together in vitriolic recognition of the jabs being aimed her way, there was no going back. The battle lines were drawn. The graves were dug. All other sights and sounds became blurs of red and smatterings of white noise. No metaphors or idioms could accurately convey the sheer rage channeled into the stare she fixed the Swede with, her blood pumping like molten iron through her veins; If hell had fury, Yang was it.

If he seriously thought she was gonna take that without hitting back, Gundersen had chosen the wrong blonde to mess with. He should've gone with the ditz.

pty7D0T.png

"I'm sorry, WHAT did you just say?!"

She snapped at him furiously, the whisper of common sense not being drowned out by the roar of her provoked temper compelling her to engage the safety on the pistol she'd taken and tug her shirt up slightly, tucking the firearm in the waistband of her jeans as a makeshift holster. Pulling the fabric of her shirt back down to cover it, she continued in much the same tone, seeming not only angry but downright disbelieving of the Swede's decision to keep poking the proverbial bear. She thought she put the fear in him enough to get her point across the first time. Obviously, that wasn't the case.

Yang instinctively put a hand on Ruby's shoulder to steer her back behind her before she started striding forward, unwilling to put her in harm's way. And there was about to be a whole lotta harm being dispensed, if she had her way.

"Because I thought I heard you suggest I was the one acting like a kid here. Me. How 'bout the guy in his forties who can't get over his bruised ego enough to go five minutes without sniping at two teenagers? What do you think, you bathtub prune? Sounds pretty "in tune with his adolescent self" to ME!"

She clenched her fists.

"You know, I'm thinking you should be the one up on the roof. I hear old folks can't run from zombies too well... Especially when they're about to have two broken legs."

That was definitely a threat, but whether she planned to follow through with it or not depended on his response.

@Krieg @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Verite @Josh M @C.T. @-I-n-d-o-l-e-n-t- @Atomyk @TheSpringwoodSlasher @Kaykay @CCC Kouhai @Saint Guillotine @Jeremi @Ivazel

"That they do." She answered with a shadow of a grin playing at her lips. One that vanished when he brought up having a chat with her father.

tumblr_inline_nwrbhnPJNa1tdgr1p_100.png

"Perhaps someday. I think you and...my dad would really like each other." She finished quietly, falling into silence as she observed him and Yang reuniting. A fierce hug returned casually...and she'd called him "Master." Teacher? Something else? She had no clue but wasn't about to pry. At least this implies he's pretty good with kids. That brought back the hint of the smirk on her face. "I'll just...get out of your way until then."

Laura stepped away, forgoing further introductions and instead, strolling off closer to Shredder, the smirk still present on her face but not quite reaching her eyes. She supposed this is what she deserved. To watch someone else hug her dad while she just watched, unsure of what to say or if even to say anything at all.

But no matter. "You're quiet, even for me. And that's saying something." She noted, glancing at Shredder.​

Logan'd almost forgotten about Laura in the midst of the hug-assault from Yang; fortunately, he'd caught her words. "Hey, I'm sorry to cut ya off like that. Don't be a stranger-- I'll check in on yer bike shortly, alright?" It had been a while since he'd seen Yang and that was naturally enough an impetus to shoot the wind with her, even if it was brief.​
"T..t-transform!"

......​

Haha, he could tell he'd come to like the younger sister of Fireball's. She was a personality all her own and pretty... what was that newfangled term kids were using nowadays? It was fitting-- ah yea, adorkable. "Pfft." An uncharacteristic chuckle arose from the surly Canadian.​

w6NBEj5.png

"NEEEEEEERDS!"

"Oh. That sounds good."

63wGPw6.jpg

"Love you."

"Seems like a nice girl, from how she's entertaining that kid with the ...," His eyes furrowed before Logan continued, "... bizarre toy." He crossed his arms, shaking his head briefly as if it weren't an issue, gesturing briefly with the flick of a hand toward Yang. "Don't mind me, tend to yer lil' sis."

Logan reminisced fondly the times the lil' (once upon a time, of course) Yang poured her heart over the little sister she basically always wanted, endearing in her praise and descriptions. It was a tad bit affecting even on the gruff man, as he watched their interaction briefly. In a way, he was glad the sisters were together for each other. A bloody shame they were stuck in the thick of all this.
Just a small fix, it seemed, was what had been in order for the Impala. Now that it was done, Dean noticed the silence surrounding him. He heard the people talking in the shady reaches beneath the awning of the gas station--not words or conversations, just the sound of voices--and nothing else. He looked around for the veritable armies of the Infected that had been approaching only moments prior, but they were gone. He frowned.

tumblr_nxckeyegaO1u5co5uo2_500.gif

"That cannot be a good sign."

There was a growing pit in his stomach that couldn't be ignored. He shut the hood, walked 'round to the driver's-side door, hopped in, and started the car, the engine turning over and purring like the day it was built. He smiled for the first time in a while, then drove until he was next to the gas station--a short ride, but one he relished nonetheless. He felt at home in the Impala.

tumblr_ng0fz4amwU1sj5fe0o1_400.gif

Logan blinked momentarily, before snapping his eyes to the horizon-- shit, he was right. His nominal course of action would have been keeping eyes on the line over yonder but he was distracted. Ignorance was bliss, naturally, but that wasn't enough an excuse. "Alright, I better get moving on fixing my bike. If there's another car-- or parts for those two's cars--," Logan indicated Tina and Frank, "Let's get to fixin' em. I'd rather not hang around and try to fight off a spontaneous ambush against the horde. We're underwhelmingly equipped as is."

After all, his mindset was geared to the safety and survival of the young. He didn't care for the Gundersen or the like; if anything, the adults had better be able to take care of themselves.

At least he'd a reason to fight for his, and by extension their, survival after the loss of his dojo.

His blatant dislike for the aforementioned man would be made readily apparent...​
Not that Yang wouldn't have appreciated the effort if she caught on to what Ruby was doing, but the only way her little sister could've possibly averted the brewing argument would've been to somehow turn back the clocks and keep the Swede from ever saying what he did in the first place. Once the blonde's ears heard those words, once her eyes widened and her teeth ground together in vitriolic recognition of the jabs being aimed her way, there was no going back. The battle lines were drawn. The graves were dug. All other sights and sounds became blurs of red and smatterings of white noise. No metaphors or idioms could accurately convey the sheer rage channeled into the stare she fixed the Swede with, her blood pumping like molten iron through her veins; If hell had fury, Yang was it.

If he seriously thought she was gonna take that without hitting back, Gundersen had chosen the wrong blonde to mess with. He should've gone with the ditz.

pty7D0T.png

"I'm sorry, WHAT did you just say?!"

She snapped at him furiously, the whisper of common sense not being drowned out by the roar of her provoked temper compelling her to engage the safety on the pistol she'd taken and tug her shirt up slightly, tucking the firearm in the waistband of her jeans as a makeshift holster. Pulling the fabric of her shirt back down to cover it, she continued in much the same tone, seeming not only angry but downright disbelieving of the Swede's decision to keep poking the proverbial bear. She thought she put the fear in him enough to get her point across the first time. Obviously, that wasn't the case.

Yang instinctively put a hand on Ruby's shoulder to steer her back behind her before she started striding forward, unwilling to put her in harm's way. And there was about to be a whole lotta harm being dispensed, if she had her way.

"Because I thought I heard you suggest I was the one acting like a kid here. Me. How 'bout the guy in his forties who can't get over his bruised ego enough to go five minutes without sniping at two teenagers? What do you think, you bathtub prune? Sounds pretty "in tune with his adolescent self" to ME!"

She clenched her fists.

"You know, I'm thinking you should be the one up on the roof. I hear old folks can't run from zombies too well... Especially when they're about to have two broken legs."

That was definitely a threat, but whether she planned to follow through with it or not depended on his response.​

"Hey, hey girl. As much as I'd like ta see ya lay him out, there's no time fer it. Ignore him and tend to yer little sister, she's more important than the words of an ass."

Following that, he immediately wheeled himself towards pretty-boy aka Dean Winchester-- "Ya see any spare motorbike tires in there? Y'know what, it's probably faster if I just find out fer myself-- don't mind me helping myself to yer tools if you've got em."

@C.T. @Ivazel @OrlandoBloomers @Krieg @Batman​

The smugness in the Swede's expression began to falter and die off. The intellectual condescending attitude with a mighty ego to tout grew annoyed more than amused, the foreigner's facial expressions tighten and contracting. Taking a few steps back, more towards the street, he faced off towards Yang, the elder physician displeased to say the least. Clenching his hands into fists, the Norwegian, often confused to be Swedish by ignorant Americans, barked out with a powerful yet stern voice.

"Do not test me, girl." he remarked with a hiss, reaching down to cock the hammer of his revolver. "You and the rest of these folks are the reason those abominations are descending upon us. I even gave you the luxury of sharing the supplies I found to better our survival. Who is not to say I want you having that, aaa, handgun anymore, mmm? Selfish brat, taking what you want, yet not paying me an ounce of respect" the Swede warned venomously, a vicious man keen more on survival than friendship.

"And trust me, if you even so think of breaking my legs, I wi-..."

"UAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!"

Abruptly and suddenly, Thor Gundersen froze, his face shifting to horror, looking down at the cracked asphalt. The roaring of sand encircled those at the gas station, streams of dust and grime flowing freely yet blinding exact vision of the horizon. As the sandstorm grew and grew in intensity, black silhouettes could be seen seemingly arising from the earth, their arms extended, their screams muffled under the roaring winds of nature. As evidence by Dean's observation, the legions of the Infected did not vanish. No, instead, they did something even more frightening....

They used a strategy.

Watching them arise one-by-one, less than half a mile away, the Swede could not comprehend how the Infected organized themselves in such a matter. Yes, they were far from dumb, but this level of intelligence is almost marveling human thought. Faintly, ever so faintly, the intellectual paused as his internal concerns were met with an answer. Among the distant screams and cries of the Infected, the pounding of what sounded like a war-drum echoed sonorously. Soon, the Swede drew out his revolver, pointing towards the fierce mass of muscle and intelligence that was bolting straight towards him.

michael-antrim-riot-infected-by-thechaoticknight-d1ppytf.jpg

Spearheading the small pack of Infected, a tall, abnormally buff riot-geared officer came charging down the highway. Fueled by adrenaline and unfathomable fury that would match Yang's, the once proud protector of the police kept pounding at shattered ballistic shield with a bloodied and jagged baton. Common Infected swarmed behind this somewhat "general", as if the maddening pounding of his shield was like the rallying drums of a marching army. Soon, a pack of Infected, roughly fifty in numbers broke away from this "Thrasher", moving as one towards Dean, Laura, Logan, and the majority of the group outside of the gas station.

Meeting this officer headstrong, the doctor raised his revolver. Shooting frantically, Thor watched as all six of his round were fired at this officer, the Uncommon Infected raising his ballistic shield to protect him of the incoming shots. Letting out a flurry of slurs, Mr Gundersen grasped the barrel of his revolver, intent on pistol-whipping the Infected. With a mighty swig, the Swede reeled forward, just as the officer reached in his range.

What the Swede didn't expect, however, was the nimble nature of the officer, as the Infected literally ducked out of the way of Thor's attack.

"SHI-!" was all Thor could utter as the Thrasher reeled upwards with his nightstick, virtually uppercutting Thor. With bones cracking and crimson spilling freely, the testosterone-fueled agitator bellowed of a mighty war cry of victory as Thor lay limp on the road. Waving his nightstick and shield rabidly, the Thrasher charged his mass of a body towards Yang, using his shield try and push aside the teenager with sheer brute force.

"GAAAAA!!!" the Thrasher screeched again, thrashing about wildly, waving his nightstick and shield furiously, particularly aiming to bludgeon Tina and Wei.

@Atomyk @CCC Kouhai @-I-n-d-o-l-e-n-t- @OrlandoBloomers @Schnee Corp Lawyer @C.T. @Josh M @Saint Guillotine @Ivazel @Kaykay @Verite

---

For Armor King and Frank, the cries did not go unheard. A deep, unsettling thumping sound could be heard, the backdoor to the gas station being violently pounded upon. It would not take long before the door would be completely caved in, letting the flow of the outrageous hordes of the Infected to sprawl in. Time was certainly ticking away, and now, it no longer become a venture for supplies...

But a desperate fight or a cowardice rout.

@TheSpringwoodSlasher @Jeremi

The smugness in the Swede's expression began to falter and die off. The intellectual condescending attitude with a mighty ego to tout grew annoyed more than amused, the foreigner's facial expressions tighten and contracting. Taking a few steps back, more towards the street, he faced off towards Yang, the elder physician displeased to say the least. Clenching his hands into fists, the Norwegian, often confused to be Swedish by ignorant Americans, barked out with a powerful yet stern voice.

"Do not test me, girl." he remarked with a hiss, reaching down to cock the hammer of his revolver. "You and the rest of these folks are the reason those abominations are descending upon us. I even gave you the luxury of sharing the supplies I found to better our survival. Who is not to say I want you having that, aaa, handgun anymore, mmm? Selfish brat, taking what you want, yet not paying me an ounce of respect" the Swede warned venomously, a vicious man keen more on survival than friendship.

"UAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!"

Abruptly and suddenly, Thor Gundersen froze, his face shifting to horror, looking down at the cracked asphalt. The roaring of sand encircled those at the gas station, streams of dust and grime flowing freely yet blinding exact vision of the horizon. As the sandstorm grew and grew in intensity, black silhouettes could be seen seemingly arising from the earth, their arms extended, their screams muffled under the roaring winds of nature. As evidence by Dean's observation, the legions of the Infected did not vanish. No, instead, they did something even more frightening....

They used a strategy.

Watching them arise one-by-one, less than half a mile away, the Swede could not comprehend how the Infected organized themselves in such a matter. Yes, they were far from dumb, but this level of intelligence is almost marveling human thought. Faintly, ever so faintly, the intellectual paused as his internal concerns were met with an answer. Among the distant screams and cries of the Infected, the pounding of what sounded like a war-drum echoed sonorously. Soon, the Swede drew out his revolver, pointing towards the fierce mass of muscle and intelligence that was bolting straight towards him.

Spearheading the small pack of Infected, a tall, abnormally buff riot-geared officer came charging down the highway. Fueled by adrenaline and unfathomable fury that would match Yang's, the once proud protector of the police kept pounding at shattered ballistic shield with a bloodied and jagged baton. Common Infected swarmed behind this somewhat "general", as if the maddening pounding of his shield was like the rallying drums of a marching army. Soon, a pack of Infected, roughly fifty in numbers broke away from this "Thrasher", moving as one towards Dean, Laura, Logan, and the majority of the group outside of the gas station.

Meeting this officer headstrong, the doctor raised his revolver. Shooting frantically, Thor watched as all six of his round were fired at this officer, the Uncommon Infected raising his ballistic shield to protect him of the incoming shots. Letting out a flurry of slurs, Mr Gundersen grasped the barrel of his revolver, intent on pistol-whipping the Infected. With a mighty swig, the Swede reeled forward, just as the officer reached in his range.

What the Swede didn't expect, however, was the nimble nature of the officer, as the Infected literally ducked out of the way of Thor's attack.

"SHI-!" was all Thor could utter as the Thrasher reeled upwards with his nightstick, virtually uppercutting Thor. With bones cracking and crimson spilling freely, the testosterone-fueled agitator bellowed of a mighty war cry of victory as Thor lay limp on the road. Waving his nightstick and shield rabidly, the Thrasher charged his mass of a body towards Yang, using his shield try and push aside the teenager with sheer brute force.

"GAAAAA!!!" the Thrasher screeched again, thrashing about wildly, waving his nightstick and shield furiously, particularly aiming to bludgeon Tina and Wei.

@Atomyk @CCC Kouhai @-I-n-d-o-l-e-n-t- @OrlandoBloomers @Schnee Corp Lawyer @C.T. @Josh M @Saint Guillotine @Ivazel @Kaykay @Verite

---

For Armor King and Frank, the cries did not go unheard. A deep, unsettling thumping sound could be heard, the backdoor to the gas station being violently pounded upon. It would not take long before the door would be completely caved in, letting the flow of the outrageous hordes of the Infected to sprawl in. Time was certainly ticking away, and now, it no longer become a venture for supplies...

Armor King would hear the thumping at the backdoor. "...It's pointless to stay here to fight them alone. We're going to the chopper, with more men on our side." With some more hasty steps he'd exit the gas station and headed towards the wreckage.​

@TheSpringwoodSlasher @Krieg

w6NBEj5.png

"NEEEEEEERDS!"

Well

That was unexpected

What a mean spirited girl. Women these days, they had no delicacy! A nerd? Did she think that he was just some nerd? Sure, he was a nerd, but there wasn't anything wrong with that! ...Aside from some of the social consequences but look how much that mattered now! Not. In. The. Slightest. With the whole Green Flu thing going around keeping up with things like a job or sports didn't matter. Their knowledge was just as useless as his Super Sentai knowledge!

And besides, he was the most knowledgeable Super Sentai nerd the world had ever seen!

"That's right! I'm a nerd! But I'm no ordinary nerd, I'm the biggest nerd on Super Sentai in the world!" he shouted with absolutely no shame in his voice. He was about to go on with his rant until the Swede came and...accepted the Sentai delusion? Could it be? Someone else to be deluded with?

"Ah, I'm Akagi! Nobuo Akagi! Nice to meet you, Kansenger Grey!" Akagi excitedly tried to shake the man's hand. "You're right, we don't need to transform just yet. It's too early for that."

With that, Akagi began following everyone else, taking part in their non-delusion, likely far more rational plans. So absorbed in that was he that he completely ignored whatever shouting was going on between Yang and the Swede.

"UAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!"

They used a strategy.

---

While the infected using strategy might have surprised most, Akagi just took it in stride. After all, most Sentai villains came in patterns. It just looked nicer that way on TV.

"Everyone, fire!"

Though telling everyone that was probably unnecessary. As the one with the shield moves out of the way, Akagi began firing with the rifle into the mass of infected.

@-I-n-d-o-l-e-n-t- @OrlandoBloomers @Schnee Corp Lawyer @C.T. @Josh M @Saint Guillotine @Ivazel @Krieg @Verite

Last edited:
  • Nice Execution!
Reactions: Chewy Rabbits
Status
Not open for further replies.