Left 4 Dead - The Last Escape

Status
Not open for further replies.
latest

The specialized hunter, the "Galloper" of such, kept his maddening pursuit on the cracked concrete of Highway 80. With bile freely oozing from his mouth, the abnormally swift abomination cried as he raised his head up. Launching his nimble, lean form up into the air with shocking ease, he avoided the frightening claws of the renowned Yakuza member, vainly trying to slash at the mobster. In doing such a leap, the Galloper cried out as a pistol round entered into his leg, weakening the creature's seemingly ungodly physical coordination. With fury underneath the gouged eyes of the hooded form, the Galloper abruptly shot out a small stream of neon-green ooze towards the tires of Logan's motorbike. This ooze, within ten minutes, would create friction against the tires by burning through the rubber, eventually popping the wheels off entirely.

Letting out a furious slur of maddening gibberish, the Galloper resumed his hunt against the two young sisters on the more modern sportsbike. In his Infected mind, these two seemed the most vulnerable, and easy food was certainly better than no food. Pushing himself further and further, the bloodthirsty hooded enigma made his final pounce up into the air. With a deafening wail, sharpen claws half a foot long extended outwards, his form beaming down to the blonde and her raven-haired sibling.

Before the Galloper could even finish his cry. the blade of the katana pushed itself through it's parched mouth, ceasing the frightening Infected into nothing more than an erratically twitching pile of mutilated flesh, bone, and acidic green ooze running down the katana's blade.

---

In the maddening rush, most of the Infected still had a fair distance to go, but were slowly gaining up onto the "biker crew". Finally, and most reassuringly, the banded crew of four motorcycles would swerve into the gas station, to be exact by the pumps. With most of the dust and smoke settled from the crashed helicopter, the four"horsemen of the apocalypse" (coupled with one horsepassenger of the apocalypse whom spent far too much time on the Internet) were greeted first by the Swede, whom had been the first to strangely act in his unusually calm and reserved state. In fact, what little conversations he shared with his fellow survivors were vague, the finely-dressed doctor standing at the furthest edges of the station.

"You bunch are very discreet, no? Very fucking discreet indeed." the man remarked, his tone quickly shifting to anger. "I hope you realize what is behind you. Go, get yourselves ready." he spoke solemnly, almost as if he had been through this before. "The Infected are coming, and it seems for now, we should, ahh, havc a mutual agreement, no?" the man suggested to the five newcomers, spotting the shadowy outlines approaching. With a growl, he unsheathed his revolver, passing by Wei and Tina.

"You two lovebirds, yes?" he spoke, gesturing his free left hand to the bikers. "Say hello to our new friends, mmm? I hope you all get so accompanied together. Now if you will all excuse, mmm, me, There are...patients to treat, yes." he softly spoke shakily, the small horde of Infected growing closer and closer. Pausing, realizing the lack of his own numbers, he glanced over at the strange Asian "hero", proclaiming justly about strange transformations and figurines with Japanese names the Swede frankly had no interest in entirely...especially given the scenario.

"Say, ahh, hero, was it? My Japanese is rusty, ahh, how about you, mmm, help me? You have a rifle, after all, mind...mmm, administering some medicine to our craving patients?"

@Josh M @Verite @OrlandoBloomers @-I-n-d-o-l-e-n-t- @C.T. @Kaykay @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Saint Guillotine

-Greet newcomers and prepare defenses-

Meanwhile, as the stomping march of the Infected grew closer and closer, the situation in the gas station was shockingly eerie and subtle. For Armor King and Frank, scattered supplies still lay, supplies often overlooked. From replacement parts to cars and motorcycles to water and food, nothing else of extraordinary was truly up and about. However, in the back of the store, partially where Dean had hastily grabbed supplies and tools from, a dull yet sporadic hissing sound could be heard. If Armor King, and even Frank, were to halt in their tracks, the speech would sound mechanical yet human.

"o...ra....r...th....r...ne..."

@Jeremi @TheSpringwoodSlasher

-Investigate sound source or help defenses-

Finally, for Dean, whom would of seen the biker crew roll by all so gracefully and not so woefully, the hordes of the Infected could be seen growing closer and closer. One in particularly was very far ahead, so much so that it was in perfect viewing distance from the graduate. With a piercing yell, the common Infected continued it's undying charge, actually going so far as to lunge itself towards the man. Forunately for the distant mechanic, the sudden Infected had, funnily enough, actually just slammed it's head against the hood of the Impala.

Flailing on the desert floor, the straggler tried to arise to it's feet, yet beaten and crippled.

@Ivazel

-Kill the lone Infected, Fix the Impala quickly or leave it-

In the maddening rush, most of the Infected still had a fair distance to go, but were slowly gaining up onto the "biker crew". Finally, and most reassuringly, the banded crew of four motorcycles would swerve into the gas station, to be exact by the pumps. With most of the dust and smoke settled from the crashed helicopter, the four"horsemen of the apocalypse" (coupled with one horsepassenger of the apocalypse whom spent far too much time on the Internet) were greeted first by the Swede, whom had been the first to strangely act in his unusually calm and reserved state. In fact, what little conversations he shared with his fellow survivors were vague, the finely-dressed doctor standing at the furthest edges of the station.

"You bunch are very discreet, no? Very fucking discreet indeed." the man remarked, his tone quickly shifting to anger. "I hope you realize what is behind you. Go, get yourselves ready." he spoke solemnly, almost as if he had been through this before. "The Infected are coming, and it seems for now, we should, ahh, havc a mutual agreement, no?" the man suggested to the five newcomers, spotting the shadowy outlines approaching. With a growl, he unsheathed his revolver, passing by Wei and Tina.

"You two lovebirds, yes?" he spoke, gesturing his free left hand to the bikers. "Say hello to our new friends, mmm? I hope you all get so accompanied together. Now if you will all excuse, mmm, me, There are...patients to treat, yes." he softly spoke shakily, the small horde of Infected growing closer and closer. Pausing, realizing the lack of his own numbers, he glanced over at the strange Asian "hero", proclaiming justly about strange transformations and figurines with Japanese names the Swede frankly had no interest in entirely...especially given the scenario.

"Say, ahh, hero, was it? My Japanese is rusty, ahh, how about you, mmm, help me? You have a rifle, after all, mind...mmm, administering some medicine to our craving patients?"

@Josh M @Verite @OrlandoBloomers @-I-n-d-o-l-e-n-t- @C.T. @Kaykay @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Saint Guillotine

-Greet newcomers and prepare defenses-

...Well then. That wasn't the first response she had expected. He wasn't technically wrong, either. Removing her helmet, she spoke up. "To be fair, with the city on fire and helicopters careening into the ground, nothing else about the situation really screams discreet. And yes, I for one am keenly aware." Laura shot a glance over her shoulder, eyeing the incoming horde before turning back and nodding her assent. "Agreement is a good start. Safety in numbers." The corner of her lips upturned in a smirk. For all the issues men and women could have with one another, working together came easy. Unity through adversity.

"Hello, as well." She hastily added as a greeting. A more proper one would have to wait for when the situation wasn't so dire. Laura reached into her jacket, pulling her pistol free from it's holster. Thumbing the magazine release, she checked the ammunition count before sliding the magazine back in with a clack and thumbing the safety on, holstering it again for the moment. The chances of dying at the hands of the Infected increased with every step they took, getting ever closer. Laura bit her lip in thought, staring off to the side at him.

She might not get a chance like this again. To ask. Letting out a nearly inaudible sigh, she approached Logan. "Excuse me but...would you mind if I asked you what your name is?"

@-I-n-d-o-l-e-n-t- @Krieg @OrlandoBloomers @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Saint Guillotine @Josh M @Verite @Kaykay

While he had decided to go check the wreckage AK would instead head towards the station. Food won over finding military grade hardware. Sadly enough AK was not carrying a flashlight on him so seeing anything inside was a bit of a chore. What he did see however was the crowbar that he went to pick up before handing it over to Frank. "Could be useful." Was his only reply.

He'd go grab some of the soda's laying around because piss warm soda was still better than nothing. After that he'd venture further into the store as his hand reached down to the bat, just in case he would meet some unfriendly patrons. The shotgun he'd strapped to his back for the time being, hoping to not waste any bullets for the time being.

@TheSpringwoodSlasher @Ivazel @Krieg
n56w8NI.jpg

"Uh, thanks."

I appreciated the guy handing over this crowbar. Could use it to pry open boxes or crack an infected upside the head. But I already had my trusty bat for that. Failing that though, I guess I could see if covering all those wars actually payed off for anything.

As we continued looking around, I found some parts that looked like they'd do the Olds some good if she got bent out of shape. Reaching out, I'd pick up some parts and tucked them away into my jacket. Could just toss them in the backseat. But what I couldn't do was toss away whatever that had been.

"....Did you hear that too? Don't want to think all this business has driven me crazy already."

I tightened my grip around that crowbar as much as I could. Whatever had made that noise sounded like it had a lot of problems already. But if it was someone in need, could I really just walk off? The stomping outside made it clear we didn't have much time to decide.

"I think I've got all that I need here. You want to check out what that noise was? Or do you want to get the hell out of here? I'm partial to either one."

@Jeremi @Krieg

The specialized hunter, the "Galloper" of such, kept his maddening pursuit on the cracked concrete of Highway 80. With bile freely oozing from his mouth, the abnormally swift abomination cried as he raised his head up. Launching his nimble, lean form up into the air with shocking ease, he avoided the frightening claws of the renowned Yakuza member, vainly trying to slash at the mobster. In doing such a leap, the Galloper cried out as a pistol round entered into his leg, weakening the creature's seemingly ungodly physical coordination.​
Shredder would take full advantage of the momentary weakness, to swerve away to the side to avoid it as he prepared to come in again- At least, till he saw the final result. Good.

Shredder was well pleased at both the conduct of those who helped as well as those who fought off the enemy. And taking a flanking position, he'd drive up with the rest of the bikers off till they made it to the others.

Dibs on being War.

He had no firearm, but he knew how to pick and choose his fight. And throwing a quick eye around their current surroundings, Shredder would swiftly make his way towards the bag of guns, grabbing a pistol as he readied it with the air of a man used to guns, a strange sight among the relatively normal folks. For one, he had yet to remove his motorcycle helmet. Second, the blades were an obvious custom job, that coupled with the suit and the ragged, red poncho made for a very strange sight, even among this fast-growing post apocalyptic world. It wouldn't be a stretch to refer to him as a Psycho, the term for the survivors who had cracked under the pressure. Shredder himself would begrudgingly agree that he wasn't exactly the poster boy of sanity.

But he knew how to kill and to do it well. That above all else would be needed now. To the others, he was silent as he simply took up position, the mirrored sheen of the helmet visor reflecting the desert around them.

@Josh M @Verite @OrlandoBloomers @-I-n-d-o-l-e-n-t- @C.T. @Kaykay @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Krieg

• Thank You
Reactions: Schnee Corp Lawyer
"I can take care of myself, thank you very much!"

If there was one thing in this world Tina hated, it'd be people telling her what to do. She got enough of this from her father, she didn't need some cop, who she saved, b the way, to tell her what do.

'Maybe I should have left you in the sand. You were at least cute back there. I do need no protector, ya hear?"

Turning her attention back to situation at hand, Tina would look at the three men she was with.

"Look fellas, see all the people comin' this way? You guys realize them Infected must of seen it too, right? What we need to do is gather everyone, and wait out the wave that's probably coming from Inside the gas station."

@Krieg @Verite @Kaykay

"I appreciate the compliment, miss, and I'm just sayin' I wouldn't want your pretty face getting roughed up by the bad stuff around here," Wei said in response to Tina, though before he'd say more, it would look like there were some things they'd have to take care of first, according to the man who called himself the Swede.

Well, business first, pleasure later.

"Well... If you insist on helping, miss, are you any good with weapons? You have any on you?" He would ask the American woman, before drawing his Desert Eagle and cocking it without a moment's notice. Looked like the so-called biker gang had ended up coming around again. Well, the more the merrier, right?

Let's hope so.

@Josh M @Krieg @OrlandoBloomers @-I-n-d-o-l-e-n-t- @C.T. @Kaykay @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Saint Guillotine

"I appreciate the compliment, miss, and I'm just sayin' I wouldn't want your pretty face getting roughed up by the bad stuff around here," Wei said in response to Tina, though before he'd say more, it would look like there were some things they'd have to take care of first, according to the man who called himself the Swede.

Well, business first, pleasure later.

"Well... If you insist on helping, miss, are you any good with weapons? You have any on you?" He would ask the American woman, before drawing his Desert Eagle and cocking it without a moment's notice. Looked like the so-called biker gang had ended up coming around again. Well, the more the merrier, right?

Let's hope so.

@Josh M @Krieg @OrlandoBloomers @-I-n-d-o-l-e-n-t- @C.T. @Kaykay @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Saint Guillotine

"I got a pistol and my lead pipe. I was a wrester before all this, so I know how to use foreign object, and the pistol? I'm from the south, hun. Do you need to ask?"

A smile on her face as winked at the cop.

"Name's Tina Armstrong. You got a name? Or did you leave that in the sand I picked you up from? "

@Verite @Krieg @OrlandoBloomers @-I-n-d-o-l-e-n-t- @C.T. @Kaykay @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Saint Guillotine

n56w8NI.jpg

"Uh, thanks."

I appreciated the guy handing over this crowbar. Could use it to pry open boxes or crack an infected upside the head. But I already had my trusty bat for that. Failing that though, I guess I could see if covering all those wars actually payed off for anything.

As we continued looking around, I found some parts that looked like they'd do the Olds some good if she got bent out of shape. Reaching out, I'd pick up some parts and tucked them away into my jacket. Could just toss them in the backseat. But what I couldn't do was toss away whatever that had been.

"....Did you hear that too? Don't want to think all this business has driven me crazy already."

I tightened my grip around that crowbar as much as I could. Whatever had made that noise sounded like it had a lot of problems already. But if it was someone in need, could I really just walk off? The stomping outside made it clear we didn't have much time to decide.

"I think I've got all that I need here. You want to check out what that noise was? Or do you want to get the hell out of here? I'm partial to either one."

@Jeremi @Krieg

"I am not certain...perhaps it would be best to investigate." AK would grab the shotgun off his back before moving forwards towards where the sound was coming from. "We are already here, might as well check it out."

@Krieg @TheSpringwoodSlasher

tumblr_n7qvjmig7Y1tf4wooo7_400.gif

As soon as the black-clad man vanished into prominent fog, a moment of silence seemed to reign, his form vanishing into the unnatural, artificial fog. The immoral physician was certainly a strange man, not afraid of death or administering death to others. Hearing the clamoring voices behind him, the middle-aged man frowned lightly, biting his lower lip. With an annoyed sigh, he unsheathed his revolver, ejecting the lone bullet casing he had used to execute the presumably infected pilot. Snapping his wrist to pull the handgun's cylinder back into place, the Swede turned around with a collective expression.

Very collective, with the barrel of his Colt Single Action Army pointed directly at Wei's face.

"I am fine, after all," he paused, pointing the revolver away casually. "I am a doctor, ah, I am used to, ah...predicaments." the Swede casually remarked, the black-haired man standing at the side of the crash site. With the engines on fire, yet not exploded, Thor reached down to pick up a a beat up, military-grade Vector SMG. Looking back at Wei and the other two survivors, the fog began to finally clear, showing the remains of the attack helicopter. Outside of the gun, little remained, just cracked glass, twisted steel, and the stench of death.

"I, ah, have seen this before. Before this all happened." he started, shoving the gun into the hands of the young blonde casually. "What this...pestilence does, mmm." Thor explained, stopping to gulp deeply, puffing up his black jacket. With a soft crack to his neck, seeing nothing else of worth at the crash, he stood among the others with an imposing form and even more imposing words.

"The name is the Swede, ah, I am sure all of you aren't fond of engimas, no?" the foreigner started, smiling lightly. "Of course, perhaps we should worry about, mmm, formalities later, yes? We have, ahh...friends that might be waiting for us." the educated soul remarked, his coy tone and mysterious ways suspicious yet truthful.

@Verite @Josh M @Kaykay

It looked like Akagi had been ignored in favor of threatening some other people. But that was probably just temporary, right? The villain couldn't ignore the hero forever. It was a rule of Sentai!

Nope, he was still being ignored. Maybe he wasn't the villain after all. Perhaps he just had good eyesight and shot out the infected from way back there. Impressive! And he had the rugged look of an old master! Ah, how could he have been so blind!

This man before them was obviously going to be the old man leader that helped from behind the scenes, only appearing in the opening act and when the main heroes were in danger!
latest

The specialized hunter, the "Galloper" of such, kept his maddening pursuit on the cracked concrete of Highway 80. With bile freely oozing from his mouth, the abnormally swift abomination cried as he raised his head up. Launching his nimble, lean form up into the air with shocking ease, he avoided the frightening claws of the renowned Yakuza member, vainly trying to slash at the mobster. In doing such a leap, the Galloper cried out as a pistol round entered into his leg, weakening the creature's seemingly ungodly physical coordination. With fury underneath the gouged eyes of the hooded form, the Galloper abruptly shot out a small stream of neon-green ooze towards the tires of Logan's motorbike. This ooze, within ten minutes, would create friction against the tires by burning through the rubber, eventually popping the wheels off entirely.

Letting out a furious slur of maddening gibberish, the Galloper resumed his hunt against the two young sisters on the more modern sportsbike. In his Infected mind, these two seemed the most vulnerable, and easy food was certainly better than no food. Pushing himself further and further, the bloodthirsty hooded enigma made his final pounce up into the air. With a deafening wail, sharpen claws half a foot long extended outwards, his form beaming down to the blonde and her raven-haired sibling.

Before the Galloper could even finish his cry. the blade of the katana pushed itself through it's parched mouth, ceasing the frightening Infected into nothing more than an erratically twitching pile of mutilated flesh, bone, and acidic green ooze running down the katana's blade.

---

"WHAAAAAAAT?! How many of us are there going to be, huh???"

How many people were there now? Waaaay more than 5, 6, or even 7! What kind of insane Sentai squad was this? At this rate, they were going to have an even larger group than the Kyoryugers! Except, they were all the main Rangers! This made no sense at all...

Akagi broke out of his thoughts as the Swede spoke directly to him.

"Yes, that's right! I am..." He thrust his right arm straight out suddenly to his left, before slowly moving it up and to the right. "Tokusou Sentai! DekaRed!"

He wasn't quite sure what the rifle had to do with administering medicine...or if he even had any medicine. They had a cure for these infected things now? Awesome! Except that was a bit of a fast way to be defeating this virus, wasn't it? And a bit sudden!

Ah, hold on. He just meant "shoot the things."

"Roger!"

However, it was obvious he couldn't use the Bimotion Buster by himself! It was the finishing weapon, requiring all of the members to summon! Thus, he needed to gather everyone's might to fend off today's villains! Akagi clenched his fists and put them together in a cross-like formation a little to his left side.

"Everyone! Gather around me, we'll use the Bimotion Buster to defeat them!"

It felt a little cheap to be using the Final Attack already, but if it got the job done it was fine!

@Krieg @Josh M @Verite @OrlandoBloomers @-I-n-d-o-l-e-n-t- @C.T. @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Saint Guillotine

Yang didn't really say much back to Ruby after that beyond the occasional laugh or nod of the head to show she was listening, but that was mainly just because words couldn't really describe how much she appreciated it. Stress didn't come easy to her to begin with; the fact was, all she really needed to keep it from getting to her was something-- anything-- to preoccupy her mind. Even if that something was her adorable baby sister getting up on her soapbox and waxing lyrical about dorky cartoons. Relief had relaxed the tension in her shoulders by the time they and the rest of the bikers pulled into the gas station, the blonde guiding the sportsbike to a smooth halt a reasonable distance away from the rest of the people gathered there and offering them an incongruously casual two-fingered wave in greeting. Phew. Now wasn't the time to let her guard down completely, but at least they had made it here, and that afforded them a few precious seconds to catch their breath.

Or at least it should've. What ended up happening, however, was a few shades off of that prediction, as the enigmatic black-clad man dubbed the Swede sent a few irate remarks their way that anyone who knew Yang would've known the blonde had an approximately zero percent chance of taking lying down. Maybe under normal circumstances she could've let it go. Maybe if it were anyone else on the back of her bike and the guy's choice of words had been less scathing, she would've shrugged it off and focused on the more pressing issues. But since they weren't? And since one of the people the snake chose to spit his venom at was her sister?

She saw red.

A fleeting few seconds after the man said what he did, Yang made a heat-of-the-moment snap decision. She slotted her helmet's visor down once more, wrenched the handlebar and roared the bike's engine to life, pushing down on the gas pedal to direct the vehicle after the doctor, popping a clutch wheelie midway through and veering around his form to screech to a halt before him like some kind of hoodlum terrorizing an elderly person. Whatever his response to that, the young woman's was to dismount the motorcycle and remove her protective headgear, squaring up with the Swede boldly as she whipped her long blonde hair back to shake the helmet out of it and stared him down with gritted teeth and narrowed eyes. Finally, after a tense few moments of silence, she spoke, voice husky and impassioned.

"Nice hat. Ask me what I'll do to it-- and you-- if you ever talk to my little sister that way again."

She maintained eye contact for a few seconds longer before disrespectfully shoving her helmet into his chest, turning her back on him, and gripping her bike to wheel it back over toward the pumps. When that was done (and when she'd taken enough deep breaths to calm down somewhat) she turned to address Ruby, lightly swinging her hand up to tousle her hair and affix her with an affectionate-- if slightly tense-- smirk.

"Hey. You should head inside the gas station, okay? Try find somewhere to hide. Barricade the door if you gotta. I'll come get you soon, but me and the rest of these guys are gonna have to... uh... y'know."

She sighed and rubbed at her brow, moving over to the duffel bag to see if there was anything left inside she could use and giving Akagi a weird look on the way. Well... whatever worked for him.

@Krieg @Josh M @Verite @Kaykay @-I-n-d-o-l-e-n-t- @C.T. @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Saint Guillotine

Yang didn't really say much back to Ruby after that beyond the occasional laugh or nod of the head to show she was listening, but that was mainly just because words couldn't really describe how much she appreciated it. Stress didn't come easy to her to begin with; the fact was, all she really needed to keep it from getting to her was something-- anything-- to preoccupy her mind. Even if that something was her adorable baby sister getting up on her soapbox and waxing lyrical about dorky cartoons. Relief had relaxed the tension in her shoulders by the time they and the rest of the bikers pulled into the gas station, the blonde guiding the sportsbike to a smooth halt a reasonable distance away from the rest of the people gathered there and offering them an incongruously casual two-fingered wave in greeting. Phew. Now wasn't the time to let her guard down completely, but at least they had made it here, and that afforded them a few precious seconds to catch their breath.​
Ruby was more than happy to blather on about anything that wasn't the zombie apocalypse or the impromptu half canadian biker gang they'd apparently joined, and was still going by the time they reached the station "-was when the baseball episode happened, where everyone died, again, but not really... again. And after that- oh." Wow, apparently they weren't the only people who saw the crash, there was a whole bunch of em here o_o. "...hiiii th-"

"...there"

Ruby obviously wasn't sure who the guy with the funny accent was, but he seemed both angry with them and in charge, so whatever meager enthusiasm she was about to work into that hello shrunk into a tiny squeak as she hopped off the bike, readjusting her backpack and sheathe before she rubbed her arms and looked around at everyone else

Why were they all so tall? :T
He had no firearm, but he knew how to pick and choose his fight. And throwing a quick eye around their current surroundings, Shredder would swiftly make his way towards the bag of guns, grabbing a pistol as he readied it with the air of a man used to guns, a strange sight among the relatively normal folks. For one, he had yet to remove his motorcycle helmet. Second, the blades were an obvious custom job, that coupled with the suit and the ragged, red poncho made for a very strange sight, even among this fast-growing post apocalyptic world. It wouldn't be a stretch to refer to him as a Psycho, the term for the survivors who had cracked under the pressure. Shredder himself would begrudgingly agree that he wasn't exactly the poster boy of sanity.

But he knew how to kill and to do it well. That above all else would be needed now. To the others, he was silent as he simply took up position, the mirrored sheen of the helmet visor reflecting the desert around them.
Yay, the creepy ninja motorcycle assassin had found a gun and hadn't immediately turned in on everyone! Yang had obviously just been way too quick to judge-
Or at least it should've. What ended up happening, however, was a few shades off of that prediction, as the enigmatic black-clad man dubbed the Swede sent a few irate remarks their way that anyone who knew Yang would've known the blonde had an approximately zero percent chance of taking lying down. Maybe under normal circumstances she could've let it go. Maybe if it were anyone else on the back of her bike and the guy's choice of words had been less scathing, she would've shrugged it off and focused on the more pressing issues. But since they weren't? And since one of the people the snake chose to spit his venom at was her sister?

She saw red.

A fleeting few seconds after the man said what he did, Yang made a heat-of-the-moment snap decision. She slotted her helmet's visor down once more, wrenched the handlebar and roared the bike's engine to life, pushing down on the gas pedal to direct the vehicle after the doctor, popping a clutch wheelie midway through and veering around his form to screech to a halt before him like some kind of hoodlum terrorizing an elderly person. Whatever his response to that, the young woman's was to dismount the motorcycle and remove her protective headgear, squaring up with the Swede boldly as she whipped her long blonde hair back to shake the helmet out of it and stared him down with gritted teeth and narrowed eyes. Finally, after a tense few moments of silence, she spoke, voice husky and impassioned.

"Nice hat. Ask me what I'll do to it-- and you-- if you ever talk to my little sister that way again."

She maintained eye contact for a few seconds longer before disrespectfully shoving her helmet into his chest, turning her back on him, and gripping her bike to wheel it back over toward the pumps. When that was done (and when she'd taken enough deep breaths to calm down somewhat) she turned to address Ruby, lightly swinging her hand up to tousle her hair and affix her with an affectionate-- if slightly tense-- smirk.

"YANG WHAT THE HECK!?"

Her older sister's staring contest with the large norwegian man was interrupted as Ruby half tackled half bodily dragged Yang away from him as she shot the swede a nervous smile "D-dooon't mind her she's just a liiittle stressed we'll be right back ok? ok"

Once she felt there were an ok distance away she shifted her hands to Yang's shoulders and stared her down. "Yang, what the heck was that!? I know you don't like bad words but we did motorcycle a whole bunch of zombies this way and I think if there was ever a time to be scared or mad or whatever enough to use swear words I think that 'about to be eaten by infected zombie crazies' would be a pretty good ffff.... fffu...."

She couldn't do it e_e. She'd been intending to drop the F-bomb herself to just show Yang that she couldn't just get mad at people like that, especially not on Ruby's on behalf, but... like... Yang and Dad really didn't like swear words. Like really. And while Ruby wasn't scared of her sister or anything (save the occasional terror of accidental suffocation, social or literal), after sixteen years of being raised like that...

"...freaking time for it :|"
"Hey. You should head inside the gas station, okay? Try find somewhere to hide. Barricade the door if you gotta. I'll come get you soon, but me and the rest of these guys are gonna have to... uh... y'know."

She sighed and rubbed at her brow, moving over to the duffel bag to see if there was anything left inside she could use and giving Akagi a weird look on the way. Well... whatever worked for him.​
"...No." Ruby said after a few seconds of genuine thought, resolutely shaking her head. "If you're gonna be out here with all these kinda scary strangers and a whole bunch of zombies, I'm not about to just leave you here while I go hide in a corner somewhere" She continued as she just tagged along behind Yang.-
"Yes, that's right! I am..." He thrust his right arm straight out suddenly to his left, before slowly moving it up and to the right. "Tokusou Sentai! DekaRed!"

He wasn't quite sure what the rifle had to do with administering medicine...or if he even had any medicine. They had a cure for these infected things now? Awesome! Except that was a bit of a fast way to be defeating this virus, wasn't it? And a bit sudden!

Ah, hold on. He just meant "shoot the things."

"Roger!"

However, it was obvious he couldn't use the Bimotion Buster by himself! It was the finishing weapon, requiring all of the members to summon! Thus, he needed to gather everyone's might to fend off today's villains! Akagi clenched his fists and put them together in a cross-like formation a little to his left side.

"Everyone! Gather around me, we'll use the Bimotion Buster to defeat them!"

It felt a little cheap to be using the Final Attack already, but if it got the job done it was fine!​
-for about a second before she saw this debacle waiting to happen and suddenly vanished in that direction.

5GLrIGS.png

"How can I help this sounds so awesome"

@Krieg @Josh M @Verite @Kaykay @-I-n-d-o-l-e-n-t- @C.T. @OrlandoBloomers @Saint Guillotine

Despite the circumstances now or days past, despite the enrapturing heat of the moment even now, Howlett had managed to maintain his composure through it all. A solid mindset of calm and collected as the motorbike roared down the way side by side the others as the galloper marched erratically behind. The mobster's attempt at swinging his claws for the inhuman infected failed, precluding a leaping maneuver. This gave Logan the ample opportunity in disabling the ravening monster via bullet in the calf of a leg. The result went a complete one-hundred eighty of how he expected; Logan found himself on the receiving end of its ire in the form of a thin gout of noxious bile splattering all across the tires of his sportster.

This shattered the solidity of Logan's composure, rightfully so.

qGxMDZP.gif

Forgoing giving way to shock and surprise, Logan asserted a stout modicum of control over the vehicle, a hissing noise discernible amid the din of roaring engines. Even at this speed they were going, even with all this sand, the crap it'd spewed was burning like crazy through the rubber.

Shit. Gotta change the tires before it gets ta tubing else I'm screwed.

The thought aside, Logan jerked his eyes with a sense of urgency for the sisters on the yellow-black sportsbike. That thing had been going for them all along and his effort in helping prevent that didn't seem to do jackshit. The situation with the tires the last thing on his mind now as the girls appeared to be in need of help, Logan again hefted the pistol for the creature--

And found himself surprised.

The driver had decided on making a last stand, with what looked to be a katana of all things, and pulled a stunt that'd definitely get anyone pumped with adrenaline from the sheer action involved. It worked, with their erstwhile 'friend' impaled along the length of the blade. Logan cocked his head momentarily, before a nod followed as he adopted on an expression akin to 'not bad'.

"Damn, nicely done."

Then something mentally clicked as he took in the colors of the motorbike alongside the appearance of its driver and passenger. Brows furrowed and--

"Nah, couldn't be. Better had be elsewhere away from this hellhole."

Now they were pulling into the gas station-- about time, he'd thought-- and as he came to a stop by the pumps, they were greeted by someone who'd looked mighty pissy. As if he'd just bit into a shit sandwich that had sat at the back of the fridge for one too many days. The manner and tone that this ass carried himself with didn't sit too well with Logan either, a fact made blatantly apparent in his features. A scowl followed as the contours of Logan's face pulled taut.

Mt5VSuZ.gif

"Listen bub, I understand you might be unhappy with the noise we've kicked up and the entourage we've garnered for ourselves but..." A sharp nod of the head towards the fallen helicopter nearby-- "They were already comin' this way so forgive me if I think that means shit. I'm going to refill the gas, if there's even any, and see if there're tires I can get to replace mine."

And Logan pointedly ignored the Swede from there on, despite his mention of agreement and the like, as he kicked the kickstand out and alighted the bike to the side. Before vacating his seat, the Canadian made it a point to familiarize himself with the appearance of his fellow 'bikers', neck craning about as he took in everyone else. It was blatantly apparent that the majority were young girls.

"Damn, kids gotta face the apocalypse too huh." Logan softly muttered as he finally vacated the seat, his height and physicality revealed to the others (no Ruby, Logan was not a very tall man; he was a measly five foot three ;| ). They would find that where Logan was wanting physically, he made up for it with a sheer abundance of personality. Bub.

Hands at his sides now as he glanced around, taking a breather now, as his eyes settled on the marred horizon. The dustclouds kicked up by the Infected in their roving stampede made it easy to draw one's eyes to them, and their silhouettes left a sense of dread in Logan. "Better get a move on then---"

Ah. He'd just got to see the driver of the yellow-black bike stand up to the ass from earlier and while most times it would've brought a grin to his face, it only imprinted a sad expression. He recognized Yang Xiao-Long with deft ease. Though his tone changed, marked with an easygoing aloofness, Logan called across to the fiery blonde.

"Ey, I thought I suspected a fireball among us in the crew back there; guess I was right in thinkin' that was yer ride, Yang." A curt nod followed, with the wave of a hand. "Seems like yer stuck with me again. That yer lil' si--"

A young darlin' approached him, unintentionally interrupting him. He glanced to her and got a sense that no matter what, she'd probably have been persistent about it in her question. Not that he could help it and it'd be better if they got off to a nice and smooth start, especially if they were going to be helping one another survive, he just plainly answered. "It's nothin' special, darlin', name's Logan. What can I do ya fer? If you need help with the bike or anything-- nice ride by the way, nice selection-- yer gonna have to follow me inside the station shortly. Gotta replace the tires on mine. Ya saw what happened back there."

Gotta make for small talk now either way, in any direction; it wouldn't take long to replace the tires. But even then, time was not a plentiful commodity for this band of misfits.

@C.T. @OrlandoBloomers @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Krieg

Last edited:
Ah. He'd just got to see the driver of the yellow-black bike stand up to the ass from earlier and while most times it would've brought a grin to his face, it only imprinted a sad expression. He recognized Yang Xiao-Long with deft ease. Though his tone changed, marked with an easygoing aloofness, Logan called across to the fiery blonde.

"Ey, I thought I suspected a fireball among us in the crew back there; guess I was right in thinkin' that was yer ride, Yang." A curt nod followed, with the wave of a hand. "Seems like yer stuck with me again. That yer lil' si--"

A young darlin' approached him, unintentionally interrupting him. He glanced to her and got a sense that no matter what, she'd probably have been persistent about it in her question. Not that he could help it and it'd be better if they got off to a nice and smooth start, especially if they were going to be helping one another survive, he just plainly answered. "It's nothin' special, darlin', name's Logan. What can I do ya fer? If you need help with the bike or anything-- nice ride by the way, nice selection-- yer gonna have to follow me inside the station shortly. Gotta replace the tires on mine. Ya saw what happened back there."

Gotta make for small talk now either way, in any direction; it wouldn't take long to replace the tires. But even then, time was not a plentiful commodity for this band of misfits.

@C.T. @OrlandoBloomers @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Krieg
She averted her eyes from Logan, glancing over to the blonde. Yang, huh? Something to remember for the future. And his reply...so it is him. She had a feeling it was going to be such from the beginning. The chances of it going down like this, she couldn't even fathom. Coming up out of nowhere...a unbelievable coincidence. Probably a strong contender for the most illogical thing she'd experienced all these years. If she could go back in time to even just a few days ago and say to her younger self that soon she would find herself on a random road in Utah, Salt Lake City would be on fire, there'd be a ninja motorcyclist in a cape and her father would show up out of nowhere...she'd have grabbed herself, taken her to a pharmacy and gotten her future self some crazy pills.

But it happened. And with everything happening in the country, she wasn't going to brood further on it. How wasn't even the important question. This was it. The moment she had been anticipating, hoping it would eventually happen one day if she got lucky. Years of her life, imagining a single moment and conversation. This had never been like she had thought it would. A city in flames, zombies on the move...and she stood a full head over her father.

That, she hadn't ever expected.

Still, there was a question to answer. What could he do for me? She closed her eyes, biting her lip briefly once more before her eyes slid back open. This wasn't the backdrop for this. And Laura wasn't sure she trusted her voice to say all the things she wanted to say or even trusted the English language for having the words to properly articulate it. So instead, she just bit her tongue and simply coughed out eventually: "...Logan. I see." She nodded. "Thank you for the assist and the compliment. I believe I get my taste in bikes from family." And an unfortunate biker thug who she took it from, but that didn't warrant mentioning.

"That would also be greatly appreciated. I'll follow your lead." She replied, forcing a smile to her face in place of the questions she wanted to ask and things she wished to say. Perhaps this would even be a better way to find about her father without making it awkward. Not ask him directly, but observe as he showed himself to her through his words and actions. Show, don't tell. Moral character is what you are in the dark. So be it.

YLOuAXR.png

She'd waited a long time for this. A little more wouldn't hurt. "My name's Laura, by the way. Nice to meet you, despite the circumstances."

@-I-n-d-o-l-e-n-t- @Krieg @OrlandoBloomers @Schnee Corp Lawyer

• Bucket of Rainbows

Yang had complied reluctantly with Ruby's intervention, shooting the Swede an eyes-on-you gesture with her hand and looking defiant even in sisterly pacification as she was dragged away. She knew her sister meant well, but she stood by everything she said and did, and her fiery temper subsiding somewhat didn't change that in the least. That stiff old jerk could talk all the smack he wanted... provided it was to her. Anyone who knew what was good for them would leave Ruby alone.

Speaking of leaving Ruby alone, Yang frowned just a little as her request wasn't complied with, squatting down to dig through the gym bag with her back to Ruby as she gave her response.

"Sis, please. It's too dangerous. If anything were to happen to you, I'd..."

uRvwHuq.png

"I'd have nothing left."

All the more reason to keep her safe, she guessed. Which was gonna be a way bigger mountain to climb if Ruby didn't actually, y'know... listen to her. The blonde-haired older sister sighed, pausing her searching the bag for a few moments to dust off her hands thoughtfully, gaze drifting to the dry orange dirt paving the gas station floor.

"Look, the truth is... I've been having a hard time since this whole mess kicked off. Like, a really hard time. I know, I know, everyone has, and even saying that out loud sounds dumb and self-important, but... I lost my best friend. The people I thought were my friends kicked me out of my hometown. Dad's... well, I'm sure he's safe, but odds are we're still not gonna see him for a while. It's just... it feels like everything I used to know is changing, y'know? Everything except you. You're my baby sister and the only friend I have left. I wanna hold onto that. It's why I won't give up... well, that and I'm stubborn."

She chuckled, returning her attention to the bag. C'mon, there had to be something good in here! There was a shotgun-shaped hole in her heart.

"Don't worry, I don't expect you to do everything I say. I just need you to be careful is all. If you really wanna stay out here and help, that's fine, but know that if you even look like you're in trouble at any stage I'm gonna throw your skinny butt in the trunk of that guy's Impala and leave the lock on, okay? So let's beat up some zombies and not get hurt!"

She pumped her fist emphatically in the air, springing to her feet and spinning around in place with a sunny grin to slap Ruby five.
-for about a second before she saw this debacle waiting to happen and suddenly vanished in that direction.

5GLrIGS.png

@Krieg @Josh M @Verite @Kaykay @-I-n-d-o-l-e-n-t- @C.T. @OrlandoBloomers @Saint Guillotine

But no one came.

tdZ0tFe.png

"H... How long have I been talking to myself...?"

Did Ruby even hear a single word of that?

Yang was contemplating the hollowness of existence when the gruff-spoken voice snapped her from her thoughts, prompting her to blink and look over in its source's direction, eyes crinkled in faint recognition. A huge grin broke across her face before long, and she bounded over to straight-up tackle the grizzled man in a hug, standing five inches taller than him in full.

"Master Logan! I'm so glad you're here!"

You know how many legitimate martial art dojos there were in Salt Lake City? A bunch, but Logan's was the best. She'd learned a lot from the little guy.

When she was, like, 11. But you know what? He hadn't changed a bit! He was still as short and hairy as ever.

@Krieg @Josh M @Verite @Kaykay @-I-n-d-o-l-e-n-t- @C.T. @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Saint Guillotine

"I got a pistol and my lead pipe. I was a wrester before all this, so I know how to use foreign object, and the pistol? I'm from the south, hun. Do you need to ask?"

A smile on her face as winked at the cop.

"Name's Tina Armstrong. You got a name? Or did you leave that in the sand I picked you up from? "

@Verite @Krieg @OrlandoBloomers @-I-n-d-o-l-e-n-t- @C.T. @Kaykay @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Saint Guillotine
2182327-sleeping_dogs_story_trailer.jpg

"A wrestler from the South who knows her way around weapons, huh? You really are the full package, huh? In more ways than one," the man said to Tina, eyeing her briefly, before replying to her inquiry, "Name's Wei. Wei Shen. Uh... Wished we coulda met under better circumstances, Tina, but I guess beggars can't be choosers," he said, aiming his Desert Eagle at the air, getting a feel for his weapon again.

Mundane work as a police officer had dulled his senses in the past year. Contrary to what the movies showed, most of the time it was never actually fast, heated car chases fueled by gunshots in the air and whatnot. Most of it actually just involved pulling over drunk drivers, trying to stomach the sight when you realize that the drunk driver is also naked, resisting the urge to punch him in the face when he starts pissing or barfing (or both) on your shoe, and so on.

And paperwork. Lots and lots of paperwork.

But now... Now was the time for some excitement, finally.

@Josh M @Krieg

5GLrIGS.png

At least one of the other Rangers knew what they were talking about! What color was she? Judging by her pajamas, she was...Red? That couldn't be right, he was Red! Was she a replacement? No, no, wait! Look closer! She could be...Pink! And she even came with Yellow! Yes, that was two alrea-

Ah. Yellow kind of walked off and ignored him. It seemed the rest of the team was as well. Oh well! This was merely the first battle, the first episode! It was up to him to show off the great power of the Sentai Squad and convince the others to help protect the Earth!

"That's right! This will be awesome! Now, what's your name? Well, in any case, you have to transform first!"

ep206screen02_zps46e2a30c.jpg

He took out the Aoi-tan action figure and passed it to Ruby.

"Thrust it out fiercely, with the courage of a roaring lion, before pulling it to your side, like the treasured katana of a great samurai! Then, with all of the might you can muster inside yourself, yell 'Transform!' You too can become a Ranger! You just have to believe, in your own power, in justice, and most importantly, in yourself!"

Akagi took a few steps back as he waited for Ruby to transform herself into a Ranger. Hopefully the strength of her delusions would let her at least imagine she actually would transform. Then they could be delusional together!

"I believe in you..."

What was a good name for this new team?

"...Kansenger Pink! Now, show me your strength!"

@Krieg @Josh M @Verite @OrlandoBloomers @-I-n-d-o-l-e-n-t- @C.T. @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Saint Guillotine

2182327-sleeping_dogs_story_trailer.jpg

"A wrestler from the South who knows her way around weapons, huh? You really are the full package, huh? In more ways than one," the man said to Tina, eyeing her briefly, before replying to her inquiry, "Name's Wei. Wei Shen. Uh... Wished we coulda met under better circumstances, Tina, but I guess beggars can't be choosers," he said, aiming his Desert Eagle at the air, getting a feel for his weapon again.

Mundane work as a police officer had dulled his senses in the past year. Contrary to what the movies showed, most of the time it was never actually fast, heated car chases fueled by gunshots in the air and whatnot. Most of it actually just involved pulling over drunk drivers, trying to stomach the sight when you realize that the drunk driver is also naked, resisting the urge to punch him in the face when he starts pissing or barfing (or both) on your shoe, and so on.

And paperwork. Lots and lots of paperwork.

But now... Now was the time for some excitement, finally.

@Josh M @Krieg
Tina raised her eyebrow, a coil smiled appeared on her lips as she looked a Wei.

"Hey, like you say, beggar's can't be choosers, right? Better us me now than ever. Also The full package than one, huh? What is that supposed to mean? What do you know about Full packages?"

Tina would turn around her, her eyes turned to the new people, Ruby, Yang, Logan and the others, before addressing them.

"Hi Ya'll. Not the best time to introduce my self, but if we're going to work together, better share name's, right? I'm Tina."

She averted her eyes from Logan, glancing over to the blonde. Yang, huh? Something to remember for the future. And his reply...so it is him. She had a feeling it was going to be such from the beginning. The chances of it going down like this, she couldn't even fathom. Coming up out of nowhere...a unbelievable coincidence. Probably a strong contender for the most illogical thing she'd experienced all these years. If she could go back in time to even just a few days ago and say to her younger self that soon she would find herself on a random road in Utah, Salt Lake City would be on fire, there'd be a ninja motorcyclist in a cape and her father would show up out of nowhere...she'd have grabbed herself, taken her to a pharmacy and gotten her future self some crazy pills.

But it happened. And with everything happening in the country, she wasn't going to brood further on it. How wasn't even the important question. This was it. The moment she had been anticipating, hoping it would eventually happen one day if she got lucky. Years of her life, imagining a single moment and conversation. This had never been like she had thought it would. A city in flames, zombies on the move...and she stood a full head over her father.

That, she hadn't ever expected.

Still, there was a question to answer. What could he do for me? She closed her eyes, biting her lip briefly once more before her eyes slid back open. This wasn't the backdrop for this. And Laura wasn't sure she trusted her voice to say all the things she wanted to say or even trusted the English language for having the words to properly articulate it. So instead, she just bit her tongue and simply coughed out eventually: "...Logan. I see." She nodded. "Thank you for the assist and the compliment. I believe I get my taste in bikes from family." And an unfortunate biker thug who she took it from, but that didn't warrant mentioning.

"That would also be greatly appreciated. I'll follow your lead." She replied, forcing a smile to her face in place of the questions she wanted to ask and things she wished to say. Perhaps this would even be a better way to find about her father without making it awkward. Not ask him directly, but observe as he showed himself to her through his words and actions. Show, don't tell. Moral character is what you are in the dark. So be it.

YLOuAXR.png

She'd waited a long time for this. A little more wouldn't hurt. "My name's Laura, by the way. Nice to meet you, despite the circumstances."

First things first:

KWFxNwH.png

Logan caught the subliminal comparison of Laura's in between his height and hers. Thinking of it as the usual, Logan's response was a minuscule shrug; ain't nothing new and ain't hurting anyone. Besides, he'd just met her and she seemed nice, despite how logically she came across in her demeanor.

"Yeap, that's my name. And anytime, darlin'. Just know if we're travelin' together, I'll try to help ya. I've got a feelin' we're going to need to stick together if we want to make through this. "

Then he added.

"Family's got good taste-- wouldn't mind chattin' with yer ol' man sometime.' First though, I'll see about my tires before I look over yer bike." He gestured after her before remembering he'd tried to talk to Yang earlier--​

Yang was contemplating the hollowness of existence when the gruff-spoken voice snapped her from her thoughts, prompting her to blink and look over in its source's direction, eyes crinkled in faint recognition. A huge grin broke across her face before long, and she bounded over to straight-up tackle the grizzled man in a hug, standing five inches taller than him in full.

"Master Logan! I'm so glad you're here!"

You know how many legitimate martial art dojos there were in Salt Lake City? A bunch, but Logan's was the best. She'd learned a lot from the little guy.

When she was, like, 11. But you know what? He hadn't changed a bit! He was still as short and hairy as ever.​

Eyes closed shut as he exhaled softly, chuckling now. Too late. He braced himself for impact, already visibly wincing before Yang crashed into him in her usual aplomb, with her stronger-than-an-ox bear hug taking hold. It took Logan a fair bit more than the usual to keep himself vertical.

He fondly remembered Yang Xiao-Long as the little girl that came to his dojo with her father, to learn self defense. From the start, he could tell she was a feisty one, tough even for an eleven year old, and from there on he'd taken to calling her 'Fireball'. It was fitting, especially with what he remembered happening to any unlucky sod who'd tried grabbing her hair in the usual manner of take-downs.

Needless to say, those never ended well, and he personally saw to Yang receiving private lessons with slight accommodations in his teaching material. Yang had a real knack for fighting and what better reason than teaching her well enough that she could protect herself? She was one of the many stars of his dojo and there was a certain fondness for the young woman.

"Oof. Still hittin' like a mack truck there, Fireball. You've been practicing, haven't cha?" He managed out, returning the hug in unequal measure, a squeeze tight finalized with the patting of the back before separating. That was if Yang was willing. : | "Was that yer lil' sister I saw earlier?"
Tina raised her eyebrow, a coil smiled appeared on her lips as she looked a Wei.

"Hey, like you say, beggar's can't be choosers, right? Better us me now than ever. Also The full package than one, huh? What is that supposed to mean? What do you know about Full packages?"

Tina would turn around her, her eyes turned to the new people, Ruby, Yang, Logan and the others, before addressing them.

"Hi Ya'll. Not the best time to introduce my self, but if we're going to work together, better share name's, right? I'm Tina."

Another interruption... might as well get it over with--

"Fer everyone's convenience, just call me Logan! If ya don't got a sour attitude and are pretty lively about wantin' to live and the like, we oughta get along just fine."

@C.T. @Josh M @ @OrlandoBloomers @AnyoneElse​

Last edited:
First things first:

KWFxNwH.png

Logan caught the subliminal comparison of Laura's in between his height and hers. Thinking of it as the usual, Logan's response was a minuscule shrug; ain't nothing new and ain't hurting anyone. Besides, he'd just met her and she seemed nice, despite how logically she came across in her demeanor.

"Yeap, that's my name. And anytime, darlin'. Just know if we're travelin' together, I'll try to help ya. I've got a feelin' we're going to need to stick together if we want to make through this. "

Then he added.

"Family's got good taste-- wouldn't mind chattin' with yer ol' man sometime.' First though, I'll see about my tires before I look over yer bike." He gestured after her before remembering he'd tried to talk to Yang earlier--​

Eyes closed shut as he exhaled softly, chuckling now. Too late. He braced himself for impact, already visibly wincing before Yang crashed into him in her usual aplomb, with her stronger-than-an-ox bear hug taking hold. It took Logan a fair bit more than the usual to keep himself vertical.

He fondly remembered Yang Xiao-Long as the little girl that came to his dojo with her father, to learn self defense. From the start, he could tell she was a feisty one, tough even for an eleven year old, and from there on he'd taken to calling her 'Fireball'. It was fitting, especially with what he remembered happening to any unlucky sod who'd tried grabbing her hair in the usual manner of take-downs.

Needless to say, those never ended well, and he personally saw to Yang receiving private lessons with slight accommodations in his teaching material. Yang had a real knack for fighting and what better reason than teaching her well enough that she could protect herself? She was one of the many stars of his dojo and there was a certain fondness for the young woman.

"Oof. Still hittin' like a mack truck there, Fireball. You've been practicing, haven't cha?" He managed out, returning the hug in unequal measure, a squeeze tight finalized with the patting of the back before separating. That was if Yang was willing. : | "Was that yer lil' sister I saw earlier?"

Another interruption... might as well get it over with--

"Fer everyone's convenience, just call me Logan! If ya don't got a sour attitude and are pretty lively about wantin' to live and the like, we oughta get along just fine."​

"That they do." She answered with a shadow of a grin playing at her lips. One that vanished when he brought up having a chat with her father.

tumblr_inline_nwrbhnPJNa1tdgr1p_100.png

"Perhaps someday. I think you and...my dad would really like each other." She finished quietly, falling into silence as she observed him and Yang reuniting. A fierce hug returned casually...and she'd called him "Master." Teacher? Something else? She had no clue but wasn't about to pry. At least this implies he's pretty good with kids. That brought back the hint of the smirk on her face. "I'll just...get out of your way until then."

Laura stepped away, forgoing further introductions and instead, strolling off closer to Shredder, the smirk still present on her face but not quite reaching her eyes. She supposed this is what she deserved. To watch someone else hug her dad while she just watched, unsure of what to say or if even to say anything at all.

But no matter. "You're quiet, even for me. And that's saying something." She noted, glancing at Shredder.

@-I-n-d-o-l-e-n-t- @OrlandoBloomers @Saint Guillotine

Status
Not open for further replies.