Knight on Time

"She's cute." The worker said with a giggle.

Mariland was going to take a bit to get her armor back on.

Joel nodded in agreement. "Very beautiful, yes," he replied.

She giggled more and nodded. Eventually Mariland back out with the clothes. The worker smiled.

"I'll meet you at the registers." She said.

"Would you like help carrying your clothes?" He asked as she came back out with the clothes.

She shook her head. "I can handle it. Could you grab the shoes though?" She asked. She headed towards where the worker was waiting for them.

Joel nodded once and grabbed the shoes for her and followed her to the register.

The worker happily took care of the clothes and security tags. It was a bit pricy but they had some solid starting pieces.

Joel wasn't too worried about the price, and as long as the clothes were able to last, he wasn't bothered. He slid his card into the card-reader.

Mariland didn't know much about how much it actually was but he didn't seem unhappy. The worker happily took care of them, bagging everything and printing a receipt. She handed Mariland the bag and Joel the receipt. "Come again!" She said happily.

"Thank you," Joel replied, taking the receipt and putting it into his pocket.

"Thank you for shopping with us today." The worker said.

Mariland smiled a bit and looked to Joel. "Shall we go now?" She asked as they stepped away from the register.

He nodded. "Yup, let's go," Joel replied, starting to walk towards the door.

Mariland followed after him with a gentle smile. She was glad to have someone like him around as her charge. He was a kind man in her eyes.

He led her back to the car, offering to take her bags and put them in the back. "Well? What did you think of your first modern clothes shopping experience?"

She let him take the bags and shrugged. "Less invasive than what it used to be. She didn't even take any measurements....just looked at me and had sizes....it's so strange." She said.

Joel placed her stuff in the back before moving around to open her door. "Yeah, usually experienced workers like her are pretty good at it. Some of the more...wealthy...people do get their measurements taken still."

Mariland smiled. "I see. Well that was much easier than I expected." She said before carefully getting in.

He closed the door after she got in and went around to get in as well. "It was? I'm glad," he replied, starting up the car. "Were you expecting it to take hours?"

"Yes, After all in my times there weren't always items ready and your measurements had to be taken." She explained as she looked to him.

He nodded. "That makes sense. Manufacturers produce all kinds of clothes of just about all sizes, and most the time people can usually find something that suits them."