Knight on Time

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
She took his hand with a smile. "Yes I'm more than ready." She said as she got up. She was content to head off and get away from there.

"Bueno," he replied, the word heavy with a bad English accent. Joel began to lead the way out of the casual restaurant and back to his car.

Mariland smiled and followed him happily. Ayeric frowned seeing them leave. He kept note on them for now.

After he exited the building, some tension left his shoulders. "So, would you like to choose where we go next time?"

"Next time let us go somewhere with seafood." Mariland answered with a warm smile. "I recall loving fish."

Joel nodded. "Deal. You'll just have to smack me over the head if I suggest anywhere else," he replied with a light chuckle.

Mariland let out a soft laugh. "I will keep that in mind. But I doubt I will need to. A simple reminder should be enough." She said with a nod. "Though perhaps we should consider more.....errr era appropriate attire for me?"

"Yeah, I would prefer a simple reminder instead." Joel paused, glancing up and down at her armor. "Yeah, we should definitely do that. Do you know what kind of clothes you'd like, or have you seen anything on anyone that you think you would like?"

"As long as it is simple I think I would be all right with anything," Mariland said with a smile. "I have not paid much attention but I suppose simple pants and a shirt will do well. My boots will work fine."

Joel got close enough to unlock the car. "Well, you'll have a lot of options, and you're coming in with me, so you can choose the clothes that you want."

"Of course. And I am sure we have to choose sizes......I don't recall my measurements. It has been far too long." She laughed a bit as she followed him to the car. "I will have to defer a bit to your judgement. As long as I don't stand out too much it should be fine."

"I think anything at the store should be able to blend you in more than what you're wearing now," he said in a joking manner. "But as for sizes, we'll get something figured out."

She let out a soft laugh and nodded. "Indeed but I do not want to stand out in other ways." She agreed. "I would imagine keeping it understated will work."

Joel grinned, moving to open the passenger door for her. "I can't argue with you on that. We'll get you a decent wardrobe."

Mariland smiled and nodded. "Thank you Joel," She said before climbing in and slowly working on buckling herself. She was glad that they could have a good time.

He nodded once in return. "Yeah, no problem." He shut her door as soon as he was sure he wouldn't slam something in the door. He then went around and got into his seat.

Mariland sat and waited for him once she was buckled. She relaxed and smiled once he got in. "It was certainly a treat today. Thank you."

He smiled, starting up his car. "Yeah. It wasn't a problem. For the most part, I had a good time."

"Indeed.....aside from the annoyance we had at the beginning we were able to enjoy a meal." She said before seeing to think to herself. How did he find them and why? It bothered her.

He began to drive away, kind of just driving in a general direction, figuring that they would most likely come upon a women's clothing store.