Knight on Time

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Mariland smiled and picked up a fork, happily pulling a plate to her. She carefully got a bite on the fork and gave it a try. Her eyes widened, then shut as she smiled and savored the flavor.

Joel grinned. "Thoughts?" He asked.

"So wonderful. Buttery and sweet....." Mariland answered still savoring the taste. "I have not had something so decadent in....well...ever."

He continued to grin. "Get used to it. That's kind of the standard for most desserts these days."

"You are very spoiled in this time. Living like kings." Mariland let out a soft laugh before going in for more. She seemed to enjoy it quite a bit.

Joel nodded his head from side to side. "Sometimes, in some ways, sure." He fell silent, letting her enjoy the cakes.

"You are in every way compared to my previous master. Well...except for perhaps dealing with that pest of a mother." She said between bites. She seemed more relaxed now, able to ignore the guy still watching them from afar.

Joel gave her a look. "I don't know if that's good or bad. Being compared to your previous master, anyways." He winced at the mention of his mother. "I don't know what to tell you. She's still technically family even if she is nasty."

Marilandd smiled. "I would assume it would be much harder to move away and cut ties with her." She said, "don't worry about being compared. We lived a simple and meager life."

Joel shrugged. "Yeah, probably. I prefer to find a decent job somewhere else with decent housing, but I have had no luck. If anything, at least your previous lifestyle will allow you to be more appreciative of the things most take for granted."

"Well perhaps your luck will change." Mariland smiled at him as she ate. She finished the cake and let out a happy sigh.

"Yeah, maybe. But wouldn't that mean you would have to come with me?" He asked.

"Yes. It would. After all I am bound to protect you and all you own." She nodded.

"Yeahhhh it can probably wait for a few more years, then, don't you think?"

Mariland smiled. "You need not worry about me. I can handle anything." She said proudly. She wasn't worried about more changes. She'd have to learn to adapt like she always did.

"Yeah, I like to think I've learned that fairly quickly," he chuckled. "But even so, it takes a while for everything to fall into place. It might happen, it might not." He shrugged.

"Well we will just have to wait and see. But I enjoyed the meal." She said. Soon their waitress returned with their bill.

Joel nodded once. "Good. I was hoping you would." He took the bill, moving to pay it.

Mariland let him pay and just relaxed a little. It felt nice to know that she had a chance to just get to know him and try something new. It was so strange but great.

Joel moved over to offer her a hand. "Are you ready to get out of here?"