Kelmont: Deep-Rooted Conflicts (High Fantasy Adventure!)

T

TheQueensGuard

Original poster
3091a017b704dd6c24339700f4a16ff4.jpg

Kel, a nation of predominantly humans in a world of Elves, Dwarves, Fae and many other exotic races. While no country on the continent of Kelmont is particularly peaceful, Kel is still recovering from war from a little more than half a century ago.
This is where our story will begin, in the sleepy township of Crownfield.

Crownfield is located towards the western side of Kel, where it has begin setting up for its yearly Harvest of Cornaith. A popular festival, people come from all across Kel to participate in the gathering. Traders come to sell their goods, adventures come to tell stories or look for new jobs and noble families travel here to take park in games, activities and a feast. While the festival is still almost two weeks away, people have already began setting up stands to sell goods and the town is being decorated.
Despite the hopes of a joyful festival, many of the locals aren't too chipper. A group of guards disappeared after quickly riding out of town. Rumors say its due to Orcs, while others say simple bandits.

~~~​
Thanks for checking out my interest check! I have already put in a lot of work into the world, so now its time to see if anyone would be interested in RPing in it :D
This information includes a list of races, ecosystems, countries and religions. I may try and make a map (or maybe even have one commissioned!)
All this information won't be required to read, just the stuff pertaining to your character. I plan on this to being a lengthier RP where our characters start out being simple adventurers before turning into something more grand. There may be breaks between story arcs/chapters, and there is always room for personal arcs!
There will be no required dice rolling or DnD-like system, just good old fashion writing! I may use dice for my posts to add an extra element of chance for the fun of it.​

• No dice rolling or D-20 system!​
  • I'd like everyone to be able to do at least a paragraph per post, though longer is accepted too!
    I'll only accept 4-6 other writers, one character per person. Once you have a character accepted, I'll allow you to have a second character if you'd like! Just be sure to show each character proper attention.​
  • Want to add a place, race or something else to the world? Just ask! I'm flexible and open to working with you if your idea is within reason :)​
  • A discord will be made as well!​
We are people within the town. Either locals preparing for the festival, travelers looking for work or maybe one of the young members of a noble house coming here to start your festivities early. The RP will begin with us doing our own thing, then one way or another we are going to be hired to retrieve a family heirloom in the city of Destrum, a once great city ravaged by an Orcish Warband almost a century ago. Hopefully we will be back in time for the festival! (or die trying).
After that we all will talk about where to take the story after that :D
Any questions? Feel free to ask!

Last edited by a moderator:
Interested. Would love to know a bit more about the world's culture(s) for character building.

Reactions: TheQueensGuard
Interested. Would love to know a bit more about the world's culture(s) for character building.
For sure! I'll go ahead and work on an OOC with links to all the information, should be up tonight

@Verran
Got the OOC up! Normally wait to garner some interest, but figured some people would like to see some more information of the world before they say they are interested or not.

@Applo @Dipper Saw you two react to it, take a look if you're interested :D

Reactions: Verran
Really interested in diving into this world! Love building and having characters meet in due time.
Would love to know more about the races and so forth :)

If you're still taking people in, I'd definitely be interested in this. Can't say no to some dope high fantasy :)

I'm also down for this ^-^

I'm looking but also kinda scatter brained atm so I dunno what I'll do.

Join @Applo . That is the only true recourse. For I am a completely and totally trustworthy source who lacks any form of ultimate bias in any way, shape, or form. In short, you can trust me.

@Applo
What Verran said! Plus if things get too hectic you can always drop out, I won' take offense :)

Will this to be a redstar group with violence, dark themes, etc?