Juvenile Rehabilitation Academy IC

Takumi Souta
The following introductions went by as normal as one could expect. It was rather boring truth be told, as could be seen with how the only thing keeping Takumi's head propped up off the desk was his hand. Not even turning his head when voices spoke, if they were behind him, he stared forward. If they were to the side, he simply glanced in their direction somewhat.

One might have thought that a so-called vigilante would have been more interested in the crimes of his peers at a prison school, but at the level they were all at, as could be proven by the introductions of those after them, the crimes were negligible. Takumi didn't care about druggies or tresspassing or minor theft--Well, obviously he did. You shouldn't do that and if you tried you needed a smack in the mouth. The point was, however, was that the people in this class weren't the types that he focused on. Besides, they had all been caught and punished, hence why they were here.

One by one they went. The girl behind him seemed to be guilty of stereotypical rebellious teenager things. The guy following her appeared rather impressed by Takumi's own crime. The next omitted her own wrong-doings--Suspicious. However, while suspicious, Takumi found the foreigner to be weirder. Animal friends? What the hell did that mean? However, her introduction was easily outdone by what occurred next.

The tall, pretty-boy talking to some girls at the beginning of class went next. Everything was normal, until he got to his crime. Upon pausing, and even repetition of some words, Takumi turned his head to watch him more closely. The guy, introduced as Daisuke, seemed to freeze. He didn't even just skip passed his crimes like one of the girls before him. It was strange, and it was made evident why by the next person who entered the room.

A man, assumed to be one of the teachers, interjected and performed Daisuke's introduction for him, detailing that he tried to rape a girl in broad daylight and beat the hell out of a few guys who tried to stop him. The accused didn't seem to interject to this, but rather freeze even more, not even moving when the man grabbed him and tossed him to the ground. He just sat there.

Everyone seemed to have their own reactions to the news. Some eyed him warily while one girl surprisingly came to his side. Takumi merely clicked his tongue in annoyance.

"Tch... Where the hell does Ponyboy get off being so cocky..." He grumbled to himself.

Takumi was familiar with Metal Hunk, at least in the sense he had seen him in headlines and T.V. He never had anything against the man, but then again he never met the guy, not at some kind of signing event and certainly not as a delinquent at juvy school. Obviously he wasn't going to simply try to rehabilitate them and was going to push them for doing what they did as punishment as well. And if he couldn't restrain himself from treating a groper like that, he likely wouldn't treat Takumi much better considering his own actions and what kind of people his parents were.

Still, it wasn't as if Takumi disagreed with him in regards to Daisuke. The question was if that was the full story. Looking at Daisuke, still sitting on the ground, Takumi narrowed his eyes. He would confirm himself later. Maybe that bastard ponytail was full of crap, but if he was spot on, Daisuke would have more to worry about than PE.

"...Can we get on with this already? Or is another asshole gonna barge in?" Takumi questioned to no one in particular before glancing once again to Daisuke. "Oi, pretty-boy. How long are you gonna sit there, huh? Didn't even put up a fight when said all that an' now you're just gonna mope on the ground?"

@EternalInfinity @Others in class

Reese waited in back as the class filled up with a variety of criminal misfits, and some even joined her in the back of the room, well at least it might help her blend in a bit more unless they turned out to be chatty or class clowns or something like that...
The teacher seemed oddly laid back for someone in charge of a bunch of super powered criminals, she concluded that it must either be an act, or she was the only one who would take them.
When the introductions started she got a little nervous, she had never been great at talking about herself, and in recent years had become even more awkward, what if she stuttered or squeaked? Or her voice cracked? Or she blew up the ball that they insisted on throwing around that she would probably fail to catch anyway?

Her worries were enough that she barely noticed most of the crimes, though her head snapped to the speaker when she heard the word molester, shock quickly replaced by confusion as she took in the so called molester.
He... Didn't look like the kind of guy to do that, of course appearances could be tricky, but she had met molesters, and they didn't tend to react like him... She concluded that she at least wouldn't judge him until she knew for sure, someone she DID judge however was the teacher taking such pride in putting him down, she hated tough guys like that, he was probably just here for the chance to bully someone who couldn't fight back.

She WAS however quite pleased that the weird introduction ball game thing was over before reaching her, as it seemed she wouldn't need to introduce herself... Of course it was then that a whole different set of worries took over.
She hadn't introduced herself, no one knew her name or what crime she committed, maybe they wouldn't want to talk to her? She may not have been very social but she did want SOME friends...

Reactions: Xenotrix Metamorph
--------------------
Toguro Hayakawa
"Nightmist"

-------------------
Toguro had been observing the students with a mild enthusiasm. While his face was mostly hidden and he maintained a pretty calm demeanor, there was the faintest hint of a smile behind his mask. This situation brought up memories from when he had been in the first JRA class. As a youth, he had payed a great deal of attention to the news regarding heroes and villains, and had wound up in a dark place, acting as a criminal. When the heroes of the city were discussing a new method of reducing the number of people in prison while simultaneously seeking to prevent more wrong-side-of-the-tracks youth from becoming villains, the JRA was founded. The program's purpose, obviously, was to rehabilitate youth and attempt to allow them to correct their path, to atone for their misdeeds, and maybe, just maybe, become paragons of good instead of petty criminals. Now, he was a teacher for the program, with the goal of preventing these kids from staying on the darker paths they had chosen or fallen into. Toguro himself was proof that it could work, and he was adamant about continuing that legacy by successfully rehabilitating these kids.

Toguro had already read all of the case files thoroughly for these kids, so understanding their offenses and their quirks was already taken care of, but, this was for the sake of the students, not the teachers. As each student went by, he calculated what kind of lessons it would take to not only test them, but to help them know why they were here. And, of course, to help them succeed. While one of them was introducing himself, another member of the JRA faculty arrived. Metalman wasn't scheduled to be here yet, and it seemed that he arrived early solely because he had a special interest in Daisuke. At first, Toguro just let the man talk, explaining the alleged crime that Daisuke had committed, a particularly heinous one, as it turned out. However, Metalman suddenly became aggressive, even more so than he had usually been. Which was unfortunately saying something. The man slammed the student onto the ground, prompting one of the students to go to him. That was officially too much. Toguro rose from the corner of his desk, taking a few steps toward his fellow teacher. The man had noticed his comrade Encore getting up to speak, but he put his hand back to tell her he would handle it.

Metalman was a couple of inches shorter than Toguro, but had a more muscled physique. While both men could be intimidating, from a first look, one would definitely assume that Metalman was the stronger and more dangerous person. However, Toguro's primary strengths weren't so forthright. The young man crossed his arms, looking sternly at Metalman before speaking.

"Metalman, you're early. More importantly, for now, you're unwelcome. This student, and he is that, a student, isn't deserving of this aggressive behavior, and I assure you, it will not be tolerated so long as I am here. I have read all of the case files, and the evidence against Daisuke was mostly circumstantial. It was just as, if not more so, likely that he was innocent of the crime. Besides, our job here isn't to pass judgment, it's to educate. Or have you forgotten that? If you just want to beat on people you deem guilty, might I suggest a position as a prison guard or a warden? If you're going to be here, you need to behave more professionally, like you give a damn. Otherwise, you have no place here."

Toguro's voice was even and stern, the natural depth to his voice shifting in tone at key intervals to ensure that he enunciated his points properly. As he spoke, he also approached the other man, his eyes narrowing to express his distaste and irritation, the amber orbs meeting the other man's gaze.

"Remember, these children are students first and criminals second. If we want them to be better, then WE have to be better. The only thing worse than a criminal..." Toguro's voice drifted, his eyes narrowing and his face forming an obvious scowl under his mask before he continued; "...is a hero that acts like one."

Toguro let his words linger for a few moments before he turned from Metalman, approaching Daisuke, leaning down slightly to offer his hand to the student. "Come on, young man, on your feet. You're all here to become better people, responsible members of society, and perhaps more. I myself went through this program, so, I have been where you are all now. I know how it feels, and I know that since I overcame the obstacles you will be encountering, that you have the capability to succeed."

The teacher's face had changed as well as his body language, seeming to loosen up with a comforting smile on his face, his expression showing only slightly through his mask.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lusterine
Kei watched out of the corner of his eye as they all introduced themselves. Kei kept looking out the window as they spoke not paying attention whose voice matched who. Suddenly something happened to draw his attention back to the classroom introductions. Another pro Hero came in and started making a fuss over a kid named Daisuke. He was calm but suddenly went mental, he picked up the kid and roughed him up like he was already convicted of the accused crime.

Kei looked around most of their faces were cringing from the story, but this Hero seemed off. He used his overwhelming strength to slam Daisuke into the ground as hard as he could. Then picked up the intro ball and threw it at Kei with all his might. He saw it coming even with his quirk he wasnt fast enough to dodge it, it still hit his cheek. Luckily it only grazed him as it hit the wall embedding itself into the drywall. A cut opened up on the stun boys face "Are you serious!" Kei shouted as he reached up to stop the blood dripping from his cheek. He was usually laid back but he had enough.

He got up quickly causing his chair to fly back. "Who the hell does this guy think he is." He walked up to Encore, "is that how this stupid program works? You guys beat the shit out of us until we "behave" thats bullshit." He walked over to Daisuke he looked at him and decided to at least hear him out. "Is what that metal jerk said true?" He asked trying to see if their circumstances were similar. "Oh yeah," he said looking at the group of kids ignoring Encore and the masked teacher. "Im Kei, my quirk allows me to ride any surface, so i called it hoverboard. My alleged" he glared at the heros sitting at the front of clas. "Crime was reckless endangerment, and assault but." He looked down at Daisuke "im innocent, the old man that i supposedly assaulted got in my face as i was trying to catch my balance after a failed trick. He got in the way to try to yell at me and ended up getting both me and himself hurt." He stood up and faced the class "so lets hear this guys side of things before we take that guys word for it. I mean look at him he looks looks decent enough, he doesn't need to resort to forcing himself on a girl." With that he said his peace and returned to his seat. He pulled tje ball out of the dry wall and tossed it up front. "Im returnong this he said" as he tossed it to Encore. He looked at the masked teacher and wondered if he was gonna be cool or turn out to be a psycho like the metal jerk.

Last edited by a moderator:
Encore watched as the ball went to one student, then another. She paid close attention to each person, from the way they spoke right down to their body language as they introduced themselves. It gave her an idea of just how to behave when around that person and whether or not to hold her more eccentric side back. It also gave her an idea of who might try to lie or bullshit their way through the class.

Takumi seemed straight to business with a permanent scowl on his face. Maybe it was because he didn't have enough rest or he just wasn't a morning person. She wasn't sure yet, but she'd have plenty of time to figure that out. She wondered what would have happened if he came here with ample rest and the time to fix himself up properly; would he be more cheerful? What was up with the bandaged arm too? Did he have some wounds she needed to know about? Hmm... Well, in truth those wounds could have come from his vigilantism and had not yet healed fully. Considering his crime, Encore was inwardly proud that there was at least one person who had a strong sense of justice in the room. He was kind enough to give the next girl time to react, so there was hope for him yet!

This girl, Kozue, seemed a little... robotic in a way. She introduced herself with not much view of her personality. She was straight to the point and didn't give much information for Encore to start off her files with. Encore could think of two things that could have caused such a robotic mannerism; she had been raised in a very strict household, or there had been some kind of abuse... The pink haired woman started thinking of every possibility that could cause such a mannerism. Her crimes with this girl's attitude didn't really match; was there more to the story? Ugh! She hated not knowing!

The next person was arguably the happiest person in the classroom and probably the happiest she's ever seen someone at a place like JRA. The boy's name was Aichi, and he thought vigilantism was one of the "cooler" crimes. Encore had to agree honestly; she did write a song telling the story of a vigilante woman who does her damnedest to take down her psychopath brother. Aichi's introduction left him on her good side, mainly because of his view on "years of awesome". Why yes, she was a collective 29 years of awesome! What? It was a good way to view age!

Ito didn't give her much to work on either, just like Kozue. Straight to the point, really straight to the point. She pouted a bit at how little information the girl gave, but wouldn't push her about it. She'd just whine at her about it later.

Amelia seemed like such a lady! Very kind and sweet looking, and her crime seemed to be that she was housing exotic animals way different than the usual dog or cat. She could guess this girl had quite a bit of disposable income; maybe a business heiress or something? Either way, she was on Encore's good side. Teaching her that housing exotic animals would be easy peasy!

The moment the ball landed in Daisuke's hands, though, was when things got a bit out of control.

Umeko knew from the second Daisuke had arrived in the classroom just what his crime was, and due to some events from her past, she learned that everyone deserved to be treated innocent until proven guilty. Evidence was everything, and without it, there would always be doubt for the accused.

In this case, she doubted everyone did the crime they committed unless there was evidence against them. In this case, quite a few of them did, but the others were circumstantial or a lot of "he said she said."

She could understand why Daisuke was nervous. But then, he came in.

'Oh, what the fuck?' Umeko thought to herself upon hearing someone from the door.

The person at the door she recognized instantly. When she had been searching around her polls and fanart on Google, she saw that a lot of people shipped her with this particular individual. She knew this because along with some Encore fanart, she found some rule 34 of her and him doing the baby making deed in graphic detail. Their shipper reason was that they were both pretty, but now Encore couldn't really look at this guy without remembering the "sweet" pictures of her giving birth to his child or the graphic photos of her giving birth to him (in all his adult glory).

This person was Pro Hero Metalman, voted the hottest man on the Pro Hero gossip website she snooped around on.

If she had to be honest, she'd be all over him too if she was all about appearances. But, truth be told, she would rather not fawn over a dickhead.

And the more he spoke, the more he was proving to be a dickhead.

By the end of his little "exposition" of Daisuke, Umeko was fuming that he'd have the balls to dare touch a student as he did and slander him without so much as concrete proof!

Thankfully, Nightmist told him everything she wanted to say albeit less aggressively and with far fewer insults, but he got his points across.

Umeko had closed her eyes and was rubbing her temples in circles with her fingers. "Calm blue oceans, serene forests, steady rainy days..."

She took a deep breath as her anger subsided, leaving her to smile again.

The boy who got the ball next, Kei, did make her proud as well. He told everyone to at least hear Daisuke out, and honestly, it's what she really wanted of them to do! She was so happy that they didn't just accept what that guy said!

"It's slanderous assholes like him that force me to wear a body cam every day!" She gently tapped the location of her camera on her clothing. "Anyway, I can't tell everyone to treat your classmate one way or another, but I need you guys to not just accept what that Toehead says. Sometimes the police are wrong, and sometimes, testimonies aren't enough. Always believe in the evidence. If there's no hard evidence, then you have to doubt the claims, no matter how much you want to believe them!"

After what Kei said to her, Umeko then added, "And I assure you guys Nightmist and I aren't nearly as bad as Toehead. No violence or threats will be used to make you behave even if you were the biggest shit stains to walk this planet."

She then looked towards Daisuke, giving him a smile and a wink, "Don't worry Daisuke, if Toehead wants to make your lives miserable, I can make his teaching days significantly more difficult, frustrating, and annoying. It's not a crime to eat his lunch or take his parking spot, or sabotage his classes a little bit." The last part she added quietly, as if it were a secret.

After catching the ball, she went and sat on the teacher's desk, crossing one leg over the other. "Anyway, introductions aren't over yet! I see at least two more people who haven't had a chance to say anything, and since the sweetheart in the front was the first to arrive, well, heads up!"

She tossed the ball towards the girl in the back. "You're not getting out of introductions that easily~"

@Mahou-Shoujo

Tatsou (MetalMan)

Just as he was leaving the classroom, it seems one of the teacher spoke up to him. Tatsou just wanted to introduce himself early to the class and show them that being in this academy wasn't going to be all fun and sunshine like a few people expected, and of course he knew his actions would be disrupting, not to say, angering almost everyone in the class in some way, but he didn't care honestly. He sighed before turning around to NIghtmist. If he wanted to start this argument, he's gonna get some.

"So you're defending this fool? Should've known since you actually care about the students. Look, I don't care if you think he's innocent or guilty based on what's on the papers. That's your opinion, but to me, until there is actual evidence that points to him being innocent, he's guilty until proven innocent." Tatsou isn't going to change his mind about Daisuke and it seems evident he won't change his mind in the near future. He was making himself out to be quite a villain and he was risking his job and life because of it. He knew he wasn't popular among the heroes, almost the opposite, some were suspicious and weary of him, honestly, his life has been nothing but a tragic for him. Given a chance at a second life and he almost intends on throwing it away because of one student. How stupid of him.

"And honestly, I was in a very bad mood when I got here early, he was just unfortunate he was my "punching bag" for my stress relief. Don't worry, when it's my turn to teach, i'll act professionally." He slyly smiled as if he was playing along to Nightmist's threat. His teachings isn't too crazy as he just gives them a lot of assignments both in PE and his other class that usual while being strict about it, but with Daisuke in his class, he'll make sure both him and the class gets extra work compared to the other classes. He was sure of it.

"Let me remind you two that I'm not here to make friends with the students like you two are. I'm here to reform them, even if I have to be the most strictest, meanest instructor in the academy. I wasn't given the luxury when I did my reformation, neither should they when I am teaching them!" He shouted and points to the class in general. He really intends to make everyone hate his guts doesn't he. "I don't care if they hate me or pro heroes at the end of their rehabilitation, as long as my job is done, then I consider it a success, even if I have to play the villain." He mocked Nightmist's last phrase to him, as if he intents to piss him off even further. It also seems the student he threw the ball at wanted in on the argument, cute. Just thinking of the class just pisses him off even further. What a worthless bunch of students. But seeing them angry also gives him some kind of wicked joy, as if he's succeeding in showing them their true emotions, or the fact they have actual balls to stand up to him.

"Let me tell you something kid, you too." He stared at both Kei and Daisuke, who was still on the floor. "Just because you have your side of the story, doesn't prove you're 100 percent innocent. A year ago, when I was walking on the streets back to my apartment after work, I heard a scream not too far from me, I went over to investigate it, there was a woman laying there, dead. And beside her with a man looking at the body, The man gave me bad vibes so I confronted him, he ran from me and I chased after him, stopping him and arresting him. When we went to court, he explains that he was a detective and was observing the body too before I got here and was wrongfully arrested because I wasn't doing my bloody job. The judge found him innocent and suspended my pro hero license for a month because of my reckless behavior. Two weeks later, you heard about the Kiyashi incident right? The incident in which 18 people and the culprit were killed and many more injured in the mall? Yeah turns out the culprit was the same detective guy that I arrested and got away scott free due to my behavior. The best part? When the police observed his belongings, they found out his detective ID was faked and the real detective was killed a long time ago. They also found the murder weapon that killed the woman a few days after the incident. The fingerprints on the weapon proved he too was the woman's killer. Looks like he decided to throw the weapon down a sewer to hide the evidence before going back to "observe" the body. Because he was able to lie about his story, he got away from going to jail and ending up killing even more innocents before ending his life. Since then, i've lost the ability to trust people's side of the story without concrete proof, which is why i'm always on the "Guilty until prove innocent" side."

He sighed, finally getting out of his side of the story, even if no one believes him at this point, he seemed to be teaching them a valuable lesson not to trust a person side of the story 100%, especially when they can lie to make others feel symphony for them or to get them on their side. "I could've saved many people's lives that day, but because I was careless on how I approached that man that day, he got off from the guilty verdict and killed many civilians two weeks later. I could never forgive myself for it. I still get threats from the public opinion, saying how I couldn't save anyone or i'm a pathetic pro hero because I was the one who tried to stop him and failed. I guess I really am pathetic." He tighten his grip, almost feeling the hate and anger from all the insults he's been receiving. "But I don't need your pity, i'd rather you hate me than pity me. That would make me feel better. I'm nothing more than a monster anyways according to everyone." He snorted. Pity was one thing he hated the most. He has nothing in his life to live for, he's just fighting to survive in this hellish world he's been put in. Being pitied on by others would only make him look weak in front of everyone. Pride was a powerful emotion that Tatsou had in his arsenal. He stared at Kei with a deathly glare and pointed at him. "You're here to be rehabilitated from the crimes on your papers, guilty or not. So it'd be best to just suck it up instead of trying to play the victim card. Understand?!" With a vigorous shout, he turned around and walked towards the door one last time.

"I've wasted enough time with this pathetic class. I'm getting things ready for P.E. class. Don't be late!" His patience was wearing thin and he wanted to get out of this class as soon as possible. Any other responses would be ignored at this point as he left for good while slamming the door hard that it echoed through the room. He guarantees he'll be reported and punished for his behavior, even possibly be suspended for that little stunt, but whatever. Once class comes along, he'll have his fun with the student, now that the class hates his guts at this point and wants to see them suffer...alot.

Daisuke
Daisuke was still on the floor, still feeling the pain form when the man slammed him hard on the floor. Still lost within his broken mind, he tried to grip reality, only to be pulled back in it. It wasn't even the end of the first day and he somehow made an enemy, for some odd reason. Daisuke asked himself, why did they hire this idiot to this academy, he doesn't deserve to work here due to his terrible attitude. And because of him, he probably lost any chance of making allies in the future. He'd hope this man would be terminated from his workforce as soon as possible. For the first time in awhile, Daisuke felt rage towards an individual.

His grip to reality returned to him when a girl came up to check on him, Daisuke looked up to the black haired girl with pain in his eyes, he was still hurting from the impact, but not enough so that he couldn't move, he slowly got up to a sitting position and looked back at her. "Y...yeah." He barely was able to say a word, still a bit dazed from what happened, but over time, he'll be able to get his grip back. By then, he also noticed one of the teacher offering to help him up form the seat, Nightmist, and even Encore supporting him. Seems the hypocrite has left the room while he was in his thoughts.

Daisuke took his hand and with his help, got back on his feet. It seems even though Metalman tried to ruin his reputation, it seems some of the people were in his defense against the moron who thinks its cool to bash people due to their crimes, or rather, false crimes. "Thanks guys." He softly said to both the black haired girl, whom he remembered as Kozue and Nightmist. He sat back down on his original seat, looking back at Nightmist, with a worried, yet relieved expression on his face. "At least there are some people who are understanding about that whole situation." He smiled, unlike a certain other idiot in the academy, these people seemed interested in wanting them to succeed and would trust his and the other's life to them. It seems the other were pushing him him tell his side of the story, while Metal Dumbass didn't care whatsoever, the others had their interest piqued after that show. Daisuke got up form his seat and looked at the class. It seems that little stunt he did actually might've helped him in the end, thought that can be up for debate.

"If you don't want to believe me, that's fine, but I want you to know what happened on my side of the story." Daisuke breathed in, getting ready to tell his side of story. "There was one thing Metalman got right, I did try to talk to the victim at school, although not for sexual reasons, but because she seemed troubled. I tried to help her and lend my ear to her if she needs to talk, but she did try to avoid me. Whenever or not it was the reason Metalman said or not is up to debate. I tried for months, hoping I can finally get her to open up to me her problems, but they just kept failing. On that fateful day I was walking home when I heard some loud discussion going at in a alleyway, I investigated it, it was the victim and three other guys there. It seems the three guys were interested in this girl, a lot. I tried to confront them, hoping they would stop, but they ended up attacking me to no one's surprise. I took them down rather easily because they aren't really strong, but I suppose that's because I work out almost everyday while they don't. I made sure she was alright after they left, and she hugged me. I'm not sure what that meant, but it seems like those guys had their interest in her for a long long time and she finally for the first time, felt happy that someone put an end to their plans for once. Then the police came and arrested me for what I supposedly did on the crime. I will admit to beating up those three guys for my crime, that alone is true, but only for self defense rather, but the part about me molesting the victim is false. I don't know what happened why the police thought that way, but something feels...off about that. But for now, i'm here to improve on myself and fix myself for the better society."

He felt a weight come off his shoulder after finishing his story. It seems now that he told the truth to the others in the class, that everyone should know he isn't that type of guy that Metalman made him out to be. "And also..." He added. "Next time I see Metalman, i've got a few words to say for him. Count on it! I won't let him bully me out of this academy for no reason not try to make me look like a bad guy." Or so he believed, he doesn't know much about Metalman, but he's sure he's got something in his mind that is eating him, but that doesn't excuse his terrible behavior he's been showing. He's going to be playing his game and he'll come out the winner at the end.

Reese found herself reevaluating her opinion of Umeko pretty quickly, perhaps she wasn't just some low effort teacher they scrounged up? She was certainly better than the openly violent man who had attacked a student already, and who honestly reminded Reese of some of the people she had worked with before, she hoped it was just her usual over active imagination...
Either way it looked like that was over and she could go back to simultaneously being relieved at not having to introduce herself and panicking at not having introduced herself, oh and of course the revelation that the violent tough guy would be teaching PE had her even more freaked out for several reasons.

It was thanks to all this worrying that rather than realizing the ball was flying towards her and catching it, she assumed it was being thrown to someone in front, and proceeded to take it to the face, catching it as it fell mostly by instinct.
"Bwuh..."
She was stunned momentarily before snapping out of it and realizing she needed to speak up.
"Uhh... I'm Reese... I'm a girl... And I broke a building?"
She wasn't sure what to say, and just went with the basics, what was important in her opinion.
She was going to say more, but her nerves had led to her quirk activating, and the violent shock waves quickly popped the ball.
"Uhh, sorry".
She mumbled.
"Well... That was embarrassing..."

Rin continued to sit at his desk, hands folded peacefully upon his lap. His face was emotionless, as always, and his eyes followed the ball as it was passed around the room. He didn't have much to say about the situation anymore, in fact he was pretty focused on just learning everyone's' names. It, to him, was a simple assignment, but he wanted to complete it thoroughly to make sure he could address anyone at anytime in this, decently, small class. After all he had a couple, let's say, 'accidents' because he failed to remember important names.

Anyways no one really stood out to him, even with the diverse personalities that he witnessed. Well, no one was not entirely correct. The one called Daisuke had a little event happen during his introduction, a rather peculiar one to be exact. It was odd to Rin, but not unfamiliar. He knew people that would do such a thing, come in and blatantly judge a person. A person who did such a thing was a person that Rin didn't think fondly of, which was quite rare for him. Even so, he believed that people had their reasons for doing what they did, so in result he still didn't pay much attention to either of the disturbances in the classroom.

He did take note that there was a nice girl who had decided to walk over and give a hand to Daisuke, who had been thrown to the floor.

Rin's empty hues flickered to look up at the two teachers, who already appeared to have a strong distaste in their mouths from the happenings. At least the teachers of the homeroom weren't too bad. Though, Rin didn't take up a great liking to all the commotion that was happening around him. It kind of hurt his head.

A breath escaped his mouth as the haughty teacher left the room, his eyes moving to follow the ball that was headed to Reese. There was probably a lot of stress that landed on that girl after all of those events went down. It obviously was displayed through her actions, as the ball in her hand proceeded to pop.

Watching some pieces of the ball fall to the ground the male pressed his hand to the desk and stood.

He was one of the last to introduce himself, so he was going to attempt to take the attention off of the girl and keep the whole class rolling.

Stepping over to where the girl was, he carefully picked up all the pieces of the poor ball that had exploded. Then the male stepped back, to give her some more space, and prepared to introduce himself to the class.

"Hello, my name is Takamura, Rin," Rin stated eloquently, giving somewhat of a bow, "I'm capable of forming balls of black matter and manipulating them to an extent. I'm also here for damaging school property and injuring some of my fellow students. While that may put some of off, I still hope we can get along."

Cupping the ball remnants in his hand he calmly strutted over to the last girl that was to introduce herself, and offered what was left of the ball to her.
@Jessica2477

With so many things happening at once and her clones arguing in her mind, Sumire wasn't really sure what to make of everything else that happened. Her clones went haywire when it Daisuke's crime was shared with the rest of the class, though she was doing her best to pay attention to the rest of the introductions. It seemed that no matter how much she tried to tune out her clones, they just got louder and louder.

'Violet should be staying away from Rapey McRape over there. He's gonna take advantage of her if he gains her trust.'

'Oh, you're being paranoid! Listen to the hoverboard cutie and don't judge him so quickly! A prince is always charming, never a rapist!'

'...Should someone tell her?'

'BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT! Quit fighting already! Be happy!'

'Red is right. There is no concrete evidence that what Metalman described actually happened. Witness testimonies are unreliable on their own.'

'W-Witness testimonies can be reliable...'

'Oh? So are you willing to risk ruining someone's life because "it absolutely happened, trust me?" Relying solely on someone's word can have dire consequences on the defendant if the witness chooses to lie!'

'Uwaaahhh I-I-I'm sorry!'

'And if the witness isn't lying? Not believing the witness can be just as harmful if they're tellin' the truth.'

'Then they should have evidence that the crime happened. If they can't provide evidence then why should the defendant be given a guilty verdict?'

'Because sometimes the culprit doesn't leave evidence-'

Sumire's attention went to the boy that offered her what remained of Encore's ball; pink pieces with part of the character's art on the plastic. She took the pieces from Rin's hand and stood up, giving him a bow of her head.

"Thank you." She said politely before turning to the class.

"Hello, everyone! My name is Sumire Nakamura, I'm 16 years old, and my quirk allows me to create 6 different clones that each specialize in different things. Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Sky, and Indigo are what I call them, and they each have their own personalities. I'm here because I was in possession of marijuana."

~~~~

Encore glanced over the crowd, seeing that everyone had gone through their introductions. "Woo! Now it's time to get this show rolling!"

She gestured everyone to get up from their seats. "Now, it's time we show off how cool your quirks are instead of just talking about them! Take whatever is important or leave your stuff here."

With that, Encore gave the students a minute to take any valuables they had with them or to prepare their bags to go outside as she readied a box that had been hidden underneath the teacher's desk.

Sumire, meanwhile, took this opportunity to catch Daisuke's attention really quick.

"I'd still like to be friends if that's okay!" She would tell him, though there wasn't a lot of time for interaction.

Encore slapped the teacher's desk three times, a silent command for them to move it. She carried a large cardboard box, humming to herself as she led the way from the classroom towards the track field, leaving Nightmist to lock the classroom then catch up.

@EternalInfinity

~~~~

The track field was a bit similar to what one would find at an actual prison. The area that circled around the field was nothing but dirt landscaping-wise and drawn said dirt was the white lines that separated each lane. Within the center, goalie posts were present for soccer and on each side of the field were small bleachers for viewing. Encore couldn't help but wonder what soccer would look like with this class. Beatdowns or teamwork? Or both? Oooh, she was tempted to let them play right now, but she needed to get this malarky out of the way first.

"Aaaaall right kiddos!" She placed the box on the lowest bleacher for her to grab later. "So! Here, we're going to give you a bit of space to get a few controlled quirk exercises done! Now, Nightmist and I will be here to keep all of you in check. If one of you tries to escape, you'll be punished by my mighty voice or Nightmist's awesome power. You'll also be arrested, taken back to prison with an automatic failure, and be forced to serve your sentence. So! Which one of you wants to have a little bit of quirk fun first?"

@All

Takumi Souta
Watching the events go on, the two teachers were quick to defend the alleged rapist and reprimand the Metal Douche's actions. Though through their interactions and arguments, one piece of information was learned. A couple of the teachers, including the douche himself, went through the exact same program. This information did little for Takumi however, side from increasing the size of his scowl.

He was no better—No better than any of them, and Metal-head still had the guts to look down on them? It pissed Takumi off. He hated how most high-tiers thought that had the right to flaunt over and push others around just because they got lucky with their quirk. However then there were those that knew what it was like, who went through the exact same harassment and insult, and then went on to perpetuate the whole thing.

"...Tch, nothing but trash..." Takumi growled, at this point having blocked out the whole incident with Daisuke and the reactions of others.

There was also the fact that Daisuke claimed he was framed, which, Takumi wasn't quite sure if it was believable. The teacher's said the evidence was circumstantial, but he didn't know Daisuke enough to judge if he was the type of person to try to bullshit his way out of this accusation or not. He'd have to withhold his judgement for now, though he found it interesting that Daisuke vowed not to be such a punching bag next time, which didn't much matter. Even if he didn't have the balls, Takumi didn't much care about position or status when he addressed people for their crap.

With that rather chaotic interjection finished, the introductions began again—with a rough start...

"Bwuh..."

With a loud smack, the girl next to him took the ball from Encore right to her face, releasing an admittedly cute sound at the time of impact. While embarrassing for her, it successfully distracted Takumi from everything that had just occurred, provoking an involuntary snicker from the boy.

"Pfft...!" Covering his mouth and looking away, Takumi did his best to suffocate his chuckle, but it would still be fairly obvious.

Following her were two others, though their introductions went much smoother, and thus didn't much register with Takumi while he recovered. Thankfully, they would all receive a change in scenery it seemed. Strange of the teachers to let them exercise their quirks for a bit, but he wasn't going to complain.

Glancing around, not one had yet to volunteer, so Takumi raised his bandaged hand up. "I mean... if you want me to nullify something... It ain't very flashy though."

Kei looked around, no one was really volunteering to show off their quirks except that one guy that nullifies quirks. Kei stepped up and placed a hand on Takumi, "Hey man, i'll give you a hand. Just let me show off a bit first." He said stepping up to Encore. "Ok, ill be going first, im gonna be going pretty fast but i ain't gonna run so don't slam me in to the ground or anything." He said as he smirked.

He took in a deep breath and faced to others. "This is my Quirk, Hoverboard. I inherited it from my mom who can make things float." He said as he raised up off the ground by several feet. "And my dad who is a speedster." He leaned forward and started moving. He went slowly at first just to show how he moved just like he was riding a skateboard. He then picked it up going around 30 mph. "My top speed is around 60 mph but its like sprinting for me i can only do it for a short period of time." He started going faster, then faster still performing various tricks throughout the air. He even jumped up in the air flipping to land on his hands, still hovering in the same direction. He flipped once more landing on one foot showing off his trick but also show casing his quirks versatility.

He went to the furthest wall and started moving faster and faster reaching his max speed for a moment then slowing down a few feet infront of the rest of the group. He remained hovering near Takumi as he tried to catch his breath. He looked at him and motioned for him to do his thing.

As he volunteered, another kid stepped up to show off both their quirks.

He said he wanted to show off, and show off was right. After introducing his, he proceeded to run around doing tricks and the like. By the time he stopped in front of Takumi, he was out of breath.

"...Like I said, I nullify things," Takumi introduced with slightly bored expression, though perhaps that was from his earlier fatigue.

Placing a hand on Kei's shoulder, after a moment his legs dropped from the air and feet planted firmly on the ground. Were Kei to attempt to use his quirk again, his efforts would be met with an unsual nothingthness.

"Long as I touch someone like this, they can't use their quirk," Takumi stated with some irritation, as if being forced to explain or talk about something he didn't want to. "It also works on things quirks make... I dunno, items, fire blasts... whatever."

With the example of canceling out fire, suddenly the stste of his bandaged arm made a lot more sense. Either way, Takumi soon took his hand off Kei snd shoved both into his pockets, appearingly eager to move this all along.

"So, who's next?"

Last edited:
Reactions: Mahou-Shoujo
Reese was still very red by the time introductions had finished, it had been years since she accidentally broke anything, but the stress and nerves she felt right when she caught the ball was enough to send her into a panic and unleash some of her power... She was glad it was just a ball and not a person, though the barely suppressed chuckle she heard didn't do wonders for her self confidence, and Reese now felt as though she had to prove her control, show that she wasn't just a nervous dork that popped balls.
Once outside she got that chance, much earlier than expected at that! Though a track field was the last place Reese expected to do so, and she couldn't help but shudder as certain unpleasant memories welled up... Whatever, that was all in the past, she was here now and ready to show off!

She had to admit she was curious about that nullification quirk, but wanted to show off what she could do first, and as soon as the hovering guy had seemingly finished she raised a hand and stepped up.
"Umm, I've got a sonic quirk, it's composite and I can either vibrate stuff to pieces... Or scream, you... Might wanna cover your ears".
With that said she pulled her headphones over her ears and took a deep breath... Before letting out an inhumanly loud scream into the air, she knew better than to aim at a student or teacher, though anyone listening would feel a slight pain in their ears from the sheer sound.
Fortunately it only lasted a couple of seconds before Reese stopped, gasping for air.
She wasn't very good at using her sonic scream yet, and really had no form other than letting loose.
After a moment of breathing she turned to Takumi.
"Uhh... Do you mind if I use my powers on you? I'll be sure not to hurt you".
Once he accepted she moved forwards to touch him, just intending to shake him up a tiny bit... And somehow they ended up holding hands.
This was... Not what Reese had intended, not only were her powers not working but now she felt kind of stupid just holding hands like that... And was too busy melting down to let go, instead letting out a quiet squeak.

Next to step up was the small girl who took the ball to the face in the classroom. 'Bwuh girl'. Either way, she explained her quirk again and gave warning for everyone to cover their ears.

Though warned, Takumi was still yet caught off guard, covering his ears though he still felt pain from the volume of her voice. It only lasted a few seconds, but that only made the scream sharper.

As the scream dispersed, Takumi removed his hands from his ears, still hearing a faint ringing, though he could still hear the girl's next request. She wanted to try using her quirk on him, swearing she would be careful. Shrugging, Takumi waited as she approached, though something had gone awry. During the touch part of the demonstration, somehow Reese's hand had found its way to is, thus cancelling any display of her quirk automatically and just leading to a very awkward situation... for her.

Takumi simply stared down at her, not releasing her hand but not holding her tight enough to prevent her from breaking away if she wasnt somehow frozen despite looking as though she was overheating.

"...You... uh... You remember how my quirk works...?" Takumi inquired, seemingly a bit confused about the whole thing as he glanced around, for help or for explanation. The small squeek the came from her didn't give much confidence.

Leaning down, Takumi continued his stare as he lowered himself closer to eye level. "You okay 'Bwuh'?"

Yoshiyuki, Aichi

Aichi was actively working to push the events in the classroom out of his mind. The deplorable treatment of his fellow student was awful, and only served to piss him off. Aichi felt bad for the kid, he probably was innocent, and frankly, even if he wasn't, this whole place was supposed to be about second chances. An opportunity to do and be better. But, now, more important things were going on. Introductions concluded, and the students were being led outside. Their instructor, the beautiful Miss Encore, said they would introducing their quriks now.

"Wow, what a great way to back up our intros! Now we can show off how awesome our quirks are!"

Aichi's face formed a grin as he did a sort of stationary dance. He was going to volunteer, but, a few of the others beat him to it. He observed them, watching the unique and coolness of their abilities. The first up was Kei, whom was able to levitate himself on some mind of airboard. Aichi would have to admit, it was pretty cool. When he was finished, Takumi also demonstrated his quirk cancelling ability. That was definitely something. Finally, one of the smaller girls in the class stepped up, and announced her quirk before bellowing out a sonic scream. Okay, that was awesome.

"Oh man, these are all awesome quirks! You should definitely do a flip next time, dude. Chicks love flips. And Takumi, your nullifying quirk is gonna be awesome for handling up close villains with nasty quirks. Oh, and Reese, right? That sonic quirk seems pretty rough. I hope I never get in any screaming matches with you!"

Aichi spoke excitedly, as though he were witnessing quirks for the first time. He would have to admit that seeing new quirks was always a favorite pass time of his. Even better, he would be spending time with all of these guys, and hopefully, see their quirks in action.

"Oh, oh! I'll go next! So, my quirk is nothing flashy. But, I can alter the density of my body. So, I can make myself hit harder, or even make myself less dense than air. Watch this!"

With that Aichi concentrated briefly before stepping up as though he were going to start climbing stairs. He probably looked like he was taking a phantom step only to wind up tripping. However, his foot pressed down on the air, and lifted him up. He proceeded to take several steps upward, taking turns as if he were climbing a spiral staircase. Then, he turned and headed back down the same route, stopping once he reaches his starting point.

"Cool, huh? So, who's next?" The boy asked with a grin.

Okay this was not what she expected at all! Reese had never held a boy's hand technically, and in front of all these people... Not to mention the ass didn't even have the decency to be embarrassed about it! Of course the meltdown sent her into a spiral of embarrassment that led to her not releasing his hand...
Then he spoke... Reminding her of her earlier and assigning an embarrassing nickname.
Reese of course reacted in the only logical, sensible way... And screamed.
While technically not anywhere near as loud as her sonic scream... It was still shockingly loud!
This went on for a couple of seconds before she hit him in the chest very lightly, Reese was kind of squishy and weak after all, and ran off to hide her face out of embarrassment.
Well, it was done, if she hadn't managed to establish herself as a crazy girl with that, well, something must clearly be wrong with these people.

Suddenly, the hyper boy appeared to start geeking out. Even in the current situation he seemed rather nonchalant. Well, Takumi was more nonchalant. Aichi was just excitable.

Being taken aback by the sudden stream of compliments to everyone, the delinquent wasn't quite sure how to react. He had taken more shit-talk than praise, even from his grandfather... The old man was always more of the stick rather than the carrot type. The praise during his training was not getting hit with said stick.

"Uh... Yeah... Most of the time anyway..." Takumi murmured that last part, but anyone could take a guess at the correlation between the activation of his quirk and him being bandaged up. Though he had used his quirk on more unruly high-tiers than actual villains. If you asked him though, they deserved no less of the asskicking they got.

Aichi then began with his own quirk demonstration. He could manipulate his density, though he didn't do anything flashy with it. He simply made himself float somewhat. Though even without a full show, Takumi could surmise what all that kind of quirk could do, bringing a slightly curious look to his face.

However, as he finished, it seemed as though Takumi had forgot something. The certain something of which he still held the hand of. Looking down at Reese, he had forgotten she was still frozen, though now she more resembled a bomb about to go off. Gaining a conflicted expression of confusion and wariness, suddenly the girl screamed, causing Takumi to instinctively cover one ear with his free hand. He almost just let her go with the other hand, however he knew that would have just made it worse.

"AAH! IT'S STILL SUPER FUCKIN' LOUD!" Takumi yelled half in surprise.

As the girl finished her shout, she took her hand and lightly pounded him on the chest before fleeing, leaving a very confused Takumi spectating with both ears covered.

"WHAT JUST HAPPENED?"

Last edited:
Encore stood back and watched as each of the students showed off their quirks individually; first the quirk cancelation, then the sound girl, then the dancer boy with the density quirk. They all possessed decent control over them and did have some potential hero-wise! Oh, she could already imagine them running around fighting crime in their cute little costumes~

It was a shame they had to come to JRA to get their start on that path, but regardless, the path has been made for them. All they had to do was follow it.

By the time Reese screamed, Encore's headset automatically adjusted the volume so that it was quieter, protecting her hearing all the while a little beep inside of her earphone told her the dB of the sound Reese just emitted.

"Ooo~ Hey, girlie! Your dB's pretty good for someone who hasn't received Hero training! Train that quirk and I bet you could be my adorable little sidekick~" Encore praised, giving Reese a little applause and a grin.

Then Takumi yelled out asking what had happened, leaving Encore giggling. She mimicked putting her hands over her ears then removed them so signal Takumi that all was clear.

"You felt the wrath of mini-me! Now then, let's move on to someone else. Liiiiiiike,"

Encore pointed a perfectly manicured nail in Sumire's direction. "You!"

Sumire straightened up a bit, eyes slightly wide in surprise, "Er, me? But, everyone else should go first."

"Nope! You're going next, missy. If you keep singing in the dark how will anyone know who's responsible for the gorgeous song? Take advantage of the spotlight I'm shining on you and blow everyone away with your gift!"

Sumire wanted to argue, but honestly, she was too starstruck by the fact that the Encore was talking to her. She truly did want to go last so that everyone else could show off first... But...

"O-Okay... But be warned, my clones are kind of... eccentric. And don't listen to Red or Orange." She told the class, wanting to warn them ahead of time before the disaster that was her clones appearing would occur.

Sumire took a deep breath, exhaled, then closed her eyes. At that moment, six different colors phased out of her body simultaneously. Red, orange, yellow, green, light blue, and indigo before Sumire collapsed, falling into the arms of Blue.

Each girl was an exact replica of Sumire save for the hair colors, with each one matching the nicknames their default had assigned all of them. They all wore the same clothing and accessories as their default, each standing before the class before it was time to introduce themselves.

Blue's gaze scanned over each person briefly, her demeanor giving off a "strict authority" sort of vibe with her eyes holding a much harsher look to them than normal Sumire's would have.

"Hm, interesting. These are the ne'er do wells that Violet has been appointed to." Blue spoke up first, mainly to herself, after examining each classmate, "Allow me to introduce myself. Violet," She tilted her head towards Sumire's direction, "has appointed me the nickname of "Blue," so you may all refer to me as such and nothing more. Each of us are not just for show, but we are all exceptional in different categories. I, for instance, harbor exorbitant reflexes and immoderate intelligence. With Violet's eyes, I can deduce multiple strategies on how to overpower the opponent no matter where I am located. That is all I have to say; Sky! Introduce yourself."

"Wuah- Y-Yes Blue!" Sky spoke up, timidly walking forward a little bit as her head turtled into her shirt. Her hands rubbed together in front of her and her eyes would not look at her classmates. "U-U-Um... I'm Sky, but, um... You c-can call me whatever you want.. Uhhh... Um... Uwaaaahhhh I'm not good at introductions!" She sobbed as she completely hid her face in her shirt, turning her back to the small group. "Quit looking at me!"

Green laughed nervously and gently patted Sky's back. "Eheh, sorry. She's not used to people. Anyway, I'm Green. I've got the toughest skin out of everyone, literally." She grinned and put her hands on her hips in a confident pose. "I'm a walking wall! I bet you'll break your foot if you try to kick me! Go on, try it!"

"Don't." Blue quickly stepped in to stop anyone that wanted to try.

"Anyway, before we forget, Sky here has the highest luck out of everyone. She's great at gambling and escaping in general. She can get out of tight pinches, but I'm not sure she can save the rest of you. Next up, the fabulous Yellow!"

"Yay!" Yellow's arms outstretched above her head, hands open as she cheered. "I'm Yellow! I run reallyreallyreallyreally fast for a human! Watch!"

In a blur, Yellow quickly moved to Aichi. He would notice a sudden draft and Yellow standing back where she had been except this time with a comfy scarf around her neck. "See? Fast as lightning, speedier than a hummingbird's wings! Now who wants to race me? It'll be super fun~!"

Orange went up to Yellow and snatched the scarf from around her neck, handing it over to Red. "I'm Orange," She took a second to pick her nose before wiping the booger on Yellow, not caring she did that in front of everyone. "I can basically breathe chemicals and anything that can get you high. Alcohol, drugs, toxic gases, all that jazz."

Red, when Orange finished her introductions, started walking over to Aichi with a natural sashay to her hips. "I'm Red, but you can call me whatever makes you happy. I'm quite strong; most likely stronger than all of you combined."

She looped the scarf around the back of Aichi's neck, pulling him closer so that his chest would push up against her breasts, "Oh you're cuter in person~ You and your friend." Red gestured her head towards Takumi. "Let me know when the two of you want to lose your virginities. I wouldn't mind a 2 for 1, if you catch my drift~"

"Oi, quit with the sexual harassment. We don't need Violet getting arrested again."

@The Dapper Mog
@EmperorsChosen

5645d29de0f14a53fcedf8a0149b9bf7.png
Returning to her seat after verifying the boy was alright, Kozue watched the rest of the introductions go by with minimal problems, save for the shy girl who seemed to pop the small ball with her quirk. When it reached their teacher - Encore - again, Kozue's eyes lifted to watch the teachers with mild interest. It seemed they would now get to see each others' quirks in real time after having heard about them.

Sighing, the dark-haired girl rose from the desk and filed obediently out of the classroom and onto the field. She watched everyone's quirks play out and wondered how she would fit in with this group of delinquents. They seemed harder to befriend in the way Kozue was used to and that scared her. She watched with dark eyes as Reese latched onto Takumi's hand and wouldn't let go, her gaze continuing to float over the others as more quirks were shown off.

The last girl to have introduced herself, Sumire, suddenly collapsed as different colors of herself shimmered into existence from her core. Watching quietly, Kozue hid a giggle behind her hand at their peculiar attitudes and behaviors. Rubbing her arm, Kozue suddenly felt as if her ability lacked compared to everyone else's and decided to wait out the showcase, only presenting her quirk if Encore or Nightmist called for it.

Yoshiyuki, Aichi
------------------------------

Aichi was undoubtedly enjoying this foray into the various quirks of his classmates. Now that they were outside, it was much easier to feel the more positive vibes of the situation. Aichi hadn't even really given the jerk of a teacher much thought, but, his mind was getting to the point in the day where it began to recap what he had been though. A part of him truly hoped that they wouldn't have to deal with Metalman much, mostly due to his attitude. Which, was a shame, because before today, Aichi had been a huge fan. But now, he was unsure of how to feel. What he saw today definitely wasn't very heroic. Of course, the situation was rather peculiar. What was the real story behind all of these people and their crimes? His mind was pulled from his inward thoughts when the demonstrations/introductions continued, only to lead to one of the girls, Reese, he believed, screaming to high heaven because of a little awkward hand-holding. At least, that was what he anticipated it was about. It was intense when she used her quirk, but even without the power, it was awfully loud. Almost painful, actually. Aichi's quirk remained active, and as he leaned back and covered his ears, he lifted off the ground, crossing his legs as he floated in the air as though he were seated comfortably on the floor. The boy's expression reflected his discomfort, and his gaze shifted to the girl.

"Jeez, that's loud! She's a screamer!"

The young man's voice rang out loudly to combat the noise. When she stopped, she slammed her (tiny) fists into the larger boy's chest and moved away from him. They were already fighting like some weird couple. Awkward. Aichi slyly rolled his eyes and floated slowly away from them at the pace of a drunken snail sliding through molasses. Then, Miss Encore spoke up, drawing his attention easily. Aichi's gaze shifted over to his teacher, his smile returning as she spoke. Next thing he knew, she was roping one of the other students into talking. This time it was Sumire, the girl with violet colored hair that he had spoken with upon his initial arrival. Oh, hey, it's the cute friendly one. When she reminded them of her quirk, Aichi found himself quite curious. His curiosity was both sated and exacerbated when she split into separate forms.

First up was Blue. She seemed very factual and straight to the point. Sure, that was fine. Brainy chicks were kinda hot. But, sometimes that strong opinion was just too much trouble. His mind briefly drifted to his childhood friend before returning the the moment to catch the last bit of Blue's introduction. Having the uncanny ability to strategize with...well, yourself, seemed like it could be super handy. From there, she told another one of her clones to introduce herself. This time it was Sky, another shade of blue. A much lighter shade, and from what he could tell, even the slight color change represented a significant personality shift. Sky was definitely the most shy girl he had ever seen. It was adorable, in a way, but, also kind of annoying. Sure, girls were normally a little more prone to being emotional, but this was just too much. Aichi's expression changed to one of deep thought, his mind wandering as he tried to take in as much information as possible.

Next, was Green, a tough and tomboyish version of Sumire. She mentioned durability, which was something Aichi wouldn't mind testing at some point. A cute punching bag gave him some rather confused feelings, but, he pushed the thoughts away as the next form introduced herself. Next was Yellow, a hyperactive version of the girl that was apparently super fast. Her speed was impressive. Aichi hadn't even noticed that his scarf was missing until she showed it to him. His reaction was, at first, surprise, then irritation.

"Hey! That's my lucky scarf, give it-!"

Aichi's words were interrupted when another Sumire began to introduce herself. This one was Orange. Orange took the scarf from her and handed it to another version of her, the red one, then began speaking about herself. The Orange one seemed...well, odd. Like, that weird person you actively avoid at a party. She came off as lazy and generally uncaring about anything. Her quirk was also interesting, in of that she could create mind altering conditions. Drugs? Isn't that just the kind of thing some people were here for? At any rate, his mind shifted again as the red Sumire began to speak, and just the body language and posture she expressed exuded a great deal of confidence and a sort of sexy allure. She approached Aichi specifically. Even the way she spoke was seductive. Her hips swayed as she approached him, and next thing he knew she was right in his face, wrapping his scarf around his neck to pull her close against him.

Aichi's face burned as it started to turn red, a heavy blush forming across his cheeks. He could feel the supple flesh of her chest through her clothing pressing against his chest. His teenage mind raced, and her words barely caught his ears. A familiar sensation crept up his spine in response to the situation and the pressure against him. Aichi chuckled nervously and slowly took the scarf in his hands and floated backwards, putting it back around his neck as he turned over so he was upside down, his back now facing them. His laughter grew even more nervous, almost to the point of sounding pained.

"Hehe...yeah, uhm...sure. Sounds...uhm...hahaha...yeah..."

His voice came out in short bursts between awkward giggles and chuckles, nervous ticks creaking within his voice. How was he supposed to react to that?!

Hayakawa, Toguro
"Nightmist"

------------------------------
Toguro sat at his desk, his laptop computer open in front of him. The room was dimly lit, barely any light aside from the brightness radiating from the screen. His eyes were glued to the screen, slightly narrowed with a slight smile underneath his mask. A logo flashed on the screen for the television news show "Good Morning, Heroes!". As the intro for the show ended, a well dressed woman was seated behind a desk. Her attired was formal, yet elegant and pretty, a great compliment to the well maintained dark hair falling over her shoulders. Sparkling brown eyes gaze into the camera directly, almost as though she were looking directly at him, a friendly smile crossing her lips, revealing slight age lines along her face before she spoke;

"Good morning, Heroes! I'm your host, and resident local hero, Cyncerity! It's a lovely morning today here in Hosu, perfect for the parade scheduled for this afternoon. Today, we'll be talking about the campaign to shut down the Juvenile Rehabilitation program, a program instated less than a decade ago with the goal of rehabilitating troubled youth. While most citizens still approve of the program, citing success stories like Mr. Diamond, Nightmist, The Master, and Baron Mind, a movement is growing all over the country to shut down the project for fear of the quote; "delinquents", end quote, being given undeserved freedom only to become even more threatening criminals. I am joined by fellow hero and leader of this movement; Command. Welcome, Command, and good morning!"

The camera was pan slowly over to reveal a man sitting beside her, a handsome man in his early thirties with heavily styled light blonde hair and a chiseled masculine face flashed her a smile. His attire was his standard costume, a white suit with light blue boots, gloves, and a short cape. His chest was adorned with a short line of medals, military from the look of them, and a large letter "C" on the chest. His smile didn't waver in the slightest before he spoke, his voice was fairly medium in tone and depth, but it had an undeniable degree of smoothness to it, each word could pour over the ear like honey.

"Good morning, Cyncerity. It is a distinct pleasure to be your guest today."

The woman, Cyncerity's smile didn't waver either, though the particularly astute would note a slight twitch of her brow as she looked to him. The friendly demeanor she was well known for was on full display, but the feisty attitude she sometimes kept in reserve for her most difficult guests seemed to be barely beneath the surface.

"The pleasure is likewise. Now, tell us what your movement is about. Why do you believe that the JRA program should be closed?"

Command's smile faltered, adopting a more serious expression. The outgoing confidence was still present, but the more stern sound of his voice commanded attention, another reason for his title.

"I'll be frank with you, both you and your lovely audience deserve the bold truth. The JRA program is not only a waste of our country's money, but it serves more as an example to be villainous than to turn from it. We began this movement, because while the JRA program has turned out a few novel citizens, heroes even, but the numbers don't lie. A staggering seventy percent of the students in the program don't even pass the program and return to their standard sentences. More concerning, of that seventy percent, forty percent of those students actually return to a life of crime upon completing their sentence. There are concerns, well founded concerns, that the facilities are only going to spur the delinquent youths into becoming full fledged villains. The dangers are too real that these children, these young criminals, will use what they learn in this program to become true threats to society."

Cyncerity listened to the man speak, nodding briefly as he did so. Her fingers laced together in front of her on the desk while she listened. After he finished his thought, she responded;

"Those statistics are legitimate, however they are also chosen specifically to imply that the negatives drastically outweigh the positives. Most of the students in the program that don't graduate the program still have their sentences reduced and go on to become productive members of society. Passing the program is specifically a label given to those whom choose to pursue a heroic career. The different facilities have different rules regarding the security measures, though they all utilize state of the art technology to ensure the safety of both the students and the faculty. Additionally, your argument in regards to wasted finances doesn't hold water either, as removing individuals from our prisons saves the country a great deal of money, while also teaching these students to become hard working members of society trains them for a wide variety of occupations, further assisting the economy."

Command showed the same courtesy, nodding and listening intently as she spoke. At her points, he occasionally, made a placating gesture or a simple cock of his head to the side to surrender the point. Still, he didn't seem convinced.

"Let me be clear. The program does produce some positive results. Some of the individuals involved in the program do become heroes and yes, many do go on to have productive jobs within the community. However, that seed of villainy, the doubt of justice and law is still within them. That kind of thing stays with people. When someone commits an evil act, it scars them. They become what they did, and it will never leave them. People don't change. It is my belief, and that of those who are with me in the movement, that the majority of these people, even if they don't return to crime immediately, will during their lifetime. Let's be honest here. Even if the majority don't, even if, and this is a severely ballooned figure here, ninety-five percent of the individuals in this program, present, past, or future, do integrate sufficiently, and don't even commit any additional crimes. That measly five percent can be enough to have catastrophic repercussions. Think of how many people can be hurt or worse by a single person, much less dozens or hundreds whom this program failed to truly rehabilitate. If the worst should happen, God forbid, that even one of this students has a powerful quirk and becomes inclined to use it, this program will be responsible. These people, even if they are young, should be contained in a safe environment, high security prisons, not glorified summer schools."

The woman's expression barely shifted as he spoke, but one who was paying close attention would be able to see a slight twitch in her face, pushing down the frustration of what he was saying. Syncerity went to speak, only to be interrupted by someone speaking into her earpiece. She held a finger up to the camera for a moment, her expression shifting into a clearly upset look. Visibly distressed, she looked at the camera, then over to her guest speaker for a long moment before looking back to the camera.

"Breaking news regarding the very topic we were discussing. I just received word that the JRA East was just attacked. Sources say that some violent altercation is currently taking place within the facility. Details are scarce, and the faculty of the academy are calling for immediate aid for any and all heroes who are able to assist. I am sorry to our guest, but, we must end the broadcast now."

Cyncerity was still visibly bothered as she looked back to Command, whom had barely moved during the explanation. His face was calm, almost serene, showing little to no emotional response. When she addressed him, however, he respectfully bowed his head, but didn't say a word.

"I thank you again for coming today, Command. Good day."
The woman bowed her head as well, and the broadcast ended, the screen darkening.

Nightmist was taken back. He was enjoying seeing Cyncerity work, as he always did. But, hearing his comrade in arms talk so negatively about the program that had become a passion for him was harsh. Worse yet, when the attack was announced, he felt a pit forming in his stomach. This was all wrong. What was going on? An attack on a JRA? Why? Mere moments after the broadcast ended, his phone vibrated in his pocket. Nightmist already knew what it was. He drew his phone, looking at the message.

"Nightmist, you are needed. Report to Hosu immediately. Encore will remain with the students to ensure their safety. If she does not receive this message, inform her before you depart. Be quick, time is of the essence."

Nightmist's heart sank. This was awful, but, he wouldn't have time to contemplate what this meant for the program. It was important that he do what he can to help people. Plus, he had to get to the bottom of this. Something about this felt off, even in regards to an attack on an academy. In fairness, it wasn't exactly unheard of. He quickly rose from his seat, taking a brief moment to look at the picture on his desk, a familiar full smile barely visible in the dark of the room, just the lower half of the image being visible. With a dash, Nightmist moved, making his way outside where he new his colleague would be. He arrived quickly, one of the students had only just finished speaking before his arrival. Nightmist stopped just short of Encore, leaning in close to whisper in her ear.

"Don't know if you got the message. JRA East was just attacked. I'm being called to assist and they want you to stay here with the kids. I'm gonna find out what's going on. Keep them safe."

Barely sparing any time for a reply, he dashed off, making his way out of the facility for a rather grim train ride to Hosu.

Reactions: Kurogane86