[Jun 21, 2014] Crimvale Keep (Pathfinder) - SIGNUPS CLOSED (Roll20)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
How much Pathfinder/D&D have you played?

I haven't played much to be totally honest. I understand the basics of rolling, movement, attacking, etc. I know cerulean really well and he has been teaching me as much as he could so far. I am nowhere near your caliber or some of the other people in the game, especially now that I have seen some of the threads and information you have posted about your adventure, and the level of detail you are packing into these storylines. I gotta say, its impressive...and I would love to be a part of it for sure!

Basically I have a lot to learn but I learn real quickly.

Okay. So I'm guessing you haven't made a character before.

Here is a good place to start. Just work through it a little at a time, and come back here when you have questions. We're all happy to help (except Talon - he's a cunt). As mentioned earlier, we're between seasons, so we have a nice long break to get you onboarded.

hey thanks for the page, i shall check it out and do some character creation now then! what level should I start my character out at? Cerulean was talking like nine or ten, I didn't know what you had in mind... Also what is the deal with equipment and such? can I have some of the loot you guys have accumulated so far along the story line or doesn't it matter too much since I am just starting up?

We have a guild vault. =D

If I end up with the loot I wanted from last session, I am more than willing to let you have the ring of protection that I already had and a weapon. (If you go with two-handers) I have plenty.

- Starting experience is 34,000. You begin at Level 8.

- You may spend a maximum of 20 points on abilities, BEFORE racial modifiers.

- You may then increase TWO of your stats by 1 (or ONE of your stats by 2) to represent passing Levels 4 & 8.

- Starting gold is 10,000gp. And you can take any unclaimed items from the Guild Vault. We might also be able to give you some loot from our last adventure, if it's unclaimed.

- When determining hitpoints, use the FULL VALUE for Level one, and the AVERAGE value (rounding up) for LEVELS 2-8.

Wow. Generous indeed, thanks! I am making the character now, but I have a ton of questions...is there a way that I could post my sheet online or something that will let you correct anything that seems out of the ordinary? and what all is in the vault, cause I would love a good bow!!

Post it here, dood. And click the blue link for the guild vault. xD

Asmodeus- I think my character is complete, with the exception of my armor. I found something called Elven Chain that I really wanted to use, but I have no idea what most of its stats are. I will upload my character sheet here momentarily; here's hoping I did it all right!

I did some searching online and it says that the elven mail is made of mithral, and behaves like light armor. but I can't find an AC bonus anywhere for mithrail or elven mail...

Tis true, i am a c**t!

...However they are useful.....perhaps a different title for me Asmo?????

Last edited by a moderator:
Elmadeil Sharpeye

Chaotic Good Elven Ranger, Level 8

Strength-14 +2
Fortitude (6)
Dexterity-18 +4

Constitution-10 +0

Reflex (10)
Intelligence-14 +2

Wisdom-13 +1

Will (3)
Charisma-10 +0

Speed- 30 feet Armor Class- 14 Hit Points- 45

climb: 3

craft ranged ammo: 9

escape artist: 2

handle animal: 0

heal: 11

intimidate: 0

knowledge (dungeons): 10

knowledge (geography): 8

knowledge (nature): 3

move silently: 9

ride: 5

spellcraft: 7

spot: 6

survival: 4

swim: 1
Elven Chain Mail: Light Mithral chainmail crafted by Elven smithing techniques.

Max Dexterity: +4 Check Penalty: -2 Spell Failure: 20% 20 lbs

Composite Longbow (+2 attack bonus): 14/9 Damage 1d8, x3 critical, 110 ft range, 3 lbs.
Ranger's Kit: This includes a backpack, a bedroll, a belt pouch, a flint and steel, iron pot, mess kit, rope, torches (10), trail rations (5 days), and a waterskin. 28 lbs total

20x arrows

TOTAL: 53 pounds, light load
Lightning Reflexes: I have faster reflexes than normal.
Benefit: I get a +2 bonus on all Reflex saving throws.​

Point-Blank Shot (Combat): I am especially accurate when making ranged attacks against close targets.
Benefit: I get a +1 bonus on attack and damage rolls with ranged weapons at ranges of up to 30 feet.​

Rapid Shot (Combat) I can make an additional ranged attack.
Prerequisites: Dex 13, Point-Blank Shot.
Benefit: When making a full-attack action with a ranged weapon, I can fire one additional time that round. All of my attack rolls take a –2 penalty when using Rapid Shot.​

Quick Draw (Combat): I can draw weapons faster than most.
Prerequisite: Base attack bonus +1.
Benefit: I can draw a weapon as a free action instead of as a move action. I can draw a hidden weapon (see the Sleight of Hand skill) as a move action. A character who has selected this feat may throw weapons at his full normal rate of attacks (much like a character with a bow). Alchemical items, potions, scrolls, and wands cannot be drawn quickly using this feat.​
Low-light vision; Elves can
see twice as far as humans
in conditions of dim light.

Immunity- Magical sleep

+2 Saving throw against
enchantments.

+2 Caster level checks to
overcome spell resistance.

+2 Spellcraft skill checks to
identify the properties of
magical items.

+2 Perception checks.

+4 Bluff, Knowledge,
Perception, Sense Motive
and Survival against Orc
and Magical Beasts

+4 Attack and Damage
Rolls against Orc and
Magical Beasts

Proficient with longbows,
shortbows (inc.
composites), longswords,
rapiers.

Any weapon with "Elven" in
its name is treated as a
martial weapon.

Anatomist: You have studied the workings of anatomy, either as a student at university or as an apprentice mortician or necromancer. You know where to aim your blows to strike vital organs. You gain a +1 trait bonus on all rolls made to confirm critical hits.

Battlefield Disciple
: You are skilled at supporting your allies in the heat of battle. You gain a +2 trait bonus on Heal checks made to stabilize a dying creature. In addition, when you successfully use the aid another action in combat to grant an ally a bonus on her next attack roll, the bonus you grant increases by 1.
A ranger is proficient with all simple and martial weapons and with light armor, medium armor, and shields (except tower shields)

Favored Enemies; Orc, Magical Beasts.

Tracking (Extraordinary Ability): Half of level to Survival skill checks to follow tracks.

Wild Empathy (Extraordinary Ability): Roll 1d20 and add his level and Charisma bonus to determine the wild empathy check result to make Animals friendly. The
typical domestic animal has a starting attitude of indifferent, while wild animals are usually unfriendly.

To use wild empathy, the ranger and the animal must be within 30 feet of one another under normal visibility conditions. Generally, influencing an animal in this
way takes 1 minute, but, as with influencing people, it might take more or less time.

The ranger can also use this ability to influence a magical beast with an Intelligence score of 1 or 2, but he takes a –4 penalty on the check.

Archery Combat Style

Endurance: Harsh conditions or long exertions do not easily tire me.

Benefit: I gain a +4 bonus on the following checks and saves: Swim checks made to resist nonlethal damage from exhaustion; Constitution checks made to continue running; Constitution checks made to avoid nonlethal damage from a forced march; Constitution checks made to hold your breath; Constitution checks made to avoid nonlethal damage from starvation or thirst; Fortitude saves made to avoid nonlethal damage from hot or cold environments; and Fortitude saves made to resist damage from suffocation. I may also sleep in light or medium armor without becoming fatigued.

Favored Terrain: Forest, Mountain. +2 bonus on Initiative checks and Knowledge (geography), Perception, Stealth, and Survival skill checks while in the Forest or Mountain terrain.

Hunter's Bond: This bond allows me to spend a move action to grant half of my favored enemy bonus against a single target of the appropriate type to all allies within 30 feet who can see or hear me. This bonus lasts for a number of rounds equal to the ranger's Wisdom modifier (minimum 1). This bonus does not stack with any favored enemy bonuses possessed by my allies; they use whichever bonus is higher.

Swift Tracker (Extraordinary Ability): Ranger can move at his normal speed while using Survival to follow tracks without taking the normal –5 penalty. I take only a –10 penalty (instead of the normal –20) when moving at up to twice normal speed while tracking.
Entangle: Transmutation spell; Ranger LVL 1

Components: V, S, DF

Range: long (400 ft. + 40 ft./level)

Area: plants in a 40-ft.-radius spread

Duration 1 min./level (D)

Entangle Spell Description: This spell causes tall grass, weeds, and other plants to wrap around creatures in the area of effect or those that enter the area. Creatures that fail their save gain the entangled condition. Creatures that make their save can move as normal, but those that remain in the area must save again at the end of your turn. Creatures that move into the area must save immediately. Those that fail must end their movement and gain the entangled condition. Entangled creatures can attempt to break free as a move action, making a Strength or Escape Artist check. The DC for this check is equal to the DC of the spell. The entire area of effect is considered difficult terrain while the effect lasts.

If the plants in the area are covered in thorns, those in the area take 1 point of damage each time they fail a save against the entangle or fail a check made to break free.

Detect Snares and Pits: School divination; Level druid 1, ranger 1

Casting Time: 1 standard action

Components: V, S

Range: 60 ft.

Area: cone-shaped emanation

Duration: concentration, up to 10 min./level (D)

Saving Throw: none; Spell Resistance no

Detect Snares and Traps Spell Description: I can detect simple pits, deadfalls, and snares as well as mechanical traps constructed of natural materials. The spell does not detect complex traps, including trapdoor traps.

Detect snares and pits does detect certain natural hazards—quicksand (a snare), a sinkhole (a pit), or unsafe walls of natural rock (a deadfall). It does not reveal other potentially dangerous conditions. The spell does not detect magic traps (except those that operate by pit, deadfall, or snaring; see the spell snare), nor mechanically complex ones, nor those that have been rendered safe or inactive.

The amount of information revealed depends on how long I study a particular area.

1st Round: Presence or absence of hazards.

2nd Round: Number of hazards and the location of each. If a hazard is outside my line of sight, then I discern its direction but not its exact location.

Each Additional Round: The general type and trigger for one particular hazard closely examined.

Each round, I can turn to examine a new area. The spell can penetrate barriers, but 1 foot of stone, 1 inch of common metal, a thin sheet of lead, or 3 feet of wood or dirt blocks it.

Cure Light Wounds: School conjuration (healing); Level bard 1, cleric 1, druid 1, paladin 1, ranger 2

Casting Time 1 standard action

Components: V, S

Range: touch

Target: creature touched

Duration: instantaneous

Saving Throw: Will half (harmless); see text; Spell Resistance yes (harmless); see text

Cure Light Wounds Spell Description: When laying my hand upon a living creature, I channel positive energy that cures 1d8 points of damage + 1 point per caster level (maximum +5). Since undead are powered by negative energy, this spell deals damage to them instead of curing their wounds. An undead creature can apply spell resistance, and can attempt a Will save to take half damage.

Blessed with lives that far outlast those of Men, the Elves have long stood as the guardians of the ebb and flow of time. Generations, civilizations, and lifetimes have rolled by as the Elves have watched, removed from the cares and concerns of the material world, as stalwart caretakers of Mother Nature. But as the Age of the Elves came to an end and the Age of Man arose, the elves realized that they had two possible futures awaiting them; either fade into the folds of time's cold, faceless and nameless embrace as so many of their bretheren had already, or adapt to fit the changes in nature that they had so long cared for and protected and embrace the ever-reaching, greedy clutches of Men.

It was into this in-between time that Elamdeil Sharpeye was born. From a young age he was a natural with the bow, and with the subtleties of nature, and possessed an uncanny ability to comprehend ideas and situations far beyond his age and maturity. With the blessings of his elders and the community at large, Elmadeil was sent as a sort of a scout into the realm of Men, to ascertain whether or not it was time for the Elves to leave their seclusion in the wild recesses of the world and rejoin the society they had long shunned.

Few are the number of elves that desire fame, riches and glory. Even fewer are the number of elves willing to leave what they know and love in search of these transitory ideals...yet Elmadeil knew from a young age that he was called to become something different than his ordered destiny as a Ranger, skirting the boundary of those wild places and the ever approaching civilizations of Men. Without hesitation, when asked to perform a role far outside the normal customs and traditions of Elven society, Elmadeil agreed with enthusiasm and formed a small, highly mobile and differently-abled band of Rangers he had handpicked for their more personable and adaptive natures. They decided to call themselves Traders, belying their actual nature as highly intelligent scouts. Sent beyond the fringes of Elven society, the Traders easily entered the kingdoms of Men and began plying their trades as Fletchers, Hunting Guides, Trackers and other simple, natural and comfortable roles.

There have always been some castaway individuals within the Elven communities that have set out to live among Men, so the presence of a handful more elves went unnoticed among the masses, yet at no point did the Traders forget their true calling: to protect with their lives the secrecy and sanctity of the places they called home, and ascertain whether or not it was time for the elves to leave the wilds and rejoin the world they had left behind to flourish or fail so long ago.

This is where we meet Elmadeil Sharpeye, in the prime of his youth and full of vigor and a thirst to prove himself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Asmo, are we allowed to wear two of the same item?

@Elmadeil Sharpeye

Alright, you're looking good so far, except for a few pieces that are out-of-order. The max amount of points you can place in a skill at your level is 8. You also get a bonus from whatever ability score it's attached to and another 3 points if it's a class skill. So you might have to do some number editing!

As well, you appear to be missing your class abilities from ranger! You need two Favored Enemies, two Favored Terrains, and you'll be getting a few bonus feats based on the style you choose (Archery, I'm guessing).

You started getting spells at the fourth level of ranger, thanks to your wisdom score. You'll have two 1st-level spells and one 2nd-level spell.

Plus, backstory: very important!

Hey thanks Frost, I actually just finished looking at the Ranger class abilities and the spells I can use, I will upload them momentarily. And if I am only level eight, then what you are saying is that I can only have say...my heal ability at 8 max as well?

and backstory is tough at the moment because I didnt have much time, I was celebrating a buddy's birthday. Should have the backstory up soon though as well!!

It was my birthday. :3

8 ranks max. You still get +3 for it being a class ability and +1 from your wisdom, for a total bonus of 12 to heal rolls, as an example.

Also, happy b-day, Ceru!

• Thank You
Reactions: Cerulean
Frost, are you going to run the chronicle you just posted? Also, is it part of the quest and story line of the regular crimvale line? and does that mean I am allowed to participate?

So many questions.....

Status
Not open for further replies.