Iwaku's Magical UPDATE DAY August 28th!

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll just sit and pout until it's all over :T

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Hana
GOOD NEWS. 8D I totes wasn't lazy and I did the groundwork for the style update. So that's totes a thing and it was way easier than I was expecting. c_____c

THIS IS AMAZING. I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS BEAUTIFUL UPDATE TO MAKE IWAKU WONDERFUL!! :D
So honestly curious, what would you say the MAIN purpose of groups would be?

So honestly curious, what would you say the MAIN purpose of groups would be?
Ideally they would be clubs for common interests, Like Pokemon Go players, Steven Universe fans, etc. So peeps can talk about THEIR TOPIC all willy nilly as they please, where it might get lost in General.

It's also excellent for big groups of friends or mini communities within Iwaku. The Murder Games group is a really good example of that.

And theeeen, of course, lots of people will inevitable use them to host roleplays so they can have a ton of threads for their roleplay all in one place. That is also acceptable. (But not recommended cause dead groups and groups were the owner vanishes will get deleted and all your precious logs go with it. D:)

• Love
Reactions: Absyinthe_Artica
When groups are in place, I probably will just stick to storing my OOC information in a group. Instead of the actual In-Character Thread. :)

THE MOMENT IWAKU OPENS, THE ANIME AND MANGA GROUP WILL ONCE AGAIN LIVE! :D

WHAT DO WE GET WITH THIS NEW UPDATE?

We're going to be debuting a new groups/clubs/guilds system. (or whatever the hell we decide to name it so people will stop getting it confused with Group Roleplays. O_O) FINALLY. FIIIIIIIINAAAAAALLLLYYYYY. We're really excited to bring this feature back to Iwaku in the way it's MEANT to be. You know, usable.

There is a possibility that Iwaku is getting a new site-wide style, where members can easily one click customize the accent colors of the site. This will depend solely on how lazy your Owlmom is.

Calling the 'group system' some other name would be a good idea to keep them from getting confused with Group Roleplays. Calling them 'guilds' or 'clubs' or 'communities' (to me, 'communities' sounds the friendliest of the alternate terms) is a good idea to avoid confusion. I wholeheartedly approve of it.

As for colors, I'd like to have a bit more color options available. Maybe some more shades of grey, or 'lemon chiffon' background colors.

Ideally they would be clubs for common interests, Like Pokemon Go players, Steven Universe fans, etc. So peeps can talk about THEIR TOPIC all willy nilly as they please, where it might get lost in General.

It's also excellent for big groups of friends or mini communities within Iwaku. The Murder Games group is a really good example of that.
I'm glad you mentioned the Murder Games group like this. Over the past year and a half, the hard working group managers (I say managers it's better than 'owners') have been working hard to improve the MG group and make it a more fun and entertaining place for everyone.

Anyway, as I said above, I think I prefer the term 'communities' to 'clubs'. 'Clubs' makes it sound too ... exclusive. 'Communities' has a more welcoming connotation. Or maybe it's just me. Others might not feel the same way.

Anyway, as I said above, I think I prefer the term 'communities' to 'clubs'. 'Clubs' makes it sound too ... exclusive. 'Communities' has a more welcoming connotation.
I like this suggestion. >:] I will keep it in mind

There is a possibility that Iwaku is getting a new site-wide style, where members can easily one click customize the accent colors of the site. This will depend solely on how lazy your Owlmom is.

Yes please. <3

I'm tired of my bland Grey Mist being without color. lol. XD​

So I have been using the new style the past few days while I look for things that needs fixing on it, and it's WONDERFUL. I customed my colors and it looks lovely. 8D

• Love
Reactions: Klutzy Ninja Kitty
O.O
custom colors?
this will be a thing 8D ??????
*is very excited*

*Is way too lazy to customize stuff*

There are premade color sets for you people who FAIL HARD at matching colors

and then the ability to choose the 4 custom colors of your own design...

HERE IS A TEASER IMAGE. THIS IS WHAT I DID ON MINE WITH THE "BLACK" STYLE WITH CUSTOM COLORS!

4colors.png

There are premade color sets for you people who FAIL HARD at matching colors
Or the ones that are way too lazy to lift a finger to style even the simplest thing :D YAY FOR SHORTCUTS FOR LAZY FOLKS!

I am so excited for this now! 8D
not that I wasn't before
But Soooo excited!

When the update hits, I'm going to make my eyes bleed, because that's always fun. ♥ ♥ ♥

The new groups/clubs/guilds/communities/teams/associations/cults/bands/factions/gangs/parties/bevies/cartels/chains/circles/cliques/clots/clusters/collections/conglomerates/coteries/coveys/crews/leagues/messes/packs/passels/parcels/platoons/pools/posses/sets/sorts/syndicates/hive minds/other-words-for-groups-that-Cyan-may-or-may-not-know-the-definition-of,-but-is-randomly-picking-stuff-from-a-thesaurus-for-the-most-part sound nice.

Joined the Discord server in case I forget to later. ♥

I'll try to remember to donate, but my memory is terrible.

If you guys call the groups Guilds... Does that mean I'll be on the Roleplayer Guild again? :3

Status
Not open for further replies.