Iwaku's Magical UPDATE DAY August 28th!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you guys call the groups Guilds... Does that mean I'll be on the Roleplayer Guild again? :3
No. You'll still be on a site with active admins and adequate moderation staff, so it still won't be a true Roleplayer Guild experience. :P

Okay, I'll try to remeber that is the day to actually do productive stuff RL/Most likely get distracted by something other than roleplays.

As a brand new refugee from another website that will remain nameless, but most recently underwent a horrifyingly awful update that essentially lost me 6000 posts worth of content without so much as an 'oops, our bad', the word update makes me vomit a little... JUST double checking, then, that things are gonna still be relatively the same, format wise. Like, the site will still essentially be recognizable?

<3 Just a traumatized little noob *lol*

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Pahn
As a brand new refugee from another website that will remain nameless, but most recently underwent a horrifyingly awful update that essentially lost me 6000 posts worth of content without so much as an 'oops, our bad', the word update makes me vomit a little... JUST double checking, then, that things are gonna still be relatively the same, format wise. Like, the site will still essentially be recognizable?

<3 Just a traumatized little noob *lol*
yes, most will stay the same. The biggest difference is that the group system will be deleted and replaced with a new one. (The forum and group roleplays will not be effected, it's the group tab that's going to change because our current system is too old and broken.)

Redblood is correct, just one site feature being changed drastically and everything else should remain basically the same. We always give firm advance notice of at least a month before we do any major changes that might require people to save their work elsewhere, and if anything gets lost unintentionally then our lovely server host @jared555 has backups that can be used to restore everything to a previous state and revert such losses entirely. :D

Haha - bless you :-D This is good news. Thanks!

Redblood is correct, just one site feature being changed drastically and everything else should remain basically the same. We always give firm advance notice of at least a month before we do any major changes that might require people to save their work elsewhere, and if anything gets lost unintentionally then our lovely server host @jared555 has backups that can be used to restore everything to a previous state and revert such losses entirely. :D

Roughly 200 backups spanning multiple months :p

That's how you become my hero... JUST saying.

Reactions: Turtle of the Tired
We're gonna have a new site style, but it looks almost exactly like the current site style. O__O It'll also be familiar to any users from other xenforo sites cause it's a really popular one that like, everyone uses. =___= I HAD TO GET IT THOUGH CAUSE IT'S SO EASY TO UPDATE AND GIVE PEOPLE CUSTOM COLORS. NO WORK FOR MEEEE.

And the COOL thing about the new groups is that it looks and works EXACTLY like the current one. >:D It's just a new backend. I wish it had an importer, but siiiiigh. c____c

• Love
Reactions: Klutzy Ninja Kitty
I think I know it, honestly, and I loved and missed it dearly, if it's the color picker I'm familiar with anyway!

I think I know it, honestly, and I loved and missed it dearly, if it's the color picker I'm familiar with anyway!
Yep, that's the one. 8D

let me say that you guys seem to have all your ducks in a row update wise and i love it! i witnessed the horror of the mentioned update on another site and.....yeah i do not want to talk about that.

anyways i am excited to see the update! the style preview looked AMAZING!

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder, will the separation of group R.Ps into genres ever make a comeback? Was it scrapped because it wasn't popular or did it just have issues?

I wonder, will the separation of group R.Ps into genres ever make a comeback? Was it scrapped because it wasn't popular or did it just have issues?
It was scrapped because people constantly misplaced RPs (even though the sections were really basic genres), people had RPs that didn't fit into basic genres and then their RPs languished in the none-too-active Miscellaneous section, and people disliked having to filter each section for open roleplays instead of being able to check all active signup threads at once. It was also much harder on the moderation staff.

The jury is still out on whether they will ever return, but we are currently trying out thread tags instead.

• Thank You
Reactions: Kitti and Jhuton
The DANGEROUS AND NOT RECOMMENDED UPDATE DAY DRINKING GAME where you take a shot every time someone asks when the site is gonna be back up.
Maybe I'll stay up to ask this over and over and over again.

Logic has seen to half of Iwaku's alcohol poisonings.

So soon.. it will be so soon. I'm so excited. I will be at work from 12-5 but anytime after five MST I will be around the chatbox~

You're late, Diana! 8D

12am. Can anyone specify a timezone?

• Thank You
Reactions: Indabayou
Status
Not open for further replies.