Iwaku wants YOU

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Do you want a Melon back.

But nah I know I'm not allowed to juggle AMOR and Iwaku.

But I do miss you guys though. ; ;
You know we'd take you back if we could. ;__; Diana's lucky to have you on AMOR.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
I do staff work all the time on my iPhone, although it is a bit of a pain. As an intern (which you'll start out as), the work you'll be doing definitely won't require any coding. In fact, unless you end up as an administrator down the line, I'm pretty sure no coding will be necessary. xD I certainly don't do any. I just click buttons.

Hmm... button mashing is one of my fortés-

Hmm... button mashing is one of my fortés-
You should.

I don't have very many profound things to say except that staff really is a fun experience. I find the work to be relaxing more than anything else. Also, you don't have to be super community-oriented to apply (that's why I'm on maintenance lol), although we do encourage people to spread their wings a little bit from time to time.

Plus, we have internet cookies and cupcakes. And a staff discord. Who can pass that up?

MELON IS MINE. Ò◇Ó -KICKS OVER THE COFFEE FOUNTAIN-

... although I guess technically you're all mine.

Ò◇Ó -KNOCKS OVER THE CUPCAKE DISPLAY ANYWAY- FEEEED MEEEEE SOOOOULS OR I'LL GET FLOOOOFFFYYYY.

Why is diany being all owl smashy lately, silly?

Reactions: Adaon ril'Morgerard
staff is great yes join today

[spoili]Ok, for real, being on staff has been great. Assignments are easily accomplished, the community is great, and I get to be all professional. Nice.[/spoili]

I've tried joining staff a couple times, but I'm a lurker, because I just like to roleplay so I know I won't be able to be a part of staff

I've tried joining staff a couple times, but I'm a lurker, because I just like to roleplay so I know I won't be able to be a part of staff
You don't necessarily have to participate in the community outside of roleplaying to qualify for Staff, but if you're a PM or Clans only RPer you are at a disadvantage because we do not consider applicants with Lurker status and we do look to see forum post history. If we don't see posts, chances are you won't get hired. :[

• Useful
Reactions: Greenie
Running-away-GIF_1.gif

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Adaon ril'Morgerard
You don't necessarily have to participate in the community outside of roleplaying to qualify for Staff, but if you're a PM or Clans only RPer you are at a disadvantage because we do not consider applicants with Lurker status and we do look to see forum post history. If we don't see posts, chances are you won't get hired. :[
But the weird part is, I tried it before I had the lurker status. It was a few months ago, and I only got this status a few days ago.

But the weird part is, I tried it before I had the lurker status. It was a few months ago, and I only got this status a few days ago.
We don't usually decide on apps the minute we get applications! Sometimes we're not hiring, or sometimes we haven't seen enough activity from a person to make a good call, or any number of other factors. Sometimes we limit the number of Interns we hire. Sometimes we're hiring people with specific jobs in mind. We keep all apps on file forever, so just because you didn't hear back, it doesn't mean you won't be considered at some point.

That said, reapplying now and then is a good idea because it shows us when we do get around to making hires again that you are still interested.

• Useful
Reactions: Greenie and Kitti
Hmmm, this looks interesting. Might not be so bad...I can do this! :D

*reads first question of application*

horrified-batman.jpg

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Greenie
My time on staff was honestly lovely. Everyone is so great and friendly; I'm shy as all hell and was worried about getting along with my fellow staffers, but I was received with open arms. :' ) Also, shit is ran so well. The organization was delicious.

We don't usually decide on apps the minute we get applications! Sometimes we're not hiring, or sometimes we haven't seen enough activity from a person to make a good call, or any number of other factors.
I think that this is an important general note that some people don't realize (and you can probably ask a good number of current staff and they'll agree): we hire at the beginning of the month and some months we don't hire any interns. That means that some people who are perfectly good candidates still wait a few months to get hired sometimes.

There can be other reasons, too, like Ozzie mentioned, this is just something for the times between hiring drives when it's not actually necessarily anything to worry about if you don't hear anything for a month or two.

Join us, I need more people to join the secret operation to bully Jorick and Astaroth join the awesome party that is staff!

Alright I already posted here, but I didn't actually say anything about my time on staff. SO LETS GET TO THE sap STORY SHALL WE?

Throw it all the way back to October of 2014 - little Melon was hired as a Community Volunteer, which is now known as Intern. She was still fairly new to the forum, AND BRAND FUCKING NEW TO MODERATING. Little Melon struggled some with moving threads and the like for a while. In February of 2015 she was promoted to staff - and there was only 18 staff in total, including the admins. She was absolutely terrified of messing up, doing something dumb, etc, you name it - she was scared of it. It didn't take long, though, for her to find out what she was good at. And despite originally being beyond intimidated by the staff (for no reason) she formed several new friendships. She went on to work as a Security mod for two and a half years. And she learned a lot about moderating. But more importantly, she learned a lot about herself.

Nowadays I am a moderator on AMOR, and do my thing over there. But Iwaku and its staff hold a special place in my heart, and I'm pretty sure always will. I met some of my best friends through staff. And I don't know where I'd be if it weren't for them shoutout to @Astaroth for being a bright light in my life and practically being my big brother.

I know that each experience is different, but believe me when I say that Iwaku's staff is unlike any other. It's one big ass family. Like I said, I don't know where or what I would have been if it weren't for Iwaku. And I still intend to help it be a better place - because Iwaku made me a better person.

Though, don't think of staff as some elite status either. There are some frustrating moments, and you give more than you receive. Yet it is still a rewarding job - knowing you're making a site you love a better place.

So, if you want to help the site grow and flourish - join staff. If you want to make some of the greatest friends of your life - join staff.

Alright so I don't know if this was mentioned before, but how many hours a week (or how much time a day) do you expect your staff to come online minimally? I understand there's no strict expectation. I'd just like to get a round-about idea of how much time you want invested in the site.

Alright so I don't know if this was mentioned before, but how many hours a week (or how much time a day) do you expect your staff to come online minimally? I understand there's no strict expectation. I'd just like to get a round-about idea of how much time you want invested in the site.
That is a little hard to answer because we do try to be flexible and understanding and decide these things per case, since it's a volunteer position. If they are going to be gone long periods of time, we expect them to notify us (taking the week off, away for the weekend, going on holiday, going to be busy for the next month), but as long as we have notice we're very very flexible. It depends too on the situation (there's a big difference between someone who only does one or two things a month but is constantly chatting on Discord, and someone who is mid-exams or just had a baby).

If someone hasn't been doing any concrete work over a couple months' time or hasn't logged into the site in over a month and we have no idea why, we will remove them from Staff. We look at Staff activity every month when we review everyone's activity levels, and I think generally we want to see that you've done at least a few hours of work per month. This depends largely on what your job is too, though; Security people who don't notify and are asked to take cases are going to look bad if they are offline all the time, while Maintenance people can log on once a month and do a ton of archiving threads in one go and be perfectly fine.

I hope that helps a little.

But as a, like, "this month was hell and this was all I could do" kind of thing.
Don't plan to do this multiple months in a row. >:|
Patterns of behavior and reliability ARE important and will be taken into consideration, too.

Reactions: Joan