Iwaku wants YOU

So when will a decision be made? I decided to apply, for whatever suicidal reason.

So when will a decision be made? I decided to apply, for whatever suicidal reason.
The earliest we will be hiring anyone is December 1st, but that doesn't mean everyone will be hired then or that you won't be hired later if you don't get hired this round. There are a number of factors and we don't want to hire more people than we can reasonably train at once. All applications are kept on file and we sometimes do hire people as much as a year later than their last app.

• Useful
Reactions: Greenie
The earliest we will be hiring anyone is December 1st, but that doesn't mean everyone will be hired then or that you won't be hired later if you don't get hired this round. There are a number of factors and we don't want to hire more people than we can reasonably train at once. All applications are kept on file and we sometimes do hire people as much as a year later than their last app.

Ok! Thanks :)

Back in the days of yore, when CVs were a thing, I was hired on with a bunch of people at once. I'd filled in an application as honestly as I could, but mostly because 'Oh, this place I like needs help. I'll put in an application, but I honestly don't expect to be picked up.'

I forgot for a while, and then I got a message from DIANA. Oh shit! What did I do!?

Nope, it was a good! I was given a position as a CV, and I remember the first few weeks were a pile of confusion. I knew we had a CV-mama who took care of us, but everything was so chaotic that I'm... honestly not sure who was the mama duck, though I think it may have been Pahn. I kept my distance though, because I was scared to bond.

In those days, being a CV was the task of moving stuff to (or from) the graveyard. We had some sparkly CVs in at the same time as me, and so eventually I was left going "Wait... the section I was working... I don't have anything to do!"

I was in a panic, until suddenly (and perhaps a miracle for my being on staff after having nothing to do of the duties I was assigned and being too shy to ask if I could add more to my to-do list), we had to convert roleplays from one format and to another. Manually.

There were somewhere between four and six of us who went hardcore at it, for PAGES at a time. All the active RPs, and then all the graveyarded roleplays had to be converted so that our members lost no content. My eyes bled. My mind wept at the brain-numbing work, but I made sure to do a few pages a day at least until I wanted to just crawl off and die.

That was honestly the most difficult thing I've ever done on staff, and not only did it feel good to have helped with a huge part of allowing Diana to update the site, but it also helped me feel more comfortable around several of those who also helped in that task.

Most staff duties won't be nearly that intense. I believe the most intensive stuff Security does is investigate people reported for lying about age, avoiding bans, or roleplaying one of the few things forbidden on this site. Maintenance, their craziest duties are cleaning up, which means checking dates on last posts for threads, making sure stuff in the gallery is all in line with the rules, and I believe answering questions in help desk. Community's got the lowest day-to-day duty requirements (aside from being a little bit social), but some community staffers love to host events and write guides, which can get stressful!

So uh...

TL:DR—
Staff isn't a cakewalk, but as long as you show that you're doing your best, that you want to help, and that you love Iwaku, you're going to do awesome!

Plus it gives you a place where it's a little easier to meet people, because the staff channel on our discord has fewer people in it, which helps you ease into getting to know more people around the site! <3

• Thank You
Reactions: The Mood is Write
For those on the fence thinking they won't get hired for x reasons, please be advised I applied initially as a joke and was hired almost immediately. Obviously I don't treat it as a joke, but I was 100% sure I would not be hired when I applied.

For those who think this is a club who only hires friends of current staffies, I literally had no idea who any of these people were before I joined. Now they are my bestest friends and we goof around all the time.

It's a fun job and it's really not that hard. So long as you do a good amount of work, aren't rood, and can follow rules, you will make a wonderful addition!

So come on and apply! pls we need more gallery janitors

• Love
Reactions: Joan
As much as I appreciate all the love you guys are showing, I want to reassure all the lurky people that you don't HAVE to be social and be friends with the whole Staff, either. We actually don't judge your Staff value by how much you hang out with the gang. :P Just do your job.

As much as I appreciate all the love you guys are showing, I want to reassure all the lurky people that you don't HAVE to be social and be friends with the whole Staff, either. We actually don't judge your Staff value by how much you hang out with the gang. :P Just do your job.
*Literally me* 8D

This was way before Pahn, you goof! The CV trainer was @redblood back then.

I helped convert those threads. Oh man.
lmao like I said, I wasn't sure. 8D;;

My memory for names is stinky.

but uh... Now Blood RPs with me. 8D So all is good! (And so does Pahn!)

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Joan
Beyond Nervous but , I did send in my application so fingers crossed on that. ^^

Most terrifying thing because this is my seventh time applying but , I actually hit the button to do so this time.. <.<

Oohhh, such a shame I’m so new... in love with this site already, aha! Hope the process will still be open come the new year! :D
You can still apply! I applied when I was only on the site for a month, and got hired a few months later :D They don't throw away applications just because the member is new -- they keep them somewhere safe, so don't let that stop you :D

-slaps an intern off a chair and roosts- Ò◇Ó I don't know any of these nerds!

This was way before Pahn, you goof! The CV trainer was @redblood back then.

I helped convert those threads. Oh man.

Yup, that was me. Blood was the mama duck :3 Wait, what?

Blood remembers the converting day, blood had lots of fun :D You guys need to enjoy work more!

• Love
Reactions: The Mood is Write
  • Love
Reactions: Lusterine
I miss all you young punks from when I was on staff!

My activity has gone down since becoming a mom, but I've got a few things planned for starting to get back into the thick of it, and I'll still toss my hat into the pile here just as I have done every time a hiring announcement is made.

Staff/Admin team: I should have an application still on record from the last hiring wave - I spoke with Jorick about it several months ago. Do I need to resubmit a new one? If I don't need to, should I?

Everyone else: Apply to be on Staff! It's a great way to get to know people, and is among the best ways for you to help give back to the community that has given the rest of us so much. ^^

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Greenie
Staff/Admin team: I should have an application still on record from the last hiring wave - I spoke with Jorick about it several months ago. Do I need to resubmit a new one? If I don't need to, should I?
I'd say reapply, based on the quote below! ^_^

We don't usually decide on apps the minute we get applications! Sometimes we're not hiring, or sometimes we haven't seen enough activity from a person to make a good call, or any number of other factors. Sometimes we limit the number of Interns we hire. Sometimes we're hiring people with specific jobs in mind. We keep all apps on file forever, so just because you didn't hear back, it doesn't mean you won't be considered at some point.

That said, reapplying now and then is a good idea because it shows us when we do get around to making hires again that you are still interested.