Iwaku Rhyming Slang

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
niccing around sounds like dicking around, asmo.

It works. ._.

Yes, but it's not proper rhyming slang. It has to be a double encoding.

The entire working class of London City has no problem understanding this. Surely Iwaku isn't collectively dumber than a bunch of Victorian street-urchins?

So something like this, then?

Reality = source of something sent. Reality bender = Sender

"The message read 'please return to reality'."

lame, I know. But this is the format/technique, right?

Does this work ? :P

So Xindaris:> So nervous > Xindaris = Nervous > "If I wasn't so Xindaris, I would've won the speech competition."

You're missing a step, Sakura. You need to modify the replacement so that the actual SLANG doesn't rhyme...so it'd be "so Xin"

i.e.
So Xin >> So nervous >> Xindaris = Nervous >> "If I wasn't so Xin, I would've won the speech competition."

*cries into his whisky*

It's Myrnodyn...

*starts self-harming with the whisky bottle*

Yes. We've made Asmo an Alcoholic. My week is complete.

*WMD bludgeons Fel with a Power Trout*
sorry, Commonwealth ties and all that.

So if I'm correct in my assumptions, the accompanying two-word phrase has to sound somewhat similar to the actual word, eh? I can do that! I can do that nine times!

Lycan: > Smoking > Lycan Queen = Nicotine > "Man, my Dianas are terrible. I'm gonna stop Coffeeing for a sec and take a Lycan."

Warmaster: > Drugs > Warmaster Death = Meth > "Try some of this Warmaster. It's good stuff."

*looks up hopefully from his whisky*

Sho Kirishima > One with no self confidence; Sho > Emo

Despite his dianas hes still sush a sho

*goes back to drinking his whisky*

Take it up the Asmo, you ol' git.
I'll do to you what the Sovjets did to Torsty.
=(
=(

You people are doing it all wrong. Geez. Here's how it works.

Single word > Definition > Two or one word phrase = Rhyming synonym for definition > "Sentence using single word"

Like so:

Script > Perma-Ban > Script Man = Ban > "Jerry was spamming threads, so I gave him a Script."

I got it correct with the reality bender = sender thing right?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoSF5mSYmWI&feature=PlayList&p=8B6F56A40CC7F6FF&index=10"]YouTube - Cockney Rhyming Slang. QI.[/ame]

I GOT IT CORRECT THEN; SINCE NO ONE'S TELLING ME I DIDN'T!

BASKET!

Status
Not open for further replies.