Iwaku Rhyming Slang

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by Asmodeus, Oct 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. If anyone has heard of cockney rhyming slang, they'll know it's a great way to piss people off and make them feel stupid.

To this end, we shall here endeavour to make our own Iwaku language, for use in the Cbox, Insanity threads and secret discussions.

All suggestions welcome (except the crap ones):

Please put the new word, what it means, the explanation for the word, and an example sentence.

Paorou: > Someone who spams > Paorou-Sama = Spammer > "That new member's a bit of a Paorou."

Rory: > The plot of an RP > Rory = Story > "What's the Rory here then?"

Piroed: > To lose your character > Pirogeth = Character death > "You've been Piroed I'm afraid"

Asmo-posting: > Talking about your character > Asmo-posting = Boasting > "For fuck's sake, stop Asmo-posting and get on with the Rory before I Piro you."

Dianas: > Your stats > Diana Notacat = Stat > "So, what are your Dianas?"

Coffeed: > Played > Coffeecakesadist = Played this > "Hey, have you guys Coffeed D&D lately?"

Mod: > Later > Moderator = Later > "I'll be posting Mod when I've got the time"

Homac: > Back > Homac = Back > "He'll be Homac Mod to Asmo-post about his Dianas when he's stopped Paorouing in another Rory."

And so forth...
  2. Sound a good. They can be homeless buddies XD
  3. *Wearily blinks at the post.*

..... It's too early to decipher foreign languages... D: I'll be back Mod when you've stopped Paorouing to boost your forum Dianas.
  4. lol@irony for mine.

too sleepy to be original.

I'll be posting mod, after a nap hopefully. :(
  5. I hope everyone's having a great day!
  6. Is there a slang for me? I mean, it's very dickish to make a slang about yourself, you know.
  7. XDbest wish

and k
  8. Hmm....

I guess I will go ahead, and tell you good night. So good night~

9. Name: Vlad Artemiev
    Race: Human
    Job: Owns and Bartends "The Neon Soul" Bar
    Special Powers: Mage Sorcery Specializes in: Detection, Illusion, and Manipulation.

Personality: Vlad is always smiling, laughing, and a generally warm individual. Most people that know him, and attend his bar regularly, call him Papa Arte. He cares for people without hesitation, but that may be because in the future he can get something from them. He's as cunning as he is charming. His smile always hides a deal.

Biography: Vlad came from Russia at a young age. He doesn't have much have an accent, but he knows the language and he's very familiar with the Russian Mob. His parents were mages that made money through their family owned shop, and he learned the trade from them. He had younger twin brother and sister that were born in America, and didn't remember what it was like when their family peddled their arts in Moscow. While he doesn't hold that against them, it doesn't endear him to them, either.

Growing up was fairly normal. He attended school, he learned magic, he got into a few fights, and he inevitably befriended an ork named Nikoli. They were practically joined at the hip, scheming and dreaming. Between Nikoli's strength and prowess and Vlad's smarts and magic, they made quite the duo. When he became of age, instead of furthering his knowledge of the magical arts and taking over his parent's shop he decided to become a Shadow Runner. He figure it was a quick way of making money without all the hassle of having of responsibility.

Vlad actually lived this way for nearly ten years, quite a stretch in Shadow Run time. A run went bad, though, and his team was mostly killed or arrested. Nikoli and him were able to escape, but Vlad had taken a nasty wound to his knee that he would never recover from. Not wanting risk his connection to magic for cybernetic parts, he decided to settle down. By that time his parents had retired and passed the shop on to his younger twins, them turning it into some amusing gimmick with their abilities. So, a little ways down the street he opened a bar, keeping an eye on his family from afar.

Nikoli went back to running after that, occasionally popping by to sell information or buy it from Vlad. And before he turned around twice, he had a successful business on his hands that was in good standing with the Russian mafia, a group he did a lot of running for, and several of the small magical gangs in the neighborhood. He was far from a crime boss, but people knew not to mess with him.

Hex Code: #4d51ad
  10. Maine
    Nyx watched as the EI soldier breathed his last, ending the ordeal of screaming and pain. With the new information, she walked with Otto back up the stairs this time to see Alkura over Tyler who was still bleeding. Maine was still knocked out behind the TV and Adam was in the corner. There wasn't much for her to do since it seemed Otto was playing team mom by passing out morphine and bringing Maine to the group discussion.

Throughout Otto's discussion Nyx was not paying attention since she heard the information from the soldier's mouth. Honestly, what the soldier said didn't faze her. It was really inevitable considering the EI. They seemed to have influence everywhere, even here in the Middle East. While she had some ideas of what to do (some probably less realistic than others), she decided to let Maine make the calls. It was his body she was inhabiting in the first place, what right did she have to make executive decisions? Her focus shifted to Alkura who seemed to be still recovering both from her physical injuries and the sight of both Maine and Tyler injured. For some reason, she was cowering during most of the speech with a piece of cloth over her eye. Suddenly, she stood up and left the room altogether, worrying Nyx.

Taking one last look over Maine's condition, Nyx walked to Alkura's room and silently knocked on the door, holding back the urge to make a Frozen reference. "Hey Alkura, you ok in there?" she called.​
  11. Alright. No problem. I have some guests so I was not going to be that active tonight anyways. Then I have a little left over school work from last night.
  12. But yeah people go for their favorites, which include ones that have gotten more screen time/comic time.
  13. Speaking of which, how do characters like Mickey Mouse ( IDW), Scooby ( DC) and other animals work on power scales? Also, it just dawned me that nobody has touched the dogs of any canon.
  14. Let's not drop into full on cartoon characters in Epic's main continuity. Scooby and the Gang however have had plenty of interactions with folks like Batman not to give a nod to.

We could do the full on Disney Cartoon characters in the Adventures of ARMOR but I'd prefer to bring Howard the Duck to Mickey's world, not the other way around.

Besides I'm not well versed enough in the lore to turn this into Kingdom Hearts. Nor do I want to. This is a mostly (yeah mostly) serious campaign that the appearance of such characters would ruin the verisimilitude of the Epic world.
  15. Okay. Also, more random question, would dogs ( that have appeared in comics) such as Bat-Hound, Krypto etc. be considered the same class as their owners? ( Canon ones that is.)
  16. There is actually at least two "Wiki How" articles about this >.>
  17. "She will be home soon enough." Astorath walked into the kitchen and opened the cabinet with her fruit loops.
  18. "Ach, this is gonnae be priceless." Callahan muttered from behind the counter. He had an ability to read people, knew them the moment they stepped in. He knew how... apt of a conversationalist Felicity was, and how... loquacious Raven was, and was genuinely amused on how this would turn out.

Sometimes, the entertainment comes to you.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Since when did he deserve any respect, tho?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.