Iwaku: Dark Reign

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, this might be the last post I make in this OOC.

Now, I don't go in for soppy shite because you're usually all awful and I think feelings are for pussies, but we've been writing this story together since December of 2010 so I reckon that merits something.

So I just wanted to say thanks.

No, seriously. Sardonic, hateful persona aside for a moment, thank you.

Thank you for the awesome characters you all concocted, who have grown over the last 730-odd posts to brilliant, fully-realised creations. Thank you for the brilliant scenes and moments we created together. Thank you for all the fantastic dialogue, that I've so enjoyed playing off with my own. And a big thanks to Mister GM McGMpants, for that unwavering focus, that willingness to administer a much-needed kick up the arse to keep things going, the sheer force of will and determination that it's taken to get us all here. We would not have finished this story without him.

Now, then. That's me used up all of the four positive words in the English language that I know.

CARRY THE FUCK ON, CHUMS.

Schweet.

Thanks for gritting it up, Grumpalumps. It was a shame to see the Necromaniac go, but I always figured he and Grant were soul-cousins of a sort. And I think Grant's journey through the Legacy plotline was far more compelling and complete than Grumpy's journey through Iwaku World. I think you captured the Mentor archetype perfectly.

Right, who's next?

Mmm. For a basic outline of Archy's farewell, she'd kinda show up outta nowhere, maybe talk for a bit, then leave to go take a well-deserved break. I'm not playing her anywhere else-other characters are taking up the good fight instead.

It might be neat to have her leave with Orion, since they're the two dimensional hoppers who are the most light-hearted.

Er...

...Orion exploded.

Yeah so.. I got some free time and I've caught up.

Probably shouldn't have read it all while ill though.. Sakura's quote broke me. So while I'm feeling all soppy and such I figure I'll follow suite and say.. well..

Thanks.

Thanks guys for this, and the other myhos rps, and for everything. Thanks for sticking with it, and yourselves and me. I kinda don't want to believe it's ending, despite everything this mythos has been a huge influence on a whole lot of my life since i first got involved.

But I can't imagine a better way it could be finishing, I really cant.

So yeah, thanks and Well Done and Keep it up and all the things I'm sure other people will say more eloquently.

I really hope I can be part of some other things with all you guys, since I do consider you all friends and I'm sure we're capable of even more incredible things.

This has been... Amazing.

Okay, [MENTION=17]Porg[/MENTION], [MENTION=22]Kitti[/MENTION] and [MENTION=23]Neko Archy[/MENTION] , how are your farewell thoughts accumulating?

It'd be great if we could finish this in August. Then it will be 8 years to the month since the Mythos began.

I think I know what I'm doing loosely, I'll tighten it up while writing.

Mainly I just reckon Porg would hesitate to leave so it seems weird to me that he'd be second since I see him kinda milling around till he almost doesn't have a choice.

Though man.. 8 years to the month? Wow..

I have a decent idea of what to do; mostly have Archy reflect on stuff and the miracle of her life while watching the others. Maybe not interact directly, as she's always felt kinda...out of place when the massive meta stuff gets involved.

It helps for that if there's a lot of other people to watch do stuff, thoubh I could write it with the way the game is now. Kinda moving into a new apartment, but august is a fine ending time.

C'miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin!

*writes her final post with her own tears* ;_; You guys have been so awesome. I'm saving my big 'this was so beautiful' speech for the cast party.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

DON'T MAKE THIS END ON 8 YEARS AND 1 MONTH! THAT'S JUST LAME!

I'll bite the bullet and get on this now then. Sorry I shouldn't have tried to wait :x

GO IWAKU! GO, GO IWAKU! GO IWAKU, POST, POST IWAKU!

Ok, how is this one still going. How many times has the junk posts been deleted and the pages shortened on the OOC and who's still workin around in the IC?

Awesome post, Porg. But I don't think Archy is actually with us at the car.

This might be the last edit I ever ask of you. >__>

Okay. That just leaves [MENTION=23]Neko Archy[/MENTION], [MENTION=22]Kitti[/MENTION], [MENTION=16]Jack Shade[/MENTION] and [MENTION=285]Tegan[/MENTION].

Oh haha whoops ^^; I'd assumed.. that's what I get for taking so long to post and only re-reading what i thought I needed to ^^;

I'll sort that.

Alright then. Looks like I'll be slamming one out tomorrow afternoon/evening.

There we go.

I really don't get everything that's gone on, and I always tend to feel like an outsider whenever the metafiction elements of Iwaku Mythos stuff shows up. Man, I just wanna do stories about punching bad guys real hard! Exploiting narrative conventions IC is just weird. Weird!

But I've still been a part of this through and through, and refused to quit this game throughout some kinda difficult and stressful chunks of my life. It felt wrong to just leave things unfinished, you know? Can't quit the story before the finale.

And while the Iwaku Mythos stuff does tend to leave me going "???" all the time, I do have a bit of a special place in my heart for this site. It's the second roleplaying forum I ever went to, the one that insisted I use better grammar, and because of that the reason why I can write quickly with reasonably good spelling, grammar, and voice. Most of my energies now are directed towards managing a small IRC gaming group, but I'll remember this site for a long, long time to come.

Edit: also aw man I had so much fun doing Archy's various attempts at wittiness or one-liners. SO MANY GOOD QUOTES.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thank You
Reactions: Asmodeus
Status
Not open for further replies.