Iron and Rain

Ryoshi smelled himself and laughed a little "Yes a bath sounds nice. I'll go down river a bit, and hey plenty of fish to eat." He pointed to the eel. He walked off and out to a shallow part of the river, still in view of her.

He took off his armor, hat, and shirt. He hiked up his pants, but his mask stayed on in full. "So did these guys rattle you!" He called out. He laid down in the water, it was cold and refreshing. "There are going to be more fights like these you know. The road to the Kirioni is paved with beasts.

Akane's wandered wandered to the half eaten fish beast, nodding her head. "Yeah, no kidding. Although I don't think I've ever eaten sea monster before. Hopefully the taste is okay," she said with a little chuckle and wandered over to the beast, taking a good few chunks out of it in hopes to smoke extra to take with them. It was a free restock of supplies and she was always okay with that.

She then wandered to the area where Ryoshi was bathing, staying a good few feet from him still as she didn't exactly want to wash the meat with blood tainted water. She also managed to find a rather flat stone, rinsing it in the clear current of the water before using it as a cutting board of sorts to chop the fish into portion sizes. "Um... do you want me to be honest?" She asked with a light laugh as she rinsed the fish pieces in the water.

"Only a little... just because of the circumstances. Also that... I forget what you called it, but that spider thing was a total unknown. Not to mention it looked like something I'd see in my nightmares." She sighed and rolled her eyes at herself, waving a hand carelessly. "But I'm fine. I won't let a few unpredictable fights scare me away. It was just another fight." When she was finished with the meat, she would clean off her dagger in the water before standing up with stone in her hands, carrying it back to a dry part of shore in order to start a fire and get it cooking. "I'll leave you to it," she said before wandering off.

She would find a decent spot to set up the fire not too far away. The land here was always wet and therefore made it hard to find kindling and wood to burn for a fire. So, it was just another trade, more supplies she had to keep in her bag in case there were none around. Being by a rivers edge made this such a place, so she would have to take some from reserves. She started the fire and then promptly began cooking the meat while she began to slip off some of the hard leather armor on her torso, leaving her in a brown cloth undershirt. She lifted the cloth just a bit to get a look at her ribs which were already starting to turn a nasty purple.

Ryoshi finished up and dried off. He wakes back up on shore and sat near the fire to warm up. He looked at the sizzling fish meat on the fire and smiled. He put his shirt back and then his cloak as light drizzle started to set in.

The smell of wet earth and rock started to fill the air. It was getting a little colder to as a wind started to pick up. The trees on top of the valley rustled and shook as the wind howled a little.

The hunter looked over to his companions side "That looks pretty bad, mind if I take a look?" He asked her. "There's a moss here that can help if it's not to bad." He approached her.

The wind howled again and an eerie feeling set into the valley. It was like the land itself didn't want them there.

By the time Ryoshi finished cleaning himself, the fish was basically cooked and ready to eat. When he sat over beside her, her hand gestured to the cooked fish. "You'd better eat your fill. We have plenty more," she said as she glanced over at the monster that was still laying on the shore. "Although I'd rather not dally too much. Who knows what the stench of that thing will bring over this way if we stick around long enough."

A shiver ran down her spine as the wind picked up, but she wanted to let her clothes dry a bit before putting her armor back on... although it looked like that really wouldn't matter as the rain began to drizzle over them. She sighed softly, "Typical."

He asked if he could look at her injury and she gave a light nod. "Yeah, that may be for the best. In case you see something I don't. I've never had broken ribs before, but they don't feel broken. I feel like it would hurt a lot worse if they were." She lifted her shirt a bit so he could see the dark purple and green splotches on the right side of her torso where the fish had barreled into her.

"Yes we do have to move quickly, more rain means more things lurking in fog." He said as he looked at her injury. "Well you might have a fracture or two but you should be okay if you take it easy." He stood up and went back out to the river. "Shouldn't have brought her along, she's just going to slow me down now." He thought to himself.

He looked over a few dead logs along the bank. He rolled one over and tore some bright green moss from it's sandy underside. He washed it off in the river and brought it over to her. "This is Candy Moss, but trust me it doesn't taste like it. It will help with the pain." He gave it to her.

He went back to the fire and took a chunk of fish on a stick. He started eating "You know it's not to late to turn back." He said.

Akane sighed softly as she didn't exactly like the sound of that. She let her shirt fall back into place and pressed her lips together as she though, reaching for a piece of fish and picking at it, placing little bits in her mouth at a time. Ryoshi came back to her with this fuzzy green moss in his hands and she took it gratefully. She honestly was used to eating stuff worse than this on the days when she was low in supplies and in the middle of travel. "I've heard of the stuff. It shouldn't be so bad. Thank you."

She ate bits of it with the fish, it being rather bitter and earthy, but again not the worst thing. It was definitely more of a texture issue than it was the actual taste. She managed to get it down with the help of the fish, taking out her canteen and taking a small drink of water. At his words, she stayed silent as if actually thinking about them. However, in the end she would shake her head.

"I'm okay. If the injury was worse I would consider it as I'm not exactly suicidal nor would I want to be a burden to you. However, at this moment I am certain that I can continue if you'll have me." It was her decision to make and if it was the wrong one… well… I guess she would find out later on the journey.

"Very well, let's finish here then move on. There should be a small village near the other side of the valley." He said as he ate.

The small drizzle of rain soon turned into more of a normal storm. It was cold, and sandy rocky banks of the river made travel less then comfortable. Luckily the hunters were warm and used to this kind of thing.

Right around sunset they made it out of the valley which opened up to some foggy hills. "Welcome to Badlands." Ryoshi sighed as he looked out over the area. "Home to bandits, murders, and monster all the same." He laughed a little. A huge shadow passed over them. A huge bird creature passed over top of them, in its talons was the eel they fought. "Got out of there just in time. Come on towns just up ahead. How's your side?"

"Sure thing, boss," Akane said casually with a little grin as she finished eating as well, packing up the leftovers to fill her bag before pulling her armor back on, ready to move out.

Since the storm seemed unrelenting, she pulled out her cloak and fixed in it place to keep her warm as the wind picked up and the rain poured harder from the sky. This was turning out to be some storm although she wasn't too surprised as this was practically the norm.

She kept up easily with Ryoshi, although in her head, she would be unable to ignore the small amount of discomfort in her side. However she decided to press on, not wanting to slow Ryoshi down. The view of the landscape slowly started to change as they traveled, opening up to rolling hills. "Sounds lovely," Akane said sarcastically, her eyes quickly turning upward as the shadow passed overhead.

"Yeah.. no kidding," she murmured as she adjusted her bag over her shoulders and pulled the hood of her cloak more securely over her head. "I'm okay. You don't need to concern yourself about me," she said casually although she knew it was something that she herself would need to worry about. If they came across another fight, she would have to be extra careful to baby it as another hit like that and it could fully crack her ribs. Then she would be in serious trouble.

They got into the village and boy it was small. An inn, a weapons dealer, an armor dealer, a bounty board, a trading post, and a bar. "Not much to to look at I know but the bar has good food and drinks. I say we kick back in there for a bit, get a room at the in, and get some sleep. We can sell the acid sacks tomorrow." Ryoshi pointed to the bar.

The name on the sign said "The Knuckle" and it seemed to have quiet a bit of business tonight. A couple of mud bikes were parked outside and inside was the sound of people laughing.

The rain was starting to come down a little harder now, and it got a little colder.

Akane nodded in affirmation as the chill and the rain were starting to get to her. After walking in it all day, her body was beginning to feel stiff from the cold. Better to not overextend oneself. "I think that's a good idea. Getting out of this rain sounds heavenly right about now." She followed after him as he walked through the empty streets of the city. Everyone who was sane would be inside with the weather being like it was.

"Let's get some food first. I think if we go to the inn and I lay down on one of those bed I'm not going to get back up," Akane joked with a soft laugh afterward, grinning easily as they made their way to the building that Ryoshi had pointed out. "You must come this way rather often. You seem to know a lot of these places that we come across."

"Yeah this rout is the only 'safe' route to these hills and to the lands past them." He put air quotes to the word safe. When they got to the bar Ryoshi stopped and looked at the mud bikes. There was black lightning bolt symbole on each of the gas tanks. He sighed and opened the door.

Inside it was warm and smelled like something good was cooking. There was a handful of open tables, but Ryoshi sat them down at the one closest to the door. Off in the corner there was a group of guys laughing and yelling as they are and drank. The hunter watched them carefully.

A waitress came over "What can I get you two?" She asked with a smile. "Coffee black, and a burger biggest you have." Ryoshi spoke quickly, as if he had been rehearsing his order all day. "Those men how long have they been here?"

"Hm? Oh uh... Maybe sense the storm started?" The waitress replied. "What can I get you sweetheart?" She looked at Akane.

Akane chuckled lightly at his words. "Yeah, very safe," she agreed and followed him into the building. It was small and a little run down, but it was at least shelter from the rain and could offer them some nourishment. She sat down across from him and observed the way he kept glancing over at the loud hunters sitting on the other side of the space. She pressed her lips together in thought before leaning over to say quietly, "Trouble…?"

She wouldn't get to elaborate though as the waitress came to them to take their order. Akane pulled down her hood and clicked the button that released the helmet from her head, placing it in her bag. Now was a good time for a break from it.

"A steaming cup of tea if you have any would be amazing. Also I'll take the soup I think that I saw on your board out there with a large side of the vegetables you have available today, please." She grinned easily at the nice woman before looking back to Ryoshi, expecting an answer to her previous question.

The waitress walked off to put thier order in.

"Not sure yet, they haven't noticed us yet." He said and kept looking at one guy in particular. The guy in the middle of the group was laughing and drinking. He had a scar on his forehead, brown buzz cut hair, and another scar just above his lip.

Their food and drinks came out and Ryoshis mouth plate opened. He started eating but didn't stop watching the group. "Can you fight humans?" He asked Akane.

Akane thanked the waitress for the food, digging in herself and allowing the warmth heat her up from the inside as she ate. Nothing was better than the long rest after an even longer journey. Although, her brows furrowed in concern as he spoke. "I… I've had a few cases of needing to defend myself from others in a couple towns. Nothing ever too terribly intense though. You think these guys will want to fight?" she asked, suddenly wondering if Ryoshi knew them somehow and had already experienced the same thing before.

"Who are they? Do you know them?"

"Something like that." He started eating his food never once taking his eyes the guy in the middle. About half way through eating the man in the middle stood up, a smirk on his face. The others in the group chuckled and watched on.

He stopped a thier table and put his hand on it. "Nice mask you got there pal, got a name?" The man asked. He had a big white coat on that was buttoned up.

"Nope sorry no name, leave us." Ryoshi kept eating.

"Nah that doesn't matter anyway." He pulled a piece of paper out of his pocket. He tossed it on the table, it was a bounty ticket with Ryoshis mask on it. "Looks like you really pissed someone off old man." He gave a toothy grin.

"Can I finish my food first please?" He asked as he handed Akane her plate.

"Nope!" The thug took the table and flipped it.

"Hey take it outside asshole!" The cook called from the kitchen.

Ryoshi sighed, stood up, and left to go back out onto the rain. The man followed him putting on his own mask. His possy soon followed the fight outside.

"Just give up Ryoshi and come with us quietly." The thug called as he put on his own mask. From his back and under his coat he drew a massive blade.

"I don't intend on going with the likes of you Keevs." Ryoshi said and drew his own blade.

"Oh so you've heard of me, I'm flattered." He chuckled.

1596392325771.png

Akane's unease grew as Ryoshi spoke and she furrowed her brows, her eyes taking in the man that suddenly rose from his spot across the room and began strutting in their direction. Great. A sigh left her lips as she eyed the man, making the action obvious as she was not too keen on being interrupted in their relaxation after a long journey.

The surprise in her features would be evident as the man set down a bounty with an unmistakable picture to Ryoshi's mask on the front. Her mind wandered with what could have possibly happened for him to have a bounty on his head. However, despite her curiosity, Ryoshi had been a good partner for her so far and so she decided to save the questions for later and stand by his side in this moment.

"Hey asswipe, why don't you back the hell off and leave us be? Before you regret it-"

It was about at this point when the thug flipped the table with their food flying from it and onto the floor not far away. Oooooh he was going to get it now. "What the hell!" She felt her temper flare and she stood up quickly, her eyes staring daggers at the man who seemed to have no manners. She didn't even hesitate as they headed toward the door, following Ryoshi and keeping her blades close, not even bothering to put her helmet back on as she followed them out into the rain.

"Let's deal with him quickly, Ryoshi. I'm not in the mood for this after a long day," she said in an attempt to bait the aggressive man. It always seemed people tended to slip up in combat if you could get them riled. "I doubt he'll put up much of a fight."

Keevs looked over to Akane "I'm sorry who the fuck are you again? Look missy me and your partner here have some business to get to so sit down and shut your fucking mouth." He snipped at her.

One of the goons from the group came up to her with a laugh "You must not know about us, have you not heard of the Lightning Six?" He poked her and there was a small zap to his touch. "We're the guys you call when you want someone dead ya hear me?" He poked her again. "So if you're looking for a fight come, at, us." He kept poking her.

"Akane now is the time to prove you can fight other humans. Do that or run, I won't blame you if you do." Ryoshi said. "If you can avoid killing them do so other human parts make for great monster bait."

"Whats it going to be girlie? Stay and watch the boss take out your partner or have a little fun with us?" The thug asked with a fiendish grin.

"Enough talk Ryoshi it's time to die!" Keevs ran at him and swing his sword down on the hunter like it was made paper. Ryoshi side stepped and the blade sunk into the mud.

"Down side to having a big heavy weapon, always gets stuck." Ryoshi said as he aimed to cut the man in half.

Keevs smirked and pulled his heavy sword back to block the slash.

Akane gritted her teeth in anger and clenched her hands around the hilt of her swords, her eyes sparkling dangerously. "If you mess with my partner, than you mess with me," she said simply, taking a step back as one of the members of his group approached her, watching him carefully although she didn't exactly appreciate the prodding and easily grew tired of this game. She jolted from the electric touch and in an instant she pulled out her blades, her voice firm and curt as she spoke. "Touch me again and I'll chop it off. Besides… you all don't seem so special. Why the hell would I have heard of you?"

She angled one of her swords at the man the was testing her patience. "Ryoshi, I'm not going anywhere," she said easily, not scared of these hunters in the least. As the one that seemed more of the leader attacked Ryoshi, she figured that gave the okay for her to attack as well, swinging her swords diligently at the man that dared to toy with her. "Let's see how much fun you really have when I skewer you," she hissed as she advanced on him.

"Alright then, have fun with those guys." He smirked, and turned back to Keevs. "You mind if I put on some music? Helps me focus after a long day."

"Whatever old man it stop me from collecting that bounty."

"No but I will." He chuckled. "Mask play track four." He said. A tune started to play loud enough so everyone could hear.

Ryoshi smiled and laughed a little "Alright asshole let's do this!" He charged the bounty hunter with his sword held behind him. He jumped up into the air and came down with a slash.

"Shit!" Keevs said as he managed to just raise his sword in time to block. The two weapons clanged and sparks shot out. Keevs pushed Ryoshi off and swung his borad sword at him. It his the hunter Ryoshi let out a grunt... But no scream. "What the fuck!" Keevs roared.

The sword simply bounced off Ryoshis cloak, the fabric moving in waves like water. "That's going to leave a mark I'll give you that, but it's going to take a lot more!" He rushed Keevs and swung with a series of fast blows.

---

The thug was surprised at Akane he stumbled back just managing to get out of her range. He reared back and tried to give her a punch to the face "Let's see how you like my thousand volt fist!"

The others surrounded her making sure she couldn't get away from them.

Reactions: Megasis
In a fluid movement, Akane easily sidestepped the man's fist, her accuracy rather astounding as she could practically feel her skin prickle from how close the electricity from his fist had gotten near her skin. Her lips twisted up into a confident smirk. These boys were pushovers. "Hm. Doesn't seem to do you any good… since you can't land a fucking hit!"

She nimbly swung her swords at him once more, landing a hit purposefully on his armor to distract him so that her opposite blade would skim the surface of his cheek. It began to bleed profusely as the cut was deep, but it would not kill the man. This was his last chance to run off like the coward she knew these hunters were… she could see it in their eyes.

"Last chance. Now's the time to run if you're going to. My next attack is going to make you draw your final breaths," she warned. It made her feel a little better about having to conduct business in such a way, but at this point it was self-defense and she would not think twice about ending this man's life.