Iron and Rain

"Big privet security company used by the richies. Filled to the brim with highly skilled hunters... Once long ago I was one of them. Fresh out of my home village and looking to prove myself. Naturally with my talents they took me on as a choice hunter." He grinned a little.

Akane listened with intrigue, giving a little nod of her head although she didn't understand how being in a prestigious hunter clan made him a target for a bounty. "Go on," she said softly as any sort of sleepiness she held within her disappeared with her focus on the story.

"I rose through the ranks quickly. I was given gold, my own small squad, women, I had it all. Though at some point Trillium stopped fighting just monsters and moved to fighting small battles with various towns and villages. No one knew why, but we all had a guess that it was money. I didn't care though I was young and arrogant... I killed a lot of people and it's not something I'm proud of." He sighed and grimaced a little as he moved to get comfortable.

"Then she came into my squad... Lilly Graywood." He looked off into space.

"You guys... turned into kind of a mercenary group." People paid to fight battles for others. She had heard of such things, although she found it to be a little barbaric. What people wouldn't do for high living and money. She pressed her lips together and glanced downward as she thought about this. It was... hard for her to imagine the Ryoshi she knew in front of her as one of those people. However, everyone had a past and not everyone was the same person they were even a year ago. She knew she wasn't.

She didn't say anything further about Trillium as it seemed pretty straightforward. She didn't need to know all the gritty details of the group... it would probably only end up making her upset. "Is that... the woman from the video?"

"Yes... She and I grew quite close during our time working together. We would go on mission after mission, until one day where we were given a mission that was unthinkable." He sighed. "We were to heard a group of monsters into a town so that we could intern save it. It didn't sit right with me, but Lilly was very out spoken about it. She yelled and screamed at our boss about the horrific mission. We both ended up leaving Trillium, and that drove a wedge between us. I never saw her again after we said good bye that day. However, you don't just leave a group like that, knowing the things I know about it. That's why I have a bounty on my head." He explained. "I didn't think it would catch up with me soon so out here. Sorry to get you involved Akane."

"That's... awful." Tame words to describe what the company had ordered Ryoshi and this woman to do. Innocent lives surely would have been ended in the aftermath as no one can ever predict a monster and what it may do. She figured the woman had been right to speak up... she probably would have done the same thing, but she was confused why this act is what caused them to drift apart. It seemed as though they left together, so what was it that made them split?

"You do not have to be sorry. It sounds like you do for a very good reason. I'm glad you are no longer a part of that clan. They sound... only interested in bettering themselves. That is no way to live a life." She sighed softly and closed her eyes for a moment as she laid there, just thinking. "I'm also glad I could be there to assist..." She opened up her eyes again to look over at his shadowed figured, her eyes curious. "Do you think you'll see her again?" She could see that he missed her... it was obvious. Otherwise he wouldn't have been playing that video.

"I... No I don't think she's coming back..." He said with a sad tone. He was quiet for a minute before speaking up "You got anyone special in your life?" He wanted to change subjects.

"I'm sorry," Akane said softly as she knew what it was like to lose people you cared about. She closed her eyes once more and let out a soft sigh as she gave a quick shake of her head. "Anyone I ever cared about was lost in the fight with the mountain beast..." She hadn't dared to come close to anyone since, scared of the pain of loss. "I've been by myself ever since... preferring it that way."

He smirked "You know life is to short to spend it alone." He chuckled a little. "Ever thought of getting a pet? Less work then a human."

Akane felt the slightest pulls of a grin at the corner of her lip, shaking her head. "Inappropriate," she said curtly although it did get her to chuckle just a bit. Leave it to Ryoshi to make a joke amidst a serious discussion. "You know, a normal person would say, sorry for your loss and leave it at that," she joked back and let out a sigh, closing her eyes yet again. She missed her people... she could still see their faces...

"I think that means you're officially too tired to have a real conversation," Akane said before turning, although wincing at the movement, as she shifted onto her back. "You should get some more rest if you can, Ryoshi."

Last edited:
Ryoshi put his mask back on "So should you Akane. I'll see you tomorrow." He smiled.

Morning came and it's was a cold foggy one. The sent of smoked meats hung in the air as the bar got ready for the morning rush. Ryoshi got up and his said ached with pain. He put on a lose shirt and his pants before going outside for a smoke. He looked over at the weapons shop and then the general store. He flicked his cigarette butt into the mud and went back inside. "Akane time to get up. Gotta sell those poison sacks and I want to go look at some weapons. Plus breakfast would be nice." He chuckled.

"Ergh," Akane grumbled as she pressed her face into the soft pillow, taking a deep breath and letting it out as a sigh. "How are you still up before me?" She said in a muffled manner since she spoke into the pillow. She raised her head slightly to look at Ryoshi with squinted eyes as the sun came in through the window and blinded her. She sat up slowly, testing the soreness in her body and reached up to rub her face as if the action would help her wake up faster.

"How is your side?" She asked as she slid out of bed to grab her clothes, throwing on a fresh loose shirt and pants that looked quite different from her normal outfit of armor. It was... almost strange to see her looking so casual. She untangled her dark waves with her fingers as best she could before twisting them into a hasty braid that fell down her shoulder and to the middle of her waist.

"Call it a hunters internal clock." He laughed a little. "My side still hurts, but the meds help. Come on let's get some food then we can sell those poison sacks for some cash. I'm interested in the weapons shop, plus sticking up on camping stuff." He said. "It's cold out of you want a jacket, suns peaking through the fog but not for long."

"Sounds like a plan to me," she said and reached up to run her hands over her face in an attempt to rub the sleepiness from her mind. "Thanks for the warning," she said in appreciation as she picked up her jacket and slipped it on over her arms, stuffing her hands into the pockets as they wandered out into the chilly morning air. The ground was a muddy mess from the rain the night before, having to be careful where she stepped unless she wanted a face full of mud pie for breakfast.

Ryoshi didn't take his cloak "Morning air is the most refreshing and crisp after a good breakfast." He chuckled. Without his heavy armor Ryoshis movements were quicker and more fluid.

They two ate breakfast and headed out to sell thier monster spoils. They got a good amount a credits for remains. "Here half for you." He gave her a stack. "Weapons shop or the general store?"

"Half...?" She asked curiously as he handed her a hefty amount of credits. She had already taken the dagger that he said she could keep. She didn't think she really more as it would soon tip the balance of what was fair. "I.. well, thank you," she said genuinely and looked slightly uncomfortable as she wasn't used to such kindness.

"Uh... let's check out the weapons shop. I want to see what they think of that tooth we grabbed from that creature's mouth."

Ryoshi nodded and they walked over to the shop. Aside from the inn it was the biggest building in the small village.

Inside it was all to wall weapons and armor. Some of it was weapons from an age long sense past, big iron swords, heavy shields, and steel suites of armor. While some of it was more this century. Guns, bombs, laser based weapons, and holo armor. There was very thing in between as well. Though the place was a bit crowed.

Behind the desk was a large droopy eyed man. "Mornin." He said with a rasp. "Somethin I can help you two find?"

"I'm simply looking but my friend here might have something you'd be interested in." Ryoshi pointed to Akane.

Akane's eyes wandered when they entered the building as she didn't expect there to be so much stuff. She took this to be a smaller village, but it seemed they must pride themselves on being quite the stopping point for bounty hunters. Her attention shifted then as the man at the counter addressed them and she walked forward when Ryoshi motioned to her. "Good morning... yeah I... we ran across this monster and we managed to snag this tooth..."

She slipped off her bag and rummaged for a moment before bringing out a bundle of sturdy cloth. She set it on the counter and unwound it, revealing the glinting tooth that she had pried from the monster's mouth. "I hear it is a rather resilient material. I was going to see if we could have it refined a bit, maybe into dagger, if I may be so bold."

The shop keeper looked at the tooth, tapped it with his finger, then licked it... "Yeah you got a good makin for a blade here. Two hundred credits and I can have it ready by tomorrow morning." He explained.

Akane did not hide the confused expression at the action from the man. What was that even supposed to do?? "Ah... yeah. Okay. Deal," she said and dished out the credits to the man from the pile that Ryoshi had given to her. "Thank you for you time," she said before turning to Ryoshi and following him about. "What are you in the market for?" She asked as it had been him after all that said he wanted to come take a look around within the tent. She was curious about what he could be wanting to add to his arsenal.