Invasion: The Aftermath

Status
Not open for further replies.
Emory glanced around until his eyes settled on the small green recliner. It really was just a chair that folded out, but he liked it. Walking over to it, he smiled. "This one."

Clarence nodded and pushed the dolly over until it was just behind the chair. He looked it over and smiled a bit. "I like it..." He said quietly, then looked at Emory. "Same thing as we did with the couch?" He asked.

Emory nodded, checking to be sure it was latched in chair-form and wouldn't fold out. Taking a deep breath, he lifted the back end of the chair, grunting slightly for Clarence to put the dolley under.

Clarence pushed forward until the small platform of the dolly was under the chair, then looked at Emory. "Okay..." He said, assuring him that the platform was all the way under.

Emory slowly rested then chair down on the dolley. He smiled. "Okay. I'm gonna push it this time, kay?" He said softly as he stood.

Clarence nodded, then stepped away from the dolly and looked over to the door. He ambled over to it and pushed it open, walking outside until he got to the back of the door. He held it open for Emory, waiting patiently. There. Now he was completely useless in the situation.

Emory slowly tilted the dolley back until the chair wasn't dragging the ground. He pushed it out of the store. "Clarence, could you lead me?" He asked softly. He couldn't quite see over the chair and he didn't know where cracks in the path were or if he was going to hit something.

"Yeah, here.." He said as he let the door swing closed. He quickly caught up to Emory, then walked a bit ahead of him, so that he could see the path before him, but still be able to see Emory's face if he looked back. After a few moments, he saw that part of the pavement had a small dip in it, so he held out his hand to stop Emory, placing it on the chair. "Whoa...Push it a little to the left."

"Thanks." Emory gave a thankful smile. He watched Clarence as he walked, slowly pushing the chair along. When Clarence told him to stop, he pulled back on the chair, effectively halting its movement. "What is it?" He asked as he slowly worked the dolley to the left some.

"Just a small dip in the ground." He said, then switched his gaze to the path that was in front of Emory now, nodding when he didn't see anything ahead of him that could potentially trip him. "Okay, you're good."

Emory nudged the dolley forwards, finally getting it to roll again. "Alright. Thanks." He gave Clarence a soft, thankful smile.

Clarence smiled softly back at Emory, then looked forward again, his hands clasped behind his back as he continued to scope the ground for any potential dangers. After a few minutes, when they got back to the shelter, Clarence practically skipped forward and pushed the door open, holding it for Emory so he could push the chair through.

Emory was careful as he pushed the chair through the door. He glanced around, wondering where he should put it.

Just like the shop door, he let the door swing shut after Emory was all the way through, then trotted over to the table and his chair. "Hmm...You should put it across from mine. Or next to it." He turned around to look at Emory. "What do you think would look better?"

"If I put it across from yours, I can't reach you if we sit in our chairs." Emory said softly as he moved it beside Clarence's. He was smiling.

Clarence's lips turned up into a small smile, a light pink tinging his cheeks as he giggled. "R-Right..." He said, the giggle still bubbling up in his throat. He walked over and sat in his chair, his legs folded under him like a deer as he waited for Emory to set down his chair and sit in it.

Emory adjusted his chair and got it off the dolley before pushing the dolley away. He hopped into his chair and sighed contentedly.

Clarence giggled and looked over to Emory, leaning on the armrest that was in Emory's direction. "Comfortable?" He asked, giggling.

Emory looked over and smiled, reaching his arm over and took Clarence's hand. "Yup. You?"

Clarence scooted closer to Emory, until his side was pressing against the armrest, then leaned his head against the back of the chair, still looking at him. "Yeah." He said quietly as he intertwined his fingers with his. He brought Emory's hand up to his lips, gently brushing them against his knuckles as he looked at him, a small smile on his face.

Status
Not open for further replies.