• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mglo

Whatever you do, do it with style.
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
As long as the plot's good I'm in. That says nothing useful though... so I'll say: sci-fi, fantasy, I'm curious enough about horror to add it, aaaand action? yeah, ok, sure, action!
Finally getting around to starting another RP. Last time having a small group of committed players worked out pretty well because we were easily able to communicate and be flexible with the various schedules. Another player and I have come up with an idea and here's what we think we're looking for:

- Small Group RP
- Possibly slow as molasses (weekly posting speed on my end, but group speed does influence me to get faster)
- two characters max per player (active; if you kill one off you can make another of course)

Premise: Clan village exists, and it has kept itself mostly unchanged. Meanwhile the rest of civilization has developed into a modern day time period. Technology doesn't work too well around these people and not at all near or in the village. Within the village there are Clan bloodlines and each has the potential of awakening an ability. Once upon a time all clansmen had abilities but over the years and generations, abilities have mostly remained dormant. There are few cases of these abilities awakening, but it's not always pleasant.

The government and Clan have an agreement. A few clansmen are allowed to leave the Village and live in society, but under some conditions.

Some of our characters are the ones who get this permit. They make their life outside the village. So some of our characters may live their lives in modern society but technology glitches or doesn't work well for them.

Turning point of this arrangement is caused by a group of clansmen who may or may not be in the Village. They are trying to force awaken abilities to strengthen the Clan. This group doesn't like the "agreement."

Some examples of force awakened abilities happen, some lose control of their power. The government sense danger and the Clan feels threatened. Clan calls back everyone. They want to control the situation by quarantine while they try to figure who is part of the group responsible, and how they're forcing awake abilities.
This indicates that it is not clear who your character sides with... dun dun dun.

Key points about this RP:

**All characters will already know each other since they all grew up in the village, doesn't matter if they left it or not.
** The point of this is so we can skip all the characters introducing themselves to each other.
** This means we've gotta plan or establish character connections beforehand. It shouldn't be too awkward or complex. A simple
- "can these two be friendly?"
- "yeh"
- "aight"
will suffice.
*** If you want your character to be on the revolutionary side, secretly tell me or the co-mod.
**** RP starts during the Clan callback.​

Lastly! This info could change some since it's only begun to take shape. Questions and suggestions are welcomed.
[btn=modc|https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/a-stand-apart-signup-ooc.165592/]Signup & OOC[/btn]​

Last edited:
I'm happy. I am willing to join. :)

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Mglo
Sounds interesting!

[btn=modc|https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/a-stand-apart-signup-ooc.165592/]Signup & OOC[/btn]​

Status
Not open for further replies.