Institute of Gifted

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
She shrugged slightly and said, her voice muffled, "It's okay."

Sydra felt something hard and lumpy beneath her. It's a mattress... I think. Slowly she snuggled into the bed. Her body was soooo tired and her head felt all swimmy. Something tugged at the back of her mind. Something had happened.... No. Go away. I want to sleep. Suddenly a realization slammed into her, making her feel breathless. Those men drugged me! Where am I now? Opening her eyes she blinked furiously in the harsh light of the florescents. Shutting her eyes again she rubbed them. Ouch that hurt. Okay... this is not my home. Her head was swimming and she wanted to sleep badly. But something tugged at her memory. Father will save me if they've kidnapped me. Suddenly all the breath wooshed out of her body. Father was dead. The men had killed him. Emotions bubbled up her throat and she tried to push them back down. She saw a sudden flash of blood and a knife in her father's broken body. With a scream, Sydra sat up, her eyes snapping open to dispel the awful visual.

"Oh, for pete's sake what no-" Enigmus glanced away from his journal once again, he was going to say something witty, and very insulting, but when he saw her, something changed ".. Uhm, h-h-hi..." is all he could utter from his mouth at Sydra, what's the deal? He shouldn't have a problem snapping at someone form breaking his train of thought, but- she was different for some reason.

Sydra was breathing hard, her eyes flitting all over the room. From beside her she heard someone mutter underneath their breath. "...Ummm...h-h-hi..." Looking over to the source of the voice she saw someone sitting there reading in a book or something of that sort. She realized that she wasn't alone in the room. She opened her mouth to reply but snapped it shut again. After all he was a stranger. But if he were to harm her he would've tried already when she was asleep and vulnerable. Warring a bit with herself she finally decided to at least have the courtesy to answer him back. "Hello." Then she realized he must have heard her scream and she cast her eyes downward. "I'm sorry about that I just.... I.... panicked. Where am I..?"

Last edited by a moderator:
i go a little wide eyed when Enigmus stopped in mid snapping and say to my self "i guess there is a first for everything" i turn to Lyric "so whats your power hmm? well you know mine so its only polite."

She hesitated, but looked up at the man, and just looked at him. Then she said quietly. "Y-you wouldn't care anyway..." She said, laying her head back on her knees, but didn't hide her face this time. "Its nothing special."

She realized she was acting a but gloomy, but that was how she felt at the moment. She still had many unanswered questions, and knew that "testing" was coming soon, which made her anxiety and curiosity higher.

(I forgot to color the dialogue!)

"If you're nothing special, what are you doing here? Come for the incredible food? Or just the company?" Corrie, upon starting that statement, had fully intended to make a joke. When it came out, though, it was cold and sarcastic- from habit, she supposed.

Lyric felt like someone stabbed her in the heart. She wasn't used to being snapped at. She didn't respond, and hid her face again. She now officially wanted to go home, not that she didn't want to before.

Clematis approached the cell door to the cell with the new girl, taking in a deep breath. She could always feel when a new person came, and this one felt more troubled than most, something that concerned her. So, like she requested to the guards, here she was about to room with the new girl, and hopefully help lift her spirits a bit, if that was possible and if it wasn't then influence them at least a little. Being friends with a few of the guards had its advantages, and switching rooms was one of them, as well as letting her have a little more freedom in the place, even though she hadn't been there as long as many of the others.

"Hello everyone, new roommate coming! I'm Clematis, nice to meet you all, I brought candy!" Clematis exclaimed, having a bad habit of talking too fast with too much enthusiasm that somehow just came out almost all the time. She set out a tiny basket of candy bars, just barely enough for the people in the room. "Hope there's something that everyone likes," Clematis said, beaming her happy excitement into the room, trying to overshadow any negativity that was there.

Lyric heard and looked up slowly, not wanting to look too eager. She wanted some candy, she always did, but didn't feel up to it at the moment. "They let you bring that in here?" She asked, barely audible. The girl was pretty, she noticed. Just about every girl in there was pretty. She hoped puberty would do her well too.

"There is alot more people in here then I thought." Virgil said astonished by how many people there were in this cramped cell.

Clematis smiled at the girl, glad to see that already her mood lightened. "They let me bring it in just for you. Go take something you like," she encouraged, finding herself a spot to sit in the cell. The boy was right, there were a lot of people, but by now she was used to such circumstances and even though she could already feel a headache looming this was good practice for controlling her abilities.

*Walks into the cell looking around with big eyes* Hi everyone.

Standing up Sydra didn't wait for an answer to her question. She wobbled a bit as a wave of dizzyness from the drugs hit her. Squaring her shoulders, she looked around the room. There were two others in this cell with her but she could hear more voices coming quietly from somewhere else in the building. Sighing she paced the floor. She figured she could probably break out of this room but she didn't even know if the door was locked. She clenched her fist and it made a metallic chnk! sound. Looking down she realized she'd accidentally morphed it and quickly morphed it back. For goodness sake, keep your powers in check Sydra. You're better than this. She slumped down on the floor and put her head in her hands.

everyone else in the cell looks like they've already met each other. "am i always the odd one out?",he thought,"rejected by a cheerleader and now rejected by society.". My life can't get any worse I'll just sit down and wait for a bit.

((Okay, crazemazec's grammar is reeeaally bothering me.))

Enigmus didn't show it, but he was somewhat distressed, he wanted to say something to Sydra, but he couldn't find it in himself to say something "... YOU!" Enigmus turned away at Virgil.

Virgil stared at Enigmus. "What is it now?"

Sydra jumped at the outburst from the man who had asked her a question earlier. Lifting her head she stared wide eyed at him then slowly narrowed her eyes. She wasn't sure she wanted to talk to these people. But they were in here with her for a reason. Maybe.... Just maybe these people were special too.

In the mist of all this, Lyric just barely looked up and saw everyone. There were a lot of people in here. She would back up for more room, but her back was already against the headboard. She sighed and just sat there, with mixed emotions and not knowing which to act on.

Status
Not open for further replies.