Institute of Gifted

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Not like you could wrestle the ds out of her hands even as a robot sydra" Ethan said jokingly.

Lyric tensed a little. "Can you please not mention that?" She asked softly. Robot Sydra scared her, but she didn't want to say that out loud. Maybe it scared her because how it was presented. First impressions affect after all.

Sydra rolled her eyes, rolling over onto her stomach she laid her head down on her arms. There was nothing to do in here. Lyric ha a game to play and stuff to draw with but she didn't want to ask the little girl to share. She'd probably already scared her half to death. Sighing, she traced a finger along the floor.

Suddenly Sydra sat up. She knew what to do to make Lyric be less afraid of her. Clearing her throat she tried a nicer tone "Excuse me uhh..." She realized she didn't even know the girls name and she smiled sheepishly.

She paused the game momentarily, and tensed more, looking over at Sydra in case she was talking to her. She sounded much nicer than before.

"You can create things, right? Like the way that dry erase board just appeared...?" She kept her tone light and happier so as not to scare the girl anymore. She was really hoping this would work

She hesitated, but nodded in response, a blank expression on her face with semi wide eyes.

"Don't worry lyric sydra is not going to hurt you you can talk to her" Ethan said

Smiling sweetly she looked at Lyric "Could you maybe create a scrap piece of metal for me? I promise you'll like what I can do with it. My father taught me some wonderful tricks" her eyes grew sad at the mention of her father, his death still fresh and painful in her mind.

She noticed the sudden mood change after mentioning her dad, which made her feel guilty, even though she didn't do anything. She knew what that felt like, and she didn't want her to feel that too. So she smiled and nodded, setting the DS down.

"What kind of metal do you need? Like a piece of paper, or pipe shaped? Or something else?" She asked nicely.

"Just a flat sheet would be perfect" she grinned to herself, she was excited to make something again like she used to by her father's side. She would do it in his memory, she decided.

Sydra looked at Ethan curiously. "For what?" She tensed a bit, on edge for his answer, lest it set her temper off again

Lyric went ahead and started, drawing a piece of metal on her erase board. In about a minute, she put up the marker and pulled the picture out of the board, and put the board back down near her. Then she held up the metal sheet and relaxed unknowingly, and said, "I'm done."

"For being a cocky asshole and for your dad I don't know him but i'm sure he was great I can tell by the way you act that he taught you well"Ethan said sadly

Last edited by a moderator:
Sydra ignored Ethan. Otherwise she probably would've slapped him through the wall. Taking the piece from Lyric she thanked her. "Now watch this." Sydra started working with the metal sheet, bending it and molding it to her liking. Every now and then there was a low humming sound as she magnetized the pieces together. In about 5 minutes she was done. "There!" With a triumphant gleam in her eyes she held up her creation. The metal piece had been crafted into an exquisite windup metal ballerina figurine. The detail was impeccable, the face even held a realistic expression of blissful happiness. Grinning broadly she held the ballerina out towards Lyric.

Glowering, Sydra punched Ethan in the arm, careful to not morph this time and break his scrawny bones. "It's for the girl. Don't be jealous"

Frustrated, she punched him harder. She wanted him to shut up. She was trying to do something nice and he was goading her. And not only that, he persisted in probing her thoughts and talking about her father. She had just about had it with him

Status
Not open for further replies.