Infection

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

The Philosoraptor

Original poster
Welcome to Hell.

1-miscellaneous-digital-art-zombie-apocalypse-wallpaper.jpg
On August 2, 2012, military-affiliated corporation BioSec created Viral Contagion Apophis B-213 (commonly abbreviated VCAB-213). It was originally intended to act as a bioweapon, to be exported to the highest bidding country, which could then be destroyed from within. On December 24, 2013, VCAB-213 escaped containment beneath New York City in the form of its original carriers. On December 25, 2013, approximately 1/8 of the city's population was infected. And on December 31, 2013, the virus had spread up and down the East Coast of North America, completely decimated Germany, was spreading West across the North American continent, and south into South America. New York City remains a warzone as the United States military (partnered with several other nations), BioSec Security Detail, and the Infected struggle to gain a permanent foothold. Welcome to NYC, Quarantine Zone 0. Welcome to Hell.

For the this RP, there will be three character types: Proto-Infected (the human-like progenitors to the modern zombies), Survivors (which will unite with either the Proto-Infected or the military), or the EIS (Epidemic Investigation Service) detectives/General Military troops/BioSec Security. The virus is something I came up with in the shower (Seriously! I was scrubbing myself with bodywash, and it came to me when I wondered how the hell all of those advanced zombie types in video games become like that. Better than that time I came up with a Star Wars story when I was wiping my ass...): The virus infects the host, which dies within 12 hours, exact time of death varying depending on body weight, height, and physical strength. Upon resurrection (resulting from the virus salvaging what's left over of the human brain function, located in the brain stem), the zombie has little purpose aside from spreading the virus. However, biomass (flesh, muscle, bones, organs), upon consumption, is repurposed by the virus: Bones are added to the body skeleton to add to height and natural weapons; muscles are packed together to increase strength, speed, and stamina; flesh allows for bodily expansion and defense; organs allow for increased functions, particularly the brain and nervous system (which would increase viral control over the body, including general intelligence, advanced problem solving, and motor control). As the Infected grow larger, they become much more dangerous and territorial. Eventually, they grow to a size that is practically impossible to control, kill, or quarantine, resulting in global infection or destruction. The two Proto-Infected were the only successful experiments, avoiding the detrimental effects of the virus (death and reanimation, constant hunger, need to spread the virus) while maintaining the benefits (enhanced and ever-growing speed, strength, stamina, agility, and intelligence). They escaped from containment together, while also releasing one of their unstable cousins, resulting in the outbreak of New York City, the Northeast United States, Quebec, and eventually the entire East Coast of North America, not to mention scattered outbreaks occurring worldwide due to infected escaping via air or sea, prompting global cooperation in an effort to stall or destroy the virus, which has failed in the first 4 months (during which the RP will take place). The Military has entered into the situation (partnered with BioSec, who acts independently of most general operations) to recapture the Proto-Infected, and act like the situation never happened. The US Military are fairly corrupted, being partly responsible for the creation of VCAB-213, as well as hindering every operation dedicated to completely annihilating Apophis. So if you want to be a good soldier, I'd recommend the British SAS or French Troupes de marine. The EIS (Epidemic Intelligence Service), working alongside the military to investigate the outbreak. Being outside of the traditional military, they're generally the good guys. Survivors are those average people who managed to survive the first wave of infection, and now attempt to escape the hordes behind them. I'm thinking a group of 3-8. A max of two Proto-Infected (as they would be the most overpowered of the bunch), 3 survivors, and 2 detectives/soldiers. Romance might as well be allowed. Survivors can ally with either side, betray sides, and go their own way. Same goes for the others, though I'd think that the Proto-Infected would stick together. There is no such thing as first-come-first-serve here. You can be the first person to post a character, and you can get looked over in favor of someone with a better CS. Also, if you write the character sheet well, I expect the same quality for the rest of the RP.

Mah rules:

• Grammar, Sentence Structure, and Punctuation of Intermediate Level.
  • BE APPROPRIATE. If you're making a joke, make it clear that it is a joke. No racism, sexism, or other -isms without some clear comedic value. If you're being an ass for no reason, you will be kicked, no warning. Nor will I accept intolerance of other people's opinions. As much as I will not accept someone saying the Holocaust was the greatest thing in the world (without any joke that anyone would consider funny), I will not accept someone who would take offense to a religious joke make some great fuss over comedy. Both result in getting kicked.
  • NO PUPPETEERING WITH ANOTHER PLAYER'S CHARACTERS. You have total control over any and all characters that YOU make, be they major or minor, but NOT those of another player. First offense results in a warning on the public OOC. Second offense results in being kicked and killed off.
  • Once upon a time (three or four days ago), I was kicked out of an RP. I will not name which RP or who the GM was, just the reason: I proposed a faster pace of posting, that it would be unfair to other roleplayers for one to hold up the rest by not posting for a while when it is impossible for the plot to continue without them. This contrasted with the GM's ideas, and thus I was kicked. I did receive notice, and the issue was settled after I explained the comment as a simple preference rather than a necessity. She accepted this, but by then had already opened up my position to someone else, and I couldn't get back on. The point to this? CONFLICT WITH THE GM (me) OR Co-GM WILL RESULT IN THE IMMEDIATE SUSPENSION OF YOUR POSITION. However, you will be privately messaged, and an appeal can be made. If it was simply a misunderstanding (as in my case), you're welcome to join again. Otherwise, the situation is permanent. The PM will appear the DAY THAT I FIND A PROBLEM. You'll have 48 hours to make an appeal to regain your position, within which it will not be open to anyone else, and that seems to be plenty of time to me.
  • POSTING SPEED WITH A MAXIMUM OF ONCE/MULTIPLE POSTS PER DAY, AND A MINIMUM OF ONCE A WEEK. I may have made this somewhat plain in the post above, but it I feel it unfair to other people for someone to join the RP, say they're dedicated, and then back out on it, holding up the line. Conflict with this rule (no post within a week) will result in a PM, followed by a waiting period of 48 hours for a post. If you have a good reason (work life, relationships, family events, etc.), the period is extended for however long is needed or estimated. If there is no action in the time period, another PM will be sent, with a 24 hour waiting period. If no posts occur within the 24 hour period, you're kicked.
Character Sheet?
Name:

Age (range from 16-45):

Affiliation (Survivor, Military/EIS/BioSec, Proto-Infected):

Biography:

Appearance (Just an image is necessary):

People interested in Proto-Infected will need to PM me. I've already claimed one, and I had some ideas that might need some conference. This RP will NOT BE A SURVIVAL SITUATION. This will take place in the immediate carnage of the outbreak and the aftermath of the infection. We'll be traveling along the East Coast, Survivors trying to reach the supposed safe-haven of Langley, Virginia, Proto-Infected trying to reach the BioSec headquarters in Washington, D.C. (making their paths intersect), and the Military just trying to escape QZ 0, BioSec trying to contain the virus and recapture the Proto-Infected, or the EIS trying to find the source of the virus and destroy it (making a web of connections). Hope to have some takers soon.

Reactions: 2 people
YesYesYesYesYesYesYes THANKYOUV:3 I've been dying for this.

I'm so excited.~ :P A good Zombie Rp is soo great. Just like zombie video games. <3

Name: Kelsey DiFazio
Affiliation: Survivor
Appearance: 4'11", Albino, (Pale, reddish milky eyes), variations of different scars cover her upper arms, back, and stomach. Her upper shoulder currently has stitches that were just taken out, and that is her newest scar. Her hair is a short-chopped white. Self cut to keep out of her eyes when she aimed, she has a small, thin, almost boyish frame. She carries a teddy bear named 'teddy' at all times with her in her coat. He is her lucky charm.

Personality: Quick to anger and quite childish this little girl can throw a hell of a tantrum, she's almost as good at throwing tantrums and getting what she wants as she is throwing knives into the eyes of a rotten living corpse. Kelsey is a fighter although not a leader. She has big dreams and a childish sense of humor. She loves to play tricks and taunt the zombies, she'd play hide and seek with the corpses all day if she could. Unfortunately it isn't very fair because being a child, Kelsey cheats. After all if the zombies get blown to bits, then technically they didn't find her, right? Kelsey likes long range weapons, guns, throwing knives, and especially explosives of any kind. Heh. <3 She can't stand the zombie's up close though, she gets frightened and freezes up. Melee weapons are definitely not for her.

Bio: Kelsey's father was a mafia boss in NY area, a gangster who bullied around. He owned quite a bit of the slums, cheated the poor and took from the weak. Her mother was a up-scale beautiful woman who never asked where the money came from. According to her mother, her father worked at a realestate shop. They lived in the metotropilitan area NYC in a grand apartment. With her mother always off, having affairs and going to big-name dances and get-togethers, Kelsey was a daddy's girl. She spent time with him from a young age, listening into his deals and playing with the goons her daddy bought to protect their family. Her dad gave her anything, and when she turned 9 she started going to the shooting range and playing with weapons because she wanted to grow up to be just like her daddy.

Her father was italian and loved his family, even though he was a bad man to others he was very kind to his wife and child. Kelsey's mother took it for granted and ran off with other man when Kelsey was close to turning 11. Kelsey hadn't much of an attachment to her mother anyway, and although a little disappointed was not too disturbed. After all, she still had her Daddy, that is until the police came a knocking with a warrent for her fathers arrest on the charge of the murder of the governor of NY state. He had been ironically, framed. Now in foster care, Kelsey isn't doing so well with the other kids. Everyone wants to play house and she just wants to play cops vs. robbers and have big fake shoot outs on the play ground.

The kids thinking it's weird, avoid her. So most of her life she grew up keeping to her own, practicing shooting at the range, and taking up reading many, many books on astrology, theories of matter (dark and anti as well), black holes, and the assumptions of time. Kelsey is very smart, but she doesn't tend to act it. She doesn't want to appear like a nerd so she makes sure to dress herself like a rebel and a bad girl to keep the bullies too afraid to pick on her. Luckily, people avoiding her was a good thing when the disease broke out.

*Also I'd just like to mention she has white hair, red eyes, and pale skin. The description above is what to go by, these are only similar not perfect to what she appears to be.*short hair artwork white hair anime girls 2800x1750 wallpaper_wallpaperswa.com_70.jpg225081-anime-and-manga-anime-girl-with-gun.jpg

I think I'll join this one, if it's okay; ^^.

Interesting. Foreign or Domestic?

Ooh, you know. I don't think I'd be willing to turn down the Foreign option. Unsure though. Would still have to design my character a bit.

Haha, if he's from the military of the USA is my character allowed to shoot his character in the face? >:D

Haha, if he's from the military of the USA is my character allowed to shoot his character in the face? >:D

Yep. And I'll snap his neck, devour his flesh, and drain his blood into my gaping mouth.

Reactions: 2 people
Yayay <3 ~ I can't wait until more people join and we get to RP it. :)

I'm leaning towards, perhaps, a German soldier. I know more about German than I do for French...but, a.) would that be allowed, b.) would they be viewed as corrupt or not?

I'm leaning towards, perhaps, a German soldier. I know more about German than I do for French...but, a.) would that be allowed, b.) would they be viewed as corrupt or not?

Foreign are outside BioSec influence.

Wait, I'm confused...what?

BioSec are the bad guys, and are based in America. They have not expanded overseas, but have interfered in some foreign conflicts. They are well known for genetic engineering and as an active PMC (Private Military Company). They are responsible for the creation of VCAB-213. They have corrupted the American military, and essentially control the Quarantine Zones. Foreign powers are outside BioSec control. For example, a German soldier would be a good guy, legitimately fighting to stop and destroy the virus (especially after wiping out his/her homeland). An American soldier would be fighting to recapture the virus. Not kill it. And they would kill anyone trying to destroy it. Get the picture?

BioSec are the bad guys, and are based in America. They have not expanded overseas, but have interfered in some foreign conflicts. They are well known for genetic engineering and as an active PMC (Private Military Company). They are responsible for the creation of VCAB-213. They have corrupted the American military, and essentially control the Quarantine Zones. Foreign powers are outside BioSec control. For example, a German soldier would be a good guy, legitimately fighting to stop and destroy the virus (especially after wiping out his/her homeland). An American soldier would be fighting to recapture the virus. Not kill it. And they would kill anyone trying to destroy it. Get the picture?

Ok, I had the right idea from the start. I think I'll make a German soldier then.

I want to join. Just a quick question though, do I need an image? The character I have in mind is not someone I can find a face for. If it's necessary, I'll make a new character.

Also, the zombie books I'm reading are emotionally ravaging

I want to join. Just a quick question though, do I need an image? The character I have in mind is not someone I can find a face for. If it's necessary, I'll make a new character.

Also, the zombie books I'm reading are emotionally ravaging

Well, what were you thinking of? And what zombie book is emotionally ravaging? IT'S ALL BLOOD AND GORE!

Status
Not open for further replies.