Infection

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Newsflesh trilogy. Because there's no way you can't get attached to the characters. Onto the last book now. The author is just a master of keeping me guessing.

And I was just asking because I have a character that is perfect for the environment but is someone I'd rather not put a face to...just because I wouldn't ever find something that comes close to what's in my head. Plus an image would probably ruin him for me (since I always picture them the way the pic looks).

Unless of course I can find an anime character. That wouldn't be too bad to use.

The Newsflesh trilogy. Because there's no way you can't get attached to the characters. Onto the last book now. The author is just a master of keeping me guessing.

And I was just asking because I have a character that is perfect for the environment but is someone I'd rather not put a face to...just because I wouldn't ever find something that comes close to what's in my head. Plus an image would probably ruin him for me (since I always picture them the way the pic looks).

Unless of course I can find an anime character. That wouldn't be too bad to use.

Anime is acceptable. What's the character concept?

Very superficially, dirty blonde, green eyes, and for an anime pic, that's all i really need.

I just don't want to put an actual pic to him because I will lose my own image of him, and I hate it when that happens. Just like I can't picture any of the people in the Hunger Games any way but the way the actors look. It's a matter of preserving my idea of my character.

Oh this sounds fun, I'm in on it. Though I do have a question can I retain 16 year old OC working with a military? Also can a military personal go with another group if the lost their unit?

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh this sounds fun, I'm in on it. Though I do have a question can I retain 16 year old OC working with a military? Also can a military personal go with another group if the lost their unit?

Not 16. It's underage for most countries. Yeah, if your squad gets eaten alive or turned, join whoever you want. If you leave before they die, you're a deserter, and the military will probably shoot on sight or try to arrest you.

I see, I'll just rewrite my OC to a be 18 and have her unit eaten.

Name: Danek Savin
Affiliation: Survivor
Biography: Danek is the type of person who rarely flinches at anything these days.As a twenty five year veteran of the NYPD the detective has seen the worst humans can do to each other. He has seen crime scenes that make even the toughest lose their lunch. Though it is always the funerals that make him question the worth of Homo Sapiens.

Of course the years spent hunting crime in the Big Apple have hardened him and at the same time given him a bleak acceptance of the status quo. He either kills criminals or locks them up and society keeps making more. He hunts through the detritus of the world and is given awards and promotions.

It wasn't exactly the glory and honor behind the badge his Police Officer Father painted him when Danek was young. Of course that could have been all horseshit, would have explained the old man's reaction to Danek's joining of the force.

Though the detective would be willing to bet it was more of a result of his first bust. Fresh from the Academy and immediately tired of writing parking tickets the cop happened to notice his father's best friend speaking with a group of well dressed men in an alley way. Normally the future detective avoided alley ways because the sight of junkies and bums depressed him. But today he was in a hurry to get back to the local precinct and as fate would have it met with the situation that rule his career. His father's best friend had a few hundred grams of coke on his person and was handing money over to the well dressed men. The situation quickly devolved into a shooting match that Danek won with the narrowest of margins and a deep cut where a bullet grazed his right arm. Luckily he shot left handed.

After calling an ambulance for some badly wounded suspects the cop radioed in his current situation. And the rest was history as it were.

The years went on and Danek gradually grew more and more cynical. Till it was a small wonder in and of itself he bothered to wake up and go to work. The cynicism did not effect the quality of his work though. And soon he was Detective Danek Savin, a legend within the police force for the sheer number of bad people he has put out of commission.

But a thin piece of embossed metal means little in a land ruled by fear and horror. The first day of the outbreak found Danek in the precinct filling out his retirement papers. He had enough of the force and serving a people he firmly believed didn't deserve shit. But when the horror caming crashing through the front door the Detective turned, drew his Glock 17 and put three rounds into it.

Life after that only got worse as the overwhelmed NYPD tried its best to serve and protect. But they were not a military force, even the SWAT teams could do little to stem the tide. And so running became the name of the game. Danek though stayed and tried to help stragglers, unable to completely abadon the duty of being a cop.

Eventually though even the Detective had to admit NYC was a lost cause and took to running.
Appearance:

628x471.jpg

Name: Danek Savin
Biography: Danek is the type of person who rarely flinches at anything these days.As a twenty five year veteran of the NYPD the detective has seen the worst humans can do to each other. He has seen crime scenes that make even the toughest lose their lunch. Though it is always the funerals that make him question the worth of Homo Sapiens.

Of course the years spent hunting crime in the Big Apple have hardened him and at the same time given him a bleak acceptance of the status quo. He either kills criminals or locks them up and society keeps making more. He hunts through the detritus of the world and is given awards and promotions.

It wasn't exactly the glory and honor behind the badge his Police Officer Father painted him when Danek was young. Of course that could have been all horseshit, would have explained the old man's reaction to Danek's joining of the force.

Though the detective would be willing to bet it was more of a result of his first bust. Fresh from the Academy and immediately tired of writing parking tickets the cop happened to notice his father's best friend speaking with a group of well dressed men in an alley way. Normally the future detective avoided alley ways because the sight of junkies and bums depressed him. But today he was in a hurry to get back to the local precinct and as fate would have it met with the situation that rule his career. His father's best friend had a few hundred grams of coke on his person and was handing money over to the well dressed men. The situation quickly devolved into a shooting match that Danek won with the narrowest of margins and a deep cut where a bullet grazed his right arm. Luckily he shot left handed.

After calling an ambulance for some badly wounded suspects the cop radioed in his current situation. And the rest was history as it were.

The years went on and Danek gradually grew more and more cynical. Till it was a small wonder in and of itself he bothered to wake up and go to work. The cynicism did not effect the quality of his work though. And soon he was Detective Danek Savin, a legend within the police force for the sheer number of bad people he has put out of commission.

But a thin piece of embossed metal means little in a land ruled by fear and horror. The first day of the outbreak found Danek in the precinct filling out his retirement papers. He had enough of the force and serving a people he firmly believed didn't deserve shit. But when the horror caming crashing through the front door the Detective turned, drew his Glock 17 and put three rounds into it.

Life after that only got worse as the overwhelmed NYPD tried its best to serve and protect. But they were not a military force, even the SWAT teams could do little to stem the tide. And so running became the name of the game. Danek though stayed and tried to help stragglers, unable to completely abadon the duty of being a cop.

Eventually though even the Detective had to admit NYC was a lost cause and took to running.
Appearance:

628x471.jpg

Herm. Accepted.

Ok, I had the right idea from the start. I think I'll make a German soldier then.

Well, go do so.

I want to join. Just a quick question though, do I need an image? The character I have in mind is not someone I can find a face for. If it's necessary, I'll make a new character.

Also, the zombie books I'm reading are emotionally ravaging

HURRY UP ALREADY!

I'm so excited.~ :P A good Zombie Rp is soo great. Just like zombie video games. <3

Name: Kelsey DiFazio
Appearance: 4'11", Albino, (Pale, reddish milky eyes), variations of different scars cover her upper arms, back, and stomach. Her upper shoulder currently has stitches that were just taken out, and that is her newest scar. Her hair is a short-chopped white. Self cut to keep out of her eyes when she aimed, she has a small, thin, almost boyish frame. She carries a teddy bear named 'teddy' at all times with her in her coat. He is her lucky charm.

Personality: Quick to anger and quite childish this little girl can throw a hell of a tantrum, she's almost as good at throwing tantrums and getting what she wants as she is throwing knives into the eyes of a rotten living corpse. Kelsey is a fighter although not a leader. She has big dreams and a childish sense of humor. She loves to play tricks and taunt the zombies, she'd play hide and seek with the corpses all day if she could. Unfortunately it isn't very fair because being a child, Kelsey cheats. After all if the zombies get blown to bits, then technically they didn't find her, right? Kelsey likes long range weapons, guns, throwing knives, and especially explosives of any kind. Heh. <3 She can't stand the zombie's up close though, she gets frightened and freezes up. Melee weapons are definitely not for her.

Bio: Kelsey's father was a mafia boss in NY area, a gangster who bullied around. He owned quite a bit of the slums, cheated the poor and took from the weak. Her mother was a up-scale beautiful woman who never asked where the money came from. According to her mother, her father worked at a realestate shop. They lived in the metotropilitan area NYC in a grand apartment. With her mother always off, having affairs and going to big-name dances and get-togethers, Kelsey was a daddy's girl. She spent time with him from a young age, listening into his deals and playing with the goons her daddy bought to protect their family. Her dad gave her anything, and when she turned 9 she started going to the shooting range and playing with weapons because she wanted to grow up to be just like her daddy.

Her father was italian and loved his family, even though he was a bad man to others he was very kind to his wife and child. Kelsey's mother took it for granted and ran off with other man when Kelsey was close to turning 11. Kelsey hadn't much of an attachment to her mother anyway, and although a little disappointed was not too disturbed. After all, she still had her Daddy, that is until the police came a knocking with a warrent for her fathers arrest on the charge of the murder of the governor of NY state. He had been ironically, framed. Now in foster care, Kelsey isn't doing so well with the other kids. Everyone wants to play house and she just wants to play cops vs. robbers and have big fake shoot outs on the play ground.

The kids thinking it's weird, avoid her. So most of her life she grew up keeping to her own, practicing shooting at the range, and taking up reading many, many books on astrology, theories of matter (dark and anti as well), black holes, and the assumptions of time. Kelsey is very smart, but she doesn't tend to act it. She doesn't want to appear like a nerd so she makes sure to dress herself like a rebel and a bad girl to keep the bullies too afraid to pick on her. Luckily, people avoiding her was a good thing when the disease broke out.

*Also I'd just like to mention she has white hair, red eyes, and pale skin. The description above is what to go by, these are only similar not perfect to what she appears to be.*View attachment 25904View attachment 25905

ACCEPTED SO THAT CONFLICT CAN ARISE BETWEEN A COP AND A MOB DAUGHTER!!!!

Whoa a character that is a mob daughter travelling with a Detective, epic fail that I failed to notice that.

This is interesting.. :P

It is more than interesting. Join us child.

Name:Nathanial "Nate" Giles Allen

Age (range from 16-45): 20

Affiliation (Survivor, Military/EIS/BioSec, Proto-Infected):Survivor

Biography: Born to a poor family, Nathanial lived a life at the bottom of the pile. His father was a violent alcoholic and would often beat Nathanial or his mother, though eventually he tried his best to deflect his father's rage onto himself. At the same time, his mother was emotionally distant, damaged by the shit her life had gone to. In many ways, Nate grew up without parents. At the age of 11, his sister, Lux, was born. He suspects she is only a half-sister, as his mother seems more emotionally involved with her daughter. As the family money went even further into the gutter, due to his father's alcoholism and gambling, his father fell into debt, which resulted in Nathanial being sold at the age of 14 to a sex slave ring, which he bounced around in until his escape at 17. Following his escape, he discovered that his father was dead, and that his mother and sister were untraceable. Presuming they were dead, he did his best to move on. His childhood experiences have left a lasting effect on his ability to form social relationships. He is particularly inept at maintaining a healthy sexual relationship, and has mostly forgone any effort in the area. Instead, he has formed a very small amount of attachment to several male friends. When the outbreak began, he was working on building a company that traded mostly in essential goods, and the money he made from that allowed him to purchase state of the art weaponry, though not much else. Currently, he lives not far from Vancouver, British Colombia, but he plans to make his way south, towards safety, quite soon. He finds a certain amount of glee in killing the "zombies", and would rather die doing so than live to see it all end.

Appearance (Just an image is necessary): I'm going to find an adequate picture, but I'd rather describe as well. Green eyes, sandy blonde hair that when he's had enough sun pretty much winds up looking the same shade as his skin. He is very muscular, but has lost some of that musculature due to recent events. Fighting and running from zombies can take away from precious workout time.
upload_2014-2-24_16-47-8.pngupload_2014-2-24_16-47-28.png

The fuck is with all the survivors? Oh wait, I'm accepting three.

Name:Nathanial "Nate" Giles Allen

Age (range from 16-45): 20

Affiliation (Survivor, Military/EIS/BioSec, Proto-Infected):Survivor

Biography: Born to a poor family, Nathanial lived a life at the bottom of the pile. His father was a violent alcoholic and would often beat Nathanial or his mother, though eventually he tried his best to deflect his father's rage onto himself. At the same time, his mother was emotionally distant, damaged by the shit her life had gone to. In many ways, Nate grew up without parents. At the age of 11, his sister, Lux, was born. He suspects she is only a half-sister, as his mother seems more emotionally involved with her daughter. As the family money went even further into the gutter, due to his father's alcoholism and gambling, his father fell into debt, which resulted in Nathanial being sold at the age of 14 to a sex slave ring, which he bounced around in until his escape at 17. Following his escape, he discovered that his father was dead, and that his mother and sister were untraceable. Presuming they were dead, he did his best to move on. His childhood experiences have left a lasting effect on his ability to form social relationships. He is particularly inept at maintaining a healthy sexual relationship, and has mostly forgone any effort in the area. Instead, he has formed a very small amount of attachment to several male friends. When the outbreak began, he was working on building a company that traded mostly in essential goods, and the money he made from that allowed him to purchase state of the art weaponry, though not much else. Currently, he lives not far from Vancouver, British Colombia, but he plans to make his way south, towards safety, quite soon. He finds a certain amount of glee in killing the "zombies", and would rather die doing so than live to see it all end.

Appearance (Just an image is necessary): I'm going to find an adequate picture, but I'd rather describe as well. Green eyes, sandy blonde hair that when he's had enough sun pretty much winds up looking the same shade as his skin. He is very muscular, but has lost some of that musculature due to recent events. Fighting and running from zombies can take away from precious workout time.

Last to be... ACCEPTED! FOR BEING A SEX SLAVE!!!! (wait a minute. I'm a guy. And I'm not gay. *glances around suspiciously*) You read nothing.

I see, I'll just rewrite my OC to a be 18 and have her unit eaten.

Woah, woah, woah. Yes 18, but the unit doesn't have to be written in as eaten. Just have them gruesomely devoured into the infected consensus in an intro post, or maybe the survivors and Proto-Infected fuck shit up so badly that they get eaten mid-way through?

Yeah bitches. ;) Wheres the ic thread?

If Equivilence makes more than one soldier, and I can get that other guy to get one or two in there, then I'll have my girl up soon, and we'll get started.

And now I have a serious problem. I was thinking that a female would make a grandiose reveal; the source of the absolute evil is a single, relatively innocent female. But I'm a dude. I know how the whole system works, but I have no clue how the opposite gender thinks or really acts. I guess I could pull a Mass Effect and make her as innocently dangerous as EDI...

Lol, we think about the same, just a heads up. All the things that tell you different are lying.

The fuck is with all the survivors? Oh wait, I'm accepting three.

Last to be... ACCEPTED! FOR BEING A SEX SLAVE!!!! (wait a minute. I'm a guy. And I'm not gay. *glances around suspiciously*) You read nothing.

Oh, but I remember it all...
Also, I had to change his background a bit, just considering the situation

Lol, we think about the same, just a heads up. All the things that tell you different are lying.

Oh, but I remember it all...
Also, I had to change his background a bit, just considering the situation

Okay. Not going to touch any deeper there.

Status
Not open for further replies.