Indigo [Registration/OOC] [Always Looking for Players]

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can, but I'm not saying you should. I would like some new people to join though because it feels a little empty with just us four. :(

It does feel empty. Can I get a cold and broken hallelujah?

I keep seeing your banner though so, I don't know what's happening. Try putting in a thread in the Roleplay Advertisement forum?

I might make an ad in the ad forum, but I don't exactly know how I should go about it quite yet.

Our thread has a lot of views though.

Alright, then I don't know why they're not participating. Do you think I can tempt them out, like "come out, come out, you little shits." Maybe that'll work?

Haha, maybe. But I really think a lot of people just aren't interested enough to try joining or just think it's too late to sign up.

Well, edit your first post with a very not subtle sign saying: THERE ARE ONLY FOUR PEOPLE IN THIS RP, WE'RE NOT KIDDING WHEN WE SAY WE WANT PLAYERS. MOST OF OUR CURRENT ONES ARE HAVING STUPID CONVERSATIONS AND SPAMMING THE THREAD TO GET YOUR ATTENTION.

That should convince them.

Reactions: blackRoronoa
The incense is burning. It's smoke. The sticks of incense themselves are not falling.

Incense in some churches is burned in a metal container called a thurible.

Sorry for any confusion that post may cause. o_o

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, so you edited it?
I did. I clarified it, so people shouldn't get the impression that the actual sticks are falling when that's not how a thurible works.

This is a thurible in use, for reference:
thurible.jpg

It is not big enough to hold incense sticks. The incense is granular. When it's shaken in a direction, the smoke will go in that direction. Otherwise it does what it's doing in the photo.

Edit: Now you know what Catholics do.

Because of course I would want to know what Catholics do when I'm Buddhist XD

Well, this roleplay is just another way to learn because I'm gonna be borrowing a lot of rituals and making my own.

I have several friends on the Buddhism train. But I don't have any Asian friends that are Buddhist, so all of my Buddhist friends are white and weren't originally Buddhist. Weird to not have any Asian Buddhist friends since Buddhism is a major nontheistic religion in Asia. It also kinda scares me because my friends aren't really practising Buddhism's principles and beliefs out in the real world. They're just saying they're Buddhist because of something they read on the Internet or on Wikipedia and watering it down as a religion and romanticising it without any kind of deep spiritual thought. It bothers me the same way hypocritical Christians bother me. They're free to think and feel and be what they want; I'm just concerned about the religion's status in the US. I don't want it to transform into another teenage trend.

Ugh, tell me about it. Most of my Asian friends are Christian or Buddhism but that's because they're Christian because they're adopted and Buddhism because they're not.

Honestly, religion is a big deal especially when you call it your own. I haven't had any white friends get on the Buddhism train like the way yours seem to be (thankfully) but that really pisses me off. You can't call yourself Buddhist if you don't practice the principles, that's fake-Buddhism. That is like pseudo-Buddhism what the heck man. They are Buddhist posers how is that even a thing. That's UGH that disgusts me. That would be like me shunning Buddhism and saying I'm Christian because churches and Christmas seems fun. That's offensive. I don't even know how to articulate my disgust properly.

I don't mind the whole adopted part. I mean, when you're a religion because you were adopted into a family of that religion when you were a baby or because you were raised in that religion, it doesn't bother me. It just means you haven't made a choice or you haven't devoted yourself to claiming that you are and preaching it everywhere. That's normal. That's life. People grow up in whatever religion their parents are in until they decide for themselves what they want.

But when you consciously call a religion yours and fail to live up to it, then I'm annoyed. Like, you have to fucking read into your religion and study it deeply and live out the life it calls you to if you want to be a real member of that faith. This is why Christians that say stupid shit like "God hates gays" and shit really piss me off. This is why Buddhists and Muslims that say they believe their religion and don't live it out bother me, or anybody who does the same, for that matter. Take one of my exes as an example: Buddhism is not about dating a boy and then cheating on him with four girls, D, and it's definitely not about bragging about your victories.

God. You get a high-five. Go you.

Obviously, being born and raised into a religion is dandy. I think it's fantastic. All the religions.

But are you serious when you say there are actual people who say they're Buddhist/Muslim/whatever religion/whatever philosophy of life because of some romanticized internet article and then don't actually practice it? That's ridiculous.

Your ex gets a high five.

Yes, I'm serious, that happens. A lot. A lot of my friends simply googled it or whatever and suddenly "Wow I'm Buddhist now guys!"

Also, please no. I hate him.

That is the most ridiculous thing I've heard.

Well can't you, I don't know, at least send him a nod of approval? Like tip your chin down at him and then continue shunning him.

So now there's incense falling from the sky? But the divine sight doesn't do much does it since we haven't got any angels or demons, do we?

So now there's incense falling from the sky? But the divine sight doesn't do much does it since we haven't got any angels or demons, do we?
Well, not everything that happens is immediately important. Same way in real life. You can't always expect something to do something right away in a roleplay.

You can't really see the incense smoke, since it's fallen and dispersed into the air like any other gas or vapor or smoke would. But it's there, and when it lands on the Chosen, they receive the sight. Now angels and demons will appear to the Chosen to deliver messages, propositions, to ask for deals and trades and tricks, following the plot.

I want to make a post, but I don't want to make one until this whole incense mess is cleared up. I wish it was cleared up before @blackRoronoa posted, but now I have to wait for it to be corrected with all the posts, and that's fun because timezones suck. :/

I wish I was just decently good at roleplaying and explaining things because then we wouldn't be in this mess.

I wish I was just decently good at roleplaying and explaining things because then we wouldn't be in this mess.
WOAH LOOKS LIKE YOU'VE SAID IT YOU HAVE SAID THE SENTENCE THAT WILL MAKE ME NOW SPAM YOU WITH FEEL GOOD THINGS BECAUSE NOPE YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO BE SAD HERE YOU BUMBLING PAPERCLIP LIKE NOPE
SADNESS IS NOT ALLOWED
NO SELF DEPRECATING HUMOR EITHER
NOPE NOT ALLOWED HERE AT ALL
SHOULD I WHIP OUT SOME CAT PICTURES
MAYBE SOME HOMESTUCK
I'LL FIND SOME

Status
Not open for further replies.