I'm moving to Canada!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geez guys, way to kill my dreams. :P

Buzzkills.....

Hey, I'm trying to make it so you can still enjoy the show when it airs, not grow resentful of it because you can't leave your house when they're filming. ;)

Hey, I'm trying to make it so you can still enjoy the show when it airs, not grow resentful of it because you can't leave your house when they're filming. ;)
That's like my husband telling me to go get something I want, then getting on me about spending money after I have it. It's men logic. Makes absolutely no sense to me at all. :P

Reactions: Greenie
Of all Cities, you pick the most populated, expensive, traffic filled, city mentality people of all Canada? Don't do it.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Of all the places I lived in Canada (too many) I liked Regina. People were like... the generalized NICE Canadian that we're known to be ;)

Ahh lol. Gotcha. Hm I'm usually just in RP OOCs or PMs but I am spreading my wings.
Yeay for wing spreading! :3
The one good thing about places like Toronto is that it's easy to travel, what with the bus system. Milton travelling was bad. Unless you have a car, you're pretty much screwed. I'm not sure about Oakville, since even though I have family there, they all have multiple cars XD Lucky ducks.
Multiple Cars is basically the norm in Oakville, and public transit is also rather poor.
For example if I wanted to go to my old college campus right now I could take a 10 minute car ride, a 40m-1h Bus ride, or a 90m walk.

Should also be noted Oakville for the past 10 years has had this phenomenon of rich families buying already rather sizeable houses (2-3 bedrooms), tearing them down, making Monster houses on the land and then selling it for more. Has led to a lot of people trying to get us to move and a lot of Oakville's expensive land (because apparently having rich/stuck up neighbours is something to pay extra for), and has resulted in riding your bike on the sidewalk to be illegal (though granted only enforced by a bi-law).
Of all Cities, you pick the most populated, expensive, traffic filled, city mentality people of all Canada? Don't do it.
Hey, at least she's not asking to move to Montreal. :P

Should also be noted Oakville for the past 10 years has had this phenomenon of rich families buying already rather sizeable houses (2-3 bedrooms), tearing them down, making Monster houses on the land and then selling it for more. Has led to a lot of people trying to get us to move and a lot of Oakville's expensive land (because apparently having rich/stuck up neighbours is something to pay extra for), and has resulted in riding your bike on the sidewalk to be illegal (though granted only enforced by a bi-law).
That doesn't sound very fun at all :/ I know my family members rent a house, but I do know others with rather ginormous houses. They've been there from when Oakville was basically nothing though. Probably back when stuff was still cheap there, heh.

I can agree with the Montreal comment as well ;) I was born there and lived for eighteen years. Was very happy to move the hell away from there. While it's comparatively better than other cities in Quebec, it's not a very friendly place to outsiders or minorities.

That doesn't sound very fun at all :/ I know my family members rent a house, but I do know others with rather ginormous houses. They've been there from when Oakville was basically nothing though. Probably back when stuff was still cheap there, heh.
Well I was born in Oakville, but I'm also only 22 years old. So I wasn't exactly there while it was nothing. XD
That being said there is 'cheap' land in Oakville, but that's in comparison to other Oakville land that drives most people to Burlington.
Which funny enough results in Burlington growing faster, and thus also getting more expensive land over time.

But it was when HOPEDALE (Not 'south oakville center' *grumble grumble*) was still a decent mall.
I can agree with the Montreal comment as well ;) I was born there and lived for eighteen years. Was very happy to move the hell away from there. While it's comparatively better than other cities in Quebec, it's not a very friendly place to outsiders or minorities.
I remember going there for a Grade 8 School Grad Trip.

Ending up sticking just to the school staff and students the whole time because everyone else seemed to insist on French.
Plus there was that whole thing a while back about Quebec trying to leave Canada, but expecting all the Canadian luxuries like using our currency. XD

Last edited:
Well I was born in Oakville, but I'm also only 22 years old. So I wasn't exactly there with it was nothing. XD
That being said there is 'cheap' land in Oakville, but that's in comparison to other Oakville land that drives most people to Burlington.
Which funny enough results in Burlington growing faster, and thus also getting more expensive land over time.

But it was when HOPEDALE (Not 'south oakville center' *grumble grumble*) was still a decent mall.
I'll be nice and not say you're a kid :P
It's a never-ending cycle. I've seen it happen on the other side of Toronto as well, with Ajax. I remember when I was just a li'l kid, it used to be all fields of corn. And now o.o I seriously didn't recognize it back when I passed through it last year. Culture shock almost!
I remember going there for a Grade 8 School Grad Trip.

Ending up sticking just to the school staff and students the whole time because everyone else seemed to insist on French.
Plus there was that whole thing a while back about Quebec trying to leave Canada, but expecting all the Canadian luxuries like using our currency. XD
That's one of the primary reasons me and the mister moved. I can manage French but not him. Plus it's pretty racist and intolerant. Or at least it used to be, no clue about it now. The island of Montreal, or rather the West Island is somewhat better though. Still, not my number one place to live.

I'll be nice and not say you're a kid :P
staring.gif

It's a never-ending cycle. I've seen it happen on the other side of Toronto as well, with Ajax. I remember when I was just a li'l kid, it used to be all fields of corn. And now o.o I seriously didn't recognize it back when I passed through it last year. Culture shock almost!
Yea, I know it's a common cycle. It's just funny to find how when people flee expensive land they end up creating it (over time). :3
That's one of the primary reasons me and the mister moved. I can manage French but not him. Plus it's pretty racist and intolerant. Or at least it used to be, no clue about it now. The island of Montreal, or rather the West Island is somewhat better though. Still, not my number one place to live.
I've never been there long enough to say for myself if they're that racist and intolerant or not. I just know they outright love to use french over english.

Reminds me of a comedian sketch where the guy mentioned ordering something from Tim Hortons (I think). And note I'm paraphrasing:

Comedian: "Hey I'd like to have a Iced Coffee*"
Cashier: "Nous ne disposons pas du café glacé".
Comedian: "I don't speak French"
Cashier: *Sigh* "We do not have Iced Coffee!"

Comedian (On Stage): "If he spoke english, and heard me speak english why didn't he just respond in English? They're like the only people who will try to force a conversation into their own language and then get annoyed when you don't understand it".

*Probably meant an Ice Cap

I've never been there long enough to say for myself if they're that racist and intolerant or not. I just know they outright love to use french over english.

Reminds me of a comedian sketch where the guy mentioned ordering something from Tim Hortons (I think). And note I'm paraphrasing:

Comedian: "Hey I'd like to have a Iced Coffee*"
Cashier: "Nous ne disposons pas du café glacé".
Comedian: "I don't speak French"
Cashier: *Sigh* "We do not have Iced Coffee!"

Comedian (On Stage): "If he spoke english, and heard me speak english why didn't he just respond in English? They're like the only people who will try to force a conversation into their own language and then get annoyed when you don't understand it".

*Probably meant an Ice Cap
Oh it's a huge deal. For example, there's the Yeh! frozen Yogurt store, right? Apparently their spoons had English writing on them but not French. They had to get rid of all those and get new ones. Ridiculous.

There's this one store that decided to make fun of the whole thing :P It called itself "Le Marche du Store". :D

The Comedian got it right. I mean, it's funny, but reality. That's why unless you know French or are willing to learn it, you can't really survive there. Heh, my husband decided "Screw that".

Oh it's a huge deal. For example, there's the Yeh! frozen Yogurt store, right? Apparently their spoons had English writing on them but not French. They had to get rid of all those and get new ones. Ridiculous.

There's this one store that decided to make fun of the whole thing :P It called itself "Le Marche du Store". :D
For the spoons? Which have no instructions to read? XD
The Comedian got it right. I mean, it's funny, but reality. That's why unless you know French or are willing to learn it, you can't really survive there. Heh, my husband decided "Screw that".
Probably doesn't help they start off teaching french to a lot of students with a french speaking pineapple.
And if watching subtitles doesn't teach you, then you're behind, which then snowballs your ability to learn it in the later grades. XD

Last edited:
You guys jumped all off topic. :P I don't want to move to Canada to live there! I just want to be there to be close to filming. >_> Because, you know, I enjoy giving myself nightmares, and a killer clown is enough to scare th shit out of me for months.

Ah, sorry about going OT. I usually don't ^_^' Just don't often get the chance to 'nerd out' about my home and native land hehe.

You guys jumped all off topic. :P
Just don't often get the chance to 'nerd out' about my home and native land hehe.
[2]

I've never met anyone online who was as local to me before.
I've had cases of meeting people IRL, and THEN learning we used similar sites, but not the other way around. XD

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Greenie
I've never met anyone online who was as local to me before.
I've had cases of meeting people IRL, and THEN learning we used similar sites, but not the other way around. XD
I'd say it was destiny or something like that, but I don't believe in that stuff. :P

That was a good joke :P

I don't actually live in Canada anymore ;w; Hence my over enthusiasm in discussing it.

That was a good joke :P

I don't actually live in Canada anymore ;w; Hence my over enthusiasm in discussing it.
;A;
I don't want to move to Canada to live there!
Shame(ish).

Canada's basically America with less fundamentalism.
But... Admittedly a lot of Europe fairs better than Canada does, cause Canada is still heavily influenced by the States. :P
I enjoy giving myself nightmares, and a killer clown is enough to scare th shit out of me for months.
Does it count as a nightmare though if you enjoy it? o.O
noun
a terrifying dream in which the dreamer experiences feelings of helplessness, extreme anxiety, sorrow, etc.
... I guess it might if you enjoy being helpless and having anxiety?

... I guess it might if you enjoy being helpless and having anxiety?
I have anxiety already, and I don't enjoy it. At least with horror movies it's anxiety I have control over. =/

And I live in PA now, which I'm starting to believe is America's Canada. People are so nice and polite here. When I lived in Florida, everyone kept saying how northerners were so rude and ignorant, but honestly, the people here are a hell of a lot nicer than anyone I met down south.

Speaking of Canada and nightmare inducing movies, if I'm not mistaken, the Cube trilogy is a Canadian production.

Status
Not open for further replies.