ICSYL Scourge

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Noe was unable to do much more than back off in the dark, but she found herself pressed against a table as she felt a rather large lobster claw smash into her face. She quickly covered her face against subsequent attacks, though her hands were taking a beating, leaving a bruise on her left. Finally taking enough annoyance from this assault, she tumbled to the ground, grabbing a hold of Akio's leg. Now that she had an anchor point, she could tell where she was aiming fairly easily, and she quickly aimed a shot at his groin. She crawled under him during the reaction and aimed a firm kick into the back of his knee, before lifting her leg as high as she could, building up as much tension in her muscles as she could. She was aiming to snap his back with an axe kick!

The ALF had taken pride in the past about their captures and interrogations before. OOA members, SDF members, even random citizens that were suspected of crimes relating to the president had been taken in. Because it was only torture the stories of this place had escaped to the ears of the public, whether or not that was intentional was irrelevant at this point as it had stirred fear in the masses to not even attempt such thinking. Without a doubt they saw Edward as another tool for them to use amongst the advanced racks and thumb screws they had through out the building. One thing was sure though, they had expected Edward to perform his duty to the ALF without question and as such he had no gripes about having to enter the mind of this zealot. "Listen I am no ALF soldier or employee. I am a prisoner, like you. I have no wish to harm you and if you give up the information they seek I will not have to."
"Give it up you heathen. I'm not speaking to you or anyone. I follow Lady Lucia, even if it means my body will succumb to malnutrition." Her fury was very righteous despite the lack of food and water. She seemed to prepare a speech for everyone they had recruited, a tough nut to break.
"I'm rather surprised a holy prefect like yourself would even know what malnutrition is."
"We are in service to our God not stupid."
"I suppose that is true. If you were stupid the ALF would have destroyed your group by now."
"ENOUGH! Prisoner, you will interrogate her." Her face seemed to crack a smile as if they had come to an understanding with each other.
"I am sorry, but our debate will have to wait, if your mind survives this." Edward focused his energies and transformed. The girl was terrified at first of his new form but soon relaxed as he entered her mind and put them in a trance together.

The landscape was easily foreseen; an upside down church of the OOA had a bell ring out. The hymn of Arlon could be heard faintly in the distance. Edward searched around for his victim while they sang but could not find her. That was until the hymn stopped, the voices seemed to be coming from the church and a preacher began to speak to them. Flipping upside down himself he rose to the ground above. When he landed he noticed above him was a town crippled by some destructive force. It was always interesting to see what sort of past someone had through their dreams. Proceeding to enter the church he took to the side.
"And amongst our brethren we shall cast off our net of the devil and send his sword of progress back into him. By the word of Arlon we speak that only through the betterment of our souls not our minds shall we see true salvation; as the devil is deceitful in our mind and purged in our soul. Retain ourselves and we secure our progress, our future." The old priest then pointed out amongst the ghastly dressed crowd. "It is your choice to unveil the devil and slay him." While Edward thought he was pointing at him behind him was the girl he was interrogating. The church was lit up with a blinding light and from its bell tower shot the energy into the ruined sky town. That blast recovered the barren wasteland it once was. A river grew by it, the vines started to grow up along the house, the church goers shed off their veils and populated the town. All that was left in the church was that preacher and the woman he pointed to. "Only your choice can save what we had lost."
"No wonder she's so protective of her religion. She sees it as a way to recover from that disaster, but no amount of magic can recover what the aural bombs have done."
"I'm afraid you are wrong." She had shifted out of her dream sequence and into his fabric of unreality. "I do not seek to undo the past, but look towards the future. I want my home town to flourish once again."
"Shrivisk, right? I recognize the architecture, built to withstand heavy snowfall on the roof tops."
"Right, and the only way I can bring that architecture, that culture, my home back, is to gather the orbs for my Goddess."
"To achieve what? Certainly with enough practice and leadership you could revive your town by yourself. I see a righteous soul but a plagued mind. True the devil you wished to extinguish lived in your mind but it lives in all aspects and is actually just the unknown that all are afraid of. You see, you place a figure to what is figureless and you fear it, progress is not good or bad, it is a gamble. I seek to make sure that gamble is in the world's favor, and what Lady Lucia is doing is throwing that gamble on evil."
"Lady Lucia saved me, she saved everyone. I've seen her, I was the eighth apprentice appointed by her and I knew what came with the territory. None of it was her fault and because of that I cannot accept you call her evil."
"And if you let that blind you then so be it. I'm here for information on your research, your so called progress. I have no wish to stop you from revitalizing your town and no wish to help the ALF destroy it."
"You may be telling the truth but if I give it up to you it will end up in the ALF's hands and that is my gamble I'm not risking."
"I said I had no wish to harm you and if you still refuse then I cannot guarantee your safety, however…" Edward paused for a moment as he shifted the dream into a dark machination in which her town appeared from her past. Once again she was forced to relive her home being destroyed by aural weapons. "…just remember I am a mercenary by heart and for me that gamble is unacceptable." His powers then focused on the distraught girl her mind started to shift the town above began to shake and the ground below began to hover. It was as if the foundations of the dream were breaking apart. There were floating rocks, the top half of the bell tower was ripped off and sent hurtling toward a ruined house. The house it crashed with caused her extreme pain, more than likely her childhood home. It continued as the foundations of her religion started to shake and crumble and the church started to fall, inside of it though was birthed a core of an aural weapon and wiped the town clean away. Tears rolled down her face as her mind was assaulted by the dark images. The only thing left that the two stood on was a single patch of rock that had remained. Below that was a blue haze, almost familiar. Finally the rock they stood on began to fall. The gravity could be felt returning to his shoulders, then his torso, eventually they were in free fall with the boulder above them. They were one hundred feet, away when she cracked. More so the boulder cracked and the entire thing was shattered. Edward landed on his ethereal feet but the girl wasn't as lucky. As with all intense moments in the mind great stress can cause untold effects. She had landed and got up losing her left arm as it burned in a dark flame. "A dark part has been taken from you, I told you I couldn't guarantee your safety." Her pain seemed to stop as fast as her tears had. The wound was cauterized by the mental fire and she looked up to the sky no longer clouded by that other realm.
"I'm not thanking you, this is hard enough for me. But I realize I do have power, perhaps greater than Lady Lucia's, perhaps not. All I know is that it is enough and I no longer need my research." In a moment the world around them turned into an expanse of beauty, underwater beauty. "This is where the orb has been pinpointed to, it is the best my mind can create from the pictures I've seen and books I've read. Nobody other than water beasts have been allowed there since nobody but them can hold their breath for that long. The ALF have the best chance of getting there with their technologies, I just hope your gamble pays off."
"Funny thing about me and gambling. I always play with a loaded dice." Edward smiled, or what he could in his demonic form. He exited her mind and returned to the interrogation room. What's more is he finally saw the physical damage he had done to her. The arm she lost was also lost on her physical body. As she awoke she expected as much as she calmly lifted her right hand and held onto the wound.
"Hey, since you are not with the ALF, who are you?"
"Name's Edward, mercenary of Phoenix and Behemoth."
"Should've known, they were quite an well known force back in the war. I'm Salika, and hopefully I'll meet you again." With one final look at each other the guards took her away back to her cell. Meanwhile Edward was probed for answers.
"Enough, I may be your prisoner but I still ask for a price for this information, you cannot execute that girl. Let her live in the city under probation and I will tell you exactly where the next orb is." Atoshi entered the room somewhat applauding his former comrade's efforts.

"Good enough by me. See to it she is taken care of, now tell me where the orb is."

Last edited by a moderator:
After all that Noe had done to him, you'd think Akio would lose his cool but he tried to maintain it. He quickly realized he had to fight back, he was getting pummeled. He saw Noe readying to attempt to finish him. This axe kick was going to hurt. He had little choice but to use up some of his energy now. He created a small current of thunder energy around his body.

"And heres I was hoping you'd play fair..Well...One piece of friendly advice is all I owe ya, touch me right now..and well, it'll light you up literally!"

He used this time to recover and then moved away from Noe. He then came up with his counterattack. He had to take this more seriously. The current around him ceased as he stopped applying energy to maintain it.

He had to do something big. Something like his father Taiyo taught him.

He ran at Noe and jumped into the air and made a dive for where he believed she was. He landed near her and punched her once in the face! He then grabbed a hold of her left arm and attempted to twist it, "Heh don't mean to twist your arm but...a man like myself is uneasy staying in one place for too long! So then..You ready to call Uncle or do I gots to show ya what else I can do?"

It seemed for now Akio may have had an upper-hand but he knew not to count Noe out just yet. He knew she wasn't the type to surrender. While he was able to focus on one arm, she still had the other available to fight back with.

Liron ended up in his personal quarters eventually. The fanciest room in the hotel. Although the power was off in the rest of it, his own back-up generator come on.

"Well well..Samantha Kaia...You've been a thorn in my side..Trying to turn the people against me....I'll have you know the SDF will help me take control of the city back! I am it's rightful ruler. A just man...But you...You need to be punished.."

"And that boy, he's your son huh? Well..he's gonna get a front seat...to watching what I'm about to do to YOU! A special kind of punishment fit for a woman...Without your hero husband Taiyo to protect you, you're nothing but my BITCH!"

He turned around near a water-filled cage and looked extremely enraged when he realized it was empty. He yelled loudly when he saw some of his women were asleep on the job!

"You useless wenches! WAKE UP!!! What the hell is this? How did she escape????!!!" He shook some of his women and but then he was grabbed by them, apparently betrayed.

Samy of the Crimson Eight revealed herself in that very moment. She was a Water Beast and about forty years of age or so. She was dressed fancily in white and blue formal attire as if she was attending the buffet as well. Despite how she had no involvement in the war, she was still in good physical shape. She carried a keepsake with her, Taiyo's golden yellow bandanna but never wore it. Her expression was one of anger once she saw Liron.

"You only captured me because I let you, my loved ones and friends have all escaped. The SDF won't work with you. You're nothing but a perverted and senile old man!"

"You...But you know....You're one to talk. Your son is the most wanted criminal in the world and your daughter is a pirate and probably dead! The SDF will jail you...So what if I've asserted my dominance over these women? Any sane man would do the same in my shoes! I am a man of greatness! The best merc you ever knew. But maybe it's not too late for you, Samantha...You aren't getting any younger but...You certainly have nice skin and are healthy enough to carry on my great legacy...Mmmm hmm..." He began to eye Samy much to her disgust.

She quickly punched him and assisted Liron's women in locking him up into his own cage. They then fled the area as Samy signaled them it was ok to do so.

"NEVER! Ewww.... You're grotesque! You'd never be half the man Taiyo is. That's why you're in this cage sobbing like a frightened child. So this is how the Kingpin of Serenda ends his life? You stole information from me and tried to pass it off as your own! You're the pettiest merc in the world, not the greatest!"

Liron cowered but looked around and saw Nacim. "HEY! Are you just gonna let them do this to me?? KILL HER! Get me out of her! I'm too great of a man to be locked away in here! I'll tell you everything.. The orb is in Thalassa, Home of the Water Beasts!! The OOA doesn't seem to know yet. I can tell you so much more...And we can re-take Serenda and make it a free city of paradise once more! What are you waiting for, follow your orders and complete your MISSION!"

"No. I seem to recall you said you'd help us catch Noe but instead you ran here to torture this woman and somehow managed to get yourself caught. You are a joke. The SDF are better than this. We won't work with you. We won't give up lives for this place. It's not worth it after all we lost. I will not waste anymore time on you, the mission has changed!"

"NO! Please..NO! I can't believe this..Once Raoul hears about this..He'll expose you, Nacim!! The whole world will know you are not the Terror of Skies, you're Sheena's lover, King of the Wind Beasts, S-"

Nacim dug his claws through the cage and slit Liron's throat. "Empty threats from a useless puppet. I hope we never need to stoop so low ever again.. Now...Samy was it? Are you going to....Co-operate?"

She laughed and didn't mind how Nacim might have taken her kill from her. "I have no reason to tell anyone of your secret. I rather all these factions leave me and my family alone so we may live in peace. But....If you want my help.. I do need safe passage for my son and I to Azull. My daughter is waiting for us there...I'd prefer just to swim my way there but....My son isn't a water beast like his mama.."

Nacim was interested. "That sounds like a fair agreement to me. I can guarantee you safe passage if you can help us find the location of the orb and share with us anything else you may know that could help us. My name is Commander Nacim, with the SDF."

Reluctantly she agreed,"I will help you Nacim, I know Thalassa well...But once I pay my dues, I am free and I will not help you any beyond that. I do not wish to be involved in this futile war. I wish it would end...So we could focus on restoring our world."

Her words resonated with Nacim. He felt similarly. He didn't want to have to fight Sheena or his people. "I understand your sentiments. But as it stands, this war may not end through negotiations. We lost too many in the last OOA attack, we need any advantage we can get. The OOA has one of the orbs already, if they get the rest...I shudder to think what may become of the world."

Before they could have a deeper conversation however, OOA forces spotted them. "You have a point. Well, let's deal with these manics first. After how Taiyo give himself up to save us all...I won't die in a place like this!" Nacim nodded as the two began to fight their way out.

Last edited:
"You fools should quit! It is not in the plans of the Gods for me to die today! I am to become one of them..."

Arabella was now in control of four apparent copies of her body. All of them blocking the way to Lucia with the OOA Wind Beasts and other forces. Carla tried in vain to shoot at Lucia but they put up a barrier blocking it.

"Oh dear...I truly do need to brush up on my exorcism. An evil spirit like this would be easy to force out of those gaudy constructs....I do fear this mission may be a loss..."

Lowe shook his head."We have to fight back against the OOA, we need to accomplish something here! Because of Lucia's ambition...So many in Arcadia lost their lives! We have to do everything we can at the very least!!!" He focused his energy and slammed the ground creating shockwaves that made their way towards Lucia. Spires eventually rose up and one of them dug into Lucia's left foot.

"YOU!!! You dare???!!!" One of the Arabellas quickly removed the spire from Lucia's foot and used light energy to heal it. Despite that Lucia was now in a lot of pain and having issues moving away. She had to rely on teleporting to move now...

Lucia was running out of breathe and she barley managed to duck before one of Carla's beams of dark energy pierced through! She was desperate now. But she sensed opportunity once she saw Sienna. She quickly grabbed Sienna and used her like a shield. "AAAAH! Lady Lucia, what is the meaning of this??? P-p-please let me go I just wanted to tell you-" "Fear not child..We are enforcing the will of Arlon...Your body is to be a shield for me..For I am one chosen by Arlon...To be the mother of new life on this world...To bring hope back!"

"SDF! You know well of the loss of innocents..Tell me this then..Are you willing to shot this poor innocent child to get me? She may be OOA but...She is like my daughter....She...Offered herself to protect me...Her life..Her little body...So shoot if you dare..Can you bring yourself to kill this little one, to blow open her skull just for a chance to kill me?" Tears began to flow from Lucia's eyes.

"That's funny. You were saying you were a God earlier. If so...Why do you need to use a child soldier like that? She did not offer herself either, you forced her and used her. You are no Goddess, nothing but a frightened common wench!" Carla charged up and then fired off a tremendous beam of dark energy. It broke through several barriers, destroyed two of the Arabella constructs and aimed it straight for Lucia as she held Sienna up.

However, right before it could touch Sienna, it curved and went around behind Lucia. Her barrier weakened the beam but a small bit broke through, searing the flesh near Lucia's neck. "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! You....This is a sin...This is wrong..." She let Sienna go but her expression became violent as the rage coursed through her.

"All OOA forces...Evacuate and then set fire to this rotten place with them inside it! I have had enough of it all...These petty attacks..This hatred that they feel for me when I seek only to show them my love for this world! I only wish to SHARE IT but all I am rewarded with is attempts on my life!"

Carla, Lucette and Lowe had no words for how disgusting Lucia's actions were. Yet her followers were so devoted they cared not, bought every word or didn't care enough to question her.

"B-b-but Lady Lucia, some of our women and men may be trapped under the rubble-" "We must accept their sacrifices in the name of the Gods, in this holy war! In this battle for our world's future! In the of Lucia Aeagle...The Goddess reborn that I AM! I AM what they are giving their lives for!!! The dead will be awarded with paradise for dying for me! I promise you that little one! Now we must escape from these heathens!!" Sienna began to help Lucia walk and Arabella also assisted.

She said to Lowe in particular as she yelled, "You..Earth Beast..Know that as a mortal I may have once cared for you, yes..But I have ascended now. I have no need now for anyone at my side! Soon my transformation will be complete....If you so desire me..You must stop your comrades..And join the right side..The OOA...For they are all lovers of true beauty, true harmony, the Goddess Lucia.. A perfect being will soon be born into this world and restore hope!!!!"

Angrily Lowe yelled back as he hurled a stone at her, "SHUT THE HELL UP! I don't care about that, you're just like your father except you hide behind religion and use that as an excuse for committing mass murder! The only thing I want from you...Is for you to die! The person I knew already is gone, I accepted that! The only future you'll create is of a world where corpses fill the landscape!"

Lucia laughed despite all her pain as the stone was blocked by Arabella. Lucette also attempted to break through her defenses but no luck and Carla was almost out of energy entirely. "It already is, you fool!!!! It is the price to pay, for not all are worthy of a true Utopia or paradise on earth!!! That is why I will gather all three orbs and become a true Goddess to end this trial from the Gods and purge the world of all evil! I will not die today for my cause is too great!"

Noe felt Akio's fist connect with her face, drawing blood from her nose. The force nearly knocked her down, but Akio kept her from falling by grabbing hold of her arm and twisting it, aiming to incapacitate her. Struggling against the hold, Noe reached her free arm out, causing damage to her other arm in the process. Slowly, her hand drew closer to Akio's face, at which point she attempted to break her other arm free, managing only to injure it further, causing two things to happen. First, she cried out in pain as she felt something snap in her arm. Second, she felt a heat inside of her burst into life, quickly spreading to her uninjured arm. She'd aimed for his face, but the pain had offset her aim and instead, it grazed heavily from his shoulder to his chest, with the heat of any real flame. Noe's body began to suffer burns starting from the core of the heat, but she continued on her outburst, grabbing Akio's sides to leave mid-range burns. Finally out of his reach, she looked at her surroundings, a heat haze now distorting the air around her as she ran away from her opponent, stopping by the extravagant banners. Leaping upwards, she forced them down, setting fire to them in the process. The flames quickly began to spread along any carpeted areas, which included most of the building. Instead of running, Noe simply stood in the center of the flames, giggling between deep breaths as the destruction spread. She cocked her head to the side, one eye thinner than the other as she stared at Akio.

"Can you get out?! I wonder, can you escape my heat?! Ahah...hahaha..."

She made no effort to chase Akio, and found herself breaking out in mad laughter once more, even as the flames grew higher and higher still. She was reveling in her burning palace now.

*Serenda, The Blue Amor*

Inside of the hotel, the situation was growing more dire due to the blazing fire.

Akio wasn't enjoying the way things were heading now, getting burned was not a pleasant feeling. Cuts would heal sooner but the burn could linger for days. He began to speak as he began to carefully make his escape as he focused his energy and gained a boost of speed.

"Ok...Okaaaay...I can see someone's burning down the house. I'm not one to cut and run but...Sometimes gotta do what you gotta do. You're on a whole another level of crazy! It was fun until you turned the crazy switch onto eleven."

Being a thunder beast did allow him to move quickly past the flames. Eventually he reached the end and saw the finest piece of brisket he'd seen in years. He reached to tear off one piece of it and then saw as it soon caught on fire forcing him to abandon the rest of it.

"Look at this, Heavy Brisk but...Bite siiize."

He took a bite out of it as he ran, glancing over at Noe confused as to why she wasn't moving or reacting to him. "You might want to get out of here too, just some friendly advice even if you kicked me where the sun don't shine. It's too hot in here for me so I'm out! I just ain't the type of guy to enjoy a girl unleashing her burning hell upon me you know?"

He then sped away from Noe, noticing she wasn't chasing. Thus he did not make anymore aggressive moves toward her. That and the burns he suffered made it far more painful to move now.

He realized he had to get out. He had to see if he could find his mother. He then glanced to the left and saw Nacim and Samy fighting off OOA members. He carefully unleashed a bolt of thunder energy at an OOA member.

"Ah...Glad to see you're ok Mom! Sorry I wasn't there....Crazy girl came at me and left me choice. She was a super freak, well the kick you down below and set you on fire type."

"I don't want to even know but I escaped just fine by myself, I can handle fighting still Akio. Liron is dead. Let's just get out of here before the place collapses!" Akio nodded and the two of them followed Nacim was he lead them back towards the entrance.

Moments after that, Sheena came in along with a few other wind beasts, horrified at the orders Lucia had given them. They were to literally fan the flames in the hotel. She became quite troubled when she saw Noe looking psychotic and delighting in the flames instead of fleeing.

"NOE! We have to go! Snap out of it and come with me! What in the name of Arlon has that orb done to you?!!! I'll get her out, the rest of you find any survivors before we hasten the burning of the Blue Amor!! We don't want to leave our brothers and sisters in arms to die like that! I do not care what Lady Lucia says!"

*Serenda, Outside of the Blue Amor*

Lucia used her light energy and blasted a hole on the other side of the hotel. She and most of her followers whom were not helping set the hotel ablaze followed. She was making her way to an OOA boat.

"Finally, they surrender. They realize they cannot hope to vanquish us...It is all over for them. I will gather all three orbs. There is no stopping my ascension!"

However, she was quickly proven wrong once Carla gave everything she had left for one final chance. She first tossed out a series of dark energy grenades that took out most of Lucia's guard. Lowe backed her up as he created a fist of stone and hurled it down near Lucia. Lucette charged up her light energy cannon and unleashed a huge blast from above near the port, destroying the boat Lucia was attempting to board. They were now all outside as well.

Carla then unleashed one penetrating beam of dark energy, it tore through several of Lucia's OOA escorts, bashing through their skulls with ease and even breaking through he barrier. It got so close to Lucia that it was mere inches away from penetrating her head as well. However it was only stopped by an Arabella construct who jumped into it in time. The construct was rendered headless and fell to the ground but not before launching off some sort of signal beam into the sky. Lucia now only had the terrified Sienna with her.

"Oh no...Please stop!!!" She cried and covered her eyes at the carnage that unfolded, making sure to avoid looking at the corpses of her dead comrades.

"All that effort..And still, nothing to show for it. I pity you all..I love this world....Why can't you see that??! I will shape it's future and you cannot stop me! This is OOA territory! Let me show you...What I created!!!!The largest and most unified army in the world, all united to create the perfect world, a future with hope for EVERYONE!!!Where I rule it...as a pure hearted Goddess with love for all!"

Reinforcements began to pour out of several neighboring buildings and structures. There were now more than two hundred this time!

The force that had taken Serenda remained to occupy it! The forces included heavily armored OOA Knights with immense shields, Elite Elven Mages whom had knowledge of the most devastating elemental spells and to top it all off, Thunder and Earth Beast infantry for a good combination of offense and defense. This was Lucia's real escort force. They quickly all bowed in unison to Lucia while they awaited orders.

Lucia smiled when she a new boat coming in. "Protect it with your lives! Push them back into the fire!!! Show them the power of the Gods is on our side!!!"

They all rose to the call and began to form up in ranks. Luckily such a huge force required time to organize. But after a few moments, all the SDF heard were footsteps in unison, the clanking of armor and shields. The sound of weapons being unsheathed and spells being prepared to unleash.

"That's...We've done everything we can...We have to pull back. This objective has failed....Do not waste your lives...We will reunite with the others there." Carla sighed as she gave the order to retreat. She could not hide the exhaustion and disappointment in her voice. Lowe and Lucette did not hesitate and they began to leave as well, heading to the assigned extraction point near the outskirts of Serenda.

"NO! This simply cannot be...How did the intelligence reports not take this into account??! I do so believe someone has to be held accountable for this....If they were hidden, they were hidden too well!!!! Perhaps....Magic was involved....Oh dear...This does not bode well. I hope the others make it because we cannot turn back to assist them now!"

Lowe took it upon himself to cover the others, seeing how tired they both were. Carla was out of energy entirely it seemed. "I don't know..But Carla...You need to go now, you've pushed yourself to the limit!!! This one's mine!"

Lowe charged up his earth energy into his fists and then unleashed it, slamming the ground and causing a huge spire to rise up and block the advancement of the OOA forces in hopes they had enough time to get away. Surley enough, he had bought them the time. He then began to follow while the OOA forces had to destroy the massive spire he had created.

Lucia laughed and taunted them all as she yelled out. "THIS is the power of the Order of Aeagle! Of the Great Goddess of Light and Life, Lucia Aeagle!!!!! The ALF..The SDF..NONE OF them have this, they all dream of such a large fighting force but I live it. I make miracles!!! Never doubt a Goddess!!!! All you can do is run and cower!!!"

Last edited:
The plan had gone all to hell. The building was on fire, there were troops being deployed, and even Lucia had retreated to the port. This was the exact opposite of a stealth or assassination mission. "Flippin' idiots don't know the first thing about tactics." Camack muttered in the van he had acquired. Many of the girls Liron had held had fled past the vehicle and aimed to retreat to the houses in Serenda. Amongst them he had spotted Nacim accompanied by a water beast and a thunder beast. "At least the bastard is good at making friends. Hold on back there, we're getting out." He signaled to Madesi. She nodded as Camack slammed the gas pedal down and reversed while turning screeching to a forward position. Finally a few thunks and the van was hurtling toward the group. "C'mon get in, we'll discuss things when we're safe. Where'd the rest of your ninny little army go?" Camack merely received a grunt from Nacim but soon he didn't have to ask. There were spires coming from the port and if intelligence had proven anything, Lowe was behind them. Stepping on the gas again he really pushed the limits of the simple vehicle.

-Kenelm, Abscus

A meeting was full underway after the information gained from Edward and Salika. "Sir, with the orb in the hands of the water beasts perhaps we should use the SDF to-"
"No Killard we will not be needing their assistance anymore. Serenda is ours to take we will find our own way."
"Yes sir." The office was populated by several of the ALF's finest and even Atoshi had joined them.
"To be frank sir, I couldn't stand another mission with the SDF scum. However, Killard may have a point. Our research in underwater based technology has been hindered by the war. We are unable to, by ourselves, access this ancient city. That Liron had captured one of the few water beasts we had eyes on and for all we know has killed her." Alva sat back in his chair and weaved his hands together in front of his mouth. It was a common thinking pose for him, one easily recognizable by Atoshi as it put him into a corner.
"Aurora, what of your daughter?"
"Sir?" She stepped forward a bit nervous as to what her president might suggest.
"She is one of the few mages that did not defect to the OOA, SDF, or went awol in Lavion. And with her unique talent she may be of use to us."
"In what way sir?"
"I've seen her shows, that is only a fraction of her power, right? Then she'll be able to give you air by forming some sort of field around your head." Aurora smiled it could have been worse. However, once again Alva underestimated the power of his forces.
"Sir, she'll do better than that."
"I hope you're right Aurora, and what of this prisoner in the corner? I find his presence disturbing."
"If you find me sitting here disturbing, I suggest you don't sleep tonight." Edward had been cuffed but still under the watchful eye of Atoshi.
"Do not worry about him Killard, I'll be watching over him, but I will have my unit guard Aurora's. We'll be deeper into OOA territory than before." Alva nodded in agreement and sat forward once again and messed with his computer on his desk.
"See to it you do not fail to get this one. I do not need your unit failing again."
"What do you mean sir?" Atoshi asked. Alva merely turned his monitor for him to view. The Ocular Celestial Eye had full view of Serenda and the panic stricken across the whole city. "I apologize sir, if another chance arises I'll have Camack watch the SDF with utmost-"
"I'll have you on the floor of operations commander. After all it will be your head on the line next time." Atoshi nodded and left with Edward. The council had made its decision.

-Serenda, Port

Curving around the corners of the port in the beat up little van was starting to cause a few passengers motion sickness. The sickness itself was not without reward as Camack hit the brakes hard nearly crashing into Carla and Lowe. "Get in here, can't have ya being captured by the OOA and exposing secrets now can I?" He did not have to ask them twice, although the van was becoming quite cramped in the back. This did not stop Camack though from making the rough turns he was so used to by now. First he turned to the left, the OOA elite mage forces were there to try and stop them but they were caught off guard by the high beams. Their new chariot mowed through at least five mages on the street before making a right up onto the main road. Once again the elite tried to catch up with them, earth beasts made spires like Lowe, the thunder beasts tried to use the herded van's trajectory to zap it. Unfortunately Camack was just having too much fun with the vehicle to let them stop him. Lightning blasted along the side and broke off the mirror. A spire came up on their right side hitting the van putting it up on its two left wheels. Everyone's weight shifted to the other side trying to put it back on four. After the maneuver was over several of the passengers saw the hole in the van, it was as if a large claw gauged open a person sized door on the side. There were a few more long distance shots but they were easily avoidable. The outskirts were now coming up but Camack was aiming for the forest before he would stop.

Noe was carried off as she cackled madly at the destruction she left in her wake. The Blue Amor was burning down rapidly, and some of the OOA members were only hastening its fall. She lunged forward, nearly breaking Sheena's grip on her before going silent, staring wide-eyed at the bright flames. Sheena would feel intense heat coming from Noe's body, not enough to burn, but heat nonetheless. As they escaped, Noe would fall asleep the orb ceasing to glow as she lost consciousness.

*Azull*

The SDF and ALF forces made it back to safe territory but the outcome did not please anyone. The mission was a failure and of course there was plenty of blame to go around. The SDF members of the unit had to rest for now before moving out. Stopping at Azull was the perfect idea for now as departing from there would be the easiest way.

Lowe helped Carla get to the sleeping quarters in the Azull base. She was tired out, having used up all of her energy once again. The rest of the SDF however began trying to formulate a method for getting into Thalassa with Samy helping them. Lowe decided to call the Professor to see if she had any ideas.

"Underwater? Well...At one time I dabbled with making a ship for going underwater but...Well it's not complete. But I do have some high-tech diving gear. I will modify them and fit it to match you guys. It should hold up just fine..And tell Samy I said hi. I'm not happy that bitch Lucia isn't dead but...Don't let it get you guys down. Just get some rest..."

"Thank you Professor." Lowe said as he ended the call.

"Oh no no on..Me in that dirty sea WATER? Touching my skin? Foul! I detest the ocean...But if duty calls and I have no choice... But this reminds me..I must speak with someone from Lavion now. You look after Carla, she only has eyes for you after all..Wake sleeping beauty, Lowe. Your inamorata awaits."

Lowe sighed. "Listen, don't crack any jokes about me and her. She's exhausted and I know she must be taking this failure to heart. We all should be. But all of the blame is not hers alone to bear...We weren't prepared, we didn't know the full extent of their forces...And we didn't have the means for killing Arabella for good. And you need to not be so over-confident about things. I hope your Lavion contact can help you get started with that exorcist training you spoke of...I have no other ideas for what could really take Arabella down for good or at least for a little longer."

"Oh dear I did get to you there.. Oh it's all in good fun. We cannot be all doom and gloom about it you see. At least we did not lose anyone even if it was a colossal failure. After all of this tragedy and these failures, we have to try to get our spirits back up! Now if I may be excused I must go. We will see if they can help me with such matters. Farewell for now."

Lowe went to go check on Carla. He wasn't too worried but as always she was keeping her emotions under control. It was hard to tell how hard the failure effected her.

While the rest of the SDF went to rest and recover, Nacim confronted Raoul one-on-one. Akio had to leave almost immediately after they brought him to Azull as even in Azull he was a wanted-man in the Azull base's office.

"Raoul..Now tell me, if your intelligence gathering is so great...Why didn't we know about all of the forces? Why did you think it was a good idea to trust someone like Liron?"

"A better question is where is Akio? Why is a military organization helping the most wanted fugitive in the world escape again? I admit it did not go as planned but you have no right to accuse me of anything, Nacim. You are on thin ice. A court marshal may be in your future."

"I am not the one who was demoted is what you forget! I am going to speak to Zigus right now about this. I will see to it that The SDF will not take any intelligence your forces gathered seriously and any projects you were involved with will be shut down. As far as Akio goes, for a fugitive he has helped our organization. He has brought us no harm and I believe he may have been falsely accused."

"Do not make me laugh, it's all part of Akio's act! Just like you... King Shine, or maybe I should address you as the lowly Nacim...I know you distrust me and hate me but we do not need to be enemies. I want us to win this war just like you do. Being stuck with that ALF scum must have weakened your unit, held you back. If you continue to threaten me like that then you will forfeit the future of your beautiful bride Sheena...How does that make you feel?"

"Nothing. I feel nothing...I will not stop. And I do not like nor understand what you are planning. You speak of wanting to end this war just as I do but...Your actions have constantly endangered the lives of my unit! What is your excuse for all of this?"

"I must have struck a nerve....Just try to continue, Nacim. I will not mind. Just remember I am your superior still. I just have my own way of doing things. It was a shame the ALF members did not suffer any losses despite the surprise reinforcements...Very peculiar."

"You....Can't be serious...That was your goal? Endangering us and them? I hope you are joking. We don't need to rely on such cowardly means to defeat anyone. We made a temporarily truce with them! One we intended to honor!"

Raoul laughed as he stood up preparing to walk out. "Cowardly you say...But this is war, Nacim. I bet they were considering the same thing. I will speak to you later. Your unit gets one more free pass on helping Akio escape but....Do it again and there will be consequences. Next time you meet...You are to take him dead or alive! That is my order. Or perhaps I'd need to cover Sheena in chains and exchange her for him? Think about it, Nacim. This is your last chance to heed my warnings. Even a killer like you has to respect my political power."

Nacim gave no reaction, despite how angry he was at Raoul threatening and talking down to him. Raoul walked out as Nacim stood in there. Nacim was not about to back down but he knew he had to take Raoul's threats seriously.

*Teros,Asenka*

The OOA forces managed to get Lucia to safety. They had succeeded in protecting her. Sheena had managed to get Noe out and as many Wind Beasts as she could. She and the others took a separate ship while Lucia took a different one.

Both ships made their way towards the capital of Teros. The same city that housed Lucia's cathedral, the city of Asenka. A place that combined old and new. It's climate left much to be desired, being rather cold during most of the year but heating up during the summer time.

It was not like the other capitals. Due to the OOA's policies, there were little traces left of any technology and what little remained was collecting rust or shut off. It was primarily only the bases, the port and Lucia's cathedral that were even allowed electricity.

Hospitals in the Asenka consisted mostly of magic based healing with very little emphasis on antibiotics. Natural remedies and healing magic were meant to be the way. Some did not even use the hospitals and tried to seek healing from Lucia herself who from time to time did so to boost her reputation and to keep her followers loyal.

The city itself was a mixture, a blend of old and new. Old but more modern buildings were what lingered from before Lucia took over. New smaller structures made of stone were put into place by the OOA. Old Teros factories were ordered abandoned and most were destroyed but Lucia left a few just in case. While the majority of the city was fully secured and heavily guarded, the abandoned areas were very rarely policed at all aside from the borders leading in and out.

There was not much to do for fun in Asenka. It was not like the other cities. One did not go to Asenka to unwind or celebrate, people came to worship Lucia or beg for healing from her. There were countless shrines and temples dedicated to worshiping Lucia and the Gods themselves. Those who lived in Asenka were either those most devoted to Lucia or higher ranking members in the OOA forces or other religious figures whom Lucia kept alive for her purposes.

The only real source of entertainment was the underground fighting scene. There were no arenas for sanctioned combat but some took to the abandoned and forbidden parts of the city to fight in. Although some speculated Lucia frowned upon it was said sometimes people were recruited base on their performance in these no holes barred-underground tournaments.

It was not the most ideal place to leave either. Public executions were commonplace in the town square. Heathens who opposed religion, criminals, ALF and SDF prisoners of war and anyone who spoke out against Lucia were usually the unlucky victims. They were typically humiliated publicly and then hanged. Some were even be-headed with an old fashion guillotine. Some followers were amused by these public executions but most women and children generally stayed inside so as not to witness such grisly things.

Despite of all of this, it was still somewhat safe. As long as you were loyal to the OOA and Lucia, you would live. Monsters were very few due to Teros being man-made. The only creatures that could attack were usually airborne ones or very rarely sea monsters attempting to siege the port.

Noe,Sheena and Sienna ended up at the Askena base and would be allowed to rest there after the battles they had waged. The base itself was made before the war and was quite comparable to the ones in Arcadia but not as advanced as the ones the ALF had or Lavion's. Lucia had also destroyed a good deal of the old technology based weapons and seemingly disposed of any regular bombs that could be used by airships.

Sheena escorted Noe to the resting room in the barracks along with Sienna. "Sienna...You watch over her. I need to talk with Lucia....What she did today..I cannot look past! Using you like that and leaving some of our forces to die! We saved all we could but...This can't be allowed to happen again! The world as we knew it ended back then because the people focused on destruction of the dark beasts, on causing death no matter what!!! We had superior numbers, there was no reason to set the casino ablaze!"

She was outraged and no longer hiding it this time as she stormed out. Sienna was left alone with the unconscious Noe. Just expected to watch over here in case she woke up. She glanced over at Noe resting now and sighed. She spoke aloud to herself, "I hope she'll be ok...That orb is quite a burden....It's been really cruel lately but...Lucia..maybe if she gets all three of the orbs..The world really can change for the better..."

Around this same time period. Lucia was relaxing in her cathedral's spa room. Arabella was tending to her wounds while she planned out the OOA's next moves.

"The orb is in Thalassa.. That wretched place. Those Wind Beasts will prove even more useless underwater even with whatever sort of magic we shall use to help them survive underwater. Perhaps we need to have someone else lead them. Experienced naval fighters..Wouldn't that be great, Arabella? They will be easier to keep alive. It's not that I wanted those who were sacrificed to die in that fire but...they knew the risks. They knew that my goal is worth dying for!"

Arabella only nodded in response but it seemed even she was having doubts with how she was handling things now. The goal of obtaining all of the orbs was driving her to commit even worse atrocities. It was growing increasingly harder to justify these actions and still keep the people on her side.

"But..What of the orb, Arabella? Who should be the next to take it? Poor little Noe's body has enough with that..I think we should find us another vessel to hold it until the time comes..Or perhaps..I can take it for myself! But the SDF and ALF could be there. Yet even when they tried to work together they could not take my life!!! We must weigh the risks and the benefits despite their failure..They might not fail again...But then again I do have the Gods on my side.. Oh Arabella...Let us think about this a little bit longer..Then we'll order our little Noe and the others to fetch the orb."

Last edited:
Noe slept in the bed made for her, muttering unintelligibly as she twisted and turned, knocking a few blankets away in the process. The burns on her body remained, signalling a desperate need of healing magic. There was still a layer of heat around her, sending out the smell of smoke due to the blankets on her. It was enough to cause some smoke, but not an intense inferno. The orb itself was pulsing regularly, sending shockwaves through Noe's body with each pulse. Finally, she muttered a single word.

"Thalassa..."
"Orb..."
"Tha...las...saaaaa....."

*Asenka, Lucia's Cathedral*

"Oh? Who is at my door? More of those diseased rotting humans or is it someone worth my attention? Arabella, please greet our guest! Just inform them I want a quick visit. I am weary."

Arabella made her way to the door, looked through the stained windows and noticed it was a familiar face, the commander of the naval unit! It was none other than the demon Scylla Meriel! Her appearance was rather mundane on land all things considered. Her most notable trait was her elegant golden hair but it was all kept in check and under her hood for the most part. She wore white robes like the rest of the OOA and the only way to identify her rank was the aquamarine gem on her hood and her trident. She looked to be about thirty years of age and looked fairly healthy..Yet it was hard to see her, she was rather reclusive and usually not in the public eye despite her position.

Her history was not known to anyone it seemed. Yet she was one of the first OOA members, right after Sheena it was said. It was clear she had some involvement in the war but did not speak of it. She preferred to spend her time in the depths, the ocean. A place that was not as hopeless and dead as the land of the planet was. Yet it was not perfect either, some segments of the ocean were highly polluted. The decomposing fresh bodies dumped into it, skeletons of the dead,waste from Lavion, ruined pieces of airships and boats and of course the bodies of sea creatures killed all marred the beauty of the ocean.

Some speculated she joined the OOA to save the ocean, others thought it was because she needed Lucia's healing for a disease she contracted. Only Lucia and Scylla knew the truth.

She bowed before Lucia and said to her, "Blessings of Arlon upon you, Lady Lucia! I have heard the orb is in Thalassa. I must humbly beg of you..to let me be the one to bear it...I know just how to get into there and how to get out. If you allow me to take charge, I will not fail you! I have a thrall that can bring us to there quicker than any other faction!"

Lucia seemed amused and received a goblet filled with white wine from Arabella. She took a sip and responded, "Scylla..Beautiful Scylla. So pious...You may certainly lead the group. Sheena will not be of any use and I grow weary of her failure. The OOA needs someone greater than the Emerald Eagle now..You will be quite a good candidate for it. All I know is said to be an orb of great healing power, some say even immortality to it's holder...And I know what you wish to do with it...Yes. It will save you, Scylla...Well you have my blessings. I will put you in charge. Good luck. Is there anything else?"

"No Lady Lucia, that is all I ask for..Thank you! I am forever in your debt! I will make all the necessary preparations now!" She bowed one more time and then walked out calmly but with happiness.

On her way out she crossed eyes with Sheena and said to her, "Sheena. Hear to see the Goddess too?" "Scylla, yes I am. How nice to see you." Neither of them really cared for the other. Sheena was growing to be more critical of Lucia but Scylla was eating out of her hand it seemed. The two did not continue their conversation past that.

"Oh heavens, another visitor? I can only hope it is a devoted like Scylla. I believe she has talent, Arabella. She fights despite her hardship. I need new pets after all. Sheena is no longer my dog...Noe is quite lovely but harder to control, she would bite your hand if you tried to pet her at times due to her madness, I just need to heal her more to guarantee her loyalty to me...Scylla is just perfect for the role.. Always knowing her place at my feet! Just like the rest of the world should be doing now if they want to survive the coming purge of sin! Now Arabella...Tell our next guest that he or she can wait...A Goddess needs her beauty sleep too."

Arabella nodded as she opened the doors but signaled for Sheena to go away. Sheena sighed and flew off defeated and upset. It was hard to live with what Lucia had done. Sheena was not about to let it go that easily. Her people were too important to her.

*Asenka OOA Base*

"W-w-w-what is this?? Auntie Sheena!! What's going on with her? Why is there smoke?? What's the orb doing to her? What is she talking about, the next orb but why?" Sienna struggled to try to catch Sheena before she took off but was too late.

She looked around the area for help and called upon an OOA healer in the base. The healer was a very skilled elven priestess but Noe's case was severe. None the less Sienna attempted to help, "Help! Please, can you see what's wrong with Noe? It's very strange. I don't understand it at all! Her body is like....on fire..."

The healer began to panic as she attempted to touch Noe. "Oh no no no. I cannot directly touch her.. This is strange...I'll do what I can but maybe we'll need someone near Lucia's level for this...It must be..The orb...Her body could be rejecting it or maybe this is the orb itself producing this heat.. Allow me."

The healer created a pure white healing circle around Noe's bed but it did not seem to stop the fire just yet. "This is powerful magic we are dealing with..this orb...The orb of knowledge...Let us see if that improved her condition..."

"Oh please be ok. Thank you ma'am, err Miss healer! Whatever name you go by...I really hope she doesn't need Lady Lucia..Lucia has overcome so much today..."

"Yes..She has..Little one, let's pray for Noe! O Great Arlon...Save this heroic young maiden...So she and Lady Lucia may lead our world to a future of light..A utopia for all! Praise to the Pure Goddess Lucia, in her honor restore Noe to us!"

Sienna repeated the prayer as well. She did not speak about her doubts of Lucia at the present. She was just grateful to be alive after nearly being used as a human shield. She was not sure whether the prayer would work but they had hope Noe's condition would change for the better.

If the ALF were any one thing it was efficient. Their sheer determination to understand the whole war, their scientists seeking to recreate the benefits from the time before hand, and their weapons gradually were coming back online. It was a mystifying sight, almost as if Edward were back in Lavion. Although they did lack something that Lavion had plentiful of, their generators lay in ruin, power came from vastly inefficient power plants rebooted after being abandoned. Next to one of these plants was the group's destination, Aurora had led them straight to a hanger. The building looked to be untouched and very well guarded. However, for them, it was fairly easy to get in, all she had to do was flash a military ID past them and the watch dogs nodded. While Edward moved past the checkpoint he fiddled with his new attire. The shirt was fairly itchy and the cuffs came out further than his arm's length. "You're sure I can't just wear a white coat or something to that effect?"
"Habits die hard don't they? No, you cannot wear anything outside of our uniform to keep you from being a target on the battlefield. Friendly fire is guaranteed to happen if you do not." Atoshi said guiding Edward further into the hanger as he was allowed past the checkpoint.
"What about you?"
"I don't often attend missions with others, but when I do let's just say my presence commands respect." They all were now introduced to their transport, an AW-750. It was said that later in the war these vehicles were able to precise tactical drops on ships out in the ocean and capable of moving from 0 to 750 mile per hour in under forty five seconds.
"Thought I took them all out on that mission to the Helios." Edward stood there in awe of the vehicle.
"Not all of them, we have numerous scout parties deployed into regions of Helios and Shrivisk, surely you wouldn't think that we'd lose something like this." Aurora replied getting on some headgear. "I remember testing the prototypes, very effective but now-a-days very costly. Not even the OOA with their untapped technological resources could fuel this thing for longer than four days of service tops. So you can assume what priority this mission is to President Alva and the punishment you might receive if you fail." Aurora had put on a stern, deathly look. Even Edward was a bit unnerved by her seriousness, although that was quickly dispelled by a voice coming from inside the vehicle itself.
"Come on Mom, let's get going. Remember what you said, there is no time to wait around in war."
"Tonya, remember to stay in the back on this mission, you aren't fully ready but we need you right now." Aurora said, her face had softened for her daughter but she remembered quickly who she was around. That momentary relief gave Edward some questions to think about as they got underway to take off toward the ancient city of Thalassa.

-Asenka OOA Base

There was a small excitement around the base over the problem Noe was causing. What few healers the base had had gathered as word was to reach Lady Lucia, however, she was no the first to get there. The healers all had to back off as their hands needed healing themselves. Three of them were out in the hallway as the whimpers of Sienna and the occasional mutterings of Noe could be heard from the room. There was a slight crackle in the hall and soon out of nowhere a rip through the air appeared dark in color. Passing through in dark colored robes and with blue cuffs and ribbons was the Magistrate. "That is enough, tell Lucia that her most prized possession is currently in my care." None of them argued as they each raced for their goddess. The door creaked open and each flame turned a ghastly blue as he entered. "How long has she been like this?"
"O-only about ten minutes I'd say." Sienna responded at first hesitating but gaining confidence as she sat next to Shinigami.

"Those idiot healers wouldn't know the first thing about how to treat this. And I highly doubt Lucia would either, not like she was taught any skills, just inherited them." He kept mumbling to himself over the mumbling that Noe was doing. "Should've taken a lesson from Lavion gods and have been eaten at birth." He placed his hand just over her chest and stomach. The blaze coming off of her body singed the fabric he let dangle to close even catching fire on some ribbons, however, his hands did not burn. "Then again, I guess aura is too complex for these simple minded minions she's got running around." Finally his hand twitched as if he caught hold of something. Very soon the heat had gone away and more than likely wake Noe up. As predicted her eyes fluttered open, who's eyes Shinigami was yet unsure of but he provided them a smile none-the-less. "I see you took my advice, if you hadn't your body would be nothing but a pool of melted bones and boiling blood in some SDF camp in approximately thirty more minutes. So tell me, how badly do you want the orb in Thalassa?"

Noe's eyes shot open, and the first thing she saw was Shinigami standing directly above her, trails of smoke fading from the area directly around her. Looking around, she noticed several healers with singed hands and clothes themselves. She shifted to a sitting position on the edge of the bed and rubbed her eyes, the remains of her sheets gliding off of the bed freely. She could feel where the burns had become permanent, though some were healed by Shinigami's intrusion. The orb was damaging her body more severely each time it was used now, and quite possibly her mind. Speaking over the gentle pulsing of the orb, she spoke without realizing what she was saying.

"I...want it...to wake up..." Multiple voices were overlapping as she spoke, and she was unaware of what she was even saying at the moment, as if she was in a deep trance.

With eyes belonging to one addicted, she stared at Shinigami, and spoke four words without trembling.

"I want it...now."

*Azull*

The SDF 4th Unit took a much needed break but soon after they were given new orders.

Hanja's orders were simple in theory; The plan was to take a boat to Thalassa and then use the diving gear Ruby invented to go underwater and swim the rest of the way. It was safer and faster this way. Samy was to escort them and Lavion provided them the best boat they had, equipped for speed but also equipped with hidden aramanets. It had a Lavion flag. Not only that but General Misae Nerys of Lavion was coming along too. Lucette seemingly talked her into helping them but she it also clear she had some orders from her Lavion superiors. Perhaps they too were interested in the orb or intent on watching Samy to see if Akio would make another appearance.

After arriving they were to retrieve the orb from the Royalty of Thalassa whom had it in their possession. Thalassa's current state of affairs seemed calm however and according to Samy no one had touched the orb just yet. It seen was a symbol of power and status, sacred. No one was foolish enough to try to steal it or use it...Or so she hoped. The only real threats they anticipated were potentially the ALF and definitely OOA forces.

With the gear provided by Ruby it would be easy to swim into and Samy speculated they would be allowed in. Although the people of Thalassa did not care for those from the surface they were not too worried about security or attacks from them in general. They had a policy of no involvement in the war at all. No faction had the necessary tools or forces to take Thalassa is what truly gave them security.

At the Azull Docks, everyone was getting ready and boarding the state of the art Lavion vessel. Samy was one of the first. She admired it at first until she saw the Lavion insignia on it.

"General Nerys. I hope you don't intend to arrest me or my son. I have done no wrong and he is also innocent!" Samy fiercely defended herself and her son.

"Listen here ma'am, I am here because Lucette asked me to come here and my superiors gave me the ok. I don't want to arrest you. I don't trust every politician in Lavion. They made mistakes. They tried to arrest the SDF and eliminate Dr.Alicia. They left us unprepared for the Hymn attack. It as only thanks to our defense system that we survived. Those creatures have been quiet lately but they are my number one concern, not catching your fugitive son. Just don't get testy with me and we'll get along fine." It seemed the two had enough of an understanding as Samy nodded and got on the boat.

Carla and Lowe were next to board the ship. Carla glanced at Misae and spoke to her, "Lavion. I hope this will be a good partnership. The last time we tried working together it did not end so well. I hope you're nothing like a Lavion politician. Blaming the Hymn attacks on Dark Beasts was on a whole new level of foolishness. I am Carla Sivon and this is Lowe with me." Despite how poorly the last mission went Carla's spirits had seemingly recovered now. Usually it was Lowe who handled the talking.

"Nice to meet you, Sivon. I am General Misae Nerys but I assume you know that. I agree with you entirely. They were fools and put our entire nation in danger. It's going to be quite an experience fighting alongside a Dark Beast. Certainly not something I expected to come across."

"Wow..And this boat is something.. Quite a piece of work! Well if you don't mind.. We're going to get on board."

"Go on right ahead. Fortunately or unfortunately I am not the Captain of this fine vessel. Hanja already informed you that Nacim will lead us. I am not taking command of your unit, merely working with you. We are your allies." She said honestly. The two boarded the vessel and seemed to trust Misae for now.

"My my..Magnificent Misae herself! How are you my friend?! I do so wish to see you fight alongside us! It has been too long! I know you are an elegant fighter on land but in the water...You are even greater. But I do hope you won't have to utilize your trump card." She and Lucette exchanged a handshake.

"Lucette! I am doing well all things considered. I would have rather given you a hug but..With this plate armor on....A handshake is more appropriate. I'll have you know your mother is doing fine now and she sends her regards. Those fat-cat assemblymen like Harald are paying the price now. I just would not recommend coming back to Lavion anytime too soon. They still aren't happy about the prison break. Give it time. We'll catch up more on the boat ride Lucette. I want to speak with your Commander before we take off."

Before Nacim was ready to leave, he discovered a note from Raoul himself in his personal quarters.
"Nacim. I believe you may also be responsible for the missing Aura Bomb. Who else has ties with the OOA? Who else would want this bomb than a man who wishes to avenge his people? Who else had member of their unit break off to join the OOA? You may think I hold no power Nacim but you will regret it if you try to remove me. Focus on the ALF and OOA, the Terror Of The Sky should take delight and cheer for their deaths not question our methods for thinning their forces out."

"I do not understand this man's motivations. It is up to Hanja to oust him. I have a war to attend to. I don't care for petty blackmail campaigns." He thought to himself as he flew off to the Azull docks.

"Commander Nacim! Just the man I wanted to speak to. I am Commander Misae Nerys of Lavion. Listen, I'm here to help you anyway I can. But allow me to handle any of the major underwater combat. I will take care of it. It will be an honor to work alongside you and I promise I'll fight my hardest. I apologize on behalf of my country for what they put your unit through! It shames me to think my countrymen would have done such things..But they did..."

"Thank you Misae. An honor indeed. But has Lavion given an exact reason for your help here? We intend to secure the orb....I trust we are not going to feud over this?"

"Commander, I cannot disclose everything but..No..We will not fight over the orb, we just want to insure it will not fall into the wrong hands. Now I hope you're ready because I am sick of waiting here! It's about time we get moving!"

"Hmph. An acceptable answer. I agree! But what of your diving gear? Don't you need some too?"

Laughing Misae responded,"I don't like the way it looks on me-Or so Lucette would say! No, I simply don't need it to breathe or help me swim! Lavion is tight-lipped about our best and brightest usually but...You'll see how I work soon here, Commander."

"Heh. Looking forward to it. Let's get moving before the OOA or ALF gets there first!"

With that Nacim and Misae boarded the vessel and prepared for it to take off. It was essentially ready now with all the SDF unit members aboard.

*Asenka OOA Base*

"Oh by Arlon, what is going on with her? I can't make any sense of it...The orb...wanting her to take the next?? But...Can anyone even survive that?"

A messenger awkwardly walked in to deliver a message to Sienna and Noe. Totally unaware and confused by what Noe was experiencing he handed the letter to Sienna and ran off.

"Report to the Docks when you are ready for the next mission? You may have time to rest.. You and Noe will be joined by some of my forces and my thrall. Do not be alarmed. He will take us to Thalassa faster than any boat our enemies have so there is time. Signed Scylla Meriel of the OOA Naval Unit. So..She didn't want to just deliver this in person? Why? And why is Auntie not involved? I..Don't understand!" She said out loud.

"Oh Noe...Please...I hope she'll be ok soon...M-m-iss Scylla might say this thrall thing is fast but....please be ok! We can't go if she's going to be like this!!" Sienna said out loud once more, praying and still concerned about Noe's condition.

Last edited:
*Asenka OOA Base*

Shini was not surprised but did react a bit to seeing Noe in her trance, "Yes of course but you may have to wait, many want these orbs. The orbs are meant to be united and strive to become one. Seeing as though you have to depart soon. I cannot cure your need for the orb but this is what I can do." One last time Shini used his knowledge of aura on Noe, this time focusing around her head. Once he was finished, Noe would not be cured but it would leave her in a better state, she would be able to fight. Her desire would return once she got close to the next orb.

Before Noe had additional time to rest however, Sheena came into the room. Apparently having been denied a conference with Lucia but was given orders by Arabella. She looked a bit disgruntled but composed herself.

"Sienna.. Noe! We must go now!!! Lady Lucia's orders...." She shouted!

"B-b-b-but Noe...I think she got some sleep but-" "I know Sienna, maybe not enough considering all we've been through but... We have to obey our orders. If she needs to catch up on any sleep, the ride to our destination may be a chance..Just come with me now! Commander Scylla is calling the shots on this one...Because we need to go..underwater...To the underwater city of Thalassa. Get on some diving suits or something because we will not be on land often in this mission..." Sheena sighed as she waited for Noe and Sienna to prepare, they did as such as left with Sheena. Shini's whereabouts weren't clear but there was little stopping him from taking part in this mission if he decided to, the OOA did wish to bring strong forces to secure the orb.

"W-w-what underwater? But how will we breathe? I-i-i-can't swim like this!" "We'll be fine. Trust me...They've got some magic for those of us who cannot breathe underwater.." Sheena stated simply.

They finally made their way to the harbor and they saw exactly what Scylla's thrall was now! They saw a massive reptilian body near the docks. It had blue and green scales and appeared to be the back or tail end of the creature. The top part of it's body and the head were apparently submerged.

There were some boarding platforms set up so people could get on top of the creature. It was tremendous, bigger than a whale by far but it's exact size was hard to determine with it being mostly submerged.

They took notice of the seating areas chained onto parts of the creature's body. This was apparently where they would be sitting. It was not too spacious and there did not seem to be anyway to seal the seating up. However, Sienna's curious eyes noticed an odd empty hole on each side of the mounted seating area. A hole that looked like it needed some sort of gem or power source to it.

"Hello little Noe and Sienna! As for you Sheena. I was not informed you would even be here.."

"Lady Lucia changed her mind..."

"Well just do not try to take charge. Do not question me and we will work together fine. I am Commander Scylla Meriel! It is an honor to meet you all. We will head into Thalassa and procure the orb as fast as possible. I would also like to avoid violence if we can...But if they do not hand it over, we have no choice. I enjoy Thalassa but Lady Lucia's orders are not to be ignored! Do not be afraid. Step onto the back of my thr-no, my friend, Anat."

"T-t-this thing is your friend? Oh my gosh! HOW do you control or talk to it? She's bigger than four boats stacked on each other!!!"

The other OOA grunts arrived, most of them were familiar with the creature but some onlookers were gazing in wonder of Anat. It must have been the last of its kind! Sea-serpents were typically hunted down once they targeted vessels and some were killed for their scales. Their scales made for great armor.

"Please, call Anat a her. I saved her long ago, even before the wars. I knew her since she was born. I tamed her. I can assure you this is safe.. I have not taught her to eat flesh of people....She will obey my commands. Now please get seated and we will go..."

They obeyed Scylla and she inserted two magic charged crystals into the slots, creating an air-tight force field that trapped the air inside it so they could all breathe during the trip and it would protect them against the effects of water pressure as well. Once everyone was ready, Scylla started the trip. She called out to Anat, "ANAT! Let's go! I want you to take us as deep as you can and get us to Thalassa as fast as possible!"

The great serpent's head then rose up out of the water and gave out a loud roar. The head of the serpent was rather dragonic in nature with horns but when it's teeth were far more jagged and it's two front teeth were snake-like fangs. It did not have traditional ears just like most reptiles. The eyes of Anat reflected both intelligence but savage wild instinct as well. How intelligent sea-serpents were was not apparent but Anat was smart enough to understand Scylla's commands.

Much to Sienna's dismay, they began to take a huge dive. Even in the comfort of their seating area, it was a bit much. Sheena was also caught off guard. Neither had been underwater. It was quite an odd feeling it created. It also did not help they were not going slow at all but eventually they got used to it.

Sienna looked around as they began to go deep undersea. She felt a bit sick but admired the sights. She saw schools of fish, coral reefs. The serene blue. The sea was not nearly was lifeless. It was easy for sea-life to repopulate after all. The war was not going on underwater...Yet...

Sienna looked as they passed over a crevice in the ocean, it was far darker and seemed almost endless. She then turned her attention closer to her surroundings and noticed the jellyfish around them. "Wow...That thing is a fish? This is all so strange, Auntie. It's so beautiful and full of wonder..But we can't just explore or come here peacefully with the way things are now..we have to fight for Lady Lucia's utopia first...Then maybe...just maybe we could be free to come here whenever we want..If Anat and Scylla would help us again!"

Sheena didn't respond, she didn't wish to crush Sienna's dreams.

"This is so beautiful! Look at it all...WOW! Auntie Sheena! Noe! look at that! Dolphins! I can't believe they still exist!! They're supposed to be real smart...Awww...If only we could get closer to them.." She pointed to some dolphins. She could not hear them but they still amazed her.

"The sky is more beautiful in my eyes but...The ocean does support quite a variety of life.. Even in times like these..I admit that made me smile, Sienna.. I just wish we could avoid bringing bloodshed here..."

While this was going on, Scylla had her own seating area. She only used the force field so as to keep her on Anat's back. She had no issues breathing underwater. "We should be there soon, Anat. Let me know if you see any boats or signs of the enemy. I do not wish to engage them but the sooner we stop them...The sooner we get the orb...The sooner I can be healed too..."

She stroked a portion of Anat's scales not covered by the seating area. "Don't worry...I won't let anyone hurt you..Not even Lady Lucia. The seas should belong to your kind...Not us...We already destroyed our land but it doesn't mean yours has to suffer the same way...."

Last edited:
Noe followed the rest of the group silently, raising her brows when Scylla introduced her thrall, a massive sea serpent waiting to take them to Thalassa. She'd heard the mention of magic being used on those who couldn't normally breathe underwater, so she climbed aboard the beast, gripping on tightly. As they went under the sea, she was able to see a multitude of sea life that hadn't been killed off by the initial bombing, a wonder in itself.

"What are we going to do down here, then? What are the objectives?" Noe asked plainly, giving death glares to any of the sea life she deemed annoying, such as the sharks and the dolphins, with their nonsensically annoying chattering. She hated dolphins.

Sheena responded with all she knew, Scylla was the commander this time. "Our mission is to get to Thalassa and take the orb from the people of there, with the least amount of bloodshed we can. We should get in easily but the orb will be the challenge. Scylla is to take the orb once we secure it for the Order. If we run into any ALF or SDF, we will confront them accordingly. This orb..All we know about it is it is supposedly not in use and is an orb of regeneration. So I imagine it bestows defensive and healing abilities upon its holder. After we get the orb, we deal with anyone who may try to oppose us and we escape. That is all there is to it. Scylla will inform us of anything else..although I do not imagine she has a way of contacting us during this voyage on the way to our destination.."

"Oh and she'll use magic on us to help us breathe underwater! We may have to fight underwater but...I've never swam before..I think it might be kind of fun when were aren't fighting for our lives. I mean don't you think swimming might be kind of fun? Underwater is like a different world Noe! It's one of the things..I never got to do...I mean...Don't you have dreams or things you wanna do in your life too? This..was one of mine...That and to be strong and beautiful like Auntie one day..." Sienna said in a bittersweet tone as she conversed with Noe. She wished she was visiting the ocean under happier terms. She missed her parents greatly as well and always wished they were there.

Sheena only smiled in response. Lucia's brainwashing on Sienna wasn't that effective it seemed, Sienna still liked Shenna best and looked up to her most. After all no-one in their right mind would see someone who used them as a human shield as someone they would aspire to be like.

Noe noticed what seemed like a raw spot in the midst of the thrall's scales and lightly poked at it.

"Oh and I she'll use magic on us to help us breathe underwater! We may have to fight underwater but...I've never swam before..I think it might be kind of fun when were aren't fighting for our lives. I mean don't you think swimming might be kind of fun? Underwater is like a different world Noe! It's one of the things..I never got to do...I mean...Don't you have dreams or things you wanna do in your life too? This..was one of mine...That and to be strong and beautiful like Auntie one day...

Noe hesitated for a moment before replying to the young wind beast.

"I've never been swimming...Where I'm from, there's no safe water, anyway. It's all freezing. I want to...There's someone I want to find one day, but before that happens..." As she spoke, she continued poking the raw spot until she was jabbing it rather firmly. "Before that, I need to kill myselves..."

Last edited by a moderator:
*Lavion ship*

The SDF were making good progress to their destination. They were almost there. Yet something made Nacim nervous as he felt the eyes of the Lavion crew watching him. Raoul's threats were coming to life. It was clear Raoul was involved with them hence his interest in Akio's capture.

Lucette was sitting near Misae whom was staring out at water, now clad in a wet-suit instead of her typical plate armor. Nacim then approached them.

"You said you're our allies...But can you answer me as to why they are spying on me?"

"I was not informed of anything like that Commander... I can assure you I am honest. If you do not believe me..I'll show my hand. Watch this, one of Lavion's best kept secrets...." Misae managed to surprise Nacmi by diving straight into the water. She rose back up and climbed back onto the boat, revealing to Nacim her demon form!

Misae's demon form was akin to a naga, a humanoid snake! She had white scales, hence her nickname as the White Serpent Of Lavion! She no longer had legs and instead had a tail in their place. Her skin mostly covered in the scales but her face as a whole remained the same. The only key difference being her eyed became far more like a snake's than a human's. She slithered as she moved across the boat and quickly tied up her hair with a braid. "Now you know why I am here. I am an expert at fighting in the water. I can easily breathe and move underwater like this. I may be considered a great fighter on land but underwater I am truly in my element. I intend to help you all. If you don't believe me and think this is a half assed facade I'm acting out...Then strike me down now! Come on! Don't go easy on me just because I'm a woman if you think I intend to betray you all!"

"Oh la la Misae. Commander Nacim, what will you do now? Do not keep a lady waiting...Although Misae is not a typical lady as you can see but she has an elegant type of strength..."

"I can tell you are not deceiving me...I never doubted that. I don't want your life.. If you can get these prying eyes away from me that is what I would want from you." Nacim requested. He hide his surprise to Misae's reveal of her demon form. Yet even Nacim suspected she didn't tell him every trick she had up her sleeve. She was merely doing the only thing she could to assure Nacim's trust. She knew Nacim was ruthless after all.

"I'll..See what I can do then...Allow me to change. I don't want to entirely terrify them. Forgive me if I got a bit overboard, Commander. " Misae dived back into the water and returned to her normal form a she climbed back onto the boat.

"Thank you, Misae. I can see why everyone respects you so much now...Just do all you can. I want to be able to focus on the mission entirely. Not on whatever games politicians are intending to play."

*Underwater*

Anat, the mighty thrall herself let out a piercing wail from the pain Noe caused her. In addition her gigantic tail began to swing violently. It terrified the surrounding creatures nearly colliding with a few unfortunate dolphins whom fled and panicked. Schools of fish began to dive deeper to stay away from Anat. The serpent then began to surface. Scylla could see the shadow of a fishing boat above them. She was going to crash right into it!!!

Scylla had to take matters into her own hands. She began to stroke ,"Anat! Stop this!!! What has gotten into you???!" She then was left with little choice but to leave her station. She swam towards the front of Anat in a bold move and looked into Anat's eyes. "Calm down! Please...We do not want to get caught!!!"

The serpent then began to calm as it stared at Scylla and slowed down. Scylla went back to her place, having no trouble moving in the water. She then went towards the seating area housing Noe, Sienna and Sheena. She held a gem in her hands the force field let her pass through but it did not allow any of the water inside.

"...Which one of you thought it was funny to hit her sore spot? You nearly jeopardized the entire mission!!! Why did Lady Lucia want you people on board? I honestly do not understand it all..You can't breathe underwater..You'll just...." She stopped herself.

Neither Sheena nor Sienna spoke up as they did not witness Noe poking it. Noe did not immediately speak up either. Scylla sighed. "We're better than this. Maybe it was just a mistake. Just do not do it again. And if I need to insure this...." She tore off a piece of her attire near her right shoulder and covered up the sore spot so it would not be trifled with again. She then left, using the gem to leave the force field.

"Ummm...Sorry to hear the water is like that around you...But should we be worried? I didn't do anything...I didn't see Noe do anything...She really wants to keep Anat safe..But we're her comrades."

"....She cares for this thing so much...I can understand she has a motherly bond with it but...It's still just a creature...The way she talks of how the sea belongs to these beings....Is troubling to me...She relates more with monsters than people.. I would not take what she said personally. Let's just stay on her good-side.."

Sienna then tried to resume from where they left off, ignoring or missing the part about Noe wanting to kill someone. "Ummm. One person huh? Someone you care for Noe? Oh..I knew someone like that once...But Lady Lucia says...We need to focus on the war...That love would just drive us mad and we should only love her.. I don't know about that...And Scylla..I wonder why she's working with Lady Lucia..She's so mysterious.. You didn't really try to hurt Anat did you?"

Last edited:
Noe watched as Scylla returned to her post after covering the thrall's injury, rolling her eyes and flipping the middle finger. She returned to glaring at the dolphins, making the strangest noise, presumably to mock their chatter. She turned to Sienna and Sheena with a confused look on her face, nodding when she mentioned the bond between Scylla and the beast. She took a moment to gather herself, feeling more clear-headed than she had in a while.

"I...uh....thank...you..." she muttered, quickly adding in

"But I could've kicked her ass if I needed to, it's not like I needed either of you to say anything."

Several more moments passed, and she muttered,

"...I hate dolphins."

It was muttering, but still audible to the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.