Hybrid

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Sorry for the threats...a lot of people look at us homeless people like we aren't worthy of breathing the same air as them...i have people to feed and protect...even from cute guys," she then bit her lip embarassed, she didnt know why she said that out loud and decided to change the subject, "so you like cops?"

"I already put an order for more food...they should be here any minute," she said moving a piece of her hair from her face--placing it behind her ear.

Tyler smiles widely, a little surprised and genuinely pleased. Either another caretaker told her about the food or she was thoughtful enough to check for herself. Looking at the door, he found that he had nothing else to talk about. Then he remembered his experiments and looked at Sarah thoughtfully. "Hey," he said, "would you like to come and see my lab? I study wolves there." He rubbed the back of his neck, adding hesitantly, "I mean, on your break or whatever."

"Ohmygosh yes! I mean...yeah sure," she said smiling and trying not to giggle.

At the remark that Zachary was potentially a cute guy he raised his eyebrows at first in surprise. He got attention from girls from time to time, but none of them were so out spoken. But her next question was even more shocking. "Why would you think I like cops?" He locked his gaze with hers trying to figure out where she was going with this.

Tyler was amused by the way she was so excited to go with him. He grinned and took her hand, but then he felt the energy throbbing between them, raw and unused. What is this? he thought, could she help me hunt down the hybrids? Without hesitation, he led her out to the backyard, but this time he turned to a smaller building. As he brought her in the building, the light coming from the door illuminated cages on either side of the door, and inside them were wolves who shrunk back from the light. Some of them seemed sickly and submissive, yet the ones he recently caught were still sort-of healthy, and growled savagely at the scientist as he entered with Sarah. Tyler turned to face Sarah and grinned, commenting, "Don't be afraid of them. The wolves here will be kind soon enough." Then he shrugged and added, "Or they'll be too weak to fight with me."

Without waiting for a response, Tyler headed deeper into the building, and motion-sensing lights blinked on as he walked. Sitting down at a computer desk with neat filing cabinets and paper piles, he motioned Sarah to come over to him. "This computer monitors the movements and actions of wolves I've let out into the wild." He points to one of his eyes and states, "I took out their eyes and replaced them with cameras, but they can still see out of them, and I can still get research data." Shrugging, he says, "Sure it might hurt for a while, but that's my job. To, ah, track the developments of the migrations and such of wolves." He picks up a remote and points it at a dark wall, and when he turns it on there are around 30 squares, each tracking the movements of individual wolves. Standing up out of the swivel chair he had sat in, he puts an arm around Sarah's shoulders and points to the T.V. "Sometimes," he says with an interested voice, "They see humans in the wilderness. And they turn into wolves!" Tyler looks into Sarah's eyes and whispers, "I think you can help me find more human-wolves..." He waits to see what she says with a hopeful face, and it crosses his mind that Sarah might be afraid of him.

Sarah backed up, with tears in her eyes "I--I--"
Suddenly the language came back, screaming into her head over and over again. The young woman clenched her head and backed into the wall, knocking some research down on the ground.
Her nose started bleeding as she could hear the cries of help from the wolves, some of them had wives to go to...they had puppies...
Her eyes glowed purple as she was briefly lifted up into the air, the building stated shaking and his computers started electrifying horribly before shutting off--completely destroyed.
All the cage doors swung open, letting the wolves free, they all ran secretly thanking her...
She fell to the ground, coughing and holding in her stomach.

Tyler allowed Sarah to back up, about to try and convince her to help him, but he breathed a short gasp as she let out a cry of pain. She had backed into a wall and knocked down some of his papers, but he didn't notice this because her nose began to bleed heavily. Tyler took a step towards her, but froze in place when she opened her eyes... and they were purple. His own eyes widened a bit as she floated into the air, but he yelped as his electronics began buzzing and sending out jets of electricity, then simply breaking. A flash of red anger crossed his eyes -- that was months of work, gone! -- and a stab of despair pierced his mind as all the wolves he had experimented on, all of the data, gone because of one girl.

He turned on her with clenched fists, ready to start yelling at her for what she'd done, but paused. He took a deep breath, prying his hands open and closed again, and simply looked at her. That much power, he thought tensely, could get me that much closer to the hybrids. He walked over to Sarah and pulled on one of her arms to get her standing again. He pulled her arm over his own shoulders, and held his hand on her waist to keep her steady. Tyler asked gently, "Do you have any idea what just happened, Sarah? Are you going to be sick?"

Sarah rolled her eyes towards Tyler, "T-Tyler...what happened? I blacked out..." She then started coughing badly before passing out.

As Piper was talking to the handsome boy her eyes suddenly glowed purple for a brief moment before she blinked and stared for a moment.
"Shes here...and she's so...so beautiful"
The woman formed tears in her eyes, she couldn't believe it...she needed to speak to the others about her vision.

"I am a thief and thats all okay, i need to get back, are we done here?" The woman said.

Tyler could not feel that thrum of power that Sarah had previously, and he assumed that her energy had been drained. She could hardly stay awake, even if she was scared and confused. When she passed out, her body went limp, and Tyler picked her up in his arms. Her hair hung over his shoulder and his other arm was hooked under her knees. She just needs to sleep a while, he thought, and went out the lab's back door to his car. He gently set her in the front passenger seat and plopped himself in the driver seat. He took a deep breath and appraised Sarah's figure next to him. "This could be considered kidnapping," he muttered to himself, but started up the car anyway and drove to his house. She needs someone to help her figure out her power, he considered, and it's not like she could do much about it right now.

When they got to his house, it was 8:00 p.m. and dark outside, and if anyone were to guess, Tyler was taking his daughter or wife inside while she kept sleeping. Tyler took Sarah inside his house and kicked the door closed behind him. The home was a basic house, 2 bedroom and one bathroom, but he kept stuff he didn't need in the second room. He set Sarah on his couch silently, then he just stood there wondering what to do. All of his work was gone, due to the powers of this girl. Even the trackers in the wolves are broken, he assumed as he perched on one arm of the couch. He'd have to start all over again. But as he looked at Sarah, and recalled her powers, he grinned slightly. Now that I have access to what ruined my work, he planned, I could get even farther than I ever did on my own. Tyler left to get one of the spare blankets from the spare bedroom to throw on top of her.

After waiting in the hideout for some time Krystal was beginning to get anxious and wanted to know what was happening between Piper and the boy outside.
She stayed put for a moment, knowing that's what Piper would have wanted but eventually ended up peaking out just make sure everything was still okay.

Suddenly, Krystal had gotten a vision...it was of Sarah sleeping...then Tyler, fire was behind him as he stared angrily then...there was nothing...

Sarah saw flashes of different hybrids in her head and their locations, then more information, fire, lava, skeletons...and wolf fur--people skinned. The young witch woke up then sat up screaming with blood running down her nose once again.

Looking around she tried not to panic, "w-where am i?" she whispered then stood up from the couch looking around, it looked like a modern house, with some awards and a television. The woman grabbed a award, a blunt object and started walking around, "hello?"

"What was that?" Krystal asked after getting the vision. After accidentally speaking out loud she quickly went back to the hideout.
She wasn't sure who those people even were. What was that vision even supposed to me?

Tyler heard Sarah's scream as she woke from a nightmare, and he sprinted back into the Living Room. She was looking away from him, and he waited for her to see him. He tensed as she grabbed an award, but he pretended to be relaxed as he leaned against a wall with his arms folded across his chest. He commented calmly, "Your nose is bleeding. Do you want me to get you a paper towel?"

"Oh, Tyler...it's you, sorry I thought...what am I doing here?" She asked putting the trophy back where it belongs. The flashes in her head continued just for a brief moment before she jolted away from the gold and looked back at Tyler blushing a little. She didn't understand what was wrong with her, and with a deep breath...hearing what he said she placed two fingers under her nose before pulling them away looking at her fingers...she was indeed bleeding.

As he saw her eyes turn purple, Zachary took a defensive step back. His eyes wide open in both surprise and a realization. Lately, his grandma was going all nuts about all stories of people in wolf forms and a witch and all that crap. He always waved it away as a story for kids...a child he no longer was. But the girl's growl, the fact she was hiding out in the forest and now her eyes turning unnatural colour... Zachary didn't jump to conclusions that easily, but this was too much of a coincidence.

"No, we're not done. Not unless you include me in your...pack or whatever you call yourselves these days," Zachary blurted out, intentionally sneaking in the group indicative for wolves, wondering what her reaction would be.

Tyler nodded and smiled grimly, heading into the kitchen briefly before coming back with a roll of paper towels. He tore one off and handed it to her, and as she wiped her nose he explained, briefly, what happened in his laboratory. "When we came into my lab, and I introduced you to my work... you didn't seem so happy to see what I was doing to the wolves." He sat down on the couch and placed the roll on the ground, continuing, "Then your eyes -- they started glowing purple, and you floated into the air..." He paused and took a sigh, looking at Sarah with the same grim smile. "The, ah, energy coming from you broke my computers. I had tons of data there, and it was ruined. Somehow, the wolves were let free from their cages all at once and ran to the forest near the city." He shrugged and stood up, walking close to her and taking her hand. "I had no idea you were so powerful," he said with a hungry look in his eyes, "and I want you to help me capture and kill the human-wolves I told you about."

"I have no idea what your talking about..." Piper spoke cautiously before a figure came up behind Zackary and hit him hard on the head, knocking him out.
He then woke up, back on the roof where he was smoking before...

Piper ran to the cave while one of the other pack members carried the body away, she had a look of concern on her face as she stared at Krystal, "the witch is speaking to us...I had a vision about her..."

"Thanks," Sarah said, smiling and listened to every detail of Tyler's story, she chuckled thinking he was joking for a moment; "you probably set them free..." she said with a wide, beautiful smile.
She blushed when he took her hand, her heart was once again pounding...she couldn't help it, she was in love with him.
Her smile transformed into a frown when he told her how powerful she was and to help capture some creature she never knew about.

It was true that Sarah could sense these hybrids, she had connections with every one of them...but she didn't realize how powerful she was...but now that the wolves were free, Tyler had no chance of tracking the hybrids...

Sarah yanked her hand away, "Tyler...." she spoke softly, "do you even realize what your saying? There is no...power...I don't have powers Tyler...and these hybrids...they are just a myth...I'm sorry but all your work, tracking these...creatures was for nothing..." she said, trying to be sincere.

tumblr_n342bqfcjZ1rs4m56o1_500.gif

N A M E ; Billie Eldridge
S P E C I E S ; Hunter
A G E ; 22
P E R S O N A ; Reckless, independent, blunt, fiery, loud-mouthed

page-divider---flowers---grey.png

It was in the darkness and cold of her living room where she awoke, only to see that, for the fourth night in a row, she had fallen asleep on the rough carpet of her floor, the texture of the fabric etched into her skin from having spent hours pressed against it. Across the room from where she lay, the television was on with its screen filled with static. She blinked, as if to break up the thick curtain of sleep that blurred her vision, golden eyes automatically flying to where the clock hung on the wall. It's intricate, iron surface read in roman numerals that it was around, if not past, 8:00 PM, which upon seeing, she sat up quickly. Swiftly, she stood up, using the nearby coffee table as leverage. There was little to no time to waste. She had planned to go and meet Tyler--a man who she found to be the exact opposite of herself, as he was rather reluctant to kill, whereas Billie would not have hesitated to do so whatsoever.

There was no particular reason why, or so she told herself. The red-head thought that it must have had something to do with the fact that she was a hunter, and so was he. After all, she thought, there aren't that many hunters that I know.

At around 8:30--at least that's what she thought--Billie stepped out of her apartment building, fully dressed and groomed. She carefully made her way down the steps of the complex, stepping out onto the sidewalk. It was a thirty-two minute walk to Tyler's house, but if she hurried, it'd only be a twenty-eight minute walk. The woman just hoped that she wouldn't be late by her standards. Except that she was.

When Billie did show up, all she did was stand there, admiring the front of the house, before she took her fist and loudly banged on the door.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: 1 person
Krystal ran a hand through her hair and shuffled her feet as she waited for Piper.
She was beginning to get impatient, which made it a good thing when she ran back in saying she got visions of the witch.
"I've got one too," Krystal stated with a small nod.

Status
Not open for further replies.