Howling at the Moon (PinkPixieDust & JaneXJeff)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talon sat up and looked to the woman that approached him. He couldn't stop the big grin that appeared on his face. Standing up, he ran a hand through his hair. "Wow. You look great. Any man dumb enough to stand you up deserves a swift kick to the head."

Stepping forward, Talon cleared his throat and offered his arm to her. He hoped that he didn't seem too old fashioned. His mother had taught him to be a gentleman and he wanted to treat Katrina nicely. The strong pull he felt towards him made him want to give her a good impression of him. "Shall we go get some gelato?"

Kat couldn't help but watch his fingers glide through his hair, wondering if it really was as soft as it looked. A blush made its way onto her cheeks at his compliment, as well as a wide smile as she looked down. "Thank you..." She said softly as she began to play with her own hair.

She was a bit shocked when he held out his arm for her to take, though it was a good surprise. She had absolutely no idea that any gentlemen existed on the face of the earth anymore, but Talon had just proved her wrong. "I like gelato," was all she was able to say as she looked up at him, smiling a bit more as she took his arm gently, allowing him to lead the way.

Talon grinned as she accepted his arm, dazzled by her beautiful smile. He stood up tall and began to walk down the sidewalk with his date. "So how was the rest of your day? Was your friend able to get ready and off to her date on time?" He looked down at her, trying to kickstart a conversation with the lovely lady. He had been thinking about her since she had left the bookstore and he wanted her to enjoy their time out tonight. Sure, it was just getting gelato but he had to start somewhere. Talon was definitely interested in Kat but he didn't want to move too fast and scare her.

After a short walk, they arrived at a small pub called Gunter Hans. Talon held the door open for his date before following her inside. Spotting a table for two, he walked over and let her sit down before he looked up at the menu that was written on the chalk board wall. "This place has drinks imported from all over Europe. It's got snacks and a dozen flavors of gelato. Let me know what you'd like and I'll head up to the bar to order." He showed her the list of gelato flavors and began to look at the drinks they had, trying to figure out which one he wanted.

Kat looked up at Talon with a wide smile as she nodded to answer him. "Yea. Only because she kept rushing me so I had more time left over than I expected," she admitted with a small laugh. She glanced around, her mind going back to the change that she had noticed in him earlier, but she chose not to say anything. It took a minute for her to realize he had walked to a door and was holding it open for her. Looking up, she read the sign before nodding and quickly walking in, following him to a small table.

She listened to him speak, taking in the sights and smells and sounds that she could at the same time. She took her time looking through the different flavors of drinks and gelato before looking up at Talon. "I think I could go for just an apple martini and....strawberry chocolate gelato," she told him with a wide grin spreading across her face.

Hearing Kat's order, Talon nodded and made sure that he had it memorized before standing up. "Sure thing. I'll go put in our order and be right back." With a wink, he walked towards the bar and quickly put in their order. He watched as the bartender whipped up the drinks and a waitress got their gelato scooped into bowls for them. He quickly paid for the treats before taking the tray offered to him. Making sure that he had a good grip on the tray, the man made his way through the crowd to return to his table.

"Here you go, Miss. One apple martini and a large scoop of strawberry chocolate gelato." He put her drink and gelato in front of her and bowed politely, acting as if he was a fancy waiter. Chuckling, he sat down and took his food off the tray. He set the tray aside before lifting up the mug of beer to take a nice sip. He licked his lips and savored the taste before looking down at his triple chocolate gelato. He took a bite and looked over to Kat, wanting to watch her as she tasted her gelato and drink. He hoped that it would all taste well. He wanted everything to go well on this little get-together/date.

Kat couldn't help but giggle softly as she watched him before he walked away to place their order. She couldn't help but take notice of a few men eyeing her while Talon was away, but she tried not to let it bother her. That proved to be much harder than she thought when they wouldn't stop. The reappearance of Talon made her jump just a bit, not realizing that he was back.

She faked a smile before tasting the drink and the gelato. "This is really good," she told him as she occasionally glanced over at the men. Taking a deep breath, she put her spoon down and sat back in her seat. "You see those three guys over there?" She asked him quietly, her voice barely above a whisper. "While you were gone, they kept eyeing me and now they won't stop and it's making me really uncomfortable," she admitted quietly, not wanting to upset him or put any stress on their little date thing.

Talon listened to Katrina as she mentioned guys nearby watching her. His eyebrow rose and he set his mug of beer down. Looking in the direction she had gently motioned, he spotted three guys sitting at a table nearby with their food and drinks. All three of them were watching them, focused mostly on Katrina but meeting his eyes sometimes. Talon knew them. They were from a separate pack that lived nearby. Keeping his eyes on the men, he let his eyes flash gold. He silently let them know that they needed to back off or he would make them regret it. In the view of humans, they could not show off their strength to its fullest. If they wanted to try and do anything, they would have to take it up with him in the forest while using their full strength.

After a harsh glare from Talon, the men looked away and started a quiet conversation at their table. Talon cleared his throat and turned back to Kat with a smile. "I don't think they'll bother you too much anymore. Just ignore them and let's enjoy our time together. So tell me more about your studies at school. What grade are you in? Do you have any plans for after you graduate?" He smiled and took a bite of his gelato, keeping his senses on full alert to make sure that he was aware of everything around him. He kept a close eye and ear on the table with the three werewolves. He had a feeling that they would cause some trouble eventually.

She tilted her head as she watched him stare down the three men. She wasn't exactly sure what happened but whatever it was worked. Seeing him turn back around and ask about her studies, she smiled widely and took another bite of her gelato. "Well I am currently working on a double major in Music Education and Photography with a minor in the medical field. Right now, I'm working on my junior year though I might go on ahead and get my master's degree just so I can stay longer and still see you on a regular basis," she said with a small laugh.

"After I graduate I plan on definitely staying in the city and teaching music education here if possible. If not then I'll go to secondary rather than post-secondary. I'll try to get a few photography jobs around the area taking wedding pictures or senior portraits or things like that. Anything that can get me some kind of income and pay bills," she told him with a smile as she leaned forward a bit, drinking some of her martini as she kept her eyes locked on his.

Talon was happy to see her smile and watched her enjoy her gelato. When she listed off her majors and minor, he was very impressed and took a swig of his beer. Her mention of remaining her to see him more brought a big grin to his face and he wiggled his eyebrows at her. "Oh really? Well, I would love for you to stick around as much as possible so we could spend time together." The tall man took a bite of his gelato and licked his lips, wanting to savor every bit of the delicious treat as he could.

"I must say that you are very impressive, Katrina. With your music education, skills for teaching, and knowledge of medicine, you're quite the surprise. If I ever find someone needing a photographer, I promise to pass your name to them." He watched her sip from her martini, their eyes locked on each other. He smirked and leaned forward to rest his forearms on the table, admiring the beautiful woman before him. He could feel an intense bond building between them but he knew he had to take things slowly. As a werewolf, he had a keen sense on these things and he did not want to scare her away.

Laughing softly, Kat shrugged her shoulders playfully as she took another sip of her drink. "Why thank you," she said before leaning forward a bit, resting her elbows on the table. "Why don't you tell me a bit about yourself? You know so much about me but I know absolutely nothing about you except your first name," she told him with a smile, slowly finishing her gelato.

She sat back in her chair and crossed her long legs, tilting her head to the side in curiousness as she waited patiently for his response. She knew there was something different about him, but she couldn't place her finger on it. Her mind went back to his eyes flashing earlier that night and then the look he had given the three men. She wondered what it was all about, but she didn't want to upset him so she kept her mouth closed about it.

Talon listened as Kat asked about him. He grinned and nodded. He had to think about what to tell her at this point. Many things were fine to be told but he would have to keep himself. "Well, lets see... I'm a huge adventurer. I love to go running or hiking with my friends. We're mostly a bunch of ridiculous guys that love to test our limits. I also love to read. That's part of why I love my job at the shop. I get to see the newest books when they arrive and I almost always buy a copy to read so I can give my best suggestions for people in search of a new book."

He took a sip of his beer and thought about some more random things that he could tell her. "I love spicy foods and sweet foods. I'm a big lover of the big band jazz music, along with a bunch of other styles. I can't play any instruments but I enjoy music in most forms. Um... what else is there? Is there anything specific that you would like to know? I'm kinda blanking at the moment of what to tell you."

Tilting her head a bit, Kat continued to sip at her friend k and eat until her gelato was completely gone. She had to admit, it was amazing. As she listened to him tell her about himself, she found herself completely intrigued except for one thing that kept bugging her. She waited for him to finish talking before sipping her drink.

"Why do your eyes change color?" She asked before she could stop herself. "I thought it might have been the lighting making them gold but then I realized that there was no lightings," she finally continued after taking a deep breath. "I apologize if I'm prying," she whispered softly, her head tilting down as she wrapped her arms around herself.

Talon took another bite of his gelato and licked his lips while he let her think. His eyes widened when she mentioned his eyes changing colors. He quickly schooled his reaction and cleared his throat. "Change color? Well, I'm not 100% sure. I didn't know that they did. Maybe it was my contacts," he said with a small smile. He didn't wear contacts but he knew that he could use contacts and lighting as an excuse to hide the secret behind his genetics. "Sometimes if the lighting is right, it could make my contacts shine. And don't worry. I don't mind answering questions."

He frowned and saw that she was starting to draw into herself. He got up and moved to sit beside her, wrapping an arm around her shoulders. "Hey hey, none of that. I'm not upset at your question. Don't worry. Smile and enjoy the night. Would you like something else or perhaps we could go for a walk? There's a park nearby. I'd love to go on a moonlit walk with such a pretty lady."

Kat listened to his explanation and nodded ever so slightly. She decided it would be best not for her to say anything else though there was something off-putting about his story. If she remembered correctly, the only lighting was the moon and they hadn't changed while they were walking. Something wasn't right, but she didn't want to ruin everything because she was too suspicious. Before she could get up and run, she felt him sit down beside her and wrap an arm around his shoulder.

As he spoke, she nodded once more at the idea of going for a walk. She needed some fresh air more than anything. She didn't even notice the blush that grazed her cheeks as she managed to glance up at him with a small smile. Finally getting up, she waited patiently before walking outside. The moment the breeze hit her, she instantly began shivering a bit at the coolness, though she tried her best to stop as she walked next to him, her eyes staying on the ground.

Talon could see that his excuse for his eyes wasn't completely accepted but she didn't try to push the topic anymore. He would have to find a way to make up for that. He didn't want to lie to her but he knew that if he was honest, she'd run away and never want to come near him again. It wasn't a good first date move to tell a girl that you're a Lycan. It leads to being called a liar or a freak. As they got up, he waved to his friend behind the bar and walked towards the door with her. His eyes narrowed on the guys from earlier as they passed their table. He stood tall and gave them a look that declared his dominance before reaching the door and holding it open for Kat.

Once outside in the brisk air, he saw her shivering and quickly shrugged off his jacket. He wrapped the oversized jacket around her shoulders and then put an arm around her gently. "There you go. Is that alright? I don't want my lovely date to turn into a popsicle." He grinned and rubbed his hand over her shoulder to keep her warm. His higher body temperature would keep him warm enough in the cool breeze. "So, besides your classes and books, what are some of your favorite hobbies?"

She felt something resting on her shoulders after only a few moments and glanced at her shoulders, seeing his jacket on her. Out of habit, she slipped her arms in the sleeves with a small smile. "Much better," she said with a small blush at the mention of the date. "Besides classes and books? Well I love playing piano and guitar. Umm...I like going horseback riding and cooking," she said truthfully as she smiled ever so slightly and looked up at him. Why is he so gorgeous?

"Let's see...what else? I'm not big on drawing; a stick figure is about as far as I can go. But when it comes to cooking, that's just something you're going to have to taste to get the full effect," she said with a small laugh. As they approached the park, Kat picked up speed and smiled as she reached the swings. Sitting down, she kicked her shoes off and began swinging her legs back and forth happily.

Talon hung on every word the beautiful woman said as they walked towards the park. Seeing her under the silver light of the moon only made her glow with such an ethereal beauty that Talon thought he was in the company of a goddess. He broke from his thoughts when he heard her mention trying her cooking for himself. His eyebrow rose in interest.

The man watched her hurry towards the swings and sit down to start swaying. Catching up to her, he took the swing's chains in his hands and pulled her back to lift her off the ground just slightly. Leaning over, he let his breath brush over her ear as he spoke. "So does that mean that you're inviting me over for dinner sometime? If so, I graciously accept. I'd love to taste your food." With that, he gave her a sly smirk before he began to gently push her on the swings. He kept his strength in check, wanting to help her get some height from the swing but not wanting to push her too far or hurt her.

Kat felt him lift her off the ground a bit, a shiver going down her spine as he spoke. She closed her eyes, allowing herself to savor the moment before he pushed her, causing her to laugh a bit. "Let's see... I'm a big fan of breakfast for dinner so I think some fruit infused French toast with some strawberry, blueberry, maybe even banana. Trust me, it's amazing. Maybe some peanut butter chocolate chip muffins. And definitely some monkey bread. Best thing ever created," she said with a small laugh as he pushed her. "It sounds weird, but it's a southern thing."

As she fell silent, couldn't help the strange feeling that they were being watched. Even as she looked around carefully, she never so the pair of blue eyes watching them from the woods. Shrugging her shoulders, she continued to swing her legs happily.

Hearing her describe a breakfast idea, he grinned and licked his lips. "Mmm, all of that sounds delicious. I've never heard of monkey bread but it still sounds delicious. Again, if you want to make breakfast, I will happily eat it." He gave her a big smile while continuing to push her on the swing. He loved seeing the smile on her face and hearing the small laugh that she made as he pushed her to swing higher. As he pushed her on the swing, he felt the familiar sense of being watched. His eyes scanned the treeline and stopped when he saw the silhouette hidden behind some trees.

He recognized the figure but said nothing. He kept an eye on the figure but made sure to make Kat his main focus for the night. She had having a good time and he wanted to make sure that she enjoyed the date so that there would be more in the future. "If you want to swing higher, just let me know. I won't let you fall."

"It is amazing," Kat said with a wide grin as she continued to swing. She could feel him pushing her higher, though it didn't bother her. Anything to get the hair out of her face. When she heard his voice, she smiled as she shook her head. "I think this is good. I feel like if I go any higher that I'll end up slipping out," she said truthfully. It had been so long that she had been on a swing. As if on cue, she could feel herself starting to slip and held on to the chains tightly.

"Okay okay...I'm slipping!" she said as she tried her best to scoot back on the swing but with not such luck. Her grip tightened on the chains as she tried not to fly out the seat before an idea came to her. "Don't stop me," she said with a wide grin as she giggled softly and carefully kicked off her shoes. After only a few more swings, she let go and jumped out of the swing, gaining more height than she expected and landing, her legs buckling under the pressure and causing her to roll a bit, though it didn't bother her and she didn't get hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.