Howling at the Moon (PinkPixieDust & JaneXJeff)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hearing her mention that the height was enough, he made sure to keep her at a steady and consistent height. He didn't want her to fall or get hurt. Talon kept an eye on the figure in the distance but felt no malice at the moment so he let them remain there. Making sure to keep her swinging, he watched her as she sat on the swing to make sure she didn't slip out. He saw her starting to slip and was getting ready to stop her when she told him not to. "Are you sure?" He asked, worried that she might fall and hit her head.

He gave her another push and almost yelled when she jumped out of the swing and flew forward. He watched as she landed on her feet, her weight too far forward. She tumbled down and rolled to soften the impact of her body on the ground. It was only a few seconds later that Talon was by her side, kneeling next to her. His hand moved to rest on her back while he helped her get her back on balance. "Are you alright? Did you get hurt when you landed?" The man did not want their first date to end up with her getting hurt. That was not a great way to start off a relationship with someone.

When she finally stopped, Kat shook her head to clear it just as he knelt beside her. "I'm alright. I'm not hurt, I promise," she said with a small smile as she slowly stood back up, starting to brush the sand from her clothes and hair. "Can you help me get this sand off," she said with a small laugh, looking up at him as she kept shaking her hair out to get the sand out.

"There you are Talon. I've been looking for you. The others said you were going out but I didn't realize you had a date tonight," a man said as he slowly approached the pair. "Nice to meet you, dear. I'm Malachi. A friend of Talon's" the man said rather politely but with a certain amount of dominance and power. It was almost terrifying.

Kat looked down at Malachi's hand, but made no move to shake it. Instead, she moved a bit closer to Talon as she lord up at Malachi, showing no signs of going anywhere. She watched as she pulled hand hand back, seemingly glaring at her before turning his attention to Talon. "Why didn't you tell me where you were going?" He asked a bit angrily. Kat had no idea she had just met the Alpha of his pack.

Talon helped her brush off some of the sand that had gotten on her from her tumble. Standing up tall, he ran his fingers through her hair to brush away the sand in her hair. He was about to say something when he heard a voice behind him that he recognized. The man stood up taller and turned to face his Alpha. While he trusted his Alpha to lead the pack and keep them safe, he didn't particularly agree with his leadership sometimes. Malachi liked to keep everyone in his control. "Malachi," he said with a simple nod. When Kat refused to shake the man's hand, he kept himself from chuckling too much and looked back to his Alpha.

The man instinctively stepped in front of Kat when she moved closer and he saw Malachi glaring at her. He refused to let even his Alpha harm Kat for any reason. Hearing the man's question, he stayed still and met his Alpha's gaze. "I didn't know that I had to keep you updated on going out for a drink. Besides, you were on the phone when I left. Is there something you need to talk to me about?" He knew that this would be a little suspicious to Kat but he could easily use the excuse that Malachi was an overbearing roommate/landlord.

Kat instinctively moved her hand and gently grabbed his wrist as she peeked out from behind him as Malachi began to speak again. "Need? Oh no. I just wanted to know where you were. Thought you might have been trying to get away. I do have to keep an eye on everyone, you should know that," he said with a smile that didn't quite sit well with Kat. If anything, it unnerved her.

Before she knew it, the stranger's eyes were on her with that same kind of smile. "If I were you, sweetheart, I'd be careful around him. He is a very, very dangerous man. In all honesty, you'd better stay away from him. Or else," he said, his voice going cold on the last two words. "See you at home, Talon," he said before turning and heading back the way he came.

Kat couldn't take her eyes off him, until he walked away. Pulling on Talon's wrist, she tried to go in the opposite direction. "Come on, let's get out of here. He creeps me out," she said as she slipped her shoes back on and pulled more on him. As much as he scared her, she would be damned if she let someone she didn't know tell her what to do.

Talon narrowed his eyes at his Alpha as the man spoke, telling him that he was concerned that he was trying to leave. He saw the way that Malachi was looking to Kat and then he dared to warn her about him being a dangerous man. Hearing Malachi say that Kat should avoid Talon, the man almost wanted to punch him. His eyes flashed and he held himself back from growling at the man, knowing that if he instigated anything, it would only result in Kat watching them both shift and beat the crap out of each other. Once Malachi walked away, he turned back to Kat and let her pull him back towards the spot where she had put her shoes.

Once her shoes were one, he walked away from the park with her and back towards downtown. "I am so sorry that happened. Malachi is my friend and landlord but lately he's been a ridiculous, overbearing beast. I won't let anything happen to you. He's full of hot air and I won't let him do anything to you. I will understand if you want to keep your distance." He hoped that she wouldn't push him away but he understood if she would want to. It was tough to have any kind of life outside of the pack but he was willing to give it a shot with Kat. He felt a strong pull towards her and wanted to know what could come of this.

As Kat walked alongside Talon, she gripped his hand tightly for fear that he would turn back and try to do something. She listened to him speak, assuring her that he wouldn't let anything happen to her. Then he said that he would understand if she wanted to stay away. Suddenly stopping in her tracks, she looked up at him with a frown. "I'm not letting someone I don't know tell me what to do. I'm not going anywhere. I like you...a lot, and I'm not letting. Some overprotective landlord tell me to stay away," she said with a genuine smile.

After a few moments, she leaned up and pulled him into a hug, enjoying the closeness of him. "How about we go back to my place and I can cook you some real food. I've got Netflix," she said with a small smile as she laughed ever so slightly. She wasn't meaning anything by it. Just two people on a date getting out of the cold to eat and watch movies.

The tall man stopped when she turned to face him, a determined look on her face. He listened as she told him that she would not be running off just because Malachi told her to steer clear. His heart swelled when he heard that she liked him. Talon stepped closer and wrapped his arms around her, hugging her and letting her curl up to his chest. He chuckled at her offer and gently nodded before kissing her temple. "I think that sounds like a great idea, darling. With you talking about food earlier, I would love to see what you can make. Lead the way, my lady."

He glanced back towards the direction Malachi had gone and hoped the Alpha would leave this issue alone for now. They would talk when he returned home. Just because Malachi was the Alpha of the pack did not mean that he could make every decision in their lives for them. If he tried to control every aspect of Talon's life, he would not stand for it. Talon would have no problem going rogue if Malachi tried to control his life. As they walked through town, he wrapped his arm around Kat's shoulders and hugged her close to keep her warm from the breeze. He couldn't wait to see her house and taste her cooking while they relaxed together.

Kat smiled softly and led him back towards her house. The night was still young so her roommate wouldn't be there. Heading up the steps, she unlocked the door and turned on the lights, immediately being greeted by a Siberian husky. "Hey Mya," she said with a smile as she kissed her head. "You don't mind dogs do you?" She asked nervously as she looked back at Talon.

Walking into the apartment, she turned and headed to the bottom of the steps. "I'm gonna go change and get this makeup off," she said before hurrying upstairs. When she returned, she had on a significant less amount of makeup on, a Fall Out Boy tshirt, American shorts, and a pair of vans. "Much better," she said as she called Mya into the kitchen, putting down a bowl for her to eat from. "So what are you in the mood for?"

As they walked into her apartment, he saw the husky and smiled. "I don't mind at all. I love dogs." He reached down to pet the dog and saw the husky looking at him to figure out how she felt about her. They met eyes and he made sure to show that he meant no harm but he was the dominant dog in the room. Mya seemed to approve and rubbed against his legs. He walked further into the apartment and looked around while she went to change.

When Kat returned, he smiled and walked over to the kitchen to stand with her. "Well, if you want to make some of that breakfast you were boasting about earlier, I wouldn't be opposed." He grinned and reached out to brush some of her hair away from her face, admiring her beauty while they enjoyed the privacy of her apartment.

Kat smiled softly as she looked up at him, blushing lightly when he brushed a strand of hair out of her face. "You're staring again," she managed to say softly. She noticed him staring at her all night, but the other times, she had a mind not to say anything because frankly, she liked the attention. Her blush became darker as she looked around for a brief moment. "I know exactly what I'm making," she said nervously as she began frantically looking around to keep herself busy and to hide her blush.

After she gathered up everything she needed. She pulled her hair back into a messy bun before beginning to make some monkey bread. "You're going to taste this and you're going to love it," she said with a small laugh as she glanced up at him a bit nervously.

Talon's smile curled up when she pointed out his staring. "I can't help it. Your beauty has me entranced." He knew that he sounded like someone from a cheesy romance movie but as he stood and watched her, he found himself truly enthralled by her beauty. Her eyes were so beautiful and the glow that she had when he smiled made him think that everything was perfect for just that gleaming moment.

As she pulled her hair up and began to work, he stepped away and let her get into her groove. He moved to sit on the couch in the living room, making sure that he still had a view of Kat from his spot. Mya jumped up and curled up to him, his hand moving to pet her gently. "I'm sure I will. What is it that you're making?"

When Talon complimented her beauty, Kat couldn't help but blush furiously and look down. "Oh...thank you," she managed to whisper softly as she began mixing up the ingredients. "Exactly what I said. How am I supposed to know if you don't like it if I don't make it for you to try?" She asked as she laughed ever so slightly.

Looking up at him, she tilted her head a bit at the sight of Mya next to him, curled up and enjoying his hand petting her. "Huh. She must really like you. She doesn't normally take well to strangers. Especially that quickly," she said with a smile as she slid the pan into the oven and walked over, sitting on the other side of her. "We have half an hour. Whatcha wanna do?"

Talon relaxed on the couch and looked up when Kat mentioned Mya not normally liking new people. He looked down at the dog and smiled before scratching the canine behind the ear. He knew why they got along but he couldn't say anything other than his normal excuse. "I seem to be the kind that most dogs like. I usually had pretty good luck with them. Not sure why but I don't mind. I love dogs." As Kat moved to sit with them, he wrapped his free arm around her shoulders and let her lean against him. "Half an hour? Well, we could watch something on tv or start a movie... or we could just sit an chat. I know some pretty funny shows if you like comedy."

He was delighted to have time to spend with her but in the back of his mind, he was worried that she might ask some questions that he had no answers to. There were things about himself that he couldn't explain. Normal people wouldn't understand the answers and thus be terrified of him or think he was insane.

Taking a deep breath, Kat took the remote and sat it on the end table next to her. "I want to sit and talk. I want to get to know you. The real you," she said softly as she looked at him. "I don't buy that overprotective landlord stuff. There's something you're not telling me and I want to know what," she added nervously as she looked away, not wanting him to get angry at her for wanting to know the truth. "Look, I've known you for like six hours, but I know that I really like you. I-I've been so closed off because I've been hurt so many times, but I want to try opening up a bit more now and then you showed up in my life and I want to open up to you to actually let someone in for the first time in so long, but I can't do that if you don't tell me the truth that you would swear your life on. I've been lied to and cheated and used so many times and I don't think I can take it anymore," she rambled as she looked at him, not realizing there were tears streaming down her face until her vision blurred.

She knew it was a lot to ask, but she knew she wanted the absolute truth. If he wanted to lie to her, he knew where the door was. As much as the thought hurt, she knew that it was how things had to be. Either he was completely honest with her or she would go about her life as if they had never met.

Status
Not open for further replies.