How To Train Your Dragon

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
[fieldbox= Dylan Dean Dixon ♣ Pheonix, #001b85, solid]
commission_6_by_zamius-d6xnugv.png

Click here to reference Dylan.

Finally, it seemed as though Fianna was taking a hint and backing off a little. Dylan knew the sweet viking probably meant well, but she was still being far too friendly. They didn't know who this girl and her dragon were, and so they shouldn't trust her until thy were 100% sure they could. Still... Aeva didn't seem like a real threat. Her dragon, however, was another story.

Plus, Aeva did have a good point. If Alution was trained for evil purposes, he would have struck by now. Unless he's trained to standby until given the order, Dylan thought, raising an eyebrow at the idea. Suddenly, Alution nodded directly at the boulders Dylan and Pheonix were hiding behind. With wide eyes the viking ducked down lower, as did his dragon.

"I think we've been spotted, Pheo," Dylan told her, taking off his gloves and running his hands through his hair. Slowly, he peered over the rock again, licking his lips. He watched as Fianna and Grell took off. "Well, we'll have to wait until their out of range before we take off too," Dylan whispered, gaze shifting back to Alution and Aeva.
Cirrus_zps67f70bb7.png

I wonder if they'll take her back to the village, Dylan thought, tilting his head to the side. That's probably what the Chief would want... but I doubt they'll be able to take them back as prisoners.

@DANAsaur @AshenAngel

[/fieldbox]​

It became clear to Ake this wasn't going to end well. Mag circled further until they were behind Aeva and Alution. From there the two swept in. Mag dived onto alutions back and pinned his wings to the ground with her feet. At the same time she opened her jaw and pinned his head to the dirt, threatening to cause harm with her teeth. When Mag landed Ake jumped off her back and tackled Aeva. He got her in a chokehold with his right arm, and his left pinned her left arm.

Ake couldn't help but smile. He didn't think that would work. It was likely he could've been stabbed midair. His breathing was heavy from excitement. "Don't struggle. I'm not trying to hurt you. Yet."

Brendan sighed. While he was putting up a brave front to appear tough he was actually starting to like the mysterious duo. They didn't seem dangerous, and they had had plenty of opportunities to attack beforehand. Brendan took to the air on Lexa who started to grumble with all the extra activity. "Careful Ake!" he yelled, though he was happy the situation was diffused.

Alution let out an enraged growl as he was suddenly knocked down and pinned. The dragon thrashed a bit, seeing the stranger attacking Aeva, though he was unable to get out from beneath the heavy dragon on top of him. The wound on his leg was starting to bleed again.

Aeva was knocked down to one knee when the new rider on the scene tackled her. She didn't struggle, seeing that her dragon was down. A few strands of her red hair fell from her her braid into her face. She refused to say a word, holding perfectly still in the hold of Ake. Her sharp blue gaze was filled with hatred as she glared at Brendan.

Last edited:
Ragnar sighed, "Ok, ENOUGH!" he yelled and spun his daggers round, snapping them to his side where they rested in scabbards. "Storm, Discharge, total paralysis." He ordered, resting a hand on his Skrill's side as so to share his immunity to the lightning, The storm overhead dropped a lightning bolt on the dragon. Who spread his wings and slammed them down, flooding the air with static energy. It was no where near enough to do any physical harm but everyone, with the exclusion of Ragnar who was holding on to the dragon was pralized with what could be called the worst case of pins and needles in their lives. "Bunch of idiots the lot of you. You've got less brains than bucket. " He shook his head and walked over to Ake and put his foot on the other boys side and shoved him off Aeva, though not before removing her weapon and examining it carefully. "Nice dagger, though its no where as good as Gronkle Iron." He said and showed her his own dagger before setting her upright, Although she was still paralyzed. "Storm, Get the clanker off her dragon." He said as the Skrill hauled the Paralyzed Mag from Alution's back.

"Right, now we're all nice and calm, and everyone can finish trying to kill each other, and we can actually use what little brains we have before someone does something even more stupid." He looked at Ake pointedly and sighed. "I'm not going to unparalyze you yet. I reckon you've got a good half hour before you unfreeze and even then you won't be able to move very fast without falling face first." he said and looked at them all carefully. "Now Listen carefully, I'm going to Unfreeze Finna, she can look after your dragons leg. Then I will unfreeze you. If you so much as think as making a dash for your dagger you'll make two steps before you end up worse than paralysed." He said, his voice was calm and relaxed, even though he was meting out death threats. admittedly he had just paralyzed everyone, even his fellow dragon riders. He looked to storm before clicking his tongue and gesturing to Fianna the Skrill walked over to her and shot out his tongue sticking it right on her forehead, all at once every muscle in her body relaxed before control returned to her. He then repeated the sound and gesture towards Aeva and Storm Repeated the process.

((If anyone's curious about what just happened, Lightning is DC, meaning if it hits you everything seizes up, all I did was apply that in a less lethal form over a wider area. think a super powerful static shock, hence the pins and needles. SCIENCE! PS, sorry for the semi-god mod. it was the fastest way to catch my char up to speed and the sort of thing Ragnar would do.))

Fianna and Grell was about to head to the village when Ragnar used his paralysis to the group, including her. She was quite baffled that the boy used it on her, for everyone knew she hated being paralyzed or rather, constrained. Her parents used to cage her inside their home, forbidding her to associate with others for the danger it causes and especially with dragons lurking around. Good thing she met Grell on a wild expedition to the woods or she'll still be a caged bird.

"Gross!~" Fianna whined right after the Skrill's tongue hit her forehead, the saliva still sticking to her skin. "Storm, less saliva next time, okay?" she said to the dragon with a faint smile, patting it a little before heading towards Alution.

She was slightly scared of the foreign dragon for what happened earlier. Fianna didn't want to force herself on the dragon and stress it even more but its injured leg looks serious. Looking towards Aeva, she politely asked "is it okay if I heal him?"

Last edited:
Aeva felt every muscle in her body go tense with the electricity in the air. Unable to move, she was fearful of what Ragnar would do as he approached. She felt the tender wound on her side pop open as he moved her and took her dagger.

She let out a soft, pained sigh when she was finally freed from the paralysis. She slowly got to her feet, immediately wiping the dragon spit from her forehead. She nodded a yes to Fianna's question, while her hand went to her side. "I think one of your friends is back behind that boulder." She spoke softly, gesturing over to the boulders.

With that she turned her back to Ragnar and walked over to Alution. A growl was rumbling deep in his throat. His gaze was sharp and untrusting as he looked at the approaching Fianna. However, the closeness of Aeva softened the growl to a low rumble.

Aeva gently ran her hand along the pointed scales of her dragon's lower jaw. "Hey... She just wants to help you..." Her words were soft and gentle. Slowly, Alution's growling quieted.

Last edited:
Ragnar nodded and smiled "Probably, He can sit tight untill we're done." He said and started to go through the pouches and small clip pockets on Storm's saddle. "So, two questions, one's big, one's not so big. The first, is are you hungry?" He asked pulling a loaf of bread out of one of the pouches. "The other, is why are you here?" He asked, waving the bread at her as if it was a sword. "I apologize for the paralysis along with the whoha but we've had issues with other islands, and vikings, ranging from trying to steal our dragons, through to wanting to kill them." He explained and patted Storm's neck. "and honestly I don't think any sod is smart enough to realise that its a bad idea, especially when we've got the full range of them"

He set the bread on the stones and went back to raiding the pouches. "bloody...where the hell...." He grumbled and pulled out a small cylinder of metal. his constant pushing of flight ment that he would often be forced to create devices that he could use to measure things like hight, speed and other such numerics, though a lot of the time his work was always haphazard and never very precise, however it did yeild a few good things, for instance a wound spiral of metal drawn thin that could be wound up and slowly released to measure increments of time. He had no idea what to call it but it was useful, it slowly drove a small needle round a circle, he found that he could wind it up when he woke up and it would wind down over the day and let him see how long till sun down. "Guys, we've been out here for a good while. so we should get back as soon as we can. and I'd rather not have our guest face a full inquisition from the chief."

Even if Fianna felt Grell growing even more agitated with each step she took towards Alution, she kept her composure calm and her aura bright. She didn't want to make her dragon mad but she needed to heal the wounded dragon. "I'll be fine, Grell" she reassured before taking a deep breath, now face to face with Alution.

"Hey there..." she greeted with a smile, her voice soft and calm. She didn't want to scare him anymore and wanted to get this done. She still needed to cook for dinner and she's certain that her father is worried sick of whereabouts. "Look, I know how you feel and I understand. I'll be quick, I promise." Fianna then looked at his wound, rummaging through her bag for some healing paste. It was a paste made out of crushed herbs that she specially concocted for wounds. She rarely uses it for it nearly cost her life just to gather the ingredients but she's willing to use it today.

"This will sting at the beginning but the mint would eventually soothe you" she said and lathered the paste on the wound "You okay? I'm sorry if it stings. Please bear with me" she reassured in a soothing voice, hoping to calm the dragon down. After that, she took some of the berries from earlier and laid it in her hands, offering it to the dragon. "Here." she offered, hoping that Alution will now treat her as a friend rather than an enemy or a stranger.

"Agh!" Ake said as he was paralyzed. He didn't know exactly what happened but he did know that Ragnar did it. When Ake was unfrozen he was going punch Ragnar SO hard. He couldn't talk but the look in his eyes said it all. "What the hell is he thinking? Why does he think he can trust her." He waited impatiently for the effects to wear off.

As Alution was still paralyzed, he didn't have much of a choice when it came to the viking tending to his wound. He let out a soft sigh. Aeva saw the wariness in his eyes and let out a small sigh of her own. The redhead was caught with a very brief moment of amazement at the fact that there were other riders out there, though the sheer number of threats they presented was enough to keep her mildly distracted from the feeling.

Ragnar's questioning snapped her out of her thoughts and she stood up from her crouched position. "We're both hungry, but that's beside the point." She frowned softly as she tried to think of the best way to explain why she was here. "And I'm here because I need help. I'm from Valkri island, and way back when, Berk helped us a bit with our dragon problem, then stopped communicating with us. I found an old trade map a while ago with Berk on it." She paused, gathering her thoughts. "A while ago, I found Alution, fixed him up, and trained him. When the chief found out about him, though... He had us locked up and demanded that I train the dragons we had captured for war. I didn't like the idea, so we escaped... And got a bit roughed up on the way out."

"No one on Valkri island really knew what happened with Berk, but I had a feeling that you guys solved the dragon problem. I wanted to see if you guys had done it peacefully or not..." Aeva spoke simply, her gaze never leaving Ragnar. "And obviously you did it the peaceful way. So now I'm here asking for help."

Her gaze flicked back to her dragon when she felt an annoyed glare burning into her back. She saw Fianna trying to get Alution to eat some berries, apparently unaware that he was still paralyzed. "Now, if you'd kindly un-paralyze my dragon before he starts to hate me, it would be appreciated." Her voice took a crisper note as she reflected some of her dragon's annoyance. She was unaware of a small amount of blood beginning to stain the side of her green dress.

Ragnar shook his head. "Here." He said going back in to his pack, the same pouch he'd pulled the sandwidge from earlier, and handing her a roll of bread that smelt like honey. "I was saving that to." He mumbled, earning himself another wing to the head from his dragon. "Ok! Ok! jeez for the most grumpy dragon on the island you sure have kind heart." He said and stood back up and smiled warmly at her. "well you found help. no doubt about that. so Valkari knows you can train dragons." He said and rubbed his head. he paused for a moment, bouncing up and sitting on Storm's back before tossing her dagger in to the sand beside her. "Allright. I'll unparalize.....Alution did you call him? Oh. right names! I'm Ragnar, This is Storm Rider, or storm for short, he's grumpy as all hell, but has a warm heart. just don't go scaring him unless you like looking like a puffball for a day. as for what's going to happen now." He glanced round at everyone and did a quick count.

"Ok you mooks, this time stick to formation. Finna you take point. You are flying right behind her." He gestured to Ava. "I will be on your left, wingtip to wingtip. Ake, your below her 5 meter maximum, Brendan you can fly behind her, keep your snout no more than 3 meters off her tail. And for the love of god Dylan we're not going to ask you out, we're not crazy, so you can stop hiding. You can fly above her." He said and then clicked at storm again with his tongue, a different sequence this time, and the dragon went round to unparalyze everyone with Ragnar on his back. Anyone with a brain would realise what he'd just described was a flying cage. It was clear that while he trusted her enough to unparalize her dragon he wasn't going to just let her fly off. "We're heading back to the village, The chief will want to hear about this as well as the fact valkari are intent on using dragons for war." He said lazily as he took off, circling a few times before hovering in position. "and so help me if anyone tries to do anything stupid..."

[fieldbox= Dylan Dean Dixon ♣ Pheonix, #001b85, solid]
commission_6_by_zamius-d6xnugv.png

Click here to reference Dylan.

Ragnar: "Storm, Discharge, total paralysis."

With wide eyes Dylan jumped up to his feet, reaching for Pheonix. "Oh Shi-" Was all he managed to say before Storm preformed his magic trick, paralyzing both him and his dragon. Great. Dylan mentally rolled his eyes, since he could not do so physically, and tried to ignore Pheo as she started to whine.

Between his beloved dragons' crying, Dylan could only hear bits and pieces of what was going on with the rest of his riders and the new-comer. The basic gist, or at least what he got, was that Ragnar was taking charge. Surprise, Surprise, Dylan thought. He also managed to catch Aeva rat him and Pheo out. Snitch.

He watched as Fianna was unfrozen to tend to the foreign dragon. He could see the anger in Ake's eyes, which Dylan understood to the full extent. He didn't like his own self control being taken away either, especially since he was just a by-stander. It wasn't like I tried to instantly approach the new dragon, Dylan thought bitterly, And Pheo wasn't the one to land on top of it. Ridiculous.

Before he could begin to cramp up, Ragnar ordered Storm to unfreeze everyone. His muscles relaxed, a chuckle escaping him as Pheonix jumped around a few times, happy to be able to move around again. He heard Ragnar call out to him, and Dylan took full advantage of his ability to roll his eyes. "Come on, Pheo," He said, walking down the hill and towards the group. "We've been spotted, might as well own up the eavesdropping."

While Pheonix was obviously protective of her rider, she was also very cautious. If the two had learned anything from watching the encounter, it was that Alution was really no threat unless Aeva was put into a position where he couldn't easily get to her. For that reason, Pheo walked directly behind Dylan, calmly, though her eyes never left the Sand Wraith.

As Dylan approached the group, he took a real good look at the stranger. She was much more attractive up close, he realized, but she also looked tougher. She's probably been through a lot these last few days, Dylan thought, blue eyes flickered to each of his fellow Riders. Hell, she's been through a look in the past few minutes. He returned his gaze to her, nodding his head in her direction. Though, he made sure to stay a safe distance away, as to not upset her dragon again.

"I'm Dylan," He introduced himself to Aeva, jabbing his thumb over his shoulder. "This is Pheonix. Don't worry about her, she only kills boars, fish and sheep." His statement was meant as a joke, but his tone had came out more serious than he intended, so he offered her a smile. The teenage boy then whipped around to face Ragnar. "Sorry about following you," He said, though he didn't sound remotely sorry. "I was just curious, that's all."
Cirrus_zps67f70bb7.png

Since Ragnar had been kind enough to give Dylan a formation, which was to fly above head, he turned around and climbed into Pheonix. Truthfully, Dylan was surprised that he was given a position in the flying formation back to Berk. He knew it was probably because they just needed the extra help, but Dylan still liked being involved.

Dylan ran his gloved hand over Pheo's scales as he watched the rest of the Berk Riders get ready for take off. His gaze kept flickering back to Aeva and Alution, no matter how hard he fought the urge to look at them. As Pheo rose into the air Dylan thought, Wonder what the chief will do about them...

@EddiEddi @DANAsaur @Cheeki Breeki @AshenAngel
[/fieldbox]​

Last edited:
"It's Fianna, not Finna" she corrected, glaring slightly towards Ragnar. It's unusual for her to be mad and act so.. out of character. There's just something about Ragnar that immediately makes her want to blow a fuse, as if he's born to make her act totally different. Taking a deep sigh and trying to control herself, she forced a smile and replied to his orders "You got it."

Grell frowned towards Fianna who looked a little mad at Ragnar. He hated seeing his partner frown or mad, he thinks it didn't suit her sweet innocent face. He then blew a gust soft wind towards Fianna, trying to comfort her or ease whatever she's feeling.

"I'm fine, Grell" Fianna stated in a soft voice, riding him and giving him a pat. "I just don't like to be given orders. You know that I hate to be controlled." She always has this hatred towards Ragnar that she keeps inside herself. She hated how he acts so bossy and controlling, like he owns them or something. With a heavy sigh, she motioned Grell to fly and followed Ragnar's orders, even if she didn't want to.

While she did get her dagger back along with some bread, Aeva frowned with Ragnar's orders. Alution growled softly with the idea of having so many dragons flying far too close to him. Seeing as her dragon was not on board with this, there was a stubborn set to the red-headed viking's jaw. "I need to get my bag." She spoke simply as her sharp blue gaze rested on Ragnar. A bit of her natural attitude began to show in her posture as she rested a hand on her hip. "Can I go get it or would you classify it as stupid and zap us again?" Her words came out a bit sharply, but she made no move to soften them. Unaware of it herself, resting her hand on her hip revealed the small yet growing blood stain on her green dress.

Her gaze flashed warily to the other viking who appeared on the scene with his dragon. Seeing as Dylan and Pheonix were giving them some space, she allowed the faintest of smiles to appear on her face towards them both. It disappeared very quickly as her gaze returned to Ragnar.

[fieldbox=Avery Syn, teal, solid]
3v4Yqpvh.jpg

Avery was interested little in the action going on. She stayed in the air, standing atop her Dragon's mighty head. Genesis seemed timid, and for good reason. The girl was a stranger here on this isle, and due to the beating of her wings, and the constant rush of air, she could hardly hear what was going on. Her hair came loose from its tie, and her silver hair started to whip around her form.

Avery narrowed her eyes, seeing Ragnar start pointing and shouting orders. Even if she could hear him, she probably wouldnt follow them. She was never one for being obediant, especially not to Ragnar. Genesis and Avery alike were both the rebellious figures. Pheonix and Dylan caught her eye, the smaller Stormcutter looking just as wary as her Rider. Avery soon became bored and landed, allowing Genesis a chance to relax from the constant battle of the wind. Her knee high boots hit the gravel and crunched, her hair bouncing at the backs of her knees. Her sword hit her thigh as she touched the ground.

Genesis seemed to tense, and Avery patted her neck. Avery and Genesis both seemed to have a connection that rode deeper than the normal Rider X Dragon, and she cherished that bond more than she cherished her own family ties. She leaned against her dragon, crossing her arms over her chest as she watched the scene unfold. Apparently, Storm had zapped all of them alike, and she could only laugh at the stupid thought. What a great way to get a stranger on their side, paralyze and make them bend to your will. Wasnt the smarest idea Avery had ever heard. The newcomer looked slightly irritated with that happening, but Avery knew herself would have been especially peeved if that had happened to her and her own dragon. She was in the air, and out of reach of the Skrill's power range, or else her and the other Rider would have some serious problems.

[/fieldbox]

Reactions: Brea
Ragnar sighed when Dylan flew off. "Or we can all just sod off and do our own thing." He said and shrugged. "It appears either we ignore you entirely or we try and kill you acording to the others." Ragnar said with a exasperated tone of voice. He looked at Ave when she snapped at him. "Oh sorry I didn't just land on your island unannounced on a dragon, with little to say other than my island is trying to weaponise dragons." he said and rubbed his temples. "Your bleeding by the way." he said and tapped Storm on the side, turning the dragon slowly. "seeing as no one wants to go with my suggestion. Anyone else got any ideas?" he asked now slowly pin-wheeling through the air as he practised low flying as well as zero point take offs and landings.

[fieldbox=Avery Syn, teal, solid]

3v4Yqpvh.jpg

Avery shook her head at Rangar. She already had no intention of following him. The only person she slightly obeyed orders too was their Chief, and even then, hardly followed them. Avery hadn't been around to hear the strange girl's name, and at this point, she hardly cared. Genesis was getting uncomfortable being around so many people on a strange part of the island, and Avery too was growing rather bored. The entire situation was more tedious, and to think she thought it might be worth coming down here.

She saw Dylan take off, and she rolled her shoulders. He had the only other Stormcutter she had ever seen, and had always been interested in Pheonix. She had been a runt, and was much smaller than Genesis. If anything, Pheonix looked like a younger sibling or daughter to the larger dragon. It made her laugh inside her head, and she hoisted herself up onto her dragon. Genesis shifted her weight to accomodate Avery, and she dug her heels lightly into the mighty beast's side.

Genesis raised both her pairs of wings and allowed the strong wind currents to lift her into the air. Avery clung onto the saddle, allowing the air to tug on her strands of silver hair. She flew off torward the main part of town before the others, disrupting the grains of sand and dirt on the overhang. She shook her head and passed Dylan, looking at him over her shoulder before lowering the top half of her body closer to Genesis's nape to avoid getting hit with the sea spray.[/fieldbox]

Reactions: Brea
Status
Not open for further replies.