How To Train Your Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ragnar spotted the girl sprinting and tapped Storms side. "Three point, slow." he said as the dragon folded one wing, they went through a very slow three point roll around to land almost infront of the girl, Though the Skrill was bristling with energy, arks of it lightning striking the ground round him. Ragnar jumped off the dragon and smiled. "So, your the rouge flyer." he said, leaning against Storm's side. "don't put the tooth pick away, it'll only rile up Storm." He said and patted the dragons side. "I'm Ragnar by the way, what brings you to our Island?" he asked. He seemed utterly uncaring about the fact he'd just touched down infront of her riding one of the most feared dragons going.

"You were flying in a pretty big hurry. so, where's your dragon now?" He asked, reaching in to his pack and grabbing the sandwidge he'd been eating earlier, glad he'd gotten a chance to finish it off. after taking a chunk out of it storm poked him in the back and looked at the girl. "No." he said and took another bite. "I made it, its mine." He said and storm growled at him lightly. "I am still not giving it to her. I'm hungry." The Skrill looked at him and promptly swept its tail under his feet, setting him on his back. "Fine." he said and stuck his hand in the air, with the sandwidge still in it. "Here you go. if your hungry." He said, still not getting up.

Raiden practically jumped out of his skin which sent Krystal into a panic. She went into a sort of defensive stance until she realized there
was no danger and that it was no need to raise an alarm. So calming down, Krystal let out an irritated growl and lay back down under
the massive oak tree. Raiden glared at Ragnar before he left and started mumbling a string of curses at him for having his dragon shock
him while he was having a nap. He mounted Krystal and followed suite, of course he lost their trail, not that he cared. If something was
up, he would hear about it later, probably at dinner. So, turning to head back into town, he got ready for a storm of girls as that was something he had become accustomed to, the swarm of girls that wanted to pester him with stupid questions and kisses.
Something he would rather stay away from, he wasn't exactly a lover, he was more of a wallflower.
" Don't know why I can't get some time to myself without someone bothering me every five minutes..."

((You do realise that storm went on his own, and left a bit of paper telling Raiden to meet them in the town square and Ragnar had already left the town square about 3 posts ago?))

(( Yes, but he didn't take the paper or read it, never does. Sorry I haven't been active I had exams to take and things to do in class yesterday and pretty much all week before that, but Now that school is out I think I can be more active with this. So sorry for my lack of activity again...))

"Aye aye." Ake responded to Brendans instructions. Mag rolled over sideways and dived to the treetops where she opened her wings. From there, she and Ake would begin their search.

((Oi! The OOC/Signup thread is meant for OOC. No more gabbing in here. @Shadows, I do suggest re-reading this roleplay as it seems you missed what had happened with your character.))

Aeva stopped in her tracks when a skrill landed before her. Electricity sparked around the beast, though the shocking bit was the fact that a young viking was riding atop it. There was no malevolence between the two. In a way, it reminded her of her and Alution.

It occured to the red-head that in the time she spent analyzing the duo before her, she could have answered the boy's questions. But, she didn't know if he truly could be trusted. Especially with her injured dragon. And what if there were other riders? They'd be outnumbered. That wouldn't be a good thing.

"My name's Aeva... We came here because- ah, well..." The red-head fumbled with her words, unsure as to whether or not she should give her reason for venturing to Berk. However, a deep and fearsome roar sounded behind Ragnar and his dragon.

Alution rose up on his hind legs, his wings spread to make himself look bigger. The dragon looked rather menacing standing there, however this aggressive facade was justified by the strangers between the dragon and his partner.

Ragnar closed his eyes. "Lost your dragon have you?" He asked, Finally getting up off the ground. "Aeva. Where have you come from?" He asked, before he looked up at storm. "Next time, don't make a fool out of me infront of guests." He said and got a wing on his head for his troubles, "you're a right royal ass." He said and knocked the wing off. seeing as she didn't take the sandwich he tore another chunk from it lazily. "The others, as per usual, are off gallivanting round the island." he said and flicked storm's carapace "Flare burst," he said before looking at his finger. "that'll bruise." He mumbled as the Skrill let loose a crackling sphere of electricity that glided slowly upwards, visible for miles around.

When the roar sounded Ragnar dropped his sandwich and drew his own weapons, the twin daggers leaping in to his hands as he got in to a combat crouch, the Skrill's spines standing up and bristling, the pair of them spun to face Alution he narrowed his eyes. "Or just trying to arange a sneek attack." He said calmly analysing the situation. "call him off. Now. Unless you like the idea of permanent paralyzation." he growled, his voice having changed from the normal lazy manner of speech to a ice cold command that sounded far more lethal than any voice had a right to be. The pair now looked like total opposites, One bristling with lightning, on edge and ready to surge forwards at the slightest provocation. The other icy calm and dangerous the twin daggers glittering like freshly fallen snow. "I can probably kill you before your dragon gets round Storm."

Fianna followed Brendan's instructions and started to look for Ragnar. Grell was growling lightly, something he does when something's not right. "Are you still mad about earlier? I told you that I am not flirting with him" she explained a bit shyly and was only answered with a cool puff of wind. Before she could even speak, Grell sped up its flight, straying from the said formation and went down to hover above two people: Ragnar and the strange rider.

Seeing the rider's dragon, she let out a gasp while Grell's growl turned even louder and aggressive. He didn't like the stranger's dragon, not one bit but Fianna was fascinated and did the only logical thing she could think of: she tossed a fish towards the new dragon with a sweet smile, hoping that it understands she wanted to be friends with it than become enemies.

"Excuse me but are you the new rider everyone's talking about?" she asked to the girl kindly as Grell landed besides Storm and getting a bit aggressive while Fianna ignored the tense atmosphere. "Ragnar, I think the girl means no harm. Calm down" she said, jumping off of Grell's back and looked at the new dragon. "He's so pretty, what's his name?"

@AshenAngel @EddiEddi

Brendan smiled as he lead his friends into battle. With Ake on one side and Fianna on the other they'd find what they were looking for in no time. He didn't notice when Fianna broke formation, but Lexa did, growling and urging her rider to look. Brendan followed Lexa's urgings and steered to follow, calling for Ake to do the same. Upon arriving, just a few moments behind Fianna. He found them in a stand off with another dragon and a mysterious rider who had them surrounded. Brendan knew Ragnar could take care of himself, but he felt the urge to fly in and protect Fianna. In the end his better judgement gave out as he stopped in a hover, whistling down to signal the calvary was here. If things got out of hand, him and Ake would swoop down and help defuse the situation. But for now he would let Fianna and Ragnar try to resolve the encounter peacefully.

Aeva's hand went to her dagger at Ragnar's threat. She saw two other dragons close in on them, however, and moved her hand away from the weapon instead. When the girl and her wooly howl landed between her and Alution as well, well, it was going to be tough to get him to stop acting aggressive. "Alution, easy boy. This isn't a good fight." Her voice was soft, yet strong as she kept her eyes on the sand wraith. "He doesn't like you guys between him and me." She spoke to Ragnar simply, and flashed a glance to the girl as well. "I can't make him stop with the aggressive behavior unless you guys get out of the way." She spoke calmly.

Alution slowly lowered himself to the ground, though a growl still remained rumbling in his throat. He kept his injured leg off the ground and completely ignored the fish that was thrown his way. His gaze flicked around between the humans and dragons blocking his path, sheer animosity in its depths. His tail lashed slowly behind him.

Reactions: Jamie64
[fieldbox=Avery Syn, teal, solid]

3v4Yqpvh.jpg

Avery and Genesis were flying out of the formation that Ragnar had suggested. The teeth along her thigh belt were digging into her skin, and her long white hair was getting tangled in the straps and bags that were equipped on Genesis's saddle. Tightening the grip with her thighs, she took a ribbon and tied up her her silver locks. Genesis snorted and started to twitch, making Avery looked over. There, on a sheltered alcove was Ragnar along with several other of the riders.

However, the strange girl had company. What must have been her dragon was behind Ragnar and the group. Landing might make the strange dragon alarmed, and lash out at one of the Riders, which was not an option. If anything, everybody should come out of this unharmed, stranger and Riders included. The girl, however, was not from here by any means. The people of Berk as well as the surrounding islands had a certain attire, and this girl showed none of that on her body. She was from somewhere far away, and she must be exhausted.

Avery flew close to the alcove, resting a hand on Genesis's neck, patting it softly. She hovered, and Avery stood on her wide back, drawing her katana in case something went wrong. The wind was tugging profusely at her clothes, and she could tell Genesis was having difficulty staying in one spot. Despite her dragon, she knew the Stormcutter had enough juice in her to keep the spot and still have energy to fight if need be.

[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
Fianna frowned a bit, seeing the dragon named Alution growl towards her and ignore the fish. Grell growled as well, its tail hovering in front of Fianna as if claiming to the other dragon that she's his.

Fianna then noticed the injured leg of Alution and quickly pushed Grell's tail away, her eyes filled with worry and concern. "Y-Your leg..." she said to the dragon, looking at it before moving closer towards him.

She didn't care if it was an enemy or an ally. All that matters to her is that the dragon is injured. She always felt like it's her duty to take care of others, especially the injured ones.

"I can help... Uhm..." she began to rummage through her bag to find the berries she found earlier in the woods. "Here..." Fianna said, showing the two a couple of purplish berries that helps to fasten the healing process. "I p-promise I'll leave you two alone after this... Just... uhm... let me near him..." she asked shyly, looking towards the rider then to the dragon.

Fianna understands that Alution is scared and hurt, even people feel those emotions. She just really wanted to help the poor dragon for she remembered Grell, behaving just like him when they've met.

Grell snarled, looking towards the dragons up in the air as if asking them to protect Fianna. Grell couldn't do anything about his master once it's decided on something. Lowly grumbling, she looked at Alution then to Fianna, hoping for the best.

"Fianna don't!" Brendan yelled, urging Lexa forward. Last thing anyone wanted was for someone to get hurt because they were too trusting too fast. Or at least that's what Brendan told himself. He didn't want to see Fianna hurt, and he took this excuse to protect her with no hesitation.

Upon her rider's urgings Lexa shot towards the ground like a dart, landing with a solid thud between this new dragon and Fianna, knowing their goal was to protect her. She held up her wings in a defensive posture, producing a small hiss that said keep away unless you want a fight.

Alution's growl grew fiercer when the girl began to come closer. He moved a bit farther back and let out a roar at the hobblegrunt now keeping him from his rider. His sharp teeth were bared at the strange riders that felt like they were closing in on him.

Aeva, unable to stand seeing her dragon so stressed about their situation, quickly made her move. She darted between the skrill and the wooly howl, passing by the hobblegrunt as well. Her quick feet slowed to a stop before her sand wraith. "Hey, Alution... It's alright... They aren't going to hurt us." She spoke softly while casting a sharp glare at Ragnar and the boy who came diving in on his dragon.

Alution calmed a tiny bit, seeing that his rider wasn't being kept from him any more. However, the large number of dragons still growling at them kept him growling as well. Aeva turned to face the large group, anger in her eyes now. "And here I was hoping that things would be different here. Apparently not if we still get threatened for doing nothing wrong." Her voice was still soft, though it packed the heat of her words.

OOC: I am so sorry for taking so long! I've been horribly busy. I meant to have this post up sooner, but it's like everytime I finished there was something new up! Haha, at least you guys are active ♥ Also, sorry about how horribly long this post is... I figured I needed to make up for all the time I lost.

[fieldbox= Dylan Dean Dixon ♣ Pheonix, #001b85, solid]
commission_6_by_zamius-d6xnugv.png

Click here to reference Dylan.

Water droplets fell through the thin wiring of the Training Arena, soaking both Dylan and his Stormcutter, Pheonix. They had been training hard for the last hour, and the rain was honestly feeling very nice against the teenage boy's warm skin. He had long since ditched his shirt, leaving him in his fur boots, baggy black pants, and brown leather gloves. The belt around his waist had a hatchet hooked on to it.

Shaking his hands, Dylan jumped from foot to foot, throwing his head around a few times. "Alright Pheo," he called out, tilting his head back a little so his voice would carry. "If we hit the target this time we'll call it a day, alright?" The arena floor was mostly cleared, except for a table a few yards ahead of Dylan, and a target resting against a box a few yards behind him. Pheonix waited near the entrance of the area, snarling and running her feet across the ground, indicating that she was ready.

With a smile, Dylan ran towards the table, jumping and rolling across it, landing on his feet on the other side. As his feet rushed towards the ground his fingers found the handle of his hatchet, and he flung it forward as his body whipped around. The weapon spun as it flew towards Pheo, who was now charging the weapon. Dylan's blue eyes followed her every move, watching as she whipped her tail around, hitting the hatchet.

The young male leaned down as the object flew over his head, turning around just in time to watch it wedge deep into the target. "Bulls-eye!" Dylan shouted in excitement, jumping up to his feet and dashing over to Pheo. The large dragon danced around him happily, please with his positive reaction. He reached up to rub his hand along her jawline, receiving a low growl that resembled the sound of a cat purring.
latest

Once Dylan retrieved his hatchet, put away the target, and rewarded Pheonix with a rainbow trout, the duo exited the Training Arena. Dylan was now sitting on the saddle he had Pheonix's back, running his fingers through his wet hair. Dylan's leather saddle was the same shade of brown as his gloves- since his mother had made both-, and it had two handles, two little hoops for his feet to hook into, and a bag on either side for Dylan to store things in- which was where his shirt currently was. It also had four sturdy hooks on the underside for Dylan to string up their kills on... He may be a Dragon Rider now, but that didn't mean he'd give up hunting. If anything, his dragon made him a better hunter.
That was when a few other riders rode past on their dragons, sending a gust of wind over the two. He overheard them talking about a stranger when he had exited the arena, and it seemed like they were going to check it out themselves. Shouldn't they be telling the chief about a stranger? He thought, rolling his eyes at them. How irresponsible.

Then again, Dylan wasn't exactly responsible either, and he couldn't say no to a good adventure. And so, after quietly giving Pheo the orders to be discrete, he followed the group. It didn't take long for Ragnar, who seemed to be the leader of their operation, and his dragon, Storm, to find the stranger. Dylan and Pheo landed nearby, well hidden by a few boulders. Luckily, they were in earshot.

"Aeva," Dylan whispered to himself when the stranger revealed her name. Even from his hiding spot Dylan could see that she was certainly beautiful, and carried herself well. Like a real viking. She's not from around here, Dylan noticed. Obviously not from Berk, but not from any of the nearest islands either. She dressed far too differently, and also had a bit of a foreign accent. It was slight, and Dylan probably wouldn't have caught it if they had met in the market. But, if you were from a different island you'd have to talk at least a little differently. It was only logical.

Not long after Fianna and Grell showed up. Dylan couldn't help but roll his eyes at the dark-haired female, she could be so naive. So trusting. Dylan could never be like that, he almost always had his guard up. Hence his lack of friends. Next came the beautiful yet cold Avery on her own Stormcutter, Genesis. Avery had always interested Dylan, even before they had the same type of dragon. It wasn't that he was exactly attracted to the young blonde, not at all. He just felt like they could possibly be good friends, if they wanted to.

Speaking of cold beauties, Aeva drew back Dylan's attention. She seemed to be much calmer and steady than her dragon, Alution. Beside him, Pheonix began to growl, but he quickly turned to shush her. "We weren't invited on the search party," he whispered to her, scowling slightly. "And we're not in danger, unless you give us away." It seemed as though Pheo understood Dylan, because she silenced immediately.

Her dragon is injured? Dylan thought as he looked back to the confrontation. Must be why she took refuge in that cave... but, why is she all the way out here? And where did she come from? There's not any other villages that ride dragons.... Not around here, anyways...

Dylan was snapped out thought by Brendan- who he hadn't noticed before- yelling at Fianna. He instantly realized what Fianna was trying to do, and his eyes rolled again. "Stupid," he muttered under his breath, shaking his head. He watched as Lexa and Brendan landed between Fianna and Alution, letting out a low groan as Lexa got up in a defensive stance. "Stupid," he repeated, glancing at Pheo. "It's like they're looking for a fight."

Aeva: "Hey, Alution... It's alright... They aren't going to hurt us."
Cirrus_zps67f70bb7.png

Again, Dylan's eyes flickered to the strange girl as she ran towards her dragon. She certainly was brave, to run between all of those dragons. Loyalty probably had a little to do with it too. Dylan noticed how quick she was to accuse his fellow Dragon Riders of being dangerous. He couldn't blame her, of course, with their poorly thought-out actions. But, he couldn't help but wonder who she was comparing them to. Perhaps she's running from someone? He thought, eyebrows raising at the thought. But... who?

@EddiEddi @DANAsaur @Ayla @AshenAngel @Jamie64
[/fieldbox]

For mobile users: [spoili]
Click here to reference Dylan.

Water droplets fell through the thin wiring of the Training Arena, soaking both Dylan and his Stormcutter, Pheonix. They had been training hard for the last hour, and the rain was honestly feeling very nice against the teenage boy's warm skin. He had long since ditched his shirt, leaving him in his fur boots, baggy black pants, and brown leather gloves. The belt around his waist had a hatchet hooked on to it.

Shaking his hands, Dylan jumped from foot to foot, throwing his head around a few times. "Alright Pheo," he called out, tilting his head back a little so his voice would carry. "If we hit the target this time we'll call it a day, alright?" The arena floor was mostly cleared, except for a table a few yards ahead of Dylan, and a target resting against a box a few yards behind him. Pheonix waited near the entrance of the area, snarling and running her feet across the ground, indicating that she was ready.

With a smile, Dylan ran towards the table, jumping and rolling across it, landing on his feet on the other side. As his feet rushed towards the ground his fingers found the handle of his hatchet, and he flung it forward as his body whipped around. The weapon spun as it flew towards Pheo, who was now charging the weapon. Dylan's blue eyes followed her every move, watching as she whipped her tail around, hitting the hatchet.

The young male leaned down as the object flew over his head, turning around just in time to watch it wedge deep into the target. "Bulls-eye!" Dylan shouted in excitement, jumping up to his feet and dashing over to Pheo. The large dragon danced around him happily, please with his positive reaction. He reached up to rub his hand along her jawline, receiving a low growl that resembled the sound of a cat purring.

Once Dylan retrieved his hatchet, put away the target, and rewarded Pheonix with a rainbow trout, the duo exited the Training Arena. Dylan was now sitting on the saddle he had Pheonix's back, running his fingers through his wet hair. Dylan's leather saddle was the same shade of brown as his gloves- since his mother had made both-, and it had two handles, two little hoops for his feet to hook into, and a bag on either side for Dylan to store things in- which was where his shirt currently was. It also had four sturdy hooks on the underside for Dylan to string up their kills on... He may be a Dragon Rider now, but that didn't mean he'd give up hunting. If anything, his dragon made him a better hunter.
That was when a few other riders rode past on their dragons, sending a gust of wind over the two. He overheard them talking about a stranger when he had exited the arena, and it seemed like they were going to check it out themselves. Shouldn't they be telling the chief about a stranger? He thought, rolling his eyes at them. How irresponsible.

Then again, Dylan wasn't exactly responsible either, and he couldn't say no to a good adventure. And so, after quietly giving Pheo the orders to be discrete, he followed the group. It didn't take long for Ragnar, who seemed to be the leader of their operation, and his dragon, Storm, to find the stranger. Dylan and Pheo landed nearby, well hidden by a few boulders. Luckily, they were in earshot.

"Aeva," Dylan whispered to himself when the stranger revealed her name. Even from his hiding spot Dylan could see that she was certainly beautiful, and carried herself well. Like a real viking. She's not from around here, Dylan noticed. Obviously not from Berk, but not from any of the nearest islands either. She dressed far too differently, and also had a bit of a foreign accent. It was slight, and Dylan probably wouldn't have caught it if they had met in the market. But, if you were from a different island you'd have to talk at least a little differently. It was only logical.

Not long after Fianna and Grell showed up. Dylan couldn't help but roll his eyes at the dark-haired female, she could be so naive. So trusting. Dylan could never be like that, he almost always had his guard up. Hence his lack of friends. Next came the beautiful yet cold Avery on her own Stormcutter, Genesis. Avery had always interested Dylan, even before they had the same type of dragon. It wasn't that he was exactly attracted to the young blonde, not at all. He just felt like they could possibly be good friends, if they wanted to.

Speaking of cold beauties, Aeva drew back Dylan's attention. She seemed to be much calmer and steady than her dragon, Alution. Beside him, Pheonix began to growl, but he quickly turned to shush her. "We weren't invited on the search party," he whispered to her, scowling slightly. "And we're not in danger, unless you give us away." It seemed as though Pheo understood Dylan, because she silenced immediately.

Her dragon is injured? Dylan thought as he looked back to the confrontation. Must be why she took refuge in that cave... but, why is she all the way out here? And where did she come from? There's not any other villages that ride dragons.... Not around here, anyways...

Dylan was snapped out thought by Brendan- who he hadn't noticed before- yelling at Fianna. He instantly realized what Fianna was trying to do, and his eyes rolled again. "Stupid," he muttered under his breath, shaking his head. He watched as Lexa and Brendan landed between Fianna and Alution, letting out a low groan as Lexa got up in a defensive stance. "Stupid," he repeated, glancing at Pheo. "It's like they're looking for a fight."

Aeva: "Hey, Alution... It's alright... They aren't going to hurt us."

Again, Dylan's eyes flickered to the strange girl as she ran towards her dragon. She certainly was brave, to run between all of those dragons. Loyalty probably had a little to do with it too. Dylan noticed how quick she was to accuse his fellow Dragon Riders of being dangerous. He couldn't blame her, of course, with their poorly thought-out actions. But, he couldn't help but wonder who she was comparing them to. Perhaps she's running from someone? He thought, eyebrows raising at the thought. But... who?

@EddiEddi @DANAsaur @Ayla @AshenAngel @Jamie64
[/spoili]​

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: AshenAngel and Ayla
Everything happened so fast, a minute she was walking towards the dragon and now Lexa and Brendan was protecting her from Alution who did nothing wrong. "B-Brendan..." she called out, hearing Avea's words. "I'm fine.. h-he did nothing wrong so please calm down.." she said softly. Grell let out a gust of cold wind, unable to bear seeing her partner so distressed and confused. Fianna was just being nice, why can't Alution see that?

Sighing, she went over Grell's side and looked at Aeva with sad eyes. "I'm sorry.. I didn't mean to make things worse. Uhm.. I'll just leave if you want.." she declared but it looks like her stupid dragon won't budge.

"We've had problems with vikings who use dragons for their own means. Train them to be mean, and cruel. It was one such viking who killed our last chief, sorry if we're not too keen to trust you just yet," Brendan said quickly, patting Lexa on the head to indicate she did a good job. "I'm Brendan, no the scar did not come from a dragon fire," he said, skipping the awkward moment when people stared at his face while they worked up the courage to ask where the burn came from. "This my dragon Lexa." Lexa let out a playful shriek at the mention of her name. Happy to be included in the conversation.

Ake had been circling the ever growing group. And remained out of sight. He didn't want to just swoop in. He feared be might potentially destabilize the situation further. So he waited. He couldn't hear what they were saying, but actions spoke louder than words, and there was definitely a lot of confusion and tension in the air.

Aeva's gaze softened slightly toward the dark haired girl. "You're fine. We've just had a long day..." Her gaze flashed to Brendan as he introduced himself and the faintest of frowns crossed her face. He then spoke about his scar, which triggered a minor eye roll from the red-head. "I wasn't going to ask about it." She spoke simply, a small amount of anger reappearing in her eyes. "As for how I trained my dragon, if Alution was trained to be bad, don't you think he would have hurt someone by now?" She asked pointedly as she gestured to the large assortment of growling dragons and riders brandishing their weapons.

Alution stopped growling when the hobblegrunt in front stopped with it's growling. However, his gaze still remained warily trained on each potential enemy. He lifted his head slightly and scented the air. Two more dragons were in the area as well. He gently nudged Aeva and nodded in the direction of some large boulders. Aeva took silent note of the fact that there were even more riders in the area.

"Can we please get some space?" Aeva asked, her gaze flicking to the girl atop her stormcutter, Brendan, and Ragnar especially.

Reactions: Brea
Fianna looked at Aeva then to Alution. By the looks of them, she can tell that they've had a rough day and she didn't want to tire them any further. Throwing a satchel full of berries towards the girl, Fianna sat on her dragon "Come on Grell, mum's probably waiting for us back home." she said to her dragon and smiled at her peers, especially towards Brendan. "Call me if something comes up, okay? See you"

Grell puffed a cold harmless wind towards Alution, giving him a warning to never hurt her partner and then started flapping his wings until he and Fianna is up in the air. "Hmm... I can tell that her dragon can be friendly..We better keep an eye on them but after we eat okay?" Fianna said to her dragon and went back to the village.

Status
Not open for further replies.