Hot or Cold?

Shiver or sweat?

• Hot

Votes: 14 29.2%
  • Cold

Votes: 34 70.8%

• Total voters
Michigan is where I'm moving, as soon as I get the cash to do so. I can't wait to finally leave Georgia. The summers are miserable and winters aren't cold enough. It doesn't hurt that I'm from the area, too :D

There's no place like home!

Awesome! Despite my occasional complaints, I really do love it here in Michigan. No place like home, indeed. :)

That explains it XP My mother is from Texas and she cannot handle even the slightest amount of cold. Why didn't that go to me too? Probably because my dads super cold winter with snow up to his knees probably carried over.

It's a pain for me. lol. I love heat, and it's not often very hot in Michigan. Our winters/cooler months seem to last far longer than our summers. I feel like all year-round I'm always carrying a sweater or some kind of coat with me. But oh well, it could be worse. XD

I'd take the cold over the heat any day of week, you would too if you lived in a place where it's scorching hot most of the year like I do.

Cold. I actually kind of like feeling cold.

The heat any day of the week. Sure I complain about both, but I'm the type of person who on a cloudy day or walking in a building with AC will be found with a sweater and pants one. So winter makes me die inside. I have to wear so many damn layers of clothes. i swear my heating system is broken D:

GIVE ME THE ICE, THE SNOW, THE COLD.

Heat can go climb a wall of dicks. >:[

Reactions: Alan
If only the answer was right in the middle ; ;.

I would pick hot but summer in Australia is fkn deadly I tell you.

Heat.

Wtf are people talking about not being able to cool down?

Even if you didnt/don't have air conditioning has no one heard of water?

Go swim or play in some water sprinklers or splash around when it rains.

And for the people crying out you can't take off all the clothes probably hasn't gone skinny dipping at a lake in summer.

ITS LIBERATING.

@Minibit knows how accustomed I am to heat though bahaha.

Besides, I am a poor winter driver and the cold just cuts me to the core. Like I thought fat people supposed to stay warm. >:(

Heat.

Wtf are people talking about not being able to cool down?

Even if you didnt/don't have air conditioning has no one heard of water?

Go swim or play in some water sprinklers or splash around when it rains.

And for the people crying out you can't take off all the clothes probably hasn't gone skinny dipping at a lake in summer.

ITS LIBERATING.

@Minibit knows how accustomed I am to heat though bahaha.

Besides, I am a poor winter driver and the cold just cuts me to the core. Like I thought fat people supposed to stay warm. >:(
See, the problem with that is it requires good air conditioning or going out to do things.

What about when you're at work/school or traveling to or from it? What if you're stuck at home? What if there's no good air conditioning in those situations? Then you sweat and suffer and hate your life. You can't strip down at work/school and probably can't while traveling either. If it gets hot enough to stripping down at home isn't enough and your only refuge is a cold bath/shower, then you're simply going to have to suffer through it with little respite.

On the other hand, what about all those situations when it's cold and you have no good heater situation? At work/school and it's freezing cold? Add layers of clothes! Traveling somewhere and it's freezing cold? Add layers of clothes? At home and it's freezing cold? Add layers of clothes and also some blankets!

Heat relief when lacking proper air conditioning is very situational and not convenient. Cold relief when lacking proper heating is simple and convenient. This is why the cold is superior.

See, the problem with that is it requires good air conditioning or going out to do things.

What about when you're at work/school or traveling to or from it? What if you're stuck at home? What if there's no good air conditioning in those situations? Then you sweat and suffer and hate your life. You can't strip down at work/school and probably can't while traveling either. If it gets hot enough to stripping down at home isn't enough and your only refuge is a cold bath/shower, then you're simply going to have to suffer through it with little respite.

On the other hand, what about all those situations when it's cold and you have no good heater situation? At work/school and it's freezing cold? Add layers of clothes! Traveling somewhere and it's freezing cold? Add layers of clothes? At home and it's freezing cold? Add layers of clothes and also some blankets!

Heat relief when lacking proper air conditioning is very situational and not convenient. Cold relief when lacking proper heating is simple and convenient. This is why the cold is superior.

What about shade from trees or buildings. You find shade in them. And in a car just roll down the windows if you don't have functioning climate control in your car like I did. =P

And also, what if you don't have more clothes on hand? You're still fucking cold.

Besides, back when air conditioning wasn't invented, people survived and farmed and did everything just fine.

Still think it's not too bad with hot. I get cold at 70F/20C degree weather so.

Guess it comes with living in Texas.

If only the answer was right in the middle ; ;.

I would pick hot but summer in Australia is fkn deadly I tell you.
Isn't everything in Australia deadly? :P
I mean I repeat from skype chats...

GOD DAMN KILLER BIRDS WITH KILLER CLAWS!

I'd rather freeze. I wish I could just hibernate in my freezer right now and spend the night there. It's so hot! Last time to cool off I actually had to like a fool take about six showers at different intervals. Another heatwave is coming up where I am, let's hope I won't just transfer myself to the bath tub instead.

Worse, when I went out, and drank as much water as I could, it didn't work and I still felt sick. The cherry on the cake? - I suffer from migraines. Sun and heat is the last thing I need.

I suffer from migraines. Sun and heat is the last thing I need.
I know the struggle DX

Have a small vial of Aleve with you and take them when you start to feel the headache surfacing. It's a life saver, trust me o.o

http://www.walmart.com/ip/35978698?...54118392&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=78606239072&veh=sem

You know that small pocket above your right pocket? (On jeans anyway) I always keep one right there, and another small vial with water. Just in case it happens when I'm outside.

Reactions: Nighthawk
I know the struggle DX

Have a small vial of Aleve with you and take them when you start to feel the headache surfacing. It's a life saver, trust me o.o

http://www.walmart.com/ip/35978698?...54118392&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=78606239072&veh=sem

You know that small pocket above your right pocket? (On jeans anyway) I always keep one right there, and another small vial with water. Just in case it happens when I'm outside.
Boy man finally someone who understands me! You know no one takes anything seriously around here where I live and they think I'm making a fuss or that I need psychiatric help. Arrrgh. Well they don't know, I spent days stuck in the dark alone in my room to keep the pain under control. It's annoying but it helps too besides painkillers.

You are right. Water. I don't go around without something to drink. I drink too much for my own good. Thanks for the advice.

Reactions: Shadon Xarian
Boy man finally someone who understands me! You know no one takes anything seriously around here where I live and they think I'm making a fuss or that I need psychiatric help. Arrrgh. Well they don't know, I spent days stuck in the dark alone in my room to keep the pain under control. It's annoying but it helps too besides painkillers.

You are right. Water. I don't go around without something to drink. I drink too much for my own good. Thanks for the advice.
When I said water, I meant to help swallow the aleve XD

The thing about the Aleve's though is you gotta take it when you feel it coming. If you take it when it gets painful, it's already too late. If you take it before it gets to painful, then you'll probably forget that it started in the first place.

Another trick I personally do when I get the migraines is throwing up. I know it sounds terrible, but after the first (Definitely second) time, that headache will be more or less no more... Of course I recommend doing that as a last resort as your body probably won't like the after feeling o.o

When I said water, I meant to help swallow the aleve XD

The thing about the Aleve's though is you gotta take it when you feel it coming. If you take it when it gets painful, it's already too late. If you take it before it gets to painful, then you'll probably forget that it started in the first place.

Another trick I personally do when I get the migraines is throwing up. I know it sounds terrible, but after the first (Definitely second) time, that headache will be more or less no more... Of course I recommend doing that as a last resort as your body probably won't like the after feeling o.o
It sucks. In all of summer I haven't been once to the beach. Too hot. What's the use of going if you know it will make you sick anyway? - but well people don't understand that either.

I only know when its coming because I get hit by partial blindness for a few seconds or I see literally black spots stabbing my eyes. As creepy as it might sound. I don't know if we have Aleve here, I'll have to ask about that.

Didn't know the puking actually worked. I'll admit tho. Last time I was out took too much sun, came back home feeling like my head will explode, and you're right even though it took a toll on me, eventually I felt better.

Reactions: Shadon Xarian
It sucks. In all of summer I haven't been once to the beach. Too hot. What's the use of going if you know it will make you sick anyway? - but well people don't understand that either.

I only know when its coming because I get hit by partial blindness for a few seconds or I see literally black spots stabbing my eyes. As creepy as it might sound. I don't know if we have Aleve here, I'll have to ask about that.

Didn't know the puking actually worked. I'll admit tho. Last time I was out took too much sun, came back home feeling like my head will explode, and you're right even though it took a toll on me, eventually I felt better.
If you don't have aleve, see if you can import them. Try a smaller/cheaper package first though, make sure it works before you start investing more money into it. So far Aleve has worked for all my friends for many different things, but it working for us doesn't exactly mean it'll work for you (Sadly DX, but we can hope that it does)

O.O That's much worse than me. Where do you live? The desert next to the sun? Right above that planets core? DX I would rate it "You need a hug" But i'd be afraid that your head would pop from the body contact's added heat XD

Do you know why your body does that though? You don't need psychiatric help, but I do think that you should try to go to a doctor or something and see if they can find anything. Sadly, I don't know much about those headaches, I just know pretty nifty cures for them.

Another thing that helps is a a warm/somewhat cold washcloth (Try both, forgot which temperature DX) over your eyes. Most people say forehead, but I find over my eyes more effective, try both though. That won't remove the headache, but it will make sleeping ALLOT easier.

Last edited by a moderator:
The thing about heat, at least up here in good old Scandinavia, is that we're not routined enough to handle it. Like, we're so used to cold weather, next to nobody has an AC in their house. And why would we, 9 out of 12 months it's either snowing or raining. Heatwaves are downright deadly, because we're not used to it, and don't know what the fuck we're supposed to do, aside from strip down, take a swim, sit in the shade or stay inside where there's (hopefully) a couple of degrees cooler. During the most recent heatwave, when some people joked about Britain and their panicky response, I had to ask a friend if Texas for advice on staying cool, because it was unbearable and I was out of ideas. People kept getting heatstrokes left and right, and a few elderly people died, too.

That's why I prefer cold over hot. Cold weather is easier to handle than a heatwave comparable to Satan's asshole after a couple of burritos.

Suppose it's the same thing if Florida, for example, would have a winter with -20 and mass amounts of snow. Unless you live somewhere with moderately cold winters and moderately hot summers, you're going to prefer one over the other based on what you're used to. With some margin for personal preference, of course.

QUIT YOUR WHINING, KIDS

WHY CHOOSE ONLY ONE WHEN YOU CAN HAVE BOTH?! THAT IS WHY I GO TO THE SAUNA EVERY DAY!