Horrible Movies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't watch . . . Begotten without any friends or enemies beside you.
So far, not scary. I understand the artistic value and how people are disturbed by it, but it doesn't shake me.
To be honest, movies aren't the ideal medium to scare people, or at least not as effective as books.
That aside, let's return to the thread's subject; bad movies.
like:
( Zombeavers)
or
( Witching and Bitching)

220px-Saloposter.jpg

THERE ARE NO WORDS THAT CAN DESCRIBE THE CREEPY AND DISGUSTING FACTORS OF THIS . . . THIS ABOMINATION THAT IS 120 GIORNATE DI SODOMA OR 120 FUCKING DAYS OF SODOM, THIS IS A HORRIBLE HORRIBLE MOVIE AND IT'S DISTURBING SCENES WILL SHAKE YOUR VERY SOUL AND I DARE SAY THAT THIS IS WORSE THAN SERBIAN FILM . . .
Meh.
De Sade's original (and unfinished) novel is purportedly worse.

Meh.
De Sade's original (and unfinished) novel is purportedly worse.
Yes, you are right but i thinks it's for the best it wasn't finished because you've seen the results . . .

120 days

Yes, you are right but i thinks it's for the best it wasn't finished because you've seen the results . . .

120 days
Eh.
I'll agree to disagree.
It ought to have been finished, in my opinion.
De Sade pushed the envelope in a time where pushing the envelope would inevitably either lead to imprisonment or death. He embodied a sense of freedom unimpeded by morality, religion, or law. Even though his libertine views can be considered taboo by some (excluding pedophilia or anything to do with children that haven't yet reached their awkward teenage years, as those are viewed with disgust regardless of culture, morality, religion, or law, despite the historical precedent for Child Marriage), the same things we view as normal sexual (and non-sexual) preferences or practices nowadays (e.g. Miscegenation, Homosexuality/Bisexuality, Crossdressing, etc, etc) would be viewed with disgust and persecution by the majority of the populace, regardless of geographical location, cultural values, or religious beliefs. If anything, we should praise the Marquis for having the balls to address such taboo (for his time, at least) topics, when he knew full well that he could be severely punished (and was, for that matter) for expressing such views freely and openly.
In my opinion, we need more people like him who're wiling to challenge the established status quo in the name of complete and total freedom.
Though no pedophilia. That's super bad nowadays.
Anyway.
I think I've wasted enough time waxing philosophic on something that's simply just a matter of differing opinions.
With that, back to bad movies.

The_league_of_Extraordinary_Gentlemen_movie.jpg

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
Hell, I like the movie, as bad as it is, but it's another comic book adaption that doesn't hold up when compared to the source material, and yet another reason for Alan Moore to not want his excellent comics to be adapted into movies.

LOOK NO FUTHER, THE MOST DEMENTED, DISTURBING FILM EVER MADE
MUTHA FUCKING BEGOTTEN - Here's a quote from one review
-Snipped Review Quote-
DON'T WATCH THIS MOVIE
Well, I know what I'll be watching this weekend, in addition to Salo and A Serbian Film.

No context required.

Status
Not open for further replies.