Horizon Demon Hunter Academy(OOC and Sign-Ups)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reanimator Buns

Just some gal who's a necromancer
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Genres
Fantasy Romance, Scifi
Closed

IC
https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/horizon-demon-hunter-academy-ic.46691/

In the year 2021, the Earth was on the brink of war. The Russians and United States had gone to war after the assassination of the newly elected president. There was no real evidence that Russia was the behind this unforeseen event. However, the people wanted retribution. After threats against the US, Russia was the top suspect. Soon both began prepping for war. All other countries begged and pleaded them not to, yet they did not stop. War broke out and neither side was going anywhere. During this time of turmoil, the Secretary of Defenses, managed to obtain popularity among citizens, and soon seized control. However, he was truly a wicked man. He had no remorse. He launched three nuclear missiles on Russia. Russia fell in a matter of weeks... The other nations were outraged by this use of WMDs. They declared war on the US. Thus World War III had begun. The war had only raged for two years, before the unexpected happened. Hveravellir, a volcano in Iceland that has lied dormant since 950, erupted violently. The area surrounding it was covered in lava. Arising from the lava, and descending from the ash, an obsidian, and brimstone door took form. Though it was black, one could see hints of red in its glassy frame. It opened, and as if the flood gates had been released, demons spewed forth. Upon seeing this awful spectacle, the Divine Counsel quickly met, and began debating the correct course of actions. By the time they had finished deciding, much of humanity had been decimated. They built Horizon, a floating city just below the Heavens, as a safe place for Humans. It is now the year 2113, and little ground has been gained.

Class Aether

Congratulations! You have been accepted to the prestigious Horizon Academy, where you will work along side other Angels and even Humans in your quest to slay the demons that plague the once beautiful Earth. Here you will be taught how to invoke your powers and use them in combat. Various weapons classes are taught as well, so you may choose the weapon that best suits you.

As an Angel, you will be placed into Class Aether, along with all other Angels who will be attending. You will be competing with Class Gaia, the Human Class, in the number of successful mission. The winning class receives an updated common room. However, Sabotaging another class is forbidden. Though you are rivals, you all have the same goal: Ridding the demons from the realm.

Rules must be followed at all times. They are in place or your own safety. A list of rules has been placed along with this message. Please review them carefully.

Rules
  • Uniforms must be worn through the entirety of the school day
  • No unsupervised Duels
  • Do not Sabotage any mission for any reason
  • If a mission is too difficult abort immediately and inform the Head of House
  • As an Angel, you mustn't forge a pact with a demon under any circumstances. The consequences would be devastating.
Class Gaia

Congratulations! You have been accepted into Horizon Academy, where you will work beside other Humans, and even Angels to take back our precious home from the demons who have over run it. Here you will be taught how to speak with demons and persuade them to join your cause. You will be taught about forging packs and how to effectively command your demons to help you in battle as well as use the skills that they teach you. There are plenty of weapons courses to choose from, so pick you favorite.

As a Human, you will be placed in Class Gaia, along with all other humans attending. You will be competing with Class Aether, the Angel Class, in the number of successful missions. The winning class will receive an updated common room. However, under no circumstances should a mission be Sabotaged. We all have the same mission: Reclaiming the lost land.

Rules must be followed at all times. They are in place for your own safety. A list of rules is enclosed with this letter. Please review them carefully.

Rules
  • Uniforms must be worn the entirety of the school day
  • No unsupervised Duels
  • Do not Sabotage a mission for any reason
  • If a mission is too dangerous, abort immediately and inform the Head of House
  • As a Human, you mustn't exceed you demon limit. You will be informed you limit by your Head of House. Your limit is based around your strength of heart and soul.
Anyway this will be an Academy Action roleplay, which will obviously have romance at your own discretion. Enough of this though, lets get to the fun part. CS TIME!

Name:
Year:(How many years have they been at the academy? 1-5)
Appearance(Pics or Wall of text or both. Anime pics highly prefered)

Personality:(A few descriptive words or an entire explanation is fine)

History:(At least two good sized paragraphs)

Weapon Specialty: (ONE weapon of your choice)

Weapons:(Go crazy)

Demons:(What demons do you have?)
Maximum
1st year-2
2nd year-3
3rd year-3
4th year-4
5th year-5
(Please add an appearance, name, and a few abilities for each demon)
Skills:(What powers does you Character have. Must be related to a demon they have. Max is 6)

Miscellaneous:(Nibelsnarfs!)

Name:
Year:(How many years have they been at the academy? 1-5)
Appearance(Pics or Wall of text or both. Anime pics highly prefered)

Personality:(A few descriptive words or an entire explanation is fine)

History:(At least two good sized paragraphs)

Weapon Specialty: (ONE weapon of your choice)
Weapons:(Go crazy)

Skills:(What powers does you Character have. More than humans. Be as creative as you wish, and make lots.)

Miscellaneous:(Persona!)

Character Bin
Please post any character that has been accepted here
https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/horizon-demon-hunter-academy-character-bin.46523/

There are spots for Villains(Humans, Demons, Fallen Angels, etc.) However they are limited. If you wish to apply, contact me through PM

Since the skills and demon sections may take a while. I will accept CS's that have everything other than skills and demons filled out. Please feel free to ask any questions.

Places in the World

So the four major places are as follows.

Earth
Earth is the home of the Humans. Well now only some parts are home to the Humans. These parts are considered safe zones, however demons infiltrating and attacking these safe zones, though rare, are not unheard of. These safe zones are now known as Umezawa(Japan), Remus(England), Loxdon(USA), Fort Bismark(Germany), and Kinich(Brazil). Some have started to move back to these safe zones.

-Kinich: 260,558 square miles(674,843 square km)
-Current Population: 856,007

-Loxdon: 50,346 square miles(130,395 square km)
-Current Population: 679,453
-Remus: 30,265 square miles(78,387 square km)
-Current Population: 421,434
-Umezawa: 16,639 square miles(43,094 square km)
-Current Population: 105,076

-Fort Bismark: 8,016 square miles(20,761 square km)
-Current Population: 70,970

Horizon

Horizon is a massive floating city, created by the Angels as a safe haven for the humans. It floats just below the Heavens. Here many humans have made this place their home, however there are plenty of others who wish to see Earth inhabited by humans once more. This was why Horizon Academy was founded.

The Heavens

The realm if Angels. This is a holy place. As such, living Humans are not allowed to enter. There are some exceptions though. Every so often a Human will be summoned to the Heavens. When this happens, they are most likely meeting with the Divine Counsel, the group ruling the Heavens. However, since the arrival of the demons, only five humans have met before the Counsel. One of these people has been Luka.

The Depths

A mysterious realm that none have ever seen the inside of. The only known entrance is a large(By large I mean like 40 feet, this thing is huge!) ominous door that has appeared in the volcanic regions of Iceland. There is no other information on this realm. It is assumed to be the realm of the Demons

Relationship Status
A hardy thanks to Raychel for creating this chart
On a scale of 1-10: 1 is enemy; 4 is friend; 11 is wedding.
  • Kia Ichimoto - New friend. Kia thinks he's funny. (5)
    Saria Rubim - Comrades (4)
    Ariel Liber - Little contact (3)
    Alice Carter - Little contact (3)
    Sheridan Granger - Hasn't met (-)
  • Sheridan Granger - New friends (4)
    Ariel Liber - Comrades (4)
    Kia Ichimoto - Comrades (4)
  • Ariel Liber - She's bothersome (6)
    Sheridan Granger - Little contact (3)
  • Ariel Liber - Comrades (4)
    Sheridan Granger - Hasn't met (-)
  • Saria Rubim - previous rivals, inseparable friends (7)
    Sheridan Granger - New friend (5)
    Ariel Liber - Some contact (4)
    Kia Ichimoto - Little contact (4)
    Alice Carter - Some contact (4)
  • Alice Carter - Comrades (4)
    Sheridan Granger - Recent contact (4)
    Ariel Liber - Little contact (3)
    Kia Ichimoto - Little contact (3)
    Saria Rubim - Little contact (3)
  • Frey Otonashi - she fell hard (8)
    Davin Theldaven - Comrades (4)
    Irrius Alorven - Comrades (4)
    Yosuke Kirigawa - Little contact (3)
    Isaac Traverz - Some contact (3)
    Liam John Nyphlus - Little contact (3)
  • Yosuke Kirigawa - He's funny (6)
    Davin Theldaven - Comrades (4)
    Frey Otonashi - Comrades (4)
    Isaac Traverz - Some contact (3)
    Liam John Nyphlus - Little contact (3)
  • Davin Theldaven - She's crushing (7)
    Isaac Traverz - New friend (5)
    Liam John Nyphlus - Recent contact (5)
    Frey Otonashi - Little contact (4)
    Yosuke Kirigawa - Hasn't met (-)
    Irrius Alorven - Hasn't met (-)
  • Isaac Traverz - previous rivals, inseparable friends (7)
    Davin Theldaven - Comrades (5)
    Yosuke Kirigawa - Comrades (4)
    Frey Otonashi - Comrades (4)
    Liam John Nyphlus - Little Contact (3)
  • Liam John Nyphlus - Comrades (4)
    Yosuke Kirigawa - Little contact (3)
    Davin Theldaven - Little contact (3)
    Frey Otonashi - Little contact (3)
    Irrius Alorven - Little contact (3)
    Isaac Traverz - Little contact (3)

Last edited:
Oh! And if anyone could draw up the Uniforms I would greatly appreciate it. :D

So wait, are we killing the demons or enslaving them? Or is this like the Shin Megami Tensei games where, when you beat a demon, they serve you?

more like Shin Megami tensei 4 where you are killing demons, but you can persuade them to your side and fight with them

I think I'm gonna try this one. What kind of powers are we allowed to give our characters?

Angels, go crazy(But it would be weird for an angel to have demonic like powers). For humans their powers are related to their demons. Like if he had say, jack frost, he could use something with ice. But ultimately just use your imagination

Okay, I'll get to work on a character. I think I'm gonna go human, but we'll see where my imagination takes me.

I am actually going to make a character bin. I have gotten a bit annoyed with searching for cs's later on.​

Hm... I guess I should just put it in the Mod/fantasy forums.

By the way, do the demons tend to look kind of like in the SMT games, or something else, or can we just go crazy with their designs?

feel free to make it anything you like. The two I chose just happen to be from the same game.

Hmmm... Angel or human? Probably angel, seeing as how most are human so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.