Horizon Demon Hunter Academy(OOC and Sign-Ups)

Status
Not open for further replies.
nen... what are you doing ... nen don't... nen? NEN!

So if we got a villain, do we put them in the character bin or what?

Pretty sure they need to be posted in the group sign-up thread.

Question of importance! How do the angels work? Like, how do they come into existence, do they have a "childhood" of any sorts, things like that.

Did see there was a character bucket for this. But I posted in it :)

At first it seems like the humans would have the most people going for them, now it seems everyone wants to be an angel. XD

If you want I can make a human lol, or change my character into a human.

Kia at least needs to stay an angel for our character dynamic. Someone making a human would help more, I think. Which is why I switched my good guy to human.

Name: Sheridan Granger

Year: Just joined,my first year.

Appearance:
8769479-anime-girl.jpg

Personality: Eh...it changes with my mood. When I'm happy I'm really friendly and kinda hyper. When I'm mad I tend to take my anger out on trees or inanimate objects. When those are not within reach I'm not very nice... When I'm sad it's the same as when I'm mad because I hate being sad,it makes me feel weak.

History:

Sigh...Of course you would ask that... I guess I'll start as far back as I can remember? Back when I was around seven my parents were killed by demons. I was out at a friend's house at the time and when I was dropped off at home and went inside they were just laying there...dead on the kitchen floor. I screamed and I ran,crying as I did. I was so helpless. What child would ever deserve to go through that? My worst fear at that moment wasn't dying,it was being adopted. I didn't want to be raised in a new family by strangers so I did the only thing I could. I hid from everyone and lived on the streets,never letting myself be seen. I nearly died a lot in the next few years but by the time I was thirteen I could fight and fend for myself pretty well. When I was fifteen I went to try to get a job and I did,I managed it somehow though I was just a waiter at some diner. After a few months of working I got an apartment with the help of a new friend and we shared it,each of us paying half the bills.

But the past comes back to haunt you. Soon after I turned sixteen and I had been training for a while to fight I came home after training and there was my friend,laying dead on the couch with a hole in their chest and various other wounds. Though her eyes were open and staring ahead yet they were glazed over and void off all light. This scene was too alike the one I had seen all those years ago and I broke down,screaming in anguish and crying my heart out. It was the first time in seven years I had cried. When I recovered enough to stand hours later I hunted the demon down and cut his head from his shoulders,burning the body and I kept the skull once I cleared away all the flesh and blood. I still have the skull actually though I keep it a secret. I hate the demons I have but I have them because they help my goal of ridding the world of their kind. I am a likable person if you aren't a demon and I like making new friends but if someone EVER gets in my way when I'm killing a demon it will take a lot for me to even look at them without a glare...

Weapon Specialty: I prefer using a machete and that's what I'm best with. I refuse to use guns or any sort of ranged weapons,only melee and machetes are perfect for that.

Weapons: Not very many actually,just a sword,my trusty machete,and a few hidden knives. Though when I have somewhere to hide it I carry around a mace.

Demons: I have two since this is my first year

First one: His name is Coal because of his bad habit of burning things when he gets mad,or happy for that matter. He has short red hair that barely covers his ears and he's around six feet tall. He has sharp features and gray eyes that seem to grow darker when he's mad. He constantly bothers Sheridan about her absolute hate for all demons but him but she never listens which annoys him enough to make him burn her on occasions without meaning to.

My Second Demon: Coal's little sister. Her name is Sarah. While Coal can just burn things,not light them on fire she can and does it to spite Sheridan. They don't really get along at all. She has black hair unlike her brother that reaches a bit past her shoulders and she is short,only about four and a half feet tall. Though like her brother she has gray eyes that darken when she's mad which is very often around Sheridan. The two girls are constantly glaring at each other and Coal has had to stop a fight on several occasions.

Skills: Sheridan can only burn stuff most of the times but if she gets mad she can use small flames like Sarah. Sheridan is...as quick to anger as Sarah as well but it's hard to get her mad enough to use a flame.

Miscellaneous: Sheridan hates swimming...long story.

Sheridan you are accepted. please post your character in the character bin. and angels do have a childhood. So far my thoughts on them are they do actually have parents who tend to be angels (though mixes do happen however that does not mean they they are considered a mix of the two races. being an angel is an inherited trait, so potential an angel CAN be born by two humans, however this is unlikely.) In the event of the two parents being angels though, they would either care for the child, or the child would grow up in a collective house, if their parents have very important tasks

Character bin?

Hold on i'll post it in the front page.

Ah okay. But I do wonder when this will start.

I will start when we get at least two more characters made. Of course that does not mean they need the demon and/or skill section filled out, as I have previously stated. However I will try to start as soon as those characters are up. Sorry, this is going to be a bit if a busy week. Sat and Sun are when my free time will be most abundant. However if am not able to do much this week and we do get enough characters, then I will create a small post containing a speech by each of the house heads. My characters will likely not be a part of that post in such a case.

Here's the incomplete CS for my human:

Name: Davin "Harken" Theldaven
Year: 3
Appearance:
3d7a809c807925c7681b779e0f5c5ad0.png

Personality: Davin is serious about his training and feels a great deal of guilt when he procrastinates or forgets anything academic. Sometimes he works too hard and wears himself out, so that he makes poor decisions and/or gets himself into trouble in fights. He gets irritated with lazy classmates, as if their poor performance reflects badly on himself or that they considered what they were doing unimportant. So when they're not in training, Davin tends to feel agitated and unsure of what to do with himself. Most of his hobbies center around his desire to live up to his dad, reading books about demons, journals and accounts from hunters that recorded their fights and tricks for handling certain monsters. He exercises a lot to stay in peak shape and practices with his weapon and his powers, but his lack of understanding his own limits means he almost never operates at 100% when on missions.

History: Davin grew up like many kids did, with parents who spent a lot of their time out in the field fighting demons, and expanding the territory of their last bastions. As such, he didn't see them most of the time, and when he did, he had mixed feelings. On the one hand, he was proud to have such strong parents, but on the other, he sometimes felt like they didn't see him as important to them. His relationship with his parents didn't improve much until he turned thirteen and his father received a serious injury that rendered him incapable of fighting. His mother tried to keep fighting for a time, but eventually had to return home as well to help care for her husband who could hardly walk now and needed help to function. From there, Davin felt like he finally got to know his parents. His dad told him stories about their missions, in spite of his mom's wishes, and the close scrapes with death they had. He did some of that as well, when they were still fighting, but now he did it more than ever, and spoke of his former comrades and commanders with a nostalgic, faraway look in his eye. For the bulk of his teenage years, he watched his father go from the strong warrior he'd known into a quiet, composed man that had a wise word and a story for any who would listen. His mother had to stay home and care for her husband and became more involved in raising her son.

In those years, Davin harbored secret feelings of shame for being happy about what happened to his father. He actually felt like they were a family now, but his dad could barely function now, and seemed to be imparting onto Davin his desire to keep fighting. In order to make it up to his father for his dark joy and banish his own feelings of shame, Davin has devoted himself to training for fighting the demons. When he entered the academy, he took to his classes and training with gusto, sometimes working himself so hard, he collapsed from exhaustion.

Weapon Specialty: Sword & Board fighting
Weapons: Longsword and round-shield (~80 cm in diameter), knife, and sidearm pistol when all else fails.

Demons:

Skills:

Miscellaneous:(Nibelsnarfs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.