Horizon Demon Hunter Academy IC (Currently Accepting)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sean was surprised as he heard the squadmates' names go off. He had met with each one earlier, arguing with some, helping one, and having never met the other. It was a team meant to instill drama on the battlefield. Sean came to the conclusion that it was a tactic to vent and create a stronger bond with the other members. He gave a sigh during the briefing with his team and Edispu kept Will in his sight, without staring of course(not that anyone would notice where the pupil-less demon's gaze lie). Edispu sat on his skull for the duration of the briefing. He noticed that many angels had been selected and one other human. Her demons were the same size almost smaller than Edispu, and one mocked his image by wearing the coat of a Reaper. "Man that pisses me off." Edispu looked down at his skull. "I need an off switch for you." His focus quickly shot up finding Will. Sean watched Edispu developing negative emotions directed toward confusion and annoyance. Edispu immediately felt the surge and devoured more of Sean's soul. "That was delicious kid. Thanks."

Sean only scoffed and looked to the headmaster. "We're done right?" He was waved and Sean marched out with his bat on his shoulder and gun hanging from his hand at his side. Edispu had no words, Sean's current mood was feeding him and he'd hate to miss a meal.

~Next Day~
Sean was on a motorcycle. He had holsters for his gun and anything else small he might find and today he had gloves on. Items he normally did not wear as they would allow him to reap student souls with his bare hands. On each glove their was a red dot in between each knuckle and in the center of the palm. Sean needed to focus on these points to prevent any casualties to himself. In his off hand was the bat. "Let's go catch the Pied Piper of Hamlin."

Edispu laughed. "A bunch of children being led to slaughter. Your souls will be in safe hands when you all die."

Sean looked at him as the bike came to life. "Really?"

"Well, someone is unusually talkative. Something wrong?"

"Shut up." Sean looked ahead. He took a deep breath calming himself down. He's using the negativity in my soul. Today is going to be some team exercise.

Edispu jabbed his hand into the skull's eyes. That work? Eureka... Damn I made this thing good. He's calmed down... Well, that's boring. Now I'm hungrier after that little fill. This "pied" piper better taste as good as humans say pie does... Edispu's glare turned to Will. More importantly, you better impress me today Fallen.

Sean's voice boomed above everyone. "I asked around. That's how I got this bike, but more importantly I found out what awaits us. The road obviously is kept watched by demons like mine, they only desire to eat. None of the citizens here have gotten a better look or stayed around long enough for one. The road is actually a highway, but a dead one so I wouldn't worry about carrier traffic. We will head into the "ominous town" once everyone has said their mind and is ready. Hurry up though, I'd like to finish within the week... also, I find this demon's flute of interest. An-"

Damn, so he's doing that again. I would shut him up, but he may be the only way to keep Will alive. These four seemed trained in their ways of fighting, but none of them seem they have any practice with teamwork. Xapham doesn't seem to take to kind of a liking to Sean, must dislike me as well. He's also taken an attachment to Erin. Will most likely has conflicted feelings about the three of us. Erin probably dislikes Sean and the Ayako girl is an unknown variable. My meal better come soon because this is a headache to deal with! Edispu yanked his claws out of the skull and slid down it onto the ground and into the middle of the group. "That's enough bossy! We got it. So, anywho. Here is the catch 22. Demons don't exactly die, with three exceptions. The most obvious, a holy weapon takes their head or pierces their heart. Option number two..." Edispu had started pacing. "Killing the summoner and even then it could be summoned again by someone else. And my personal favorite, solution number three: I eat the demon's soul. This is sure to kill them, but one of you needs to kill him and then either me or Sean needs to reap the soul. Another route if it absolutely must come to it, is that hot ass with gun back there takes him out with a shot of her rifle. Not only is it a safer kill, but also more convenient. However, Sean is bound to sacrifice his life to get me food and I protect and guide him. Another note..." Edispu stopped staring at Ayako's demons. "You two disgust me. Siding with humans at your own will. Humans are food not friends. Sean, I'm going on ahead. Meet up with when me you all can." Edispu began running and then jumped landing on his skull as it carried him across the street.​

"Could you please keep it down?"

Beate Acker would appear on the scene shortly after Lyle, a book in her hand, a spear on her back, and little expression on her face. If they were gonna go on a long trip, she may as well keep herself entertained. Right? Well, that was probably a normal person's reasoning, though even then, an actual normal person would probably just spend the trip on their pieces of technology or so. But either way, it seemed that Zauberer, lying comfortably on Beate's head, seemed to suggest otherwise.

"Now now, Beate. Maybe yelling and cursing is how he expresses himself. Much like how you express yourself by... not expressing yourself."

"..."

"Ahem. Anyway, I'm still surprised you decided to bring along a book. You don't normally read those kinds of things."

"Is that so?"

"Must I remind you that you are reading Catching the Insurgents, the sequel to The Divergent Games? The oh-so thrilling, original story of a young, strong-willed girl standing up against the evil government? You aren't the kind of person who is interested by that, Beate."

Heh.

And who said subtlety was dead?

Still, Zauberer could suspect Beate's real reason, and though it worried him to an extent, it was harmless for the time being, so he let it slide. Now, anwyay...

"But either way, suit yourself. I'm not here to question your choice in books. By the way, I think you'll love the ending! ... As much as you could love anything."

Beate simply nodded, before glancing at Lyle again with her usual emotionless eyes.

"In any case, even if it might turn out to be nothing, something does seem... odd," she said, tilting her head with the last word, "If it really was nothing, then our services would not be required. Would you not agree?"

@~\The Talentless/~ @Sir Pinkleton @Reanimator Bob @XxDreamingxX

-Dawn of the day-
Wesley was listening to some tune that he sang out loud while flying rather fast to where they were supposed to meet up. He didn't give a fuck if someone heard him. The only people here were cool enough. He finally found the place where he was to meet the group. he cracked open a book and waited until he heard the mechanical roar of a motorcycle. Oh boy... it was Sean. He wasn't too bad... But his demon was better. He stood up from a rock her was sitting on. "So. I'm not sure if I should pitch a tent or not. because we will have to wait until night to heard the Fiddling fuckstick." He smiled at his own statement and showed a lot of interest in the demon as it spoke.

Suddenly the demon started mentioning things about killing tactics. "All angel weapons are base lined as holy. the only person with need to worry are the humans here. Me and Erin can potentially handle some demons, but leave some for pup... he probably gets hungry." Suddenly the demon said something... 'hot ass with the gun' Well. That was unexpected. Wesley laughed at the slur. It was brutally crude for what it was. He just called her sniper or sniper chick... But hot ass with a gun? That was a first. he barely blushed as the statement ran through his head. He punched Erin in the arm jokingly. "Come on 'hot ass' let's go do some scouting or something." he put air quotes around the hot ass part so that she knew he was kidding. he dropped the bag he had on his back, it kicked up a fair amount of dust and had a hell of a lot of stuff in it. camping supplies and the like.

Last edited by a moderator:
((OoC: Sorry for the hasty quality. Lucas's will be up tomorrow.))

The bore. Ayako knew precisely what her title was. It wasn't exactly flattering, but it was better than the nickname she'd gotten back home - the watchdog. That in and of itself wasn't so terrible, but it was so easy for it to be translated to bitch. Look out, the Angel's watchdog is coming through. Look out, the bitch is coming. They knew she heard them, they meant for her to, but they still whispered as she passed. Speaking of which, she wondered how Aimi was doing.

Ayako was standing very still, her feet together in a very precise manner, a small pack on her back and her black naginata in one hand. Her black eyes were scanning the scenery, waiting for the others in her group. As usual, Shimei-sama was talking without pausing to draw breath, his voice whispering over her ear as he hovered above her right shoulder. He was talking about how many people were in their group and what he thought of each and every one of them. A boy passed them singing loudly and the little demon broke off his sentence and slid smoothly into an explanation of the song he was singing and which notes were slightly out of place. At this point, the Japanese girl had learned to filter out the constant rustling noise right by her right ear, unless he tapped her on the head to get her attention.

She let out a quiet sigh, forcibly reminded that she knew no one here despite having attended the school for three years. Death and Pestilence were her best friends. It was no wonder that she had no human friends. Ayako sometimes wondered which way around it was. Did she have no human friends because her best friends were a pair of the creepiest demons around, or were her best friends a pair of unpleasant demons because no humans wanted to be her friend? She was suddenly jerked out of her thoughts by one of the boys' voices. It was the only other human there. Both he and his demon were bossy, clearly deciding that they were the big boss of the group. They already knew the different ways to kill demons. What was the point of classes if they didn't teach at least that much?

But that last comment particularly rankled. Who was this ugly little dog to judge her only friends? For a moment, anger flashed in her eyes, but then a tiny, clammy hand pressed against her neck. "Don't listen to it, Ayako." A familiar, raspy voice croaked in her left ear. When he was being handled, Nororo simply looked and felt like a voodoo doll, but when he was moving himself, he smelt, felt, and sounded like the very embodiment of sickness. The thin scent of sterilizing agents and rotting flesh tickled her nose along with the cold touch, and she gave a quick shiver before relaxing. That was his way of calming her down. Shimei-sama knocked on the side of her head with one of his white, bony hands. He was holding his scythe away from her. Even in his miniature form, the scythe was dangerous. He was not shaped like a reaper for no reason. In his full form, if that scythe even lightly touched a living being, the energy that allowed it to live - in other words, it's soul - would be completely extinguished. Unlike other reapers, Shimei-sama didn't absorb or consume souls. It was simply that, as soon as he touched anything alive, its soul would simply cease to exist.

She tilted her head towards the enigmatic creature, noticing the evil grin, and asked quietly, "Yes, Shimei-sama?"

He hadn't stopped or started talking, he had simply continued and she heard him say things that were clearly not what he'd been trying to tell her when he first caught her attention. "If it is not siding with the human of its own will, it must just be a slave. Poor it. Poor, poor it. Slave." The small creature giggled quietly in a way that would've sent shivers up Ayako's spine had she not been so used to it. "It must have entered into the contract to get something from that human, and that human must have wanted something from it. It always starts that way, the balance. I want to see the balance break. It always breaks." It giggled away. A contract of mutual desire, huh? Ayako had only actually heard of these kinds of contracts once she'd arrived at Horizon, and it still did not make any sense to her. Once one or the other no longer needed the other, the balance wouldn't be balanced anymore. Wouldn't that be dangerous? If Shimei-sama and Nororo were with her like that, there would no doubt be a day where they'd simply kill her. They were demons meant to kill, after all. No, she'd much rather be friends with Death and Pestilence than uneasy allies. Still, the death demon muttered on. "They know something, but they don't know enough, no. A self-appointed boss in a newly formed group is sure to simply cause conflict. Not smart, not smart at all, but they know enough to speak. Listen for now, but do not expect the situation to play out as they say. They don't know enough at all. Who it is, where it is, what it wants. They don't know. Sad, sad. They want to make themselves the boss. They want to cause conflict." And abruptly changing the subject with no pause at all, he spoke directly to Ayako. "I want to go up and see."

She shook her head, "You can go up yourself, Shimei-sama." There was a slight admonishment to her tone, but he continued to insist in his whispery voice, a pout on his dark, formless face. Finally, she gave in. The black-haired girl lifted her hand, bringing one crooked finger up to the right shoulder, where the demon was hovering. Bird-like feet popped out of the bottom of the hood and grasped the proffered finger tightly, biting into her skin as she brought the demon forward in front of her. Slowly, she curled her finger down more, to her thumb and then flicked upwards. The black-hooded creature went rocketing upwards, spinning to get a good view of the town ahead before falling rapidly, twisting as he went. Just as it seemed like he was going to crash into the girl's finger, he slowed sharply and landed gracefully on one foot on her finger, balancing comically. A small giggle slipped from her lips and she smiled, barely listening as he described the town for her. He had, of course, wanted to see the city properly, but he had mostly done it that way because it was fun and amused Ayako. Nororo clapped quietly, though he wasn't smiling much. He never smiled unless he was close to negative energy. The reaper-demon knocked her on the head again and urged her to follow the "slave dog demon" into the town and find a good place to set up camp, as the singing boy had suggested. In preparation, he grabbed the thin braid that hung from the right side of her head and wrapped it securely around her ponytail, though he paid no attention to the curse-type demon - it wasn't quite that easy to shake off an illness. She started forward, following his instructions and paying little attention to her teammates. Teamwork would simply have to come later, when they knew what they were actually up against. As she passed him, though, she glanced at the boy on the motorcycle, wondering what exactly his relationship with his demon was. Her black eyes failed to express any emotion as she did so, though she was completely unaware of the cold way in which her eyes seemed to flash through him.

Last edited:
Erin

Aw hell yeah! Finally gonna see some action! Erin was getting restless with all these classes. Not to mention she was going to be with two pretty decent people. Then there was that Dog and his partner. But lets not think about that. If all goes well, they won't even need to speak to each other. Ayako was... alright?... Truth be told, Erin wasn't too fond of her. She just wasn't really fun. He didn't hate her, hell she didn't even dislike her! She just wasn't fun. Ah well. Things could be worse.

And they were.

Music. Erin liked music, but she didn't want to have to LOOK for the cause of music on a mission!? She wanted to blow stuff up! Or at least, shoot a few holes in some demons!... Good thing that dog is there.

-------The Next Day--------

That stupid dog... I'm going to kill him... Though it was flattering to say the least. Then um... uh... What's this guy's name? Shit, shit shit! How could she not know his name! He probably knows hers. And if that's the case, I'm a terrible person. I needs to learn his name and quick. But I can't just ask! That'd only make things worse. Okay, just act natural!

"I look forward to that 'Or Something.'"

That was a pick up line... Not even that. That was flat out an innuendo. Oh God, I've become Yosuke.
----------------

Unfortunatly, Will got in another fight. He got pretty beat up, so he couldn't participate. Needless to say, Erin was slightly disappointed

And so Squad 16 was taking a transport along the road. It stopped about four miles from the town in question. It was eerily quiet on the road, even as the transport zoomed off.
-----------------

"Achow!!!"

"Gah... That was weird... I don't even have
allergies."

Yosuke

Yosuke and his group were all in a jeep, heading off towards their destination. A mine not far from there. They were dropped off at the opening.

"Well... Let's get started, eh?"

-------------------

Squad 21

Like the rest of the groups, they too were dropped off near their investigation site. It was a short walk from their to the reservoir.​

Reactions: ~\The Talentless/~

Squad 21

Like the rest of the groups, they too were dropped off near their investigation site. It was a short walk from their to the reservoir.​
Well, that wasn't so bad. Alright, no time to waste, no time to dilly-dally.

Beate began to examine the reservoir for the aforementioned contamination, wondering if there was any info that she and the group could ascertain from here before making their next move. If they had to be called for a job like this, it could only mean this was the work of demons, probably trying to wantonly end human lives.

Well, law of the jungle. Kill or be killed. But the fighting would have to wait for now, assuming there were any, which was a likely probability in Beate's opinion. Zauberer wasn't gonna be much help, that was for sure.

@Reanimator Bob @~\The Talentless/~ @Sir Pinkleton @XxDreamingxX

• Love
((Ooc: Sorry this is so short. Also, I'm assuming that the mine is... dark. If anyone has any problems with that, please correct me.))

Lucas didn't know anything about his teammates, considering he didn't much care about other people if they didn't either teach him or get in his way. He did, however, care about them now, as teamwork was an important thing. He wasn't pleased about it, but if they were a bad team, they would trip each other up without a doubt. He looked around him as they stood at the entrance of the mine. His expression was impossible to read, as he himself didn't quite know what he was feeling. Anticipation? Hate? Unease? No. There was nothing there at all. The hate would come if he caught sight of a demon, but right now, he simply felt nothing but boredom. "Soo-young." He said, in a bored voice, and the bracelet wrapped around his wrist came to life, a head unwinding and swaying upwards from the mass of metal. Its red eyes gleamed and a forked tongue flickered out of its mouth for a second, as the rest of its body continued to shift, spreading out and coiling around his arm in smooth, snakey motions. "Record." He commanded simply, in Korean.

He withdrew something that looked like a thick, fingerless glove from his pocket and pulled it onto his right hand. It lit up, his on/off switch power activating the thin battery inside. It was a risk, announcing their presence with a light, but they were bound to make plenty noise anyways, and he'd rather be able to see where he was going. He stepped a little into the mine, but turned his head to look back at his teammates, a slight British note to his accent. "Let's make introductions and assess our assets as we go, shall we? From what we were told, the demons are mainly active in surreptitious ways, so it's unlikely they'll come for us head on, but I still intend to keep my eyes wide open. I'd prefer to stay alive." It didn't matter to him if his teammates died, as long as they did it quietly, so he wasn't about to boss them around.

@XxDreamingxX, @Reanimator Bob, @Angelic Fusion

[fieldbox= Juliette Seymour, Yellow, solid]
6dcd59a0-f3f6-4478-b96a-79580bed9d39_zpszmnj6xut.jpg

[17 | Single | Human | Fort Bismark | @Verite @~\The Talentless/~ @Sir Pinkleton]

Being directed outside the Briefing Room, Juliette sighed softly and leanef against a nearby. Was there no point to entering that room after all? Her question was left unanswered as her and three others were led away the others as a group. A group thing? She asked yourself, staring at those around her. After a short bit, Samuel and Lukas turned their attention tp their group. Contaminated water in Fort Bismark? And I thought this would be exciting. She thought as a long, soft sigh escapes her lips. She could feel the head of the houses staring at her so she
looked up and met their cold gaze. She must have been the only one to see cause those around her were shuffling about and leaving. Following, she exited the building but broke off from the group and headed to the training grounds. As she walked, Juliette's heels clicked against the pavement and her blonde hair swayed with each step. Normally, Aida and Anzu would have followed but they had decided to head back to the room and rest. She disappeared from everyone's sight, which was actually a good thing cause it meant you could concentrate.

Hourd passed, and Juliette had finally decided she'd trained enough. By now, the sky was black and littered with stars. Staring at the moon, she guessed it was around eleven pm. Smiling softly to herself, Juliette sheathed her dual swords and sat on the cool ground. Laying on her back, Juliette put her hands behind her head and stared at the sky. Without even realizing it, she had passed out but slightly awoke at the feeling of being carried and the warmth of a body. However, she was too tired to look at who it was and slipped back into sleep.

~~~~The Next Day~~~~

Juliette awoke early, sitting up and yawning. Looking down at herself, she saw that she was in her pajamas and in bed. The events of last night played through her head and Juliette turned a deep crimson. Someone had took her to her room, changed her into her pajamas, and laid her down. Turning to face her Demons, she saw they were asleep and sighed softly. They probably didn't see who it was. She decided, climbing out of bed. By the look at her clock, Juliette had twenty minutes to be ready and have eaten breakfast. Enough time. Slipping out of her silk like pajamas, Juliette threw them on her bed and quickly got dressed. As usual, she wore something cute yet casual. It was her usual style and one she always received compliments about. With a soft sigh, Juliette walked over to her bed abd reached over to Anzu and Aida.
"C'mon. Time to get up, sleepyheads." She barked, gently shaking their little bodies. The Demons awoke and stood up on the bed. Glancing at the clock, she saw alarm on their eyes before they quickly cleaned themselves up. As they did this, Juliette unlocked her door and was heading out when the Demons quickly made their way to her side. Shutting the door, she grabbed a silver key and with a click, slipped the key back into her pocket.

Sitting down at the table with her breakfast, Juliette quickly ate and oncr again split an apple in two for her Demons. The minute she finished, Juliette stood and walked up to the older women. She handed her the tray then quickly made her way to the bus with Aida and Anzu right beside her. They reached it in time and climbed inside just before it left. Walking towardd the back, she sat down and helped Aida up while Anzu flied down beside her. Once they were comfortable, Juliette checked and made sure she had all her weapons. And she did. Might as well relax since this'll take a while. She thought before placing her chin in her palm.

~~~~A While Later~~~~

Juliette climbed off the bus with her Demons at her side, only to find one of her teammates complaining. Rolling her eyes, she walked over to him. "Stop complaining." She snapped, placing a hand on her hip. "It's annoying." She added before looking around. Aida and Anzu stood at her feet, quietly conversing among themselves. Hearing a feminine voice behind her, Juliette turned her head to see another group member. She nodded fimrly in agreement to what she said, before walking off, her Demons in tow.

The group stood beside the reservoir and Juliette stared down at the mucky water. Indeed, it was contaminated. And pretty badly too. It was a good thing no one drank this cause they'd most likely die within three days, if not sooner. Sighing softly, she stood up straight again snd lookef at the group.
"Well, it's definitely the work of the demons. The water is far too dangerous to have been the work of someone in Fort Bismark. On that note, no human would try to dehydrate the human race and the people take great care of the reservoir." She reported, her voice filled with confidence and affirmation. The only question now was where were the Demon?

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Harmony Golding, Pink, solid]
d0069d19-0082-4d5f-a9ef-dfbcf6bd5969_zpsqg9yejme.jpg

[17 | Single | Angel | Loxdon | @Reanimator Bob @firejay1 @Angelic Fusion]

Although she wondered why they were herded out of the Briefing Room, Harmony didn't question it. She listened to her superiors as they were split into three groups and given different assignments. Her group was first and they were told about a mine that had recent strange activity going on inside. A smile spread across her face and Harmony became excited about tomorrow. Because her superiors had to speak with the other two groups, Harmony hung around with her squad. She conversed in idle cbehindat with one of the others. The sound of shifting and footsteps behind her told the Angel that people were leaving. Turning, she followed and soon stepped outside. Stopping, she opened her wings and rose into the air. Flying around, she saw Juliette break off from the group and go to practice. Deciding to leave her be, Harmony flew off towards the dorm building, her pink hair flowing behind her.

Harmony opened the door into her room and stepped in. She closed the door behind her with a soft click, then sighed softly. Her body ached from the days lessons and sleep was the only thing on her mind. Slipping out of her clothes, Harmony climbed into her bed with only her bra and underwear on. Throwing the blankeys over her, Harmony passed out moments after her head hit the pillow.

~~~~The Next Day~~~~

The loud beeping awoke Harmony and she yawned widely. Reaching out her arm, she slammed her alarm off then got comfy. She loved sleeping and did it whenever she had a chance. Suddenly, she remembered what today wad and flung her blankey off her. Cold air met her bare body and Harmony shivered. She didn't like the cold and preferred warmth. Standing up, she walked over to her closet and looked through it until finding todays outfit. Once dressed in her usual style of clothes, Harmony exited her room and locked it behind her.

Breakfast was as good as usual and since she had time, Harmony had two servings. Breakfast Burrito, orange juice, and yogurt. Once she felt full after her second helping, Harmony stood with her tray and walked up to the older women. With a thank you, she handed her the tray then walked off towards the bus. Climbing in, she sat in the left front seat. A few others boarded before the doors closed and they were off. Harmont double checked to make sure she had everything she needed, and with a firm nod leaned back. Staring out the window, she merely waited to get the Loxdon.

~~~~A While Later~~~~

The Angel climbed off the bus and was met with her teammates. Smiling, she raised her had and waved.
"Hey!" She greeted warmly, walking over to them. Once she was close enough, she out her hand down and stopped beside them. A jeep pulled up and Harmont climbed inside after everyone else boarded. The second she sat down the driver stepped on it, as though being with them for a long period of time would be bad. They werr dropped off outside the mine and the person took off without a word. Harmony watched as he zoomed off but her attention was soon snagged by light coming from behind her. Turning around, she saw one of her teammates had turned on a flashlight of sorts and was heading into the mine. Followig after, Harmony listened to what he said. "I think we'd all prefer to stay alive." She said as though it was the most obvious thing ever. But then again, it pretty much was. No one was ready and willing to die. Even if they said otherwise.

[/fieldbox]​

• Love
Lyle listened quietly to Beate's conversation with her demon, "heh, I like your demon, but I'm not liking you too much" He said sarcastically with a smile.
"Lyle... don't start..." The shadow demon spoke, only to have Lyle shrug it off and look away. "just stating some facts" And as he said that, the transport came. He was about to get on, when yet another lady told him about his complaining which only pushed him some more. he stepped onto the bus and sat down on whatever seat he could find. And once everyone was seated, he stood up and cleared his throat loudly so he could draw his teams attention. "Alright guys, so far with the introductions I've gotten, it seems I am not favored among the rest, and I could honestly care less, but please keep your snarky comments to yourself, to allow for a successful mission, Especially you miss condescending" He explained looking at Juliette, then turning to Beate "and you missy...Haven't found a nickname for you yet... but don't worry I will..." he then nodded before sitting down. Introductions were always fun.

_______LATER_______

Once they arrived at the location, Lyle stepped off, pulled a cigarette out and placed it between his lips before lighting the stick and inhaling, Beate decided to take the lead, and he just followed behind. He exhaled the smoke from his lips, then holding the stick between his pointer finger and his middle "ahhh, Fort Bismark, This ground here used to be germany, and in that fort has both prewar technology and well rather advanced technology. Its pretty amazing" He explained before standing near the lake. "so miss observant, any guess of what caused this" He asked Beate.

@XxDreamingxX @Verite

Last edited:
"Demons," Beate replied to Lyle bluntly. Well, she did give her opinion.

Juliette made some good points. May as well write them down somewhere when she could.

"In order to track down said demons to confirm my hypothesis, we must investigate further," She spoke curtly without even saying any more, walking around the area to see if there were any signs that it had been tampered with, demonic presence or not.

Still perched atop her head, Zauberer would give a sigh. "A team of misfits indeed... I wonder how the others are doing."

• Love
"Or something..? What? Do you want to do something else? We should stick to the mission, and worry about other things later. We don't exactly have time for or something..." Did... did she just try and pick up on him..? Or did she want to just do something else..? That girl was an enigma to Wesley. He didn't know if she was good to be around or not. For the time being, she was the only other angel here. So it was a good thing. He sighed and looked at the sun. it was setting... It'd be down in a few hours. Then the good part of the mission can start. Right now though, it'd be a bit crucial to finding a place to set up a small camp until then. Or finding some kind of smaller civilization off the outskirts of the town, it'd make trying to find the fiddling much easier. But for now he was waiting for Erin to lead. She had the keen eye... and the scope... She'd just be better at surveying in general. But instead she was having some kind of inner discussion. Wesley just waited and was ready to follow when she wanted to go.

Edispu was simply floating along the road. Unlike humans he no longer needed rest. He had been asleep for centuries and being with the boy has taught him to keep his feeding frenzy on the down low, but now he was able to go on a rampage. Free of his leash Edispu looked toward the woods for food. Just about anything would do, besides a boring animal of course. Their souls were quite bland and boring. Soon he got bored of floating and slid off his skull and pulling it down onto his head at the same time.

"Gah. Investigation is so boring. And I doubt those idiotic children even listened to me. I don't think I'll get Mr. Pie all to myself after all..." Edispu looked up to the sky and noticed the sun setting. "...Oh, well." Edispu's stomach grumbled. "Maybe I should have brought Sean. He would have been amazing bait. I mean I have a bunch of tasty souls built up inside me!" Edispu stopped and leaned in to the forest with his hand on his ear. Nothing. He began walking on all fours and thinking. Sean didn't have much experience on the field and Edispu had no experience in luring demons. Sean spent most of his whole first year training his skill with Edispu's soul reaper and honing his soul abilities like reaping. As a result the pair are excellent killers, but terrible at actually hunting them. "This sucks. I'll never eat at this rate!" Edispu stopped. "Someone's following me? It's human. I can smell two other presences as well." Edispu turned to see the unknown variable's soul following him in the distance. "The human lovers..." Edispu kept walking forward paying no mind, but then halted again. She was human and perfect bait for demons to attack. With the sun setting it would be the perfect moment for them to strike. Edispu ran like the dog he was to the girl and skidded around her happily trying to stop. Realizing the dog had taken over again he stopped. "Damn, this thing's feeble mind." Ignoring their presence and focused on food he watched the woods with his peripheral and the road with forward vision.

MEANWHILE...

Sean leaned on his bikes handlebars. Looking to the two still remaining, one kept suggesting camping, but the town was only three hours away by walking and thirty minutes by bike. Sean thought about exhaustion and came to the conclusion that this is why he suggested it. What he didn't understand is why they didn't just use their wings and fly. Thinking about what Edispu had taunted him for earlier prevented him from speaking much more. His only words being goodbyes. "Later." Sean revved the bikes engine and took off for the town. He was going at a cruising speed. His aura of negativity easily detectable by the group of demons surrounding Ayako as he passed.

Ayako was walking down the road, her demons still right with her, when she heard the motorbike rev and the boy sped past them. She opened her mouth to consider asking for a ride, but right at that moment, Nororo put both his hands on her cheek, and when she turned to look at him, he was grinning widely. In other words, "bad mojo." Oookay then, probably not a good idea to bother him at the moment. Looked like it was going to be a long walk. Nothing she hadn't done before. She continued down the path, but had barely gotten a step further when the authoritative dog demon from earlier came bouncing up to her like an excited puppy, nearly tripping her as he scooted around her ankles. With a small sigh, she stopped and crouched down in front of it. She held out her hand and asked simply, "Would you like a ride?"

Shimei-sama tapped her on the head again, "it's a reaper, too" she heard him whisper, before he began chattering about what reapers were, etc etc.

She shrugged. "What does it matter?" Both of her demons just looked across her shoulders at each other in a sort of resigned silence. That's right, it was Ayako. You've killed people before? It doesn't matter. People get fatally ill if you want them to? Totally not important. You're a demon? So what? All that matters is that you have a soul, because grudges get no one anywhere, and I certainly don't have the energy to expend keeping one. It was what had first interested them about her, but it did get frustrating when she put her life in danger over it. Teammate or not, constantly hungry reapers were trouble. Shimei-sama just shook his hooded head and slightly strengthened the thin barrier around her that prevented supernatural powers from affecting her too much. It wouldn't be able to stop a determined reaper, but it would certainly make it a little more difficult to siphon off her life force just because it was convenient. She had already turned her attention back to the dog. "Well? It's a long way to the village." She shrugged, not much minding whatever his choice was.

@ShiroKiyoshi

Squad 9

As the group entered the dark mine, a faint rumbling could be heard deep inside. It seemed like heavy machinery running. Around them, broken equipment littered the floors. It was obvious that mining was being done. The only way to learn more was to head inside. For fear of getting lost, Yosuke called upon Ambrosia, who tied a piece of silk to a rock outside, and brought it along with her.

"Don't worry, That silk is stronger than steel cable. It's going to take a bit of work to cut that off. Let's head deeper."

The further they went, the louder the tunnel became. The floor began to rumble slightly, as the clanging of machinery was clearly heard alongside the shouts of... something.

They soon could see a dim light at the end of the tunnel. The noises were louder, and they could clearly tell that something was talking. There was a large chamber filled with working goblins. They could see karts filled with strange gems, all of which were a glassy black. But there was a strange tint to them. It was difficult to name the color. Whatever it was, they seemed unnatural.

"Alright, there are two options here. Either we slaughter them all and ask questions later, or we try to find the head of this operation and deal with this with minimal confrontation."

---------------------------

Squad 16

They walked for about two hours, but they were finally at the town. However, it didn't fit the description they got at all. The town was lively, filled with music, dancing and food. It seemed to be some sort of festival.

"Well hey, we may not be fighting demons, but I'm always down for a some partying!"

There was one thing that did match the report they had received, and that was the fiddle. It could be heard originating from the center of the town. It was lively, and rhythmic, but there was something... Off about it. Either the townsfolk seemed happy and healthy. And the food looked good.

---------------------------

Squad 21

The water was a sickening brown, except for the center. The center seemed to be a deep red. The bank was littered with sticks and aquatic plants, and the sand had tracks leading to the shore, as if something was dragged.​

Squad 21

The water was a sickening brown, except for the center. The center seemed to be a deep red. The bank was littered with sticks and aquatic plants, and the sand had tracks leading to the shore, as if something was dragged.​
"Huh. That's weird," Zauberer would comment upon observing the strange color and the center, his tail wagging somewhat curiously as he and Beate would examine the clues that they would find. Wordlessly, the ghostly girl would follow the tracks left on the sand, not seeming to wait for the others to come and follow her.

"Hey, y'know, I believe this was a mission that required teamwork. Don't go off doing everything on your own."

"I believe we should follow this trail, everyone."

"... Good enough."

Squad 21

Lyle nodded his head from Beates statement. Once the trail was made apparent, the ashen haired teen couldn't help but notice the marks this trail had. Lyle loved to observe his surrounding, it was always told a story. He knelt down to get a closer look. "what do you see Lyle?" The shadow demon spoke, sounding like a hush whisper.

"these tracks look like fingers digging into the sand, obviously struggling to get free from whatever dragged him into that..." he looked down the trail that led into the lake. "OKAY, I'm gonna make a guess and say that yes there is a demon, It looks like it drags whatever it can get. So... Don't get too close to the water without having another a partner" he warned

@Verite @XxDreamingxX

[fieldbox= Juliette Seymour, Yellow, solid]
6dcd59a0-f3f6-4478-b96a-79580bed9d39_zpszmnj6xut.jpg

[17 | Single | Human | Fort Bismark | @Verite @~\The Talentless/~ @Sir Pinkleton]

Juliette stared down at the water, and soon noticed the blood red center. Staring at it, her eyes narrowed and Anzu began growling. Without warning, a red flame engulfed the Chimera. The flame grew and Juliette stood back, when a blue flame engulfed Aida. Both flames grew large then suddenly disappeared, showing what it had been hiding. The furball with wings had became a large, eight foot beast while the other furball with a horn had become a seven foot beast. True sights to behold. Sighing softly, Juliette turned to her Demon companions. "Keep alert. If anything happens to this team, that's someone we could have used to fight." She muttered to the two, making sure the others hadn't heard. Human or Demon. With a slight smile, the young women turned and looked at the sand trail. Indeed, someone seemed to have been struggling which piqued Juliette's interest and made her want to meet the Demon even more than before. With her two, now large, Demons beside her on each side, Juliette continued on their way, following behind the others. She listened to what they said and rolled her eyes. "Yeah, let's just point out everything that's so obvious. Cause that's gonna get us closer to solving this mystery, right?" Juliette said sarcastically, causing Anzu to laugh and Aida to look at her disapprovingly. "Juli, really? Their just trying to help." The soft, calm voice of Aida made Juliette smirk. "Well, pointing out what we can all clearly see isn't helping at all." She replied, raising her eye brows at the Qilin. Seeing the look in her partners eyes, it was easy to tell she agreed with Juliette. "Hey, when are we gonna fight? I wanna see this Demon." Came the rough, male voice of Anzu. Entwining her fingers together, Juliette put her arms behind her head and leaned her head against her arm support. "Hopefully soon." She replied, before sighing softly. Putting her arms down, Juliette rushed over to the others and her Demons followed behind. A small smirk was plastered on Juliette's face as she walked. Although no one could tell, Juliette thought of her teammates as pawns instead of humans. And the one behind the moves was her. Which meant she wasn't allowed to hesitate at all. Something she had come to learn throughout her years.
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Harmony Golding, Pink, solid]
d0069d19-0082-4d5f-a9ef-dfbcf6bd5969_zpsqg9yejme.jpg

[17 | Single | Angel | Loxdon | @Reanimator Bob @firejay1 @Angelic Fusion]

Harmony could immediately feel slight tremors beneath her and the very faint noise of machinery. She stared ahead of her of what lied beyond, but her attention was snagged when she felt the presence of a Demon and it's link to the one of whom it served. Turning her head, she watched as the woodland spirit tied a piece of silk to a rock outside the mine. With one glance, she could already tell how hard it was. However, she still listened to Yosuke as he told the others. Looking at the others, she could tell they were ready to move on and nodded once. Turning her attention back to the mine, Harmony continued down the path. The spirit followed closely, the silk attached to it and allowing them not to get lost, but others to find them. Stopping, Harmony quickly ran back to the opening of the cave and examined how the spirit tied it. After a close examination and one minute, she had untied it. Although it was very strong, it was as light as silk and felt like it. She grabbed the end of it and ran back to the others, silently handing it to the spirit and asking her to put it away in a whisper. Harmony's eyes were kind but they showed fierceness. She wouldn't allow someone becoming curious and following them into a soon-to-be battlefield. Once the spirit had agreed, Harmony smiled then returned to her position beside Yosuke. She could feel their curious looks and smiled. "Sorry. I got a rock in my shoe." She lied before turning to face the path. As they got closer, the ground became to slightly shake and the sound of grinding metal told her that there was defiantly machinery. However, they showed no signs of slowing and Harmony pushed on with her team. After a few minutes, a dim light came from up ahead and the shout she heard earlier had become louder. But the one who was shouting spoke in a different tongue. One all the other miners seemed to understand. It sounded familiar. Goblins! She thought when it came to her. They were known to be small, ugly creatures who were agile and able to wield small weapons. But they are thieves and skilled in that line of work. Without saying, Harmony ran and soon stood at the entrance of a large cave. Carts with glossy black gems and a close related dark purple tint in them. Looking around, she saw only Goblins. Hearing Yosuke, she turned to him with such eyes it was like a flame was ignited within them. "We cannot rush in blindly. Goblins are agile and sneaky beings. They are not to be taken lightly and it's even harder to fight them when their in groups." She explained, before turning back to stare at the large mining center before her. She scanned the area, trying to find some way to fight them. A smile suddenly plastered her face but it fell when she turned to them, and her previous expression returned. "Goblins cannot fly and are only able to fight on ground. However, I can. We'll use that as an advantage. There's lots of space in there for me to fly, and I can use my magic to fight while you three fight on the ground." She told them, before her expression became one of grave seriousness. "But beware. If you see a certain glint in a Goblins eye, signal me and I'll come to help. You'll know it when you see it." She added, before putting a hand out into the middle of the group. "Who's with me?" She asked them, looking at those before her.
[/fieldbox]​

((OoC: Sorry, Lucas is a bit of an uh... donkey butt. Please don't take it to heart.))

The walk into the mines was unproductive. Contrary to his suggestion, no one bothered to introduce themselves or give proper stock of their abilities. Then again, he wasn't a leader, why should he care? There were definitely sounds of activity inside the caves. It took one look, and Lucas's hate was burning full-throttle. He was prepared to slaughter every last one of them, but the boy had a point. People seemed to think being consumed by hate made you irrational, but it only did if you let it. The black rocks were definitely suspect, and goblins were low-level demons, agile or not. What had gotten them to organize and what were they doing here? Both were questions that needed answering. At that precise moment, the rather chipper Mrs. Obvious from earlier put on her "I'm so serious" look, and laid out a battle plan. Boom, there we go, that's all we need to know. You fly around in the air, and we'll fight on the ground. GREAT PLAN. "Certain glint" was also possibly the most expressive phrase he'd ever heard. He knew exactly what she was talking about. She didn't seem to realize he was an angel, either, which was perfectly alright with him. His wings were for when he needed them, the very expression of his hate. He didn't need a girl like that to know anything about them.

His face twitched in an expression of disgust for just a moment as she put her hand in the middle, as if they were doing some sort of cheerleader shout. He ignored her unequivocally. "It makes much more sense to snoop around more, to find out what exactly is going on, and if there even is a leader. Then, we can slaughter them. No reason to let them live." The look in his golden eyes was cold and almost evil, though his voice remained soft. "And for that purpose, it would not be a great idea to go flying in there, literally or otherwise, making ourselves obvious." He eyed the girl pointedly, slight disdain in his gaze. "Decisions, decisions." He said, mockingly. If they did decide to attack directly, he'd just go off and snoop anyways, maybe join in later.

@Angelic Fusion, @XxDreamingxX, @Reanimator Bob

Edispu had ignored every word the three had said. All he wanted was food. So, when he heard Ayako address him he shook his paw in dismissal chanting. "Mhm, mhm." Whether she picked him up or not didn't matter to Edispu. If she was his ticket to food he'd let her do whatever she wanted. As the group moved forward Edispu got grumpier and grumpier to the point to where if Ayako had picked him up he would force himself out of her arms. "Nothing! Not a single attack! Who surveyed this area?! I'll eat their soul for wasting my time!" Edispu had done a backbend and exhausted a huge pillar of soul fire into the air. He bent forward dragging his tail in the dirt behind him as the group kept going.

MEANWHILE...

Sean had been at the town for a couple hours now. He had surveyed the town, but found nothing and was greeted by many and offered food. "What's going on?" As he pushed past people with soul reaper in hand he began to notice something. The flute. He couldn't hear it. "This doesn't make any sense..." Soul Reaper had then changed itself into a scythe. A weapon meant to fit its master, a scythe best suited the worrying Sean and his new training. The sudden change made him jump. It didn't do it often. "Huh? Oh. I see, I'm changing after all." Now uneasy and with a weird feeling of comfort holding the scythe, Sean pushed back toward the gates of the town and waited for the group to arrive. He drove the scythe into the ground and leaned against the wall with his arms crossed. Ayako and her group were the first to arrive. Soul Reaper's change didn't mean anything other than Sean's tastes or likes changing, so Edispu made no comment and instead kept mumbling as he walked over and plopped next to the boy. Behind them came the two angels, Sean raised his hand waving to them to make their position known as they came around the trees.

@TwistedPainter @Reanimator Bob @firejay1

Ayako shrugged and picked up the demon, but almost an hour into the walk, he jumped out of her arms, clearly upset about the lack of souls to feed on. Once they reached the gates of the small town, he hopped over to his master, or whatever the human was to him. The instant Ayako crossed the threshold she felt intensely uncomfortable, along with both of her demons. This had nothing to do with any kind of magical force. It was simply because the overwhelming sense of joy and excitement that permeated any festival was vastly unfamiliar to her, and largely unwelcome to her dark little friends. The music and the dancing, even the food, felt a little suspect, especially knowing that there was supposedly a fiddle leading people away. Was this also the result of some magic? It would be hard not to think like that. She gripped her naginata a little more tightly, pressing it gently against the ground rather similarly to the human boy. Since when had he had a scythe? That wasn't foremost on her mind, though, something was bothering her. What was it? It niggled at the back of her mind. Something about the music... something was wrong with it. The fiddle. The sound of it was dull, rather as if she was hearing it through a wall, and there was something odd about the notes it was playing. It didn't seem to quite mesh with the rest of the music playing. When she took her attention off of it, she found she could not hear it at all.

Frowning, she turned to Shimei-sama. "If you're doing something, stop it, please." The ghostly creature continued muttering darkly, but released the thin layer around her. Immediately, the sound of the fiddle became louder and clearer. Ayako suddenly felt woozy, oddly happy for no reason at all. "Back, please." She said, again, and relief flooded her as the fiddle music vanished again and she felt in control of herself again. What was going on? This festival... it must have something to do with the demon. She shook her head, wondering at how blithe the angel boy was being. This was obviously not normal.

@ShiroKiyoshi, @Reanimator Bob, @TwistedPainter

Status
Not open for further replies.