Hoods & Capes | IC

Cassandra rose a eyebrow looking around the room, before seeing the costumed freak. "Jesus man! Give a girl warning before you pull the Batman disappearing act on us!" Rolling her eyes at the hooded man. Always with the theatrics these types. Seeing the blades hand, she scowled. "Ripoff artist.." she said revving up her chainsaw.

Marcus smirked and looked at his sister. It was funny how she became enraged. She would make for a good distraction "Well my friend, I do wish crushing you like the insect you are. But I have bigger things to handle. My sister here will enjoy ripping you in half." Turning his back to them, as his sister grinned like a madwoman.

"Ok ghost of Christmas future! Let's dance." She charged at the figure swinging the chainsaw hand at him.
Raising a eyebrow at Night Watcher criticizing him for 'sucking out the fun'. "Yea....right...well I'll be sure to remember that next time." Despite this guy not looking like someone who would be a hero, he did seem like he cared about the job. The thing is, this guy was probably more of a hero then him. Just a few months ago, he tore out a target's lungs.

David rose a eyebrow at how....laid back Night Watcher behaved. The things he would do for a good slice of pie. Getting in the car smirking at the rock music blaring. "Nice pick, I'm more of a Black Sabbath or Marilyn Manson fan myself."
Liz let out a loud whoop as she dived through the sky. After a day of saving people, and risking her life, Now was the most important thing she had to do!
Goofing off!
And flying through the sky was just the kind of way she liked doing it. Checking her phone to see the time but was being careful not to drop it....again. Her parents would be coming home late from their shift tonight. She had a entire two hours!

Conner's eyebrow raised when he noticed the look on faux "heroes'" face. Was he being condescending? This guy had some sort of attitude that was already getting on his nerves. This guy, Fang, would not be invited to the group barbecue. Conner looked over to Blair, his eyes reaching out for some sort of advice on how to nip this attitude in the butt. If they were going to be working together, Conner needed to show to him who the true hero was here. The Night Watcher has been around for just shy of a decade, he's been doing this for longer than most of the participants in tonight's epic showdown, and edge-of-your-seat rescue.

"Oh yeah, Sabbath, Manson," Conner said, rubbing his chin. "I used to listen to them, until I turned eleven." Fang pointing out his music taste better not have been a flex, because if it was...fuck it, Conner was annoyed enough as it is. He took the key out of the ignition, and stepped back outside of the car. He grabbed yet another cigarette, and lit it as soon as he closed the driver's door. His mood had officially turned septic. He moved himself over to the passenger's side, where Fang sat. Bending at the knees, he slipped his hands under the bottom of the Lincoln. "Keep your arms and legs inside the ride at all times please, unless you own a grappling hook."

The very angry hero lifted the car up over his head, using one hand to balance it, and the other to open the door. He didn't recall seeing Fang strap his seat belt on. "Safety fuckin' first" he called out, starting to shake the car violently until he saw Fang exit. He gently put the car back down, stopping quickly to shape his hands into a heart directed at Snow and the unconscious Iron Baby. He turned back to Fang, his hands balled into fists at his side. "Do you have any idea what kind of fucking day I've had? I was turned into a human pinball machine, and then I was fell into a pit of fire, and then I was used for firefighter's practice, and then I had a door broken over my head. What were you doing the whole time? I'll tell you what you're about to be doing, you're about to be in a hospital so they could get this big hunk of junk REMOVED FROM YOUR ASSHOLE."

With Conner's last nerve shot, he turned around, grabbing the Lincoln by the hood. As he spun his body back around to face Fang, he swung the car like it was a club. He didn't let go of it and throw it, but he did spin it back around, attempting to hit the apparent douche on the back swing. "I! AM! TRYING! MY! BEST!"

Last edited by a moderator:
Snowfall

"Hmm, I'm alright with looking over Iron for no. It isn't an issue in the slightest." She claimed, as if the question itself had puzzled her. Sure, Iron Head did intimidate the young hero, but in a same way she respected her and was fond of her dedication. She wanted to ensure that if she needed any form of assistance, she could provide it. And if Iron didn't need any of it, well, Blair had learned how to sit quietly and not bother those around her. Again, Iron was a darling, but Blair knew to be cautious with the iron cladded hero. She slipped off the top to her uniform, a bright blue tank top underneath, before flipping the top inside out. She slid it back over her head, revealing the material to be similar to that of a fuzzy, blue jacket. The material brushing against her skin was enough to make her beam brighter than a ray of sun off the snow.

"Snow slide of justice..." She commented with a grin, She pressed one hand to her stomach in thought, eyes fluttering closed as a small laugh escaped her. "Can I market that for royalty purposes? You know...something you'd find at a park or somethin'." Deflating merrily into her seat, she felt another buzz against her thigh. She slowly retrieved her phone once more.

An escaped fuckin' gorilla? Dude? That's sort of awesome? ALSO CHECK THIS OUT ITS SO FRIGGIN' CUTE

Beneath the text message was a picture of Jem with a very happy, and beside him, wearing his giant mask over their face was-

Oh, God, was...was that Watcher yelling? W-w-wait, why was he getting out of the car. "S-s-sir?" She stammered, sudden fear cramming in her throat as frost built across her belly, her hands, across her features. Was....was he...Blair's swung as the car began to shake, forcing the new hero from the passenger seat of the car and leaving both Blair and Iron head within the back seat. Oh, shit. "WATCHER PUT US DOWN!" She cried out, stern yet frightened as the immediate thought of escape came to mind. No. No no, if he swung in the wrong direction and Blair came out at just the wrong angle...her neck would be fucking snapped. Despite Iron's weight, Blair managed to gather her towards her as much as possible, forming a swift encasing of compacted snow around the two of them. Even if they were going to be jostled around... With the encasing around them, Blair began to scramble to unbuckle herself and damn near slammed her head into the mound of snow. Shit, shit shit. Okay, they had to get out of the car or the snow would eventually give way or lead way to a possible fracture...

Rapidly she opened a series of small holes in her mound to get a better look at the window. Condensation. Sweat on her hands. That should be enough...Splattering the frozen liquid onto the window, she focused, headache cracking along her skull, before she noticed that there was visibly enough frost for...

She reached out and slammed her heel into the window, quickly retracting it back into the mound as it shattered. Now she just needed to fucking get herself and Iron out....Dear Christ, help a sister out please. Give me something here, please dont leave Jem alone with, well, ya know.

Iron Head

Washington, DC

Inova Fairfax Hospital (West Wing)
Interactions: Snowfall @KatSea , Night Watcher @Seductress & David @Zerofighter

Jostling.

Immediate. Sudden. Abrupt. Violent.

Iron Head didn't recall much for the first 0.2 seconds of consciousness, but she sure as hell could tell that whatever situation she woke up to, it was just as much of a headache as eating the full frontal force of grenade explosion. "Wh... Wha...?" Screaming? Something blue scrambling around her? Somebody's fucking cape on--And now there was snow everywhere.

"Are you fucking--Ow! COME THE FUCK ON!"

At this point, Iron Head could breathe fire but hey, she could settle for flaming hot rivers of blood shooting through her veins. Blood literally boiling, the iron clad hero jammed her limbs in between the seats, steadying herself for the slightest moment. Just long enough to scrape up an iota of her current ordeal.

The snow witch was here. Okay. Didn't fucking care. Next?

Car is being swung around. Fucking hell. Next?

A window just shattered... Fine. It was an opening.

Without waiting for permission or a reaction from Snowfall, Iron Head grabbed hold of the woman and curled her iron suit around her like a giant cocoon and released her hold on the seats. "Hold on!" Pumping as much strength as she could into her legs while internally praying (well, cussing up a storm), she launched both of them through the exit.

Safe to say that she experienced another lung flattening impact within the same hour. Great. Wonderful.

She hated everything.

"Ah... O-okay... Fuck this..." Iron Head groaned while laying supine in silent soreness. After a few moments of trying to gather herself, she finally realized she still had a protective hold on Snowfall. A grimace immediately pulled at her features. "You broken anywhere? No? Good," she casually rolled the woman off of her, "Then get off." Another handful of moments passed, the commotion nearby not quite catching the woman's attention yet...

Perhaps because of the crackling and snapping noises emitting from underneath her. And the slickness that stole away friction against gravel.

"...Fuck." Big fuck.

Iron Head almost didn't want to look, didn't want to confirm what she dreaded to be the undeniable truth, but she did anyway. Glass shards decorated the street, stained by a small puddle of blood. Her vials had been shattered and now, she was functioning on a timed schedule. Granted, she had about 36 hours before anything drastic happened, but her discomfort levels would steadily start to rise from this moment forth until she fixed this.

Grumbling, the avenger slowly staggered to her feet, feeling an entirely new wave of fury and annoyance kindle up her spine. "Uh, hey," she started flatly, "Mind explaining why I, you know, woke up ON A FUCKING ROLLER COASTER OF VEHICULAR HOMICIDE?!" Her voice skyrocketed into an enraged yell, red flooding her face.

• Spicy
Reactions: Cwispy and KatSea
David eyes widen at what this guy was doing. Maybe pie wasn't worth this after all. Was he insane?! Cursing as he felt out of the car. To a normal person they probably would've broken a bone or two. To him, this was just pissing him off. "Easy man...I don't want to fight you." His eyes widen as he picked up the car like a baseball bat.
"Ok guess we're doing this..." he said drawing his blade.

Liz hear commotion and groaned, another person to save. A hero's job is never done. She dived down, and her eyes widen at the sight. It looked like the two were about to have a battle. Summoning her 'energy coat' around her. Getting between the two men.

Doing her best superhero pose, hoping she looked intimidating, or cool. Hopefully both!
"What seems to be the problem here?" She said trying to sound heroic, looking at the guy with a sword.
David wondered where all these superheroes were coming from. "Night Watcher here got all Cr-"

Liz's eyes widen and she became excited. "Night Watcher! I'm a huge fan! You're really popular at my school! Oh I'm SunSpot!" She said, ignoring the fact the woman screaming.

Snowfall

Alright, you know what, this wasn't quite what Blair expected for her prayer to be answered, but honestly, she was just gonna go with it. Blinking as she felt the iron warrior wrap herself around her, she eagerly curled in as tightly as she could, preparing herself to provide them a cushion if possible. However, before she had a chance to formulate a thought that would have warranted proper cushioning, Blair found herself shot through the air in a metal casing. Ah, so this is what being a bullet feels like. Not that I would ever want to know, but hey, if Im gonna have last thoughts, might as well make them feel existential. About...being a human bullet rocketing through the - OW

Skidding to a stop on the concrete below, still having Iron's arms wrapped around her in a protective cocoon. Oh. Christ. Thank God she managed to slither through and get them to safety. Chest heaving, breaths uneven, she placed a hand to her her collar and allowed for Nellie to chuck her off. "Sorry, sorry dear, are you okay??" She questioned in concern, raising her hands as if to inspect her. However, Iron Head soon got to her feet...and Blair could see her equipment had been busted upon her back. An apologetic glance creeped over her features as she winced, rubbing at her brow with her sleeve.

"Sorry, sweetheart." She mumbled under her breath, pushing herself to her feet and gingerly rubbing circles along her arm with her thumb. The coolness soon numbed the areas in which grew sore from the landing. She winced immediately, however, as she noted that David soon drew his weapon as well. "Hey! That's like bringing a fucking stick to a gun fight you moron, both of you put that shit down!" She exclaimed, throat immediately sore as the roughness rumbled against her tongue. "Please, for the love of Christ you two, put your weapons down and lets no injure anyone here, alright?" She demanded, arms crossed as she kept her voice stern. Her eyebrow raised in concern at the sudden appearance of a new hero...but, Snowfall needed a moment to excuse herself from the entrance, taking a deep breath and raising a discreet hand towards Night Watcher.

With a subtle murmur, she sent a cool breeze towards Night Watcher, brushing against his features in hopes to cool him down, to soothe him, and as a precaution in case the worse had to happen, and she needed to freeze him in place. By God, she did not want to have to do that, especially not now, but she didn't want anyone to get crushed with a car. As much as the man across the way didn't always say...the best things, she didn't want him or the sudden girl to be pummeled by a shit ton of weight. She inhaled patiently. "You two make any other moves, you hear me, and you will both be turned into human popsicles, got it?" Lame, sister, but you better pray your voice is as stern as it can be. But hey. You've disciplined young humans before. This isn't the hardest thing to do. Except, well, one has a sword and the other one literally has the strength to lift a car over his head. Heh. Just breathe, girlie. You remember the Breathing Method, don't you love?

She steadied herself, tense as ever, but allowing her expression to be relaxed. "Believe me, we all just want to go home and eat some dessert until we can't move anymore. Lets just breathe, aight? Save the antics for the bad guys."

Moving one leg back, and widening the position of his other leg, Conner was just about ready to turn David into a splatter on the side of the road. Not very hero like of him, but there was some points where caution was thrown out the window (just like two specific heroes). Raising the car up high, it wasn't until yet another brightly coloured spandex totting pain in the ass appeared. Oh wow, is that how I sound? Conner cringed to himself, picturing himself doing a power pose in front of his villains while asking what seems to be the problem. If the Night Watcher ever said something like that, he would hope for a villain to beat the last two brain cells out of him.

"What? I'm not the Night Watcher." The man shook his head. Low blow, revealing a man's secret identity instead of fighting properly. "You're lucky that Iron Head woke up, otherwise you would be halfway to china right about now." Conner said as he slowly put the car back down, attempting not to do anymore damage, aside from the hand indents that he had left. "Her and Snow over there are probably going to kick my ass harder than you ever could," Conner said, looking over his shoulder at David. "So how about you take that grappling hook of yours and find another fight to show up late for, and pretend that you're doing something? Fucking hack."

No matter how hot Conner's blood wanted to boil back into his out of character rage, there was a soothing breeze nestling against his back. Conner wasn't exactly too sure when his last outburst was, but he was realizing he didn't like it when it happened. "If you want to join the major leagues, you'll have to stay away from any of us until you're ready to actually do your job. If that big, screaming Iron Ding-Dong stood around rolling her eyes earlier, a lot of people would have been burnt to a crisp. If that motherly manipulator of snow hadn't shown up when she did, Nicole and a lot more people would have died. You don't get to show up, invite yourself out for pie, and act like you helped save the day. You've pretty much got two choices here; you can take that pig sticker of mediocrity and shove it up your ass, or you can take it and use it for justice." With that, Conner moved over to his window to look at it. Yup, it's broken alright. "Snow, if he comes another inch near this car, freeze his feet to the ground."

Conner groaned to himself, running his hands through his hair. "Stop yelling, please," he called over as Iron Head went on her little tangent. Fang woke the sleeping brown bear, which in return woke the sleeping grizzly bear that had the ability to yell at him the entire ride back. "I'm sorry for that. Sometimes something comes over me. It happens on the field during fights, and then when I'm least expecting it. When I get like that, there's only two people around; me, and the person that's about to get their ass kicked." Iron Head was the last person Conner wanted to piss off, especially since she made for such a good teammate. Iron Head and Snow were very pleasant surprises that turned a bad day into a slightly easier day on the job. Even if there did happen to be a giant fire, and a villain attack.

"Now, I've had a long day," Conner said, moving back to the driver's seat. "I've had my ass kicked, and I smell like campfire. Everyone, except people who show up late to work, who wants a slice of pie, get in. If not, the bus stop is about six minutes away."

Iron Head

Interactions: Night Watcher @Seductress , Snowfall @KatSea , Sunspot & David @Zerofighter

Just as Iron Head parted her lips to unleash a whole new string of threats, they snapped shut again, eyebrow quirking at Snowfall's comment. Heh... Fuck, wait. No. Now wasn't the time for funny shit; she was supposed to be pissed, which she definitely still was. Seriously, how many dumbasses did she have to deal with in the same hour? She was tired. Bruised everywhere. And fucking starving. There was no reason to had "thoroughly rattled like a protein shake" on top of all that.

For fuck's sake.

Forcing down as much blood from her cheeks as she could, Iron Head tossed out a brief, "What she said about sticks and guns", under her breath before addressing the squabbling pair (now trio) directly. "You know what? If you wanted to whoop some random G.I. Jane's ass, just keep the fucking car chucking passenger free next time, alright? Christ!" And then there was this kid who just... fucking appeared out of nowhere like a literal ball of sunshine and energy...

Nope. Hell no. She refused to deal with that shit.

Night Watcher and wannabe James Bond could handle that. With a grunt of borderline disgust and "completely over this shit", she waved them off, having said her peace. Heroes... Fucking fickle creatures. The whole lot of them. She had to keep reminding herself that all these headaches would be worth it in the end. Some day, somehow, with this group's connections and clues, she would be standing before the asshole that ruined her life.

She just needed to hang on until then.

Hence why Iron Head felt no need to waste anymore words, let alone listen to the ones being tossed around. It was likely more bullshit and fire spitting, which never sat at the top of her significance list if it didn't involve her. Grumbling under her breath, she stomped over to the car plopped back into her seat, shutting the door a tad more harshly than what was necessary. Then she discarded her helmet and set it on the floor between her giant metal boots; the others apparently had no issue revealing themselves and far as Nellie was concerned, her identity didn't have a life to jeopardize anymore.

She would just... silently fume until she ate something. And got her suit fixed.

Snowfall

"Way to be fucking subtle..." She muttered under her breath as the realization that Night Watcher's alter ego had easily been slipped out into the open. Having stripped the cape from Iron Head when they skidded to a stop, she easily draped it over her features, despite noting the several holes and scrapes that scattered the light blue fabric. Hell...this weekend was going to have to be dedicated to stitching it back up and making it look pretty all over again. It was alright. She wasn't going to complain. But at this point, with her fuzzy blue coat, inside out hero tights that doubled as baggy sweatpants, and scrappy cape thrown over her scraggily hair, she doubled as both a hero and a crazy looking cosplayer. "Hon, thanks for helping, but the situation is okay now." She mumbled to the new hero, lowering her head as she grumbled and readjusted her hood.

"Take care of yourself." She bobbed her head, attempting to give some respect to Fang despite her displeasure with the situation and previous statements he made. Mmm, did he deserve a good luck, have fun be safe? I dunno. I'll reserve that at a later day I suppose. Man, I'm ready to just conk for a while...I probably smell like smoke, although maybe not as bad as Watcher. Christ, this man needs a nap and a half. As scary as being in that car was, I can get where that sort of anger comes from...I did freeze Jem maybe three or four times growing up so I suppose I can't be one to judge. But, then again, I did almost become a ping pong ball in a random arcade game.

Alright, this may be an idiotic idea, but she was going to climb back in the car and maybe get some shut eye before they arrived at the final destination. Yes. She was getting back in the car. No, she was not getting in the back again. However, she did peek in through the broken window where she murmured "Sorry about that, hun". Pursing her lips, she focused on the snow inside, and taking a step back, she hurled the mound out of the car and onto the ground below. Discreetly, she reached down into the mound, formed a small ball between her fingers, and purposely aimed past Fang. Affectionately, of course, she never intended for the snowball to make its purchase, and with a swift flick of her finger(behind her back of course) it soared past.

Fanning innocence, she simply hummed a merry tune and clambered to sit up in shotgun. She didn't actually feel comfortably scrunched back where she had been flung back and forth mere moments before. She buckled in, shutting the door beside her, before glancing gratefully back to Iron Head. "Thanks for saving me, by the way. I owe you. And I'm sorry about your suit. If there is anything at all I can do for you, please tell me." Shifting back in her seat, she clasped her hands in her lap and adjusted her hood so it fell at the side of her head. Tenderly, she readjusted the material around her waist and held it firm.

"Hey, hun, you okay?" She called to Watcher after a moment of him entering the vehicle, lips turned into a frown. "Stupid question to ask but...figure it would be better to say something silly than nothing at all."

The car wasn't turned on right away. Instead, as Conner sat down he wrapped both of his hands around the wheel in a ten and two position. He sighed to himself, resting his head against the top of the wheel. I'm trying my best, I'm trying my best, I'm trying my best. Only god knew what tomorrow would bring. There's no way it could be worse than two super villains at once, a bombing and mass shooting attempt, followed by having your secret identity spoiled to a stranger by some disrespectful Renaissance fair reject. For the first time in ten years, Conner just wanted a day to himself where he could catch up on some sleep, maybe go bowling, and then fight off a giant rampaging teddy bear who wants to smother the world in hugs and affection. Why is that too much to ask for.

After a deep sigh, Conner slid the key in the ignition. Once the car was turned on, he made sure to turn the volume on the stereo system all the way down. "Yeah," he nodded his head as he looked over in Blair's direction. "I just need some warm apple pie and I'm sure I'll be fine. Anybody hurt?" Now the car was finally moving, leaving it's spot in the parking lot. As the headlights lit the way down the road, Conner couldn't help but feel his stomach churn at the prospect of being referred to as The Night Watcher while he wasn't bearing the mask and cape. Conner enjoyed pie, and fried chicken, and bowling. He was a care free slacker who sold games of mini putt for a living. The Night Watcher, on the other hand, moved through the night swiftly being guided by the hand of Lady Justice, cracking the metaphorical skull or evil and foiling the plans perpetrated by the malicious minds of malintent. Conner and The Night Watcher were two very different people, it wasn't even a blurry line between the two. It was a fairly fine line that both personalities always took caution to stray away from when it comes down to it.

The ride toward Ma's Diner was, sadly and uncharacteristically, a quiet one. There wasn't much that could be said that absolutely needed to be said. At least, the silence came from the closed mouth of Conner. He was stuck in his mind, trying to connect the dots and figure out how he was going to avoid letting what just happened happen again. There is no doubt that he would run into that guy, Fang, again at some point. Odds are, tensions will be high and hostilities will be open. That other 'hero', the one that dropped out of no where and made her presence obnoxiously known. Now that she knew what hid behind the mask of The Night Watcher, could he truly trust that she won't say anything? His work was apparently big around her school, which meant that she had the perfect opportunity to talk about how she met The Night Watcher, and brag about how she knows what he looks like under the mask to all of her friends. It was cool to have fans and all, don't get me wrong. Fans should never see the face of a superhero, unless, of course, they prove themselves enough to be a trusted, valued ally.

The car soon found itself parked in the empty diner parking lot. Conner turned it off and slid the key out as he excited the vehicle. He made sure to hold the door open for his pie enjoying comrades, and let them lead the way to whatever table they wanted. The server, Dot, only brought two menus to the table. She hardly even acknowledged the fact that Conner was even there. That was a normal thing, though. He'd been coming to Ma's since he was even a kid, and used to bring his own family here on Fridays. The Lockheart Family. Conner reached down his shirt, pulling out the pendent he wore around his neck. It had a metal sculpture of the same crescent moon design that was on the chest of his Night Watcher costume.

Three Years Ago
The Lockheart Residence
7:03 AM, December 25th

For about five days now, The Night Watcher had been dormant. There was no sign of the crime fighting powerhouse, and the theorists were beginning to speculate. Had the cities' hero abandoned them? Did he die in some fateful battle? Did he move on to somewhere else and hung up the cape? The answer really wasn't difficult to figure out if someone were to just look at their calendar. Evil took time off if they have families, and so did superheroes these days. Julia never liked it when Conner kept disappearing throughout the night to thwart evil plans, but she knew that he's been doing it long before the two of them got hitched. She always knew he was keeping a secret from her, but didn't realize exactly what it was until she dropped a hardcover book on the coffee table, causing a secret compartment to slide out and reveal the tactical hiding place he had installed for a sawed off shotgun. That was when he was forced to tell her everything.

That's not the point, though. The Night Watcher was on vacation, and Conner was with his family. Julia had crept down the stairs, tying her white house coat closed. She looked over at the beautifully lit, and carefully decorated tree that stood over the ocean of presents and gifts -which, for the most part, Julia had to wrap because Conner couldn't figure out how to wrap a present without accidentally wrapping his own hand. There was a smell that filled the house; freshly cooked eggs and bacon, with the scent of something sweet baking. As Julia made her way into the kitchen, it was almost as if Conner was making up a Christmas feast. There was hash browns frying
in a skillet with green peppers and onions, bacon and sausages sizzling together on the burner beside it, and Conner had his back turned, facing the sink as he whisked away into a measuring cup.

"You weren't supposed to see this," Conner said over his shoulder, not even looking behind him. "Go lay in bed for ten more minutes, I'll come get you and then we can wake Hannah up."

"I don't think you need to worry about her." Julia smiled gently, listening to the sounds of pitter pattering across the hallway up above, as a very excited seven year old thought she could get the jump on her parents and wake them up. The way her little mind worked, she figured that her parents were too old to wake up early anymore.

Conner turned around to face Julia, taking a few steps closer to her. He leaned toward her, which caused her to close her eyes and lean in for a kiss. A devilish laugh came from Conner as he tapped her on the forehead with his index finger, reaching across her to the counter and grabbing a pinch of freshly grated cheddar from the bowl instead of kissing her, turning back to face the sink as he dropped the cheese into the measuring cup with the eggs and spices. "Merry Christmas," the still laughing Conner let out. "I'm mad at you still, for ruining my surprise, but I'll forgive you."

"Oh, you're so generous." Julia rolled her eyes as she came behind him, wrapping her arms around his stomach. She reached up on her tip-toes, kissing him on the cheek. The sounds of feet could be heard running back down the hall, and then the stairs began to thud-thud-thud as Hannah ran down the stairs. The audible sound of her expressing her excitement and bewilderment at the ocean of presents caused Conner to look down at Julia with a smile, who looked back up at him with an expression of grateful happiness that matched his. Once breakfast was finished, and Conner's Christmas tree shaped pie (that he had been spending all night trying to figure out how to make) was out of the oven, it was time to give Hannah what she was waiting all year for. She was a great kid, would never hurt a fly, and left the pranks to her father. She always went all year going out of her way to stay on the nice list, which was a great start for teaching her the behavior preferred by her parents, but Conner knew that soon he would have to nip that materialism that they were programming into her brain quite soon.

It was a tradition for Conner to grab and hand out the presents, while Julia took pictures and threw playful jabs at Conner. He wasn't allowed to go a single Christmas without his Santa Clause hat on, which made for a very jolly loser of a husband. It was cute, seeing the world's greatest superhero in footie pajamas and a flannel t-shirt, turning him into the world's best dad instead. Conner picked up a small present that had been placed on top of a much bigger present that had Julia's name on it. The small one was to Conner, from Julia and Hannah. "If it's another pack of hair ties, you know I'm just going to lose them all." He smiled as he pulled the paper off, looking at the crescent moon pendant that was attached to a piece of high quality, black string.

"You know what that is?" Julia asked as she aimed her camera up to him.

"I'm no expert, but it looks to me like a necklace of some sort. It might be a friendship bracelet, or maybe the key to the city of Ohio."

"You've told me that the moon gives you hope, and makes you feel safe. So when you're out at your second job, I wanted you to be able to wear that and know that Hannah and I are always by your side, giving you hope." That was the last thing Conner had ever heard Julia say. She brought her camera up to her eye, but never got a chance to snap the picture of Conner putting it on. The explosion started at the window behind the Christmas tree, the fire bursting the glass and engulfing the tree, the presents, and the heroes' wife who sat beside the fireplace near the window. Before Conner could even realize what had happened, he was already cradling Hannah, his back to the fire to try and protect her. The front door blew open as all of the windows surrounding the house exploded in a raging fire. Conner's eyes darted around, looking for the safest way out. Holding his crying daughter, he made a break for the front door, only to be greeted by him. Despite the glare from the fire, Conner could recognize that blue suit and double swords from anywhere.

How the fuck did he find me.

The figure reached down to his hip, pulling a gun. Conner slid his hand under Hannah's back, and hooked one hand under her legs as he tossed her to the side, watching as she went over the railing and landed hard on the stairs. Conner didn't want to give him any opportunity to fire his weapon. He darted forward, grabbing one of the kitchen chairs from the table. He held it by where someone would rest their back when they sat down, and swung it like a baseball bat. As the man kicked it out of Conner's hand, Conner knew he had to move fast. He wrapped his arms around the man's waist and pushed him outside into the snow.

Bang.

The gun had been pressed directly against Conner's shoulder as he mounted himself on the fallen figure, preparing to pummel him with a myriad of punches. Conner knew that gun all too well, and he knew that the gun was so technologically advanced that it locked on to a specific target. The worst case scenario hit Conner like a light bulb lighting up, as the bullet tore clean through his shoulder and whizzed into the house.

Marcus knee his sister could handle the phantom freak. There was bigger things to handle. Reaching the docks, lighting himself a cigar as the weapon shipments came in. His own men had their trucks ready.

Looking at the portly arms-dealer, the man looked like a fat rat. Like he would slit his throat and rub with the money. Letting out a puff of smoke, he asked "So what do you have for me?"

"Rifles, pistols, ammunition tonsuppoy a small army, and explosives to light this city up like fourth of fucking July!" The Fat rat faced man said, a wide grin on his face.
Marcus nodded, lifting two of the crates with ease. Normally, it would take two, maybe three men. But for him, it was like lifting a pillow. Once the truck was unloaded, he grabbed the briefcase of money. "So.....the deal was a million?"

The rat-faced arms dealer nodded but then his smirk only grew. "It took a lot to get thee weapons here. And with these metahuman freaks, it made my job harder. I want double...no triple! Or I might just give a shout to the authorities." Marcus' eyes narrowed walking forward to the man, and his guards.

In the blink of an eye Marcus killed the two guards. The first, he broke the neck, and the second he ripped off the arm. His fiery eyes flared back at the Fat-Rat man. Running to the truck to escape. Marcus grabbed the back of the truck, lifting it with the man screaming inside. Begging Marcus to let him go, offering him anything.
"I'll show you what happens to ants who fuck with me! They get crushed!" The truck was tossed into the waters, slowly sinking. The man's screams fading.

Looking at his men, terrified st the sight of their boss' vicious nature. "Take care of the shipment."
"B-boss...what do we do with the cash?"
"Pay your kid's college." Marcus got back into his own car driving off.

Nellie King

Interactions: Night Watcher @Seductress & Snowfall @KatSea

The ride was quiet--good. Nellie wouldn't have it any other way. Of course, despite how much she cherished peace, her body was always quick to betray her. Always ready to ruin the tranquility at a moment's notice. So it wasn't a surprise when a dull ache began to pulse through her veins, a faint pressure building from the blood generation. It wouldn't pose to a be real problem until perhaps tomorrow but, even then, she would need time to actually fix her fucking suit.

Whatever. She would head home and take care of the repairs herself, right after this awkward ass pie run with Night Watcher and Snowfall. During the ride, Nellie swiped a finger across the wrist of her suit, eliciting a geometric pulse of blue light along the metal surface, and with a series of clicks and a hiss, the joints of her suit came undone. The needles pulled themselves free of her back, allowing her to remove the compartments one clunky piece at a time and placed them on the car floor.

Underneath the suit was a loose and oversized t-shirt. It was powder blue in color and slathered in splatters of psychedelic colors, the words "Geek Elite" splayed in wonky bubble font across the front. Her blue jeans were incredibly torn--far from a fashion statement. She'd re-worn and destroyed the poor thing to its very limit; she'd likely have to toss it out soon. Her tennis shoes were clearly store brand and peeking over the horizon of falling apart. Finally, Nellie fished something out from her back pocket and slid on her wide-rimmed circle glasses, blinking a bit as the world ever so slightly came into focus. Without them, her vision was... decent. Decent enough to do what she needed to as Iron Head, so it wasn't much of a problem.

Once they finally pulled up to Ma's Diner, Nellie nodded in silent thanks as Conner opened the door for her and trailed along behind Snowfall as they entered. If it was up to her, she'd take a booth closes to the exit, just in case anything happened. Just because they were hungry and needed a break, it didn't mean that potential threats were. Not at the same time as them, anyways. Well... she guessed it was up to her. Conner seemed out of it and following their lead, and she doubt Snowfall (...what even was her name again? Did she ever find out?) would have any protests, so that's exactly what Nellie decided to do.

She slid into the booth, pressing as much as she could into the wall to grant breathing room, and started unconsciously drumming her palms against the table. "Um... so..." Her gaze fell on Snowfall. "The actual fuck is your name again?" Ah... she probably could've worded that a bit better, but it was too late to take it back. All the while, Nellie shot uncertain glances in Conner's direction from her peripherals, catching the distant mist in his eyes. The glaze of a pained nostalgia. He'd went somewhere potentially toxic, somewhere haunted, and God knew she understood that trance like the back of her hand.

Thus, she had a hunch that it was best to let it pass and leave him be.

"Anyway, after all that bullshit, I need apple pie... and cherry. And ice cream. Two of each." Nellie's appetite could make a ravenous beast jealous; she partially blamed her metabolism. Just another result of her beyond fucked genetic makeup.

Blair Whittaker

Image result for carolina+porqueddu+gif

Blair gently thrummed her fingers against the window sill of the car door as she pressed her head into the neck of the seat. Despite having been tussled a few minutes ago, Blair found herself in relative ease, bodily temperature fluctuating to normal, and breathing at ease. "Mm, I'm more worried for the state of your window. Don't worry too much about our state of being. I've had a lot worse beatings in my time. Although..gotta admit, first time in a car. ...actually, you know what, that's not true. Jem can be a little booger sometimes..." Blair screwed her lips shut, realizing her attempt at lightening the mood may not be cutting it. The silence in the car served rather well, save the occasional buzz from her cell phone that Blair worked to muffle with her thumb. Jem was an annoying little shit when he wanted to be, although she understood. He was bored out of his wit. His responsibility had well been taken care of, now he was stuck with a pile of crap novella work that his main publisher had given him as busy work. Some cheesy novel about romance that was bizarrely mixed with Strangers on a Train. And for that, Blair gave him a mental salute that she knew would never reach him in time to reassure him his sanity.

As they drove, Blair slowly slung the cape from her shoulders and let a cool puff of air skim between her lips. Tilting her head, curious, she reached her thumb towards the puff of air before it had a chance to dissipate, solidifying a few stray splotches of moisture in the air. Formulating the little shards into smaller particles, she lazily began to swirl the small hurricane of ice shards into a contained whirlpool in her hands.

After a moment of boredom, increasing the velocity of her uptake in snowflakes by giving a gentle huff of air onto the creature, she allowed the shards to flutter safely in her hands, where they soon melted and safely coated her hands. She rested her hands, palms up, against her knees as she closed her eyes and allowed herself to drift off for their short ride. The moment Conner parked, however, she jolted up, alert and ready, hand scrambling for the car door to pop open. Once out in the open, she fully disposed of her cape, tossing it onto the floor of the car and collecting herself in her civilian clothing. She adjusted her purse before heading inside the shop, bobbing her head in appreciation at Conner as he opened the door for the two heroes. "Thanks, sweetheart." She commented with a beam, before watching Iron Head scope out the area and settle on a booth to huddle into. Merrily, Blair scooted into her seat, eyes locked to the menu, then to the two heroes beside her. She had her mental list at the ready for when she needed to take home a lot more leftovers than were necessary...It was alright. They deserved the treat anyhow.

"Hmm? Hon, you doing okay?" She questioned over at Conner as he grew steadily silent, lost in his own thought. Quickly observing the area to insure no one else had been peeking over at the three, she slowly focused on the water still drying in her hands, and began to form a little ball in her hands. Propping it next to Conner's arm, she focused on the particles in the air and, slowly, intricately(ever vigilante to stop when a server made a peek), formulating a snowman, completely with slight etches of a scarf and face. However, Blair was caught off guard by Iron's question, and she sheepishly clamped a hand to the back of her neck.

"My name is Blair, but you can call me B if you want. Um, I don't know if I ever properly introduced myself...may I ask you your name? I completely understand if you don't wish to..." Sheepishly, her facial features now fully exposed to whatever weird twitch or twist they chose to present, she found herself somewhat red and scorched. She chuckled nervously. "Im a bit of an everything pie sort of girl. Although, cherry pie sure does sound soul healing right about now...heck, I wonder if they do chocolate mousse here.." Her hand fell to her lap, cradling the slight chubbiness that presented itself along her stomach. "Or heck, strawberry sounds heavenly too...Goodness me, if I think much longer about this, Im going to gain five pounds just lusting over the dang thing."

[Synergizer.]

The pie crust broke easy around his knife, the sugar softened apples split through to the hard click of the plate. He picked the piece up on the end of his fork, staring at the pie, his lips bending as a souring taste came up his throat. Anselle's eyes came to rest on the plated slice opposite of his, untouched.

[This upsets you.]

His fork trembled in his grasp, mouth opening to blow a harsh breath. "Goddamnit," Anselle swore under his breath, stomach swimming with a sudden nausea. The memories of nights at this very - table, the two of them, the same old thing. Now, it was just - him.

[You ordered his favorite.]

Anselle let his fork rest back on his plate, elbows resting on the table, blinking away the prickling wetness in his eyes. Anselle rose a hand to nudge away the beading tears at the corners of his eyes, staring out the window, moonlight glinting over oil spills in the parking lot. "Yeah," Anselle spoke up, lowly, facing the window, his own misty-eyed reflecting staring back at him. "I-I know it's silly, b-but I-I just wanted to..." Anselle's words fell off as his throat began to close up, choking back a shudder as he hushed himself.

Anselle turned away from the window, spreading his hands on the table, eyes never leaving the untouched plate. Anselle took a breath and held it, letting it go when his hands stopped shaking. "Old habits, y'know," Anselle said on a weary sigh.

That left a silence in his mind, Anselle left alone with the stirring of some dread in his gut.

[I miss him dearly.]

Anselle's knuckles came to a stop against his fork, shoulders falling with his sigh. "Yeah," Anselle agreed with a nod, picking his fork up. "Me, too, buddy. Me, too."

It had to be a sorry sight: two plates, one guy on his own, one guy that was hoping to high Heaven that he'd kept his - ahem, internal monologue...internal enough. Anselle stared at the window, eyebrows raising when he noticed a new car in the parking lot, curiosity getting the best of him to look who in their right minds would be at the diner so late.

Well, it wasn't like he had much ground to stand on, or much else to do that was less depressing than what he was up to.

When the diner's door swung up, hitting the bell and getting Anselle's passing glance towards the group that came stumbling in. Anselle chewed through another bite of his pie, surveying the trio from out the corner of his eye. At first glance, there wasn't really anything about them that caught his eye - aside from the pale woman's fashion sense, and it was sort of weird to stare at strangers.

But...

He wasn't sure why, and he couldn't really explain, he just had a weird feeling in his stomach. Anselle cut another slice of pie with his fork, taking a moment to stare at the piece. "I wonder how old this pie is," Anselle asked to the air, chewing it down.

Last edited:
Three Years Ago (Continued)
The Lockheart Residence
December 25th

T'was the morning of Christmas, and all through the house, not a creature was living, not even a mouse.

The window leading in to the kitchen from the front patio burst and shattered as Conner's body slammed itself against it. The glass cutting up random spots across his body as he rolled off of the kitchen sink and hit the ground. The world was spinning; he had never been hit that hard before, especially not after looking Julia in the eyes as the explosion cradled it's arms around her, and took her to the next life, let alone what can only be the implied fate of Hannah. Conner posted his arms down against the floor, attempting to push himself back up. That was a futile move, as a steel toe boot came crashing against his cheek. Now that fucking hurt.

This guy is way too fast.

The attacker stood over Conner with a sword in hand, ready to finally end the heroes' streak of foiling plans and filling up jail cells. He didn't monologue, either. That was one of the smartest moves that anyone who was trying to seal Conner's deal could do. Thinking as quickly as possible, Conner saw that his opponent was standing right beside the fridge, which could present a possible blind side attack. Conner had never tested his powers with a large, gaping bullet hole in his shoulder, and many large and small pieces of glass in his body, but it was worth the shot.

Conner burst up on to one knee, grabbing the face of the fridge, and giving it a hard tug. The pain surged through his body, hitting him like a bag of bullet shooting hammers. That was beside the point though. There was a fire, and a maniac McScrooge in the process of ruining Conner's Christmas. He couldn't worry about the pain right now. As soon as the fridge came falling forward, Conner stepped out of the way. The large electrical appliance came crashing against the counter, creating a diagonal fork in the pathway. There was some space between Conner and his enemy, but not for long. The man came vaulting over the top surface of the fridge, finally offering Conner an opening to fight back.

Before the assassin's feet hit the ground, Conner was able to lunge forward and grip him by the chest, first landing a jab against his masked face, them moving on to pivot his body and chuck him into the dining room. Conner's shoulder began oozing blood at a faster pace. He knew that he couldn't keep this up for too much longer, but he was starting to wonder what the point of staying alive was now. Without the love and comfort of his fam-

Reality strikes, breaking Conner from his thoughts

Conner's eyes moved from the necklace that he twiddled between his fingers. They moved over to the snowman, perfectly sculpted with a professional level of detail. How could he be salty and upset with a gesture like that? He didn't touch the sculpture, but instead cradled it with the smile from the happiness it instilled through his body. He looked up to Blair, and target his smile from the snowman up to her, as a way of showing his appreciation without speaking. The sun had gone down, the next day had manifested itself, this was when Conner was finally himself. The night brought a new life and a new attitude for him, so he shouldn't be getting stuck in his mind. It's a waste of night life.

The server came back around holding a small plate that had a cup sitting on it. The cup was more of a mug, a small mug with the Pink Floyd logo on it; a mug that Conner had been bringing in for years, and then forgot it one night. Ever since he forgot it there, the only time they use the mug is for Conner. As she set it down, Conner could see that it was holding in coffee that had the prefect, light colour that could only be achieved by three creams and three packages of sugar. "Can I get any of you drinks?" Dot asked, looking over the group. "Do you know that you'd like to order?" Conner reached over and plucked Blair's copy of the menu, opening it and standing it in front of the snowman, before giving her one more small, reassuring smile.

Ma's was a diner, yes. With that said, they didn't make crappy and rushed pub foods like a lot of diners try to. Their main menu was filled with lunch foods, like sandwiches and wraps and stuff like that. Their decorations matched the old school vinyl tile flooring of a 50's diner, and they even had a refurbished Jukebox in the corner. What put Ma's on the map, however, was their pie and desserts. Their dessert menu might as well have been two pages long, with how much they had crammed on one single page. There was a cookbooks worth of pies and pastries, and they even advertised for their homemade pudding. Ma would never share the recipe, though. Conner tried asking once so he could make it for his daughter, Hannah, but Ma stated that since Grand-Ma only passed the recipe on to Ma, and nobody else, that she would take the recipe to her grave.

Conner moved his eyes toward the parking lot, almost like he was waiting for something. What exactly would he be waiting for, though? Even the Con Man didn't know what he was looking for. That's when he realized that the diner wasn't as empty as it usually was at this hour. His eyes moved toward a very upset looking young man sitting with nobody but himself, and his thoughts. Conner didn't want to use the word sympathize, but he truly could sympathize with the prospect of coming to Ma's and reflecting on past traumas. It's a really good place to partake into those sorts of activities, especially when you have absolutely nothing better to do with your time.

The Con Man's attention was caught at the sign of headlights lighting up the parking lot. He watched as a Volkswagen camper van pulled up close to the diner, bearing a very strange rustic orange colour. Can't say that's a decent shade for a hippie camper van. "Guys," Conner said, his eyes not leaving the van. He wouldn't have said anything, if it weren't for the fact that three people ejected themselves from the vehicle, but they left the doors open, and there was still someone in the driver's seat. "Get your poker faces on." He said, specifically to Blair. It seemed like Nellie always had her poker face on, or at least, had a face that made Conner want to poke to see if she would smile before she broke his finger clean off. As the three figures moved closer toward the building, there was three things Conner could identify clearly; ski masks, a plastic shopping bag, and a Mossberg Maverick 88 shotgun.

"You guys ready to end the night with a bang?" Conner asked, sipping his coffee with supreme elegance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solsona was used to insane. He was more than a little granola himself. When Ma' hired him two weeks ago she let him have the run of the back of the house, no questions asked. He was slowly reworking the old dinner and lunch menus, adding in more ingredients made from scratch, sourcing better distributors, running to farmers' markets to connect with meat and produce vendors. But he didn't touch the baking. That's because bakers are insane. And Ma' hit the ceiling and the fan.

Bakers have two reps. One is the general public's vision. It's the cliched grandmother baker, sweet and peripheral, popping cookies out of the oven made according to her "secret recipe" that she'll never tell, but really, everybody knows she just adds love. And then there are real bakers. Hardcore iron-willed titans who wake up at the darkest hour, where eldritch horrors can be seen as silhouettes in the sky fleeing the rousing baker as they prepare for another day of indefinite slog. Solsona's seen it in her eyes, felt it in her bones. Ma' is no one to be fucked with.

Solsona would come in early sometimes for prep-work. He'd catch Ma' tracing numbers in flour, calculations she'd run completely off the cuff, smiling to herself, complimenting Solsona on the work he did. She enjoyed the hrissa ketchup he made for the burgers, saying he's so smart and talented, that he should go on to work in a fancy restaurant. The compliment was genuine. No one understands the work of a baker. Not even Solsona. But he was sure that Ma' had the skill to run any large scale industrial baking operation which might as well be an insane asylum for the clinically overworked and historically underpaid.

Solsona liked Ma'. She was the reason he tried to get a job here, and it worked out perfectly. Between the two of them and the other skeleton staff, they managed to make it work. It was a tight knit crew bonded together by the affable nature of Ma'. She didn't realize it--or maybe she did on some level-- but her food touched hearts, worked to mend souls. People sank their sorrows into delicious bites of pie, swallowing their tears and sugary crust. And when she served people, she always gave her customers this subtle look. She cared. Truly cared, which was a rare thing in this world.

As Solsona worked in the back-- grab a patty, salt it, smash-- searing some burgers and toasting buns, his heart radiated outwards. There was a familiar presence. A man whose heart wasn't nearly as anchored as he thought. It was in transition between a nightmare and a new beginning, but it seemed the man wanted to live torn at the boundary, not sure if he should-- or could-- forgive himself. Then there was another presence. Well two actually. And they were both experiencing a bitter dew drop rising in the heat-- a soul had left them. One that would be dearly missed.

He grabbed another patty-- salt it, smash. There were others. Survivors of trauma. One was hard and brittle, her pain full of sharp edges. She'd constructed a barrier in her mind, a flimsy patchwork of humor and anger, feelings of revenge and worthlessness. The question remained; what had she become. And then the other was cold on the outside but warm on the inside; like she'd taken something bitter, twisting and transmuted it, working the pain into something close to sweet. Solsona flipped the burgers.

Then he could feel four more survivors. People talk about criminals and villains, and keep them separate. It feels good to spurn the unclean at the door, judge them and keep them hungry. Pretend that they're a different breed; it's just the way they are. What the people have in their lives is normal and medicated, kept alive by civilization's steady dose of truth-- if we all just act good enough, this thing should work. But to feel a criminal or a villain was to feel a victim of violence.

They were men and women made of mud, mud caked on them by a profoundly sick society. This earthen mud was poisonous, not like the steady foundations of true earth, or gentle giving sand. It was concrete and lead. Solsona felt the back of his neck bristle, the burgers began to sear quicker. He picked them up with a gloved hand and put them on a red cutting board. Then he took the gloves off.

The disparate of the world were hardly ever given a chance either. Society in its pursuit of order would externalize the poisonous byproduct of its medication; some just have to be bad. He slowly pulled off his apron, the feeling in the back of his neck rising to the top of his head. His long black hair began to lift in the air, his large frame began to glow gold. The energy that pulsed about his being came at the thought of justice; true justice. It drenched his body and coated him in steady rippling waves of gold. It came at the feeling that these buried people could unearth themselves, that some gold could shine through the cracks. No one had hammered the final nail in their coffin.

Firefly pushed the kitchen doors open and floated into Ma's diner. Most of his features were hardly distinguishable, the golden energy that rippled from his now floating form made his long hair gold, and obscured some of the details of his black shirt and pants. But anyone that looked closely enough would recognize Solsona's bright and kind blue eyes, his wide leather wristband sporting a metal plate held against the leather cuff with small golden clasps. They'd also see the bright bone white cross that hung from his left ear. Solsona never considered having a costume. He just transformed.

Firefly floated through the diner effortlessly, his eyes casually moving from one onlooker to the next. His radiance, to them, would feel warm. And maybe drudge up hidden pain. He couldn't help that.

He locked eyes with the boy bonded to another consciousness. Firefly winked and smiled at him. Then he pushed past the diner doors to the parking lot stopping in front of the open van and the three people that had hopped out. He inhaled deeply, peering deep into their eyes and giving them a look of compassion and sympathy. He could feel they were... stagnant. And at the threshold. Crossing the threshold of violence became easier and easier with practice-- like anything-- but Solsona didn't feel these reckless punks were that far gone. Desperate and stupid. Probably high. Probably hungry. But not that far gone.

It was the dumb van that gave it away. No truly lost soul would drive something like that.

Blues, flecked with greys and the slightest shades of purple at the edges-the sky encased his world, a dome that he'd never escape. He tugged on his Momma's shirt sleeve, desiring for her to turn her gaze toward him. "Momma, look!" He pointed with his tiny little finger at the streaking light that shot up from the horizon.

"Ah yeah...that's ah, an asteroid. I mean, a meteor, its streaking through the sky. Isn't it just a-a-amazing?" Her voice was like his favorite blanket at home; somewhat rough on the outside, but soft and welcoming on the inside. He loved his momma so much...

Kallen awoke from the daydream, sweat soaked through his clothing and his bed sheets. Ever since he had gotten his powers, he kept having dreams from his childhood-memories that he wished he could forget. They weren't terribly painful, for the most part. No one died, for the most part. They weren't emotionally scarring, for the most part. They were just scary, especially with the viewpoint of a child that he had in his dreams. His eyes drifted closed once more as he attempted to recover from the pain of the day's events.

A dead body, lying near a long body of water; three men climb from the water, discussing their retrieval of his body. A scene change. A figure sits in a rolling chair, his hair greying, wearing a typical "old person's" polo. "Jimmy hadn't been here long.." Kallen heard the sound of a door-the exit door- momentarily swinging open before he returned his thoughts to the movie.

The movie continued onwards, characters coming into and out of scenes. "The Dark Knight Rises," one of the greatest finales to a film trilogy of all time. And this night would truly be one to remember. Twelve minutes after the exit door had opened, it swung inwards once more. Two smoke canisters-a loud hiss, and then a grey cloud.

The figure, who wore a full bulletproof suit and a gas mask, lifted a shotgun and leveled it at the audience. One. Two. Three. Four. Five. Six. With each shot, lives were cut short. Kallen ducked behind the chair in front of him, an icy cold fear spreading through his body. A barrage of bullets followed, sixty-five in all, with only brief paused for the shooter to reload.

A body fell atop him. The person groaned in pain, clutching their stomach. He scuttled backwards, attempting to take cover behind another empty seat. "It'll be alright ma'm, this'll be over soon." He pulled off his coat and attempted to use it to stop the blood flow-his hand contacted bare skin for just the briefest of moments. He felt her chest rising in falling at a rapid rate-

A sharp pinprick of pain at his back, just as another gunshot rang out through the theater. Her heart rate slowed; it seemed his jacket had saved her.

He once again awoke and began to cry.

Amelia Grant

Pie was a force of nature no man could resist. Ma's pie epitomized this notion to the optimum degree. It was the perfect combination of sweet and sugary (there was a difference, really), baked with not just a touch of love, but heaping cup-fulls, and it was the only thing that could truly satisfy after a long day. In truth, the day wasn't all that long - yes, she had been vomited on... twice... but the water in the hospital shower was warmer than usual, and her hair, which she'd thrown into a hasty braid, had dried into such a curly mass it reminded her of a mermaid, which couldn't possibly do anything but make her smile (because who didn't want to be a mermaid??). And yes, Doctor Clemmons had called her a name that wasn't entirely appropriate for civilized conversation, but he apparently meant it in a way that was flattering, which, while Amelia would never consider the man in that context (not just because he was twice her age), she had to suppose that it was nice of him, all the same. And yes, she had forgotten about switching out Kyle Manahue's saline, and been reprimanded by the head nurse, but they were always so patient with her memory issues, and mistakes were just opportunities to learn. Even the diner wasn't perfect... These folks looked like they had a hard day, too... especially the poor kid huddled over his pie like it was some imitation baked good in the frozen section of a grocery store. Cripes... he looked so sad. Maybe after her pie, she'd go see if he was okay. But first, pie...

It was definitely a pie sort of day, and as the warmth washed over her, gooey cinnamon syrup running off thick chunks of tart apple, clouds of fresh whipped cream melting into hot buttery crust, all thoughts drifted off into a pleasant oblivion. Would it probably go straight to her hips? Sure... But Nana Grant always said curves were the real way to a man's heart (and even if that was a little superficial, it was an amusing thought). Would the sugar this late at night undoubtedly make for some wild dreams? Probably. But dreams were the gateway to imagination, and there was nothing wrong with that... Would those men coming into the diner with ski masks and weapons probably put a damper on her delicious treat? No dou---Wait...

For a split second, Amelia's brain refused to work around what she was seeing, and idly, she wondered if she hadn't somehow drifted off into an early sugar-coma and slipped into a dream. But her dreams weren't normally unpleasant, and there was little about these masked men that seemed jubilant... Truth be told, they probably weren't hugged enough as children, and that thought kind of made Amelia's heart ache just a little.

Only a little though, because they were interrupting pie-night, and that was as deep a wound as that nasty looking shotgun would probably dig. Oof. Not great.

Not great at all...

But maybe that glowing, floating man would make things better.

It was always a little weird how those thoughts sprung so naturally, but then, with the things she could do? She rarely questioned anything, anymore. And he was awfully pretty, shimmering brighter than a star on top of the Christmas tree. Of course, three against one, even when you were shinier than the star of Bethlehem, wasn't exactly fair, and while she loathed the idea of injuring these poor, hug-starved souls, she deeply believed in fairness.

Which is why in one moment, with a slight sigh of disappointment, where there was one a small ginger woman in bright scrubs, forkful of pie halfway to her mouth, there was rather suddenly nothing. As the fork clattered noisily to the plate (that abandoned bite would hurt, spiritually), Amelia's form shifted instead to that of a tiny creature, no larger than a butterfly and very much of similar appearance. Brightly colored wings of magenta, gold and cyan stretched from her spine, skin a hue of deep purple, eyes large pearls of bright green. With a great flap, she fluttered closer to the glowing figure, and with all the confidence of Laila Ali, her tiny fists rose in front of her tiny face, at the ready.

Fairness...

Fairy...ness...

She would've laughed, if she wasn't trying so hard to look at least a little bit intimidating... (okay... she laughed).

Last edited:

Nellie King

Interactions: Night Watcher @Seductress & Snowfall @KatSea

Nellie didn't pay Snowfall's concern for Conner any mind. As she decided before, whatever thoughts he was entangled in, it was strictly none of her business. She didn't hold any personal feelings towards the man, but there was a standard level of respect. That respect stretched into the realm of privacy as well. She only tuned back into reality when the frost witch created a... tiny snowman? Seriously? Here--in the open?

She couldn't tell if that was nauseating, sweet, or a mixture of both. Probably both. Definitely both.

"Blair..." Nellie muttered, testing the name out for herself. It rolled off her tongue easily enough and, to be completely honest, the name was fitting, as far as she could tell. Soft consonants, a single syllable that floated like literal snowflakes on the wind...

Why the fuck was she getting so poetic? Damn, Nellie must've been extra exhausted.

Blair asked for Nellie's name in return, obviously. For a scant moment, she considered sharply turning the woman down, merely for the sake of seeing how'd she react to the blatant rudeness, but a core and innate part of Nellie couldn't bring herself to be that much of a bitch. Not right now, anyway. It was downtime. Relax with some pie time. "For once not feel like strangling someone" time. Thus, she shrugged and focused on the table. "Nellie. Can't call me anything else."

And then... Blair kept talking. Why even the fuck? They were done trading the standard and awkward pleasantries, so what mysterious force compelled her to push on? Nellie didn't the slightest clue, but it was whatever. Biting the inside of her cheek, she stared at Blair, eyes as dead and indifferent as ever. "Uh... Yeah. Right. Pie-lusting," Nellie muttered unsurely, squinting somewhat as she caught the way Blair's eyes darted down. To her stomach? What for? Then again, she was likely overthinking every little action, so she did her best to shift her focus elsewhere. The top of an empty booth behind Blair would have to do. "Pretty sure this place has mousse. I could care less which I get," Another shrug, "Everything takes the same anyway." Iron. Fucking iron. Sometimes Nellie wondered what the point was behind eating, then recalled the basic necessity behind it. Oh yeah. Survivable and... living. All that good shit. Your salt is to die for, Nellie. Really. "Way I see it, you just lost twenty from all the bullshit we did. Gaining five won't kill you."

There. She'd said her peace. Just as Nellie pushed up her glasses (those little fuckers could never stay in place), a waitress came around to take their order. She waited for Conner to pitch in his request, but he seemed momentarily distracted, so she jumped in. "Two peach cobblers. Two cherry. Two chocolate mousse... And a vanilla milkshake." Eh, Nellie supposed she could sip on something afterwards, though she usually resorted to a cream soda--

...What the fuck was that smell?

Nellie's brow furrowed. Three... Four... No, seven total. Seven weirdly scented systems, not including Conner and Blair's. Just from a quick glance, she knew that only two other customers were present and then Conner's little warning alerted her to a van pulling into the lot. Shit. So that was there the others came from. So what about the seventh? Regardless, she nodded, heeding Conner's warning and reclined into the leather of her seat, heaving a disgruntled sigh--basically her default expression. At the same time, she honed in on the fourth individual's scent wafting from the car, picking up traces of classic crook. Heightened blood pressure, a suffering liver, streams--thinned and loose--pumping clumsily through their veins.

She'd rather be standing in a cloud tobacco smoke, but she combated the disgust and focused on that person as much as possible. She had faith that Conner and Blair would handle the others if anything annoying unfolded--

A man was glowing.

There was a personified glowstick emerging from the kitchen. Then a woman morphed into a fucking fairy.

"..."

"..."

"I... I'm just gonna..."

She stared twin holes through the table and gently contemplated the meaning of her existence.

Was it desperation? No, not necessarily. At least, not from the hippie-robber's side of events. They were just doing as they were told. While their boss was out on vacation on some big island farther south, the freak in the mask he had standing in for him was making them hit every place with a cash register. What could they expect? They were working for a couple of guys who described themselves as professional thieves. Word on the street was that the boss was some heavy hitter from Chicago, who ran the only crew that was able to rob every casino on the Vegas Strip in the same night. It took chops to run with the Giovanni Gang, and these guys had to prove themselves to him if they wanted to take on bigger jobs.

That guy in the mask. Shit, what did they call him? Shark? Flipper? It was something aquatic theme, probably to do with his blue suit, or that weird fin horn thing on the top of his mask. Or was it a helmet. Hell, they didn't know. All they knew was that Ma was on the top of the to rob list. She refused to pay protection money whenever the offer was presented, forking over a plate of pie instead of a wad of bills. She was always smiling, too, which was strange. Nobody laughed in the face of the Giovanni Gang, damn it! Someone had to teach that old rag a lesson. The diner only got hit about once every five or six months, meaning she was just about due for a robbery. The Giovanni gang never robber Ma's before, but there was a first for every. At least, there was supposed to be.

Conner set his mug neatly back down on the plate, looking up at Nellie. "You know," Conner said, sitting up in his seat. "I'm really not the biggest fan of that attitude thing you do," Conner waved his hand, motioning to her eyes. "The moment someone says anything, that stupid little eye roll you do changes you from some big Iron Nerd into a high tech, super powered bitch. That's what you can call her Blair, Super Bitch. Watch out! There's a new hero in town! Super bitch!" Call it a brain fart, or simply a critique on Nellie's gentle mannerisms, Conner had something to say. God help everyone in the room when he has something on his mind, because come hell or high water, it'll be said.

Normally, he was an attentive man. Sometimes his brain turned into the equivalent of a Cheech and Chong movie. He didn't even notice the florescent Danny Phantom over there, floating and glowing, doing whatever it is he does. Conner didn't even notice the size changing fairy. That was a fairyly difficult thing to miss, and yet he still managed to miss it. "It's a wonder you can fit your head that far up your ass with that big metal helmet you're always wearing. I figured it would be hard to throw that attitude from down there, and yet you still manage to amaze me. Would it hurt you to throw around a high five? Maybe we could hear a 'good job'. How many people have you seen just..chuck a fully grown adult woman across a thirty foot gab with fire burning under it? I'd say that's a damn good job."

The man with the shotgun looked to his partner, who was reaching behind him under his jacket, wrapping his fingers around the glock he had stashed under there. With the compassion glazed look the glowing, floating man provided, the first man found himself putting his arm out in front of the other guy, putting his own weapon down at his feet. It was almost as if someone could speak to his emotions, to his soul. Did he really need to be park of the Giovanni gang? Was the money really worth the pain he could be putting on other's shoulders?

"We should be out there," Conner said, pointing toward the scene that probably would have confused him if he chose to look. "Cracking heads, but instead here we are, dealing with your attitude. That's what brings teams down, you know, attitudes. You might not like us, but you gotta get used to us. I'm The Night Watcher, I can find anyone. That's what I do. I will make sure that whenever you put on that suit there I am. Right there. Me. Conner. Ready to drag you along and crack skulls."