Hiigaran Sorrow

His face hardened as if he both expected and dreaded this development. "You do not have Hiigara, assaulting Darmoor will cost you thousands and even then might not succeed. Then with your offensive might broken we'd waltz over you." it was a bluff but a point nonetheless. "If you loved Hiigara like I do you wouldn't want Darmoor reduced to rubble when she could remain the last city not devastated by this war. You're an idealist, something I have always admired Imala but think of your men, think of Hiigara and of Darmoor. This could all be over all you have to say is 'yes' all you have to do is agree. If you won't then talk to your general, let him decide. But.... if you insist on taking me in during a truce then one of as has a fully loaded pistol the other can hardly stand. And the rebellion will lose one of the commanders native to Hiigara who refuses to scorch it to keep it out of core hands. Accept the deal or make a counter proposal. You have five minuets."

He stood and turned away walking a short distance away and stared towards Darmoor. He had just threatened to shoot Imala, he had said phrases that would manipuate her feelings fro her homeworld in accepting. When had he become like this? Was it the war? Was it seeing her again? Was it before? He could feel the wetness building around his eyes. He hated having to treat her like an enemy, like one of them. He had always though that when he met her it would be after the war... after he had settled down.. and they could...

Too late to think about that now Jido. he told himself...

To late for a lot of things.

She hated to admit it to herself, but he was right. He was utterly and irrefutably right. Hiigaran couldn't stand anymore loss even after all of the losses they had to endure with lately. If it got to that point, all of Hiigara would exile themselves, just to stay away from the tainted planet. The Rebels alone were leaving their home because once, they were Hiigarans. Once, they had dreams to live in peace and not be troubled with war, death, and decay. Once, they all had ideas to help build a stronger Hiigara, but when their ideas changed...so did the Cores. Were they Hiigarans? Are they still Hiigarans?

The wound was making her left leg numb and weak and at any moment, she would topple over to the ground helpless. Then who would help her? Who would be there for her to give support and comfort and...anything else she may need. Enyo was gone. General Kole was facing traumatic shock. Mikel had no wish to be a Core anymore by the look in his eyes. All Imala had was a man who threatened to fire rounds into her over a truce. That's all she had in front of her.

There was no counter proposal. Imala couldn't think straight; not after everything that had happened. Why did Kole send me? Did he know Jido would be here? Why am I the one left with the decision? Imala bit the inside of her lip, leg still trembling as her blue eyes dropped to the ground in pain.

"I...can't have anymore deaths on my conscious but my own. I was ordered to make...a truce. And...if these are the t-terms...then I must a-accept. For Hiigara's sake." It seemed petty and degrading, but she was left with no choice.

"You'd kill me if I would say something else, so here."she whispered, not even sure if he had heard her at all. Her voice was cracking and she was a chaotic mess, but she did what she was ordered to do. Imala lay the now blood stained flag on the ground where she stood, not moving an inch. He had to take it, because if he didn't she wouldn't be leaving. Imala stood as best as she could and waited.

"All I want, is for the killing to stop." he said.

Turning around he walked over to her and looked her directly in the eyes. "In three days we will be gone and Hiigara will see an end to the blood. But we will continue." He didn;t care how she reacted, she didn't look strong enough to fight him even if she wanted. "I wouldn't shoot you over a word, or this damn treaty. I'm not going to lie to you, I hate the situation I'm in and that I've put you in and If there were a way to end this war today I would take it in a heartbeat even if it meant be getting killed... or killing the one I care the most about.

He get her arm under hers taking the weight from her injured leg as he forced her to hobble with him to her bike and he eased her into the saddle. "In spite of everything, the war will go on and I may never see Hiigara again... may never see you again... I really am sorry you got dragged into this... but ...."

He leaned down and his hand on the back of her neck pushed his lips into hers, something he never though he would do until they had become separated. They lingered there for a moment before he stepped back and without a word climbed into his jeep, started the engine and drove int he direction or Darmoor. He had said in action what he could never say in words, and if he never saw her again... it wasn't a bad last thing to have said to her.

He didn't take the flag silently. Nothing he did was ever silent. Imala listened to him speak and was surprise to find that it was actually him speaking to her for once. Long gone was the Rebel words. Instead, they were placed with a strong and tender underlying meaning. She had no idea what he was talking about. He was going to leave her...even after she gave him her flag of surrender? He still considered himself a Rebel and was going to exile himself along with the others. He...wasn't going to kill her and...

Imala had to blink several times before she realized that she was seeing the right thing. Jido had touched her arm and she flinched, even after the words he had told her. She was terrified that he would still kill her, friend or not. Friends. Was that what she had settled with? Imala listened to him but couldn't look at him. Even after what he had did to Ronset and the rest of her Allies, she still believed every word that came out of his mouth. Her blue eyes were planted to the ground beside him while she listened on before she felt something soft against the base of her neck. Imala slowly brought her eyes up but they never fully got to look into his before they closed when his lips were placed on hers.

There was nothing she could do; she was completely helpless in her own body. To break away would mean to burst into tears, not that she could move anyway. It was short but most important things are short. Life for example. Love, even. Imala sighed outwardly against his lips as he pulled away and briskly turned around towards his jeep. She had a feeling he wasn't going to look back. She had a very bad feeling that he would never look back. If he did, would he stay?

Imala let a finger trail up to her lip as she watched him climb into his jeep and drive away. The wind from the acceleration brushed past her cheek and hair and but she only watched the Rebel jeep turn into a speck in the distance. She didn't even see his face before he left. Imala looked down into her lap at her empty hands and then back to the wheel of the vehicle, but she still couldn't move. She was paralyzed as she sat in the Core transportation device to bring her back...home was it? Was that where she was going?

"You...didn't....say.." Of course, the rest of the words never came. Only sobs escaped her lips as she laid her head against the base of the wheel. It went like that for a while as the sun was setting in Hiigara.

The jeep thundered into Darmoor, as the troops began filing into transports. The would leave hiigara and it would belong to the core. Jido would be among them. The rebellion would end as an effective fighting force and become nothing more than raiders.... to be slowly hunted by the core.

"Its done, we're moving out...."

"This is general Veers to all troops, we are evacuating Hiigara... all men are to board transports and move out..."

"This is the death of the rebellion... you give up too easily veers."

Alexander was not happy and it showed.

"It looks like its up to someone with initiative to let the core taste defeat"

She made it back to Gondole in one piece, if one could call it that. She was still an emotional wreck, she didn't even remember driving back to Gondole at all! However, there she was, hopping out of her craft and holding her left leg above ground. She had enough pain already; her leg would have to wait.

"Lady Imala!" Imala looked up and wobbled her way to Mikel who was apparently stationed to wait for her return. He would've been waiting forever if her foot didn't will her to wheel off from White Forest Ridge. Mikel gave her the support she needed but she neither acknowledge nor responded to his call for her. She only wrapped one arm around his neck and let him heave her back into the medical compound of Gondole once more.

"I take it the truce went as planned?"he said softly. Imala looked down at the ground but she was sure he saw the red rings around her eyes. He didn't question it and she wasn't going to talk about it.

"It's done. Hiigara is ours."

"And what of the Rebels?"

"They're gone."she answered, stopping him once the two of had reached 'her room.' Imala was planning on locking herself in there for the next three days, though it would not work that way. However, it was a plan in the making. Mikel backed up and stood poised, like any other Core would.

"All of them?"he asked. Imala stared wide-eyed at him for a moment, chewing the inside of her lip to stop the rush of oncoming tears and then nodded.

"All of them."

Veers was the first to leave, Jido saluting as the ships rose slowly into the sky trailing smoke and fire. His men were next, Alexander wasn't in position to leave. He had no idea where veers was taking his men, it was agreed that the three would remain ignorant and separate in case one was captured. Now it was his turn. He turned back to look landscape visible from the spaceport as his men marched up the ramp into the ship.

The thought on his mind were not about leaving Hiigara behind.. but her.

"T-minus 5 minuets... repeat the Argon will launch in five minuets."

The ramp started to rise and he hurried the rest of the way finding a harness and strapping himself in, the faces of those with him am mixed as his own emotions. They were all leaving something behind. The silence continued.

"Ten."

He should say something.

"Nine."

He should do something.

"Eight."

He was the leader.

"Seven."

He should let them know all was not lost.

"Six."

But her felt like it was.

"Five."

"Missile launch in ten minuets."

"Four."

Stunned silence.

"Three."

"Pilot, abort launch."

"Two."

"Sir, its on automatic.. I can't."

"One."

"Set to sup orbital.. NOW"

Thunder ignited under their feet as they left Hiigara... Armageddon about to be unleashed upon her.

"What have you done?"

Imala turned around and laid a single hand on the doorknob.

"Lady Imala!" Imala cringed. She had heard her name too many times that day and only one one time really mattered to her. Reluctantly, she turned her head to the left to see a soldier that was covered in bruises running towards her and Mikel. Mikel stood to face the soldier with a serious expression, despite the grotesque scar. The soldier looked between the two of them.

"It's the Rebels! They're leaving Darmoor as we speak!" Imala's eyes dimmed and made a move to turn back to the door of her room before Mikel laid a hand on her shoulder.

"Let's go."he said. She knew she had to be there to see them all take off. It was only honorable to watch them leave, wasn't it? Though their past as Rebels was a bad one, they were still Hiigarans and they made a big step with the truce. Mikel waited while Imala saluted the soldier and limped off to the courtyard of Gondole Medical Center.

There was no surprise that General Kole and a handful of other admirals were standing at the same place Imala was hours before with Kole. They all had to be present to make sure that all went will with the deportation of their enemies. Imala shuffled her way to the side of Mikel and General Kole but said nothing. Her mind was in the past and her eyes were to the sky. Should the Allied Core feel honored that they are exiling the Rebels? Jido was an exception to the Rebel rule in her book. He was an Hiigaran at heart but claimed the title of Rebel. It just...didn't settle well with her that she was sending him and the others off into who knows where.

"And there they go." Kole said. Imala had to wait for her eyes to adjust to the sunlight in order to see black specks in the sky. The other admirals stood at watch in silence, no one saying a word. Imala had a mind to salute, but that would've landed her in a whole lot of trouble if she did. Even if they were leaving, she had an inkling that the war wasn't over by a long shot.

"Sir, I just received an urgent message from the Allied Command Post in the Aerial Drop Ship Station. There's... something on the Darmoor radar and its heading here. Fast." Mikel and Imala both snapped their hands to General Kole. His calm face did not waiver as he walked over to the admiral.

"Feed the message again."he spoke, removing the ear piece and wire from the pad on the admiral's arm.

"Sir, I...I don't know what this is, but it's moving fast! Location is at Darmoor where said Rebels are supposed to be located. The evacuation of their troops is happening now but something is here to stay. Its coming to fast to be a vehicle. We believe it to be a missile of some sort--"

"Missile?! They're attacking Gondole? But the truce--"

"Damn the truce. Reegan, dispatch the troops in the med station to the back wings; keep as much patients quiet and calm as possible. Mikel, you and Imala get in that ground craft and head to the ADSS. Send them a message to have a carrier come to Gondole Medical Center, asap." Imala was only half listening as she watched the Rebel ships fly off into the air. Did...you do this, Jido?

"Sir, we won't have enough time to call a ship from ADSS and pick up the patients at the same time! It's moving too--"

"You have your orders!" Mikel's face twisted in a disgusted rage before he turned to Imala and yanked on her sleeve.

"Lady Imala, we have to move." Imala stared blankly into the sky, remembering the kiss she shared with him and how briskly he turned away. Is that why you didn't look at me? Because you knew that you were setting an order to get me killed?

"IMALA, LET'S GO." Imala didn't acknowledge him, nor did her vision ever leave the sky, but her legs continued to carry her off with Mikel back towards the compound.

The ship rocked as Jido shouted into the radio. He couldn't believe what was happening, this was so.....

"That the hell are you doing Alexander. We signed a truce, Veers ordered us to evacuate.... YOU'RE NUKING OUR OWN PEOPLE"

The seconds ticked by with no reply, then the radio cracked into life.

"I would rather watch my home burn that let it be ruled by tyrants... you and your truce made me do this. My men and I stay here we will not abandon Hiigara."

'I will not let you do this.... pilot get me Veers."

"Veer's ship is blacked out sir they're running in stealth to get through the Core blockade, apparently they know whats going on just have nothing to say to us about it."

There was only one other place to turn, there was only on other thing to do...

"Everyone get ready for battle, we're assaulting the silo and aborting that missile. Get me the core general."

The radio crackled into life again and with the sounds of men checking their weapons and preparing for a combat drop Jido spoke.

"Core general... this is Jido of what is left of the Rebels... our general Alexander has gone rogue and launched a fully functional nuclear warhead at your headquarters." there was an audible hiss as he sighed "My men and I are preparing to land back in the city and retake the silo, by force. But alone we will not make it in time. If you have men that can get there fast.. we'll need all the help we can get."

"We're attacking out own men? Sir.. isn't th..."[/color]

"No, no it isn't."

Imala was still being yanked away from where she stood moments ago. There were more admirals that had filed out to tend to the General's commands of getting everyone to the back wings. That in itself was going to be a trial due to how many were wounded and incapable of moving as fast as the others required them too. Mikel shoved past two Core Members and ran as fast as he could considering that he had to hold Imala up half the time. Imala was still dazed but was also conscious enough to know that they were not going back into the center with everyone else.

"Where are we going?"

"Didn't you hear the General? We are ordered to go to ADSS to get a carrier ship and pilot here before the missile hits us."he said, looking ahead of himself as they both loomed closer and closer to the craft. Imala suddenly stopped running and snatched her arm away from him.

"What? He's ordering us to leave? That's suicide! We'll never make it back in time!"

"He knows." Mikel answered back with a stern face. Imala could tell the man was barely holding it all together but he still had managed to lock gazes with her.

"Now's not the time for him to be noble. We're Core and I am not leaving our men!"she snapped and turned around to jog back to the Gondole Medical Center.

"Imala--"

"Go, Mikel!"she shouted back and said nothing else as her jog turned into a run which eventually transgressed into a full out sprint. The pain in her leg had become so natural to her now that it didn't bother her to run. It only took her minutes to rush back into the courtyard. General Kole was speaking into the mic, though she didn't catch all of what he was saying.

".....lack of men. I sent my Commanding Lady Imala and First Admiral Mikel to get carriers to get us the hell out of here, thought it may not make it in time. Rogue or not, we are not going to run from you Rebels. We--"

"General Kole!"Imala shouted, jogging up to him. The General's face was shocked when he saw her pink hair from afar, his hand still on the mic, feeding the entire conversation.

"Imala, I thought I told you and Mikel to--"

"Excuse me, sir, but you can shove that order up your ass. I am not leaving you or any other people on Gondole alone. I will not loose anyone else on this land."she said sternly. General Kole's response was a tiring sigh followed by wiping his brow.

"The Rebels have told me that their General has gone rogue. The missile...its a nuke."he said, staring into her eyes. Imala flinched. Was Jido the General at the time? She couldn't remember. "They have requested for us to send men to help them reclaim the silo themselves. We don't have many left, and since you're still here, are you willing...?"he asked tenderly. Imala nodded and straightened herself out, grabbing the mic out of the General's hand. There was no more room for formalities with him.

"Rebel General, this is Commander Imala. Tell me what you need."

"Imala, a voice I was hoping for." Jido said. The rebel ship was flying over Darmoor again and coming in to land, bullets already bouncing off the armored hull.

"He have the firepower to clear your way as you punch though their lines and head for the silo. We'll follow on foot and meet you at the main entrance. From there I know the way to the command room where he was abort the missile. But if you're coming leave now, there is no time."

A buzzer sounded in the background and the ramp dropped with a loud bang then a shout was heard.

"We're here, I have to go, I'll get back on the air as soon as I can to let you know when we're through.

Without the ramp up the sound of gunfire was deafening and Jido had to shout to be heard.

"You are our cavalry, ride like the wind."

More shouts then Jido's voice ordering his men to charge.

"I'll see you soon."

The signal cut out and there was no more but battle was joined, rebel killing rebel in a struggle to the death. And Jido was in the middle of it.

Not a voice she was expecting to here but a voice none the less. It was a relief to find out that he was not the General that had gone rogue. His orders were simple enough, though as strange they may have seen. Now the Core, or what was left of the Core in Gondole, had to go support the Rebels. Support the Rebels. Not only for their sake, but also because of the nuke that the General had sent out to Gondole.

"We don't have as many men as you think we have. The most I can give is 13."she said looking over to General Kole. He nodded to her to continue speaking. "We have enough to suppress but we're not going to be able to push through as far as you think we can. It will have to be just enough to get you to the silo. Understand?"she said, not really awaiting a response. Imala strapped the gun she had taken from her room to her hip. Carrying the sword would weigh her down and they had to be as light as possible. The signal had suddenly turned off and Imala gripped the mic. Be careful.

"The others are in the drop point. We cam only afford one Hetroz."he said. Imala thought about how big the Hetroz would look storming into Darmoor. It would be a walking mechanical target. Exactly what they needed.

"One is more than enough, sir. They would be at the silo soon. Console the patients while you can."she ordered. Ordered? Imala looked to Kole and he nodded.

"Yes, mam."

There was static for a full minuet then Jido came back on. There was the sound of gunfire everywhere and explosions not far.

He was taking cover behind a destroyed wall as a man to the left of him fired a heavy machine gun captured from Alexander's men.

"Thats all we need, Veers took most of the men so Alexander doesn't have enough to hold the perimeter and theres no way his men can face us in the corridors, not with our armor.

The transmission cut out as an debris from a nearby explosion knocked the unit out of Jido's hands and he had to return fire against of of the rouge defensive positions. This was not going well, they were pinned down, and not getting any closer so the silo, they needed support but their ship was far away.

In the upped atmosphere the Rain of Steel was catching up to the antique missile her guns locking onto the aged engine as the pilot counted off the range to the missile and the distance to Gondole, then the ship let loose a hail of fire and the fuel tanks of the missile exploded the warhead cracking open and its components flying apart releasing radioactive isotopes into the air... but it was better than it reaching it's target.

-Images-ProductImages-FalconGravTank.jpg
"Mam! The controls are straddling! This Hetroz wasn't meant to piloted this close to surface!"

"I know that. Push forward." Imala said, turning three knobs beside her counterclockwise to vent off some of the steam from the side of the Hetroz. It was starting to smoke from the outside because of the heat of Gondole. At that point, it was all they had to give. The ventilation did little to nothing to keep the flight stable but it was either or an explosion.

"But, Lady, if we do, we'll crash into them."

"Well I'll ram us in their myself! Push forward!"she shouted. The Core woman shut her mouth and continued to maintain the controls. 3 other Corers handled the guns on the side of the Hetroz but their fire power had to be used at risk. How could they be sure that they're firing at the right Rebels? The Hetroz rocked and Imala reached out to grab the side hull.

"How close?"

"Close enough, mam. From here its just land or crash." Imala looked out of the dash of the Hetroz to see a sight. Isotopes were flying in the air, scattering in directions. If any came in contact with them....

"Mam--"

"Crash."

"Mam?"

"GET US THE FUCK DOWN! NOW!"she yelled, twisting the knobs even more to open up the side hatch. Dangerous as it was, it was the only way they can insure they would not be trapped inside their when they hit the side of the Darmoor base.

Behind enemy mines there was an explosion followed by a cacophony of gunfire.

"Theres our angels... Let not leave them waiting."

He vaulted the low wall he had been taking cover behind and all across the line him men followed raising their weapons as the air was rent with the roars from their throats. It would be hard to believe they were charging their own.

The met with Alexander's man in close quarters and pinned between Imala and Jido they broke and the survivors fell back. Alexander's line was broken and soon heavily armored men were walking openly towards the crashed transport.

Jido raised his hand and they stopped before reaching up and removing his helmet so that Imala could see who he was.

"Well met Imala, seems like you can just in time..."

In the distance there was a crack and Jido froze along with the rest of his men.

"MOVE!"

He dashed towards Imala grabbing her arm and pulling her towards the silo entrancement and the large concrete overhang.

It looked like lightning but there was no cloud in the sky and lightning didn't last five seconds before dissipating.

"Get this door open if we stay out here we're dead. Imala, You're with me we're heading for the control room. Sergeant you take the squad and head for Silo 2, stop that missile being launched. Everyone else you're the distraction. Raise hell."

The door shuddered then slid open rusty rollers grinding against their sockets.

"Lets go!"

As usual, everything was moving faster than normal in reality so she had to adjust her speed to meet the speed of the scenario before them all. All of the rebels looked alike so she did what she could to keep her gun at her side. Rogue Rebel or not; they were still his people and she'd regret it if she just fired out her bullets relentlessly. So, she initiated plan B, which was shut up and listen. There was crack in the air and it couldn't have been good for them. The look on his face said it all but before she could voice it, she was yanked by the arm as they sprinted towards a giant metal overhang.

"Open it? How am i supposed to open this! I know nothing of these controls or anything!"she shouted, letting her fingers run over the door before her. There was no kind of control panel or lock combination. It was hard enough for her to find some sort of handle or latch to open it with. Before she could say something else, there was a rusted and grinding screech as the doors opened uncomfortably slow in front of them. Now she knew for a fact that the people behind those doors were bad, so she whipped her gun from her hip.

"Is it too late to ask for permission to kill?"she said. Her sentence died when a rapid array of bullets scraped across the door that wasn't fully open yet. The men were serious about sending off that bomb, and Imala wouldn't be surprised if it was 30 seconds from being launched.

"Do what you can to hold them off. I'll do you a favor."she said and slipped under the door, using the fallen body of a rebel that was shot before her. Demoralizing, true, but also the only way to get a good look at this Alexander guy. Imala didn't think the plan through, because as soon as the door opened all the way, a blast of bullets rang forward above her head.

"Jido! L-Little help?"she shouted over the sound of a mechanical hum. The sound made her heart sink, but her vision was shrouded behind the mass of the fallen rebel before her.

Helmet back on he waded into the enemy fire his gun coming up bullets bouncing off of him and he reached down and pulled Imala up and put her behind him. The message was clear. He had more armor than her, their lighter weapons couldn't hurt him, he was her cover.

"These men right for a man trying to burn Hiigara to the ground. They are not my brothers..."

He opened fore a hail or bullets sending the men fleeing down the corridor and he cut them down without mercy.

"Control room is this way, Alex will be inside, we find him and kill everyone who tries to stop us before we kill him....

an hour ago they had been fighting on the same side, not Jido was talking like to was an animal that needed to be killed. He set of at a fast pace down a flight of stairs and deeper into the silo, it was just him and Imala now the others heading off to where he told them to. "I never got to thank you for coming to help out." he fired more shots without stopping the rouges retreating before them, it wouldn't last forever though.

He rounded a corner and immediately the room was filled with heavy machine gun fire and all aimed at him and the force of the bullets knocked him off his feet. he was still moving though, his heavy armor holding out.. he was however in trouble.

Not good. For starters, Jido was playing the part of human shield while she was firing at his own people with more remorse. It was enough to make her go insane, but she couldn't do that. She had to save Gondole, at least for the time being. Having a mental breakdown was not part of her plan, even if she didn't have a plan. It was just something she wasn't going to do. Bullets were scrapping off of Jido's armor, and each time they panged across her ears, she'd flinch, afraid that she was going to take one in the face or head. She couldn't complain though; he was making one hell of a shield.

"Alex, huh? That the guy I'm taking out? Great."she said, aiming her gun to the left and firing at a Rebel who was reaching for his gun. Jido was doing most of the hard work. Imala was just cleaning up his unfinished mess. The control was winding closer and closer, and Rebel after Rebel were hitting the floor, armor rattling and blood oozing out of the only openings they had. She was starting to get confidence, but it had to be capped. There was still a reign of fire that had to be stopped.

"Don't thank me yet."she said, before his body was suddenly hit with a barrage of bullets. Not good. The machine gun was gattling into his armor, and Imala had a mind to scream his name in fear. That would not have helped matters at all, nor would firing at them do anything to suppress their fire. Jido mainly had to get out of there.

"Go!"she shouted, giving him no further intel on her actions. She shoved his bulky, armored coated body as hard as she could to the left behind a corner, and sprinted off to the left, covering her head over the enemy's line of fire. The control room was a few paces in front of her, and being as small as she was, Imala was able to slip past them and into the room, going as undetected as possible. She knew sooner or later she'd be spotted by Alex, and hopefully she saw him before he saw....

BLAM!!!

A burst of white and dark red lights burst into her blue eyes, and a sharp pain ripped across her left temple. She knew before she had even cascaded into a wall that she had been punched by Alex, and in full armor no doubt. The hit was double the strength she though he possessed, and a trickle of hot, auburn blood was enough to prove that fact. The lights danced around her head and eyes, and she couldn't find the will to stand up straight. Imala was completely disoriented in the sights of the enemy. She was surprised and offended that he hadn't said a word to her. Imala's arms flailed slightly while she fought to grab something to hold on.

The only thing that was grabbed, however, was her neck. A cold, compressing hand wrapped around her neck as she felt her body lift off the ground. The pressure was immediately lifted from her feet and traveled to her neck. The light show in her eyes continued to play, and the blood that trickled down the bridge of her nose did nothing to help her vision.

"So close you all were."he snarled. Imala wanted to see the look on his face when she killed him, but she may not have gotten that chance. The hold he had on her neck was a few pressurized squeezes away from killing her. All the while, Imala thrashed in the air, inconspicuously reaching for the handle to her other gun on her hip. Her mouth opened as she fought to inhale. never before had inhaling been that hard to do in her life!

"Y...Y-you w-won't....g-get..." Imala spluttered, reaching farther for her gun.

"I will. I already have."was his answer. His hand squeezed her even more and he swung his hand with all of his might (or so it seemed) until Imala's back smashed against the wall behind her. She yelped in both pain and rage, helpless to do anything! The lights were dimming down enough to where she could make out the shadow of a Rebel. A big one. Alex had muttered something that she didn't catch, because at that time, Imala had reached her gun. The first instinct was to fire. And fire she did.

Imala wasn't sure how many times she fired into his side, but she didn't stop. The first few lasers only melted against the armored plate, which only pissed Alex off. He squeezed tighter and Imala shut her eyes and used her other hand to grab at his arm, trying desperately to yank him away. The shots were sinking into the armor faster than Alex had planned, and Imala soon her a satisfying scream of agony. However, his grip only tightened. Imala's head was swimming, hot blood running down the side of her face, but never once did she stop shooting. She let her hand rest and tremble on the trigger until Alex's screams died out, along with his grip on his neck. The two of them slumped down, Imala falling backwards while the armored Alex fell on top of her. It was a heavy weight to heave off, but she was so weak. So very weak...and tired...and hurt...

Thoughout Imala's struggle with Alex Jido was standing outside the door, the same machine gun that had kicked him off his feet in his hands poring down the corridor where Alex's men were desperate to reach him. He could hear the repeated firing of Imala's pistol, she was still alive at least.

Then they came, three figured in pull power armor, jibo opened up with the machine gun sending the first to the floor.

"Like that?" he tainted firing at the second one knocking his feet out from under him as the first trarted to get up and too cover, returning fire with a laser.

CLICK click click click machine gun out of ammunition as the third figure in power armor knelt and shouldered something...

"Shit" The rocket missed but debris thrown up by it slammed into him penetrating his armor and making him fall to his knee.

He picked up his hun again, the heavy caliber rounds punching through the armor of the grenadier and sanding him down his armor leaking blood, then the man with the laser... a round into his shoulder, he'd live but never fight again... the last man threw down his gun and raised his hands.

Imala...

He entered the control room and say Alexander, dead.. and Imala badly wounded.

"Imala... he brushed his armored hand over her face his eyes looking down into hers. She was alive, and awake for now.

"This is Jido to all troops, Alexander is dead, all rebel forces are to throw down their weapons and surrender to the core..."

He dropped his own gun to the floor and cradling Imala lifted her from the floor, ignoring his own wounds. "I surrender myself and my men to you... now lets her you to hospital."

It was hell, fighting to maintain consciousness. Though she wasn't gravely wounded, fatigue had long since settled in. She had two sleepless nights on Ronset before it was brought down, and another one in the hospital. Come to think of it, the only time she was able to get a real rest was when she was knocked out in the battle field in Gondole. Imala wanted nothing more than to sleep into his arms. At first, she hadn't know it was Jido. She was almost positive that he had died back there in the other room. That was the only reason she ran out on her own. If he was going to die, then she'd do her all to stop Alex, even if it cost her life as well. But, it seemed that the two of them had other plans, for Imala was alive and well, just as Jido was.

"What...what about..." Imala coughed. Talking was a no go. Alex had did some major damage to both her throat and the side of her head in the control room. The lights were gone, but that didn't stop the swimming. Even when Imala closed her eyes, she could still feel her body swimming in circles, spiraling in the edges of consciousness.

"...Jido..." His name came out as a whimper more than a stable word. Imala thought it was just best to hang on and not say a word. He was carrying her out of the battle, and willingly giving himself and the other Rebels to the her. To the Core. Would they even accept them? It was true, the Rebels had a bad history, one with a stained past and horrible, false future, but these past few minutes made up for it, did it not? They had went against their own men to save Gondole and everyone on there, including the Core. Jido was a hero, not a prisoner.

"I don't want y-you. Not like this."she said, coughing afterwords. Her throat was starting to sting so Imala shut up finally, only looking up at him as he carried her to who knew where.