When we're out of ships
We will use guns
When we're facing them
Think of your sons

When we're out of guns,
Rocks, knives, bare hands,
Never will an invader,
Take away our lands.

So noble it had seemed to turn away from an unwanted criminal career to join a cause. But was it only exciting for those who have never felt it's sting. The core hadn't yet made it's move there was no war. Protests and political action, riots and banners. We though they would never back up their threats.

Thats when the sky darkened over Pech. A core alliance fleet over a helpless and unarmed world.

The orbital bombardment lasted a week, the troops the followed met no resistance. Those still alive were detained and made an example of.

The fleet moved on....

The rim worlds responded as quickly as they could. Volinteer were called for, factories retrofitted to make weapons. Ships fitted with guns.

Too saye to save Freeport, a tiny colony barely a thousand inhabitants.

Huloa, the volunteer army arrived. A collection of untrained boys and aged veterans, most of these "soldiers" had never fired a weapon in their lives. The core sent her best. It was Jido's first taste of combat. A massacre."

"I can't believe they would attack like that, I mean a year ago we were their citizens.."

*​

"Nooo."

In his dream the sleeping prisoner was restless, his voice finding. He had been there because he was told to be, there wasn't meant to be a fight.

"I didn't want this."

The dream changed, he was now in the cargo hold of his own ship after being beaten by a border patrol. The men were still there laughing at him. Then an explosion, the door bursting over and the officers falling over their bodies filled with holes. He had been rescued by criminals and so was labeled as one and forced to join.

"I was meant to be home... december 12th.. Imala..."

He sat up, covered in cold sweat and looked around. In the dark it was hard to tell where he was and it took him a second to remember he was in a cell, on the same ship she was on.

"Alright, seems as though the Late Lady Imala has finally graced us with her presence."came the gruff yet crisp voice behind the podium. Imala held eye contact with Genreal Kole regardless of her impatience towards the man already. He, of course, singled her out among the wide group of elite guards, admirals, and Core leaders. They all turned their heads to watch her walk in, almost as if her entry was the most entertaining thing they had experienced since the meeting started. She saluted in the Core fashion: standing with her feet apart, left hand at a 45 degree angle and the right one reaching over to touch her left shoulder.

"Sir."she responded. General Kole's face was a mosaic of wrinkles and bags. The man was clearly reaching the age of retirement, but he wasn't going anywhere until the Core was victorious over the Rebels. She had heard his entire speech about the confrontation between the two that she could practically recite it backwards. Imala hoped and prayed that the current meeting was not about. He half gargled half coughed away her salute.

"Find yourself at use and sit. We have already discussed the foundation of the current assembly. You can catch on quite easily."he said, dismissing her entrance with a wave. Imala did her best not to scowl and took her seat next to her apprentice, Enyo. Enyo did not look to her leader and Imala did not really care.

"As you may all know, the attack on Azriel was an success, even more so than the previous. The information and items we have gained are far better than the Core could imagine. So on that, I give you all much congratulations." At that an abrupt applaud rose in the room. Imala only clapped lightly, still remembering the agonized looks of the fallen. Not much to celebrate. Meanwhile, while Kole drowned on and on about Pro-Core, the tranmitter on Imala's side let off a low hum. She looked down at it to see ID:59BNF. She didnt know who that was but didn't feel like hearing Kole's agitated grufflings so she took out the detectable ear piece in the right side of the device and wedged it in her ear, without being noticed.

He dragged himself across the floor to the cot.

"Dammit."

The images of his dream were haunting him and he beat his fist against the wall in frustration. "So three years looking for her with nothing, two in the volunteer army and she finds me. fate you are such a jerk."
he sighed. He was alone, may as well talk so theres something other then unending silence.

"So I hear shes leaving for the core. I pack my ship and begin to head back.. asshole I bought the coids from stole them so the patrol stops me and takes all my cargo. My first night in jail... missed her flight... I get my ship back. I try to contact her but shits already starting to get serious. Mass strikes, protests... its hard to get through. I take on a cargo of food and head for the core myself. Border patrol strikes again, won't let me through because of the tensions and I had a record from the last time. Pirates rock up for the food and kill the feds, tell me if I don't go with them I'll be blamed. So that was my next three years, under watch and gun by pirates until I got my own ship again, won it in a game I cheated in. It wasn't much but after three years I wanted to go home. Talk to her father see if he could send her a message. As soon as I landed my ship was requisitioned into the new free hiigaran navy. Couldn't find her parents and mine were.. gone. I joined up because Choime wanted to and I couldn't let her throw herself into danger alone. Also making up for some of the blood on my hands sounded good...."

He looked at the pillow propped between his knees that he had been talking to. "I left Choime under a white cross on Huloa. Ours was the last ship to make it out. I chose between finding Imala and trying to keep Choime alive, I couldn't do either. Sometimes talking helps even if theres no one to hear.. but what do you know you're just a pillow." he rolled onto his hide watching the pillow fall to the floor. "I can't change the past.. but I can make the future worth living in. For those that survive."

"So when the next attack moves forward, think of all the fallen. Think back to those who fell countless of times only to speak the Hiigaran words. Only to show them that there is still hope for those who have strayed from the Hiigaran ways and--"

"My first night in jail...missed her flight...I get my ship back."

Imala blinked once when the voiced drawled over the General's. It was, of course, Jido she was hearing in her ears, and that made it that much harder for her to concentrate. It seemed that he was talking to his pillow, but the words were clear in her ears. He went into a sketchy yet terribly uncomfortable story about his past. It was if all of her thoughts about his abandonment had an actual reason behind it all. She tried to focus on General Kole but Jido's voice was the only thing in her ears. She heard sincerity, regret, loss, and something else that she couldn't quite catch over--

"Imala!"

"Yes, Sir!"she said and tried to salute crisply however it was too late. All eyes were on her and she had nothing to show for it. Her attention had left the room and only went into Jido's cage. General, clearly upset at being ignored, cleared his throat louder than the norm would.

"Care to explain our next basis of offense for the rest of us?"

"Offense, sir?"she answered back. At the same time, she tried to keep an ear out for more of Jido's drawling, but they seemed to momentarily cease. Her attention was now focused on the conversation at hand.

"Yes. News of the next Rebel attack was leaked all the way back to Gondole. We need to set up posts at each outskirt of the city. Knowing the Rebel's they would open fire at any moving thing. We need a plan of action, and since you are one of our most skilled Leaders, I assume you have a plan." Imala lowered her eyebrows at the man.

" 'Knowing the Rebels?' Isn't that a tad bit high of an assumption, sir?" The people around her was not expecting the come back but the General did not read too much into it. Bad for him.

"Are you having second thoughts about their attacking motives?"

"No, sir. I think its just a bit silly to assume that they would fire at anything that moves. It could be a civilian."

"Yes, indeed. They are murderers in that fashion."he growled. Imala sat straighter in her seat.

"They are Rebel's that fight for a tainted cause for Hiigara, not murderers of the innocent. Even though their veiws are false, they still fight for Higarra as a whole. So opening fire on unknowing targets does not seem like a Rebel thing to do." The was a minute pause before...

"So...all of your fallen Core were not innocent?" General Kole was getting angry and Imala was down right terrified. What was she saying?!

His hand scooped up the pillow and tossed it onto the bed He stood in his cell and modes his arms getting loose, pulled off his shirt and dropped to the floor. He remembered why he was fighting now, why he had given up on finding Imala, he wouldn't let them down. His usual morning routine consisted of exercise and food. He didn't have any food but he wasn't going to forget the former.

Hell is what you make of it.

Old words, in here he was still a soldier, not a prisoner. When the Core came for him they would not see a filthy rebel, they would see a soldier, a Hiigaran.

Once Jido's voice dawned out, it was just her and her general from there. Imala only held eye contact with him and no one else around them. They were already plotting out how the debate would end, for no one really debated with General Kole. He just fished out some Hiigaran past chants and everyone would sway and agree to anything the man ordered. Almost as if they were brainwashed. Could she really put blame on the poor souls? She was the most easily swayed. The Allied Core never did anything bad. Even the countless killings were justified in her eyes. As long as it was for Hiigara. But why was she questioning General Kole, partially defending the rebels? No, that's not what she was doing. She was just proving a point.

"No, sir. The lives of my fellow Core members are greatly missed. They fought alongside me for the same reason as I fight alongside them: to fight for a free Hiigara. A Hiigara that is not in a tug-of-war of bloodshed and riots. The cause of their deaths were from the Rebels, yes, but only because they were firing at each other. It takes a bullet to be shot to cause another bullet to be shot. They are enemies and will eliminate one another, thus is the art of war. But firing at civilians? That seems too low, even for the Rebels." There were faint gasps in the room around her after Imala got done speaking. General Kole's expression didn't change.

"Low for a Rebel, Lady Imala? I know the ways of war just as well as you do. But these are Rebels--"

"And we are Core!"she snapped. Wrong move. At the first sign of doubt, the guards on the corner of the vast room stood at attention. She saw the movement at the corner of her eyes and instantly knew that all eyes were on her. General Kole's brown eyes stared straight into Imala's and she did everything in her power not to turn away.

"Which is exactly why our mission is suppression. Do you want Hiigara to be free, Imala?"

"Yes, but--"

"Do you want...Hiigara to be free?"he asked again with more emphasis. The hardest shit she ever had to do at that moment was to manage a curt nod and rid the shaking from her voice.

"Yes, Sir."

Clonk. Clonk. Clonk. Clonk.

Each boot that hit the metallic floor under her was a boot closer to Jido's cell in the Encasement Floor. It didn't matter that she told herself she would not speak to him until they ported at the next war zone. That speech she heard in the meeting had stirred up questions. Lots of question that she'd be damned if they went unanswered. She ignored the salute from the guard and didn't even chew him out for having his transmitter on the entire morning. If not for his foolish mistake, she would probably be in the unknown again. Imala rapped her hands on the bar in front of his cage to get his attention.

"Explain. Explain the entire speech."she said, trying hard not to ram her fist into the wall next to her. "That sob story nearly got me killed! Explain now!"she snapped. Threatening him was probably the wrong way to go, but it was the only other option she would take.

He has once again sitting in the middle of the room, panting. The vest he wore under his shirt sticky with sweat and hit shirt draped loosely over his shoulders. "I can honestly say I don't know what you mean Imala."

He stood his eyes finding hers and locking in on them. "I wouldn't try to weaken the resolve of one of the Core's greatest fighters through sympathy. We clashed, you won, I'm in a cell. What more is there?"

He gripped the bars leaning against them, since he had last had the opportunity to bath he had been in sealed armor during battle for hours, had nightmares and now had spent the span of her meeting working out. His smell was less than bearable. "I don't expect you to understand why I fight and I don't expect to know why you fight but it seems things will never be like they were..." he turned away from her not realizing he had just said what he wanted most, for things to go back to like they were. "We're on opposite sides and I don't need to tell you anything."

Well, of course. He had no idea he was being recorded. Imala didn't know whether to tell him the full story. It would have only complicated matters, but weren't they already as complex as they could possibly get? Imala's nose curled at the cacophony of smells that hit her at once. It was so bad that she actually had to take a step back from the cage, not that the movement did the smell justice. Imala listened to him and thought hard about what she was trying to say.

"The conversation with your pillow was recorded by the guard. What do you expect? We are keeping an eye on you."she said. It felt strange to use the accidental recording to her advantage, but he'd never know anyway. Of course, Jido couldn't look pass the here and now to even consider the future. She looked at him in the dank cage, blue eyes following his every movement.

"And I am well aware of where you are. You know what? Forget I asked about the stupid speech. Just confirm this for me: Your men wouldn't just open fire at anything that isn't stationary, would they?" She felt low by asking him that but Imala needed to know that she wasn't completely talking bullshit when she confronted General Kole. If he confirmed what she thought to be true, she would be slightly at ease, even though she'd be sent to kill them regardless. If he didn't confirm it...they were still going to die. The classic catch 22. Ever since finding that Jido was a Rebel, her mind managed to try to find an inkling of empathy for the men. But no matter. She was still Core and she would obey her orders.

"My men?" he repeated turning back to face her, then slamming his open hands into the bars between them. MY MEN ARE DEAD." He glared at her through the bars. "Or did you think I'd charge the entire core line alone if there were other to watch my back?"

A sound like a growl escaped his throat and he stepped back. "You may shoot those who try to surrender but we're fighting for the people, where does that include shooting them? A soldier doesn't shoot the unarmed. Before you got here we made safe zones, where civilians could go and we wouldn't be for them to get caught in the crossfire. Then you had to go bomb everywhere. Every single one of my men was a good soldier and a good person. I can't speak for other division but Hiigara's own would never kill the people they fight for. You have your answer."

Imala was terrified. She had feeling that if it weren't for the bars, her face would've been compressed between his strong hands. She pushed a button that didn't need to be pushed. Jido was affected by her words even more so than she imagined him being, but at the same time as feeling fear, she also felt relief through his words. It only confirmed what she knew was true.

"Jido, don't take this out on me. It wasn't as if I alone killed your men. The entire Core is at a war with you all! You can't grieve over your so called men. Each time you kill a Core, that's someone daughter, sister, wife, son! Is it wrong for me to want to know that you're not as cold-hearted as we believe you all are? Not that it makes much of a difference anyway. The Rebel's next attack will be on Gondole tomorrow. That means your people will be marching out there to liberate the area. The Allies believe that they are a threat to Gondole because there is a possibility that they may open fire at the innocent. So guess who their sending to stop them?"she said, eyes burning into his. She didn't even care if he looked away or not. Imala clenched and unclenched her fist.

"Forgive me for wanting to know that there is actually a heart under all of that Rebel armor!"she shouted. "You can't do anything for them, Jido! Nothing for them or us! We are doing our job to Hiigara, but what do you expect me to do? Walk up to a rebel and try to converse with them? As soon as they see this armor, I'm dead. A soldier killing a soldier. Your men died for nothing."she snapped, backing up from the cage. She figured that was about all he needed to hear. The rest didn't matter. Nothing mattered. Tomorrow as going to happen. At least Jido was safe in his cell.

If it was possible his eyes would have been burning into hers. His fists were clenched to tight his knuckles were white. "You come to me telling me about loss. You know nothing about loss Imala. My men, my sister, died for the same dream I would die for for the same cause people are dying for as he speak."

Again his hand beat against the bars before he gripped then and looked down. "There is a heart Imala, and it bleeds. Yes I have killed to stay alive just like you but I never wanted to. How many? I don't know but I do remember my first. You will kill, but no one dies for nothing who has lived for something. My men died because I refused to retreat because if we did you would have cut off the rest of our division, the same division ready to drive you out of Gondole no doubt. I know their faces, their names, and how they fight. They will not kill civilians. When you are killing them, I will be remembering them. Its strange to thing that one of them might kill you..."

She didn't want to talk anymore. It hurt to talk. Hell, it hurt to breathe. Surprisingly, she was getting choked up. The whole ordeal was too much. The meeting today. Mission tomorrow. All of the chaotic days in the Core after that. Imala could tell the guy was losing his mind in that cell. Despite the smell and the clawing of reluctance in her mind, Imala took a step closer to the bars and squatted down, knees bending so that her face was at the same height as his own. It was probably suicide, but she was only aiming to make her next words heard.

"I'm sorry."she said. That was it. There was just nothing else to tell him. No long winding story of honor, valor, or loss. No doubts of Gondole or the rebellion actions, condolences for his sister, or even apologies for any bad thoughts he may hold about her as a person. Just a simple sorry that would do little to nothing in the cell. Imala didn't want to get sentimental with him. One of them was going to die, and it would probably be her if she fought the rebels tomorrow. Not that she could refuse being deported from Ronset. Imala would be behind the sight of bullets, screaming for Hiigara and Jido would be behind bars, talking to his pillow.

Rising once more, Imala nodded to the guard and turned her back to cage. Something told her to say goodbye or maybe apologize again, but nothing came. Nothing but a burning sensation in her eyes. She'd be damned if he saw her right then so she tried to still the tremors in her body. She had to punch something before she completely cracked.

"It is unbecoming to cry before battle. On the field there is only one thing you should be worried about and its not an enemy combatant in a metal box."

He moved to sit on the floor his back leaning against the bars and facing her.

"Gondole is a deathtrap. We knew we couldn't defend it so we fought just enough to make you send all you had there. Your men there are standing on top of three hundred tons of explosives. But killing the is not enough the rebels will attack though a tunnel that bypasses your defenses about three minuets after the blast when the dust has settled. I know its counter to you general's plan but have you guns pointing inwards and you'll have them surrounded. They will retreat once they know the sneak attack has failed and you can close the tunnel."

His words had just sentenced men whose faces he knew to be caught in their own trap and if she followed his advice many would be killed before the rest retreated, but if it saved her...

"Don't tell me how many you kill, just give those you don't a chance to get back through the tunnel."

He didn't look at her he only stood and make his way to the cot and collapsed onto it facing the wall.

She flinched when he discussed crying prior to the battle. So, he could still see through her just as clearly. Jido's information wasn't just valuable, it was life saving! The rebels would be expecting an ambush and Jido waltzed her right out of it. She was forced to turn around and hold eye contact while he spoke to tell if he was serious or not. He was dangerously serious.

"Why are you telling me this?"she whispered. The question went unanswered. He left his place at the front of the cell and made his way to the filthy cot. Imala was starting to feel more and more empathy towards him. And why not? It wasn't as he was just any Rebel. He was...something more than that. Imala leaned on her hip. She could only imagine how bad he beating himself up just then. He might as well have killed his men instead by telling her that valuable information. Imala sighed heavily and looked away from his depressing position on the cot.

"I'm not a murder. Not the kind you think I am. But their planning a genocide, basically. I have to do what I must to protect my people. I have friends, too."she said softly, her voice cracking. As soon as she finished, she turned to face the guard, pericing him with a red-rimmed glare.

"Has he eaten?"

"No, mam."

"Attend to that."she snapped. Back in Allied mode, Imala said nothing more to Jido and walked past his cage and out of the Encasement Floor, all the while, his words rang in her head. The Rebels are preparing an ambush...should I tell the others? Imala brushed her pinkish hair out of her eyes and stomped off towards the main lobby. She had some business to take care of.

She left.

He had given her what she came for and perhaps saved her life at the price of the battle and an unknown number of lives. Was the life of one Corer really worth that much?

"Prisoner."

He say up, through a slit in the bard the guard was holding a tray. He stood and moved to the front and took it from the man's hands taking to to his table and placing it down. There was no way to tell it there was anything in the food but he hadn't eaten since the night before the battle. military food, canned and processed meat, bread and vegetables. Better than the crap they had in the rebel camps. He dug and emptied the platter quickly and drained the cup. It felt good to have something in his stomach even if his betrayal bade him feel sick to it. Someone would come to collect the tray so he put in near the door and moved to the corner where the sink was. If she was leaving he could make his move, and he didn't want to smell like this when he did.

This was the last time Imala would see the Ronset before it was soldering wreckage on the planet's surface.

Tactics, plans, tactics, plans. Nothing really jumped out at her as she tossed through the Allied Core battle strategies. There was a heap load of offensive formations, but nothing defensive. The Core was pretty much run, duck, and shoot. Imala growled and crumpled an old T-92 Regal Wing Formation map off to the side of her office. Her office was located on the Main Deck with all of the other high officials. They kept it that way so it'd be easier to access the Commands and Controls Center. Imala wasn't making much use of her time. Instead, she was only trying to waste hours of the day until tomorrow.

"The Core can't possibly be all about killing..."she whispered to herself. Every second that passed on Ronset, Jido's word became more true by the passing seconds. Did her words have any meaning behind it? The words she recited herself damn near everyday? Imala cursed under her breath and shuffled through the papers for no apparent reason.

Soldiers cry, don't they? Imala could do nothing else but slam her forehead down on the base of her desk and bawl. It wasn't like her, but who was she to begin with? Was she Imala? Core? A traitor? She could feel the Ronset move just the slighest as it changed its flight pattern. That just worsened her condition and she cried harder.

The ship moved, changing course. The first step in the preparations for dropping the troops. He had no other clues and wouldn't until the deck shuddered as the troops left, she left. That would be his cue.

He had to wonder if someone was using Imala against him. Surely the guard had seen they had an effect on eachother and reported it. Or many Imala was using her own power against him.

Paranoia, never a nice bedfellow.

Still the plan remained unchanged. He was familiar with ships and how they worked having lived on several including an old core cruiser similar to the Ronset converted into a pirate station.

He was not going to die on this ship unless he took it with him.

She pretty much slept there the entire day. The hum of the Ronset was her lullaby and her head was still plastered on the surface of the desk beneath her. Imala groaned awake for the second time in 2 days. She fell asleep in the same fashion as before. Stressing out could not be good for the battle today. Dammit, it was today. Imala forced herself to get up and maneuver her way out of that office. She was sure she was late for something or other, probably the mandatory preparation of arms. Imala didn't care. She was a walking zombie, doomed to die in Gondole whether she knew of the ambush or not.

The ambush. That and Jido was the reason she could not get any sleep or relaxation. The rebels were setting them up but Imala knew of their plan. The Core could easily thwart it, turn it around, and become victorious. But at what cost? Imala quickened up her pace. Great, now I'm feeling bad for him... As if on cue, a Core member dressed in full armor slid up to her side. Normally a gesture shouldn't surprise Imala, but as of late, she was getting fidgety. She flinched when a hand of the Core landed on her shoulder.

"Mam, is everything all right?" She quickly recognized Enyo's voice from beyond the helmet. Imala showed no sign of faltering and kept walking towards the bottom floors of the ship. She already had her weapons intact so decided to skip the preparations

"How are the soldiers?"she asked, disregarding Enyo's prying. Enyo was far used to her aggressive tone by now so she just answered dutifully.

"Mam, everyone is prepared. We have news that Gondole will be attacking full frontal. They feel that Gondole is as good as theirs. General Kole requires status updates every 15 minutes."

How wrong you all are, Imala thought, walking down to the shuttles. It was only a matter of departure from there. Something told her leaving Jido there alone wouldn't be wise, but Imala didn't care. She didn't plan on returning. Another stinging pain wrenched the heart of the strong Allied Core as she damned that caged Rebel for bringing up her emotions before battle. Even knowing of the ambush, the fight on Gondole couldn't possibly end well.

How did he know of the sneak attack...?

It was his plan.

He had proposed it and laid down it's foundations. Would they still follow it without him there? How could he know he was in a cell over two dozen kilometers above the planet's surface. But he did know one thing if Veres was still attacking he would want an ace up his sleeve and the sneak attack was that ace if ever there was one.

How many would die because of him, that is what weighed on his mind. Was it worth it, why had he even...

And if you ever cry again, you know I will be there take your tears away.

the memory came without his wanting it to.

"Damn you Imala... damn... you..."

He was in a doomed ship preparing to bring it crashing to the ground and he was still thinking about her and how he could never stand to see her cry. He growled and scooping up his pillow threw it at the wall. He hated waiting, especially before battle. And battle this would be.

A soldier came up to talk to the guard, her uniform matched Imala's even though her face was unfamiliar and Jido once again rushed to the bars to slam his hands into the bars to get her attention.

"Keep her alive, you hear me... keep Imala alive."

Who cared if she though he was crazy... her reaction suggested it. He was paying too big a price in guilt to have Imala die anyway.

"We are the Allied Core! We are the ones who lay down arms in Hiigara's name. We fight in Hiigaras name! To reamin victorious is to live another day knowing that Hiigara is in good hands! Deaths are only pieces of the paradise! Honor is only steps to victory! Our arms are only the hands we use to build what we fight so hard to create! Retreating: Not an Option! Surrender: Not an Option! We are the Allied Core! We are Hiigarans!"

"....we are Hiigarans...." The last line didn't boom out of her voice along with the other Core members. They all stood poised with their right hands touching their left shoulders. It was funny that Imala stood next to them but didn't feel the same burning thrill of battle as she did 3 and a half weeks ago in Azriel. The thrill was now replaced with reluctance.

"Lady Imala. We are ready at your orders."a Core soldier said to the right of her. Imala didn't know who that was...and probably didn't want to. To know her name would only further screw with Imala's mind, for that name would be announce in the death roll. Imala didn't want to bark the order to advance. Not now. Her head was still swimming with thoughts of the explosives that lie under them all. If she told them to advance, she ordered them to their deaths. Meanwhile, Imala would sneak behind them and search relentlessly for the detonator. Time was of the essence for if she didn't stop it in time, she'd be the first to go.

"Mam?" Imala sighed under her helmet, paying her last respects to her members that she fought so long beside. To all of the crew on Ronset. To Enyo, Mikel. To Jido. She bit her lip and pointed her sword forward at the open grounds of Gondole to the large buildings on the other side.

"Advance!"she shouted, voice cracking. Her words didn't get halfway past her mouth before the battle cries of the Core rang out and they took off.

infantry.jpg

Imala didn't bother to run after them. She made a detour, turning back towards the drop point and crawling over the fallen walls of the buildings in search of that detonator.