Hiigaran Sorrow

She was gone.​

One deep breath.

Click

The bars slid open. "If you had reported my escape they would have made sure I couldn't do that again." he whispered before silencing the guard with a sleeper hold and pulling him into the cell and taking his weapon. "Now to take care of business."

ID card, keys, jacket. He could go anywhere the guard could now. But for what he had planned he would need maintenance access. The break room, lockers, spare ID. Easier than than figuring out the master unlock code for the lower decks.

First thing Imala would notice is no new orders from command, no signals from them of any kind expect the automated ones that updated her map and let her know where the Ronset was in relation to her. But once they went dead the ship's bridge, and general who stayed in orbit and sent Imala to die for him, would know something was wrong. He would need to act fast.

Finding out where to go was the first trial. Jido wasn't that detailed when he explained of the ambush. It was a rough sketch; no pin-point locations, clues, or anything. Basically, the news of the ambush was little to nothing to her. Granted, she was the only one who was even searching for the detonator. Everyone else was too busy shooting, killing, or dying. All of that over 300 tons of explosion, which is a large number. Imala wasn't with the whole 'one hero to save them all' thing. She only did this so her Core wouldn't die. Even knowing that the Rebels would go that far to win Gondole was a terrifying thought.

Imala looked down at her miniscule tact pad that was attached under her femur. Enyo had said General Kole would want 15 minute status reports and it felt that long to her. She tapped the pad and punched in his ID number, speaking clearly into the mic.

"General Kole, this is Imala Kepler." she said. The only sound that came back was static. Imala pushed her impatience to the side and spoke into the mic again.

"General Kole, this is Imala Kepler reporting for a status update." Again, nothing came back but a white noise. Imala sighed and turned the device off. No good that will do for her anyway. She couldn't feed him damage report, because she wasn't on the battle field. Imala launched her body over a fallen rock wall and when she went to land, her left foot twisted before she could land properly, dropping her to the ground. Imala let out a yelp of pain and aggravation. Her mind was skewed. She couldn't even land right. Imala tore her helmet off so she could rip a cloth from her socks, adding pressure to the sprained ankle.

"CORER!"

Imala didn't have enough time to react before shots were fired into her leg that was stretched out on the ground. Imala's reflexes were just as quick, detaching her gun from the holster on her hip and firing at the exposed neck area of the Rebel dappled in power armor. The man dropped the gun and also dropped down, clutching the neck that blood spewed from. The gargling sound was ripping Imala to shreds and, biting her lip through the pain, she shut her eyes and turned her head away, firing lasers into the man again until the sounds stopped.

Blood flowed relentlessly from the wounds in Imala's right leg, which she counted 4. It was hard not to scream in agony and pain. The most she could do was crawl around and move her eyes from left to right...and that's when she saw it. There was a rusted metal box. There were two wires snaking down the ends of the box and into the ground. It suddenly made since to her: That was why there was a random Rebel where she was. He was getting ready to detonate it himself. Imala had just given her Core members another chance...but possibly at the cost of another one of Jido's friends.

Imala whimpered in pain, crawling as best as she could to the device. The tact pact was still humming the same white noise it was before. She felt truly alone and with all of the blood she was losing, she'd never make it out alive. Imala grunted, grabbing the wires with her blood caked hands and examining the box. She had to be cautions.

Alarms, running feet. They were closing in on him as under the red emergency lighting he carefully spiced the wires. He was breeding from his forehead an his shoulder and had abandoned all attempts to disguise himself. There was a prisoner loose in the ship and he was causing havoc. He had changed the launch codes, no escape pods or shuttles were going anywhere. They were trapped and the ship was slowly dieing. And Jido was trapped with them.

"This should do it.." he said sealing the cover and ducking out of sight into a crawlspace pulling himself along. The Ronset was limping now, unable to maintain her low orbit She was going to crash into the atmosphere unless her crew managed to repair her and restore control. For them there just wasn't enough time.

More boots rattled past as the Ronset's shuddered listlessly. As she lost the last of her engine power and the tunnel crawlspace was plunged into darkness the backup generators only keeping a few systems activated. He would only need one more before he made his escape.

Imala wasn't technology savvy when it came to rebel materials. Should I pull them? or is there a button that says 'off'? The pain in her leg was screwing with her vision, breathing, and thinking were all disoriented from the lack of blood. She fought to breathe and it was working for the moment. The only thing that was keeping her intact was knowing that as soon as she was done, she'd either be lying on the ground in a long, unawkened sleep, or in her bed on Ronset in about an hour. She trailed the wires to steel drums on the ground. Imala was losing focus at that point, flashing back to a unopened memory she had contained for years.

"When we grow up, we're always gonna be together! Right, Jido?"

"Hey! I am way better at shooting than you are!

"Put the gun down, old man. You'll hurt someone important."

"Will you...come back?"

Imala's shaking hands wrapped around the coil of wires that were attached to the box above her head. Another pint of blood was probably draining out of her leg and her eyes were feeling the effects of it. Her vision blurred, but her fingers still worked her way around the coils, unwinding them until they were detached. Imala sat there and panted, looking up into the sky. Had she just saved them? Her mind was yanked back to Jido's darkened face after he told her of the ambush. You really...you just saved my life.

Something caught the corner of her eye and she watched a black dot crawl slowly across the grey sky. Imala wrinkled her nose and fought to reach for her tact pad, looking at the location of nearby ships. The only thing she saw was a blue blinking dot that symbolized Ronset...and it was crawling across the radar as well. She looked back up at the ship, face drained of all color and her heart in her throat. It can't be...

The entire ship rocked and shook lose panels and wires tattling and swaying. They had kissed the atmosphere. There was no saving her now. The Ronset was dead. She just hadn't hit the ground yet.

He looked at the panel before him, the screen showing the frequency he needed and the deice already tapped into it.

With alarms all around him he pushed the button.

"Imala.."

The ship shook again and the alarms died, power failing as the heat of the uncontrolled reentry tore up the hull of the ship.

"I'm sorry too."

The line went dead and he moved away from the communicator as the ship groaned under the strain the hull buckling and threatening to tear in two.

Stepping into the shuttle he sealed the door and put in the new codes the small ship powered up and he gripped the controls looking back at the airlock.

Someone was beating on the other side, trying to get him to open it. That someone was core, and would die with the ship. "I really am"

The shuttle slid from the stricken Ronset as she split in two. A metal meteor full of doomed men and women.

Warships were legitimate targets.

All was fair in love and war.

Right?

...... right?

right..... ?

The black streak flew across the sky and was dipping downwards at an incredibly fast rate. Imala's blue eyes widened and she could hear everything at that point. The war cries that were happening some distance away from her, the blood that dripped down on the bloody pavement, and even the aerial cut of sound as Ronset sped downwards to the ground. If it touched down, everyone would die!

"Jido..."she said in a hushed whisper. She wasn't sure if it were a worried whisper or an angry one. She was 100% sure that he was the cause of crashing...but why? Suicide? Imala bit down harder on her bottom lip, extracting even more blood which couldn't have been good. The cacophony of sounds in her head were suddenly dimmed out as the transmitter in her ear buzzed once. News from Ronset! Imala fumbled with her tact pad and was about to call out to whoever was on the opposite end.

"Imala..."
The voice echoed in her head and Imala was alone with it. Even the pain was a memory as all she heard was Jido's voice in her ear. That was when she remembered: he was a Rebel.

"I'm sorry too." Imala gasped as a tear rolled down her dirt caked cheek and eyes swiveled over to the horizon where she saw her last view of the minuscule dot that was Ronset. Her heart was lodged in her throat and everything swam back at her at once. The ambush, the dead rebel's, her loss of blood. Imala reached a hand out to the dot, grabbing once at the blur that was her ship, her home.

"Why...?"she choked out. Despite her efforts, science and anatomy had gotten the best of her and Imala lost consciousness at that moment, slumping down to the auburn, blood-splattered ground.

The shuttle ride was far from smooth.

The Ronset was traveling so fast the wings ripped off of it as soon as it left the docking bay. He strapped himself in and gripped the controls as he listened to the radio chatter....

"The bomb has been disabled abort attack.. ab..."

Static as the antenna was ripped from the shuttle. Shedding parts and out of control it was almost as doomed as the Ronset.. almost.

He found the right button and punched it the back of the shuttle opening and the parachute whipping out. It was made to slow it down during landing, bot falling the altimeter was still falling at an alarming rate. Down down down. The world was spinning, his vision clouding the g-forces forcing blood towards his head and threatening to burst the blood vessels in his head.

He blacked out.

Planet_Hell_shuttle_crash.jpg

When he came too he could smell burning, blood and leaking fuel. His left arm was useless, dislocated by the force of the crash and the windscreen in front of him was shattered as light was shone into his eyes.

He looked up to see the barrels of several guns pointed at him. Power armor painted with the symbols of the rebellion. He rasied his hand sheltering his eyes and swallowed.

"Jido Vikal, Lieutenant, Second heavy infantry, Hiigara's own. I'd like to report that the enemy vessel Ronset has been destroyed"

Eeep. Eeep. Eeep.

The infernal beeping was driving the Core woman who lay motionless on the white hospital bed insane. It wasn't the consistency of the beeping, more like the fact it woke her from her sleep. Was she sleeping? She hadn't remembered being in her bed on Ronset days ago. Ronset...Jido! Imala snapped up half way in the bed, which only made her yank stray wires off of her chest. A nurse was right beside her to give her a disappointed look with her overly powdered face.

"Miss Kepler, you need those." came a bell like tone. Imala's response was to snatch 3 more cords off of the back of her neck. She immediately felt a woozy sensation in the back of her head and suddenly wished she had listened to the woman. But of course, Imala was still as stubborn as can be.

"I obviously do not. Where am I?" she barked. The bark wasn't menacing in the least. Her voice was hoarse from who knows what and it felt as if she hadn't drank in days. The woman tried to reattach the colored cords but Imala swatted them away.

"You're in the Gondole Medical Center, mam. We found you at a explosiv--"

"Yes, I know. What of my troops?"she asked, looking down at her leg. It was mangled but patched up to say the least. Amputation would've been easier, but since she wasn't conscious to make any decisions, she had no room to complain.

"Most of the other Core soldiers are down in the lounge."the nurse answered. Imala flinched at the word 'most', but hoisted herself off of the bed nonetheless. Making sure her foot didn't touch the cold floor, Imala didn't further question the nurse and instead, strolled casually out of the doors with a limp. What has became of the Core, she could only imagine.

Retreat....

It can be harder than any battle.

The rebellion was under supplied. Short in vehicles, fuel, food, water, medical supplies... just about everything. A lot of heavy equipment simply had to be left behind.

Darmoor Hill. The last city held but the rebellion on Hiigara. Thousands of soldiers with nowhere left to run. The city itself was a deathtrap with every street blocked or bobytrapped, snipers, tank traps, hidden anti aircraft positions. They could hold off the entire core for months in a siege, if only they had the food and medical supplies to make it that far.

All around the city the rebels waited, watched for the attack they knew would come.. though in the headquarters decisions were being made.

"If they attack we can hold them off longer that they can keep attacking..."

"We'll he dead on a month, we already have the men on half rations and frankly to don't have the ammunition to hold out... we're out of options."

"You can't be serious.."

"Surrender might be our only option, I am not using scorched earth on Hiigara... I know you planned for that.. Alexander.."

They all turned to the newest member of the headquarters staff, promoted after his destruction of the Ronset.

"But I have a better idea. He call the Core, arrange a truce. With the Ronset out of the picture they need to bring a new ship from home before they have the firepower to hit us from orbit and a ground attack will cost them almost everything they have even if they win. They don't want to attack nor can they sit back and wait for us to starve. We arrange a truce.. They let us leave and we do so. No shots fired no one gets killed. Good for them they don't lose die attackign us and good for us we don't starve to death."

The three looked at eachother.

"I'm not happy with it, he have what he need to bomb them before they even reach us the core on Hiigara will be destroyed..."

"I'm with Jido... We cannot use nuclear weapons on Hiigara or any other planet.... Ill make the call.. Jido, Alexander, prepare your men for evacuation."

The lounge was a wreck. The first thing she saw, or heard rather, were groans of pain and moans of something that sounded like grievances. It was somewhere she didn't want to be and it was terribly hard for her to breathe in there too. She couldn't blame that on her leg this time. It just wasn't a place she wanted to walk into. The soldiers who had heard or saw her come in gave her feeble smiles and broken salutes. Imala walked past each of them, scrutinizing their faces. There was one woman who had a wad of white tape wrapped around the left side of her face, even covering her eye.

"Lady Imala."she said with the crispest salute she could manage. Imala nodded and continued to limp down the lounge floor. There were many other casualties: missing limbs, cripples, and even some who she thought to be insane due to the rocking back and forth. It was a depressing atmosphere, that was sure. Imala couldn't take much more of the soldiers who saluted her and instead, brought her attention to the bar. Her throat was still dry and she needed something to drink. Imala wobbled over to the bar and the black cushion of a stool. The bartender mumbled something and Imala just waved it away and pointed to a bottle of water.

"Don't tell me you lost your voice, mam." Imala turned around and threw her arms around him, without even getting a good look at him first. She didn't want to see what possibly happened to his physical features, but his voice was enough.

"Mikel!"The exclamation wasn't her thing but Imala was desperate for familiarity at that point. She was as good as dead in that debris at Gondole, so to be alive with someone she knew was the greatest comfort she could heel.

"Mam."he responded, and backed away to salute her. Imala took the time to look him over. He was fine except for the left side of his mouth. There was a gruesome scar that cut from the corner of his mouth straight down to the beginning of his neck. Any further and his throat might have been split. Mikel followed her eyes and shrugged.

"I was standing next to a window." was his simple excuse. Imala grabbed the bottle that was slid towards her and took a very big sip, nearly swallowing the whole thing.

"You survived? How many others?"she asked, not really wanting to know. Mikel grabbed a seat next to her and shrugged.

"Most of the one's who were in the back by the Staff Quarters, exit. The ship hit the ground nose on so there wasn't immediate damage to the back in. All of the members in their rooms, cells, and the cafe, though..."

"Dead."
she said coldly. Mikel nodded twisted around in his seat to look out all of the other damage of Gondole.

"We heard what you did in Gondole. General Kole is ready to make you the next big Commander. Yes, he lived too. That feat, he said, saved the lives of the Core."he said in a monotone voice. Imala wasn't going to grace him with her noble speech of valor. Instead, she just chugged at the liquid again.

"Enyo told the entire Core of my great 'feat', did she?"she said nonchalantly. Mikel looked down at her and then into his hands which were clasped together on the bar. Imala followed his eyes and leaned in closer.

"Mikel. Where's Enyo?" The lack of a response was all she needed. Imala was shocked, more so than ever. Her face still held the same questioning expression until she leaned back into the stool and stared down at the atmosphere in front of her. She had assumed so quickly that Enyo was the one who rescued her because you could never find her with her apprentice. The groans and moans started to rile up again, and Imala wanted nothing but to join them.

"Kole would like to see you outside as soon as you're ready."
Mikel said, voice gruff and clean as it normally was. Imala didn't acknowledge him which was apparently good enough for him for he walked away, hands clasped behind his back in the sign of respect for those who have passed. If Imala was strong enough, she'd do it too.

Alexander stormed from the room leaving Jido and Veers looking at eachother over the map table.

"I'll be sending you out to handle the negotiation, you know whats needed, now.. your men."

Jido nodded and turned to leave. "Keep an eye on Alexander. He was the one in charge of the ambush at Gondole, he took the defeat.. personally."

"But it was my pla.."

"Exactly."

"Understood, sir."

"We're equal rank now, you don;t need to call me Ssir anymore Jido."

"Habit I guess, I'll go take care of my men... how many ships do he have to get them off planet?"

"Not enough.. but we'll make it enough. Now I'll make the call."

Jido left and Veers nodded to the communications officer who tapped into the Core's frequency and opened the line.

General Kole of the core world. This is General Veers in charge of Darmoor. Attacking us would cost you dearly however, we wish to arrange a truce. Send one representative for negotiation and there may be no battle.

The message was followed by static, the ball was in their court now.

Imala half walked half limped outside of the medical compound. Gondole didn't look like it was under any mass array. In fact, there was a water fountain set in the middle of the entrance surrounded by a colorful pattern of rocks and bricks. It seemed nothing at all like the war zone she was in...how long had she been out. She hadn't thought to ask Mikel because her mind was somewhere else entirely. Somewhere 6 feet under ground or floating like ashes in the atmosphere. Somewhere with both Jido and Enyo.

Imala felt the oncoming rush of tears and an instant stab of anger. How could you do something like that? Without even saying goodbye! This is the second time you left me, Jido...but you're not coming back, are you? Are you? Imala tried her hardest to fight off the inner pain with outer pain. She let left foot hit the ground in a single step. The pain that shot through her leg was not as bad as it seemed to be, but it did take her mind off of the thoughts of loss. She tried to take more and more steps but ended up limping anyway, for at the end of the field stood General Kole.

He had a head, two arms, and two legs, Imala noted to herself. She picked up the pace and saluted to the man's back, though he could not clearly see her.

"General."she said sharply. The General barely moved. Actually he hadn't moved at all. Imala was now beside him and she looked hims over. No real physical damage to report but she wouldn't even start on the emotional toll the loss of the Ronset had on him.

"There was an ambush here. One that you stopped single handily. There are no words to express how grateful I am of you, Kepler." And how wrong you were, she thought back. Before the General could blubber about honor, a static rang out on the both of their tactical pads.

General Kole of the core world. This is General Veers in charge of Darmoor. Attacking us would cost you dearly however, we wish to arrange a truce. Send one representative for negotiation and there may be no battle.

The two of them exchanged glances. General Kole's eyes were sunken back deep into his head and looked at Imala's with counterfeit seriousness.

"They want a truce. We're both at the hilt of the sword here, Kepler. Most of our heavy infantry is wipe out and it will take days to bring another airship in. Meanwhile, they are fighting for survival themselves, trying to hold out in Darmoor as long as they can. It's no man's land out there, kid, and the funny thing is, it's ending in a stalemate. Classic wartime shit, all of that rattle about threatening us. They have no more back bone. This truce is their last desperate call for help." he said. Imala watched the General pull at one of the pins on his shirt and Imala knew she'd be wearing it next.

"How many still on the line? Dammit I wish I knew what the core are doing."

"Just enough to hold if they come. The rest are at this rally point ready to reinforce or withdraw if this truce comes to anything.

"Jido.."

He stood and turned, it was a soldier in his hands a white flag that he held out. He have a jeep for you and a beacon that will tell the core where to find you."

Jido reached out out and took and flag. He was dressed in a simple uniform, not the bulky power armor he wore in combat and only had a side arm.

"Thank you Aki. You are in command of the division until I get back. Make sure everyone is ready to board the transports when we get the word."

"Sir... its seems foolish going out to meet them alone... what if they..."

"Sometimes you just have to trust your enemy. If they take me it wouldn't be my first time as a prisoner of war. They stand to loose almost as much as we do. I'll be back before sunset."

He slotted the flag into the jeep and climbed into the driver seat as Aki stepped back and saluted.

Our representative is leaving Darmoor now, he carries with him a white flag and beacon 13827, the meeting place is whiteforest ridge. Lets settle this as men, not with fire.

Imala and General Kole continued to stand out into the courtyard of the Gondole Medical Center, not saying much of anything. In all actuality, they hadn't said two words to each other at all. The negations for the truce didn't need to be said aloud. They said no fire power but Imala did not have to worry about that part. She had awaken from her slumber with nothing but the clothes she had on now. The General had opened his mouth, preparing to say something as the two of them stood, both hands behind the two of their backs. Imala looked over to him and waited. General Kole closed his mouth and instead of words, he let out a large sigh. Imala returned her gaze to the sky.

"We both have lost."

"Discussing what one has lost is nothing compared to what one can gain."

"A free Hiigara at the lives of the ones we hold dear?"he asked questioningly. Imala forced herself to keep a level voice.

"Yes. One life for the lives of thousands. It is a risk any member of the Core is willing to take."

"Even if that one life was someone's love?" Imala hesitated and didn't immediately respond. Was he talking about Enyo or Jido? It was hard to figure out the General, what with everything he had been through in the past few days. Losing Ronset was probably his final straw. The man was hanging onto the Core by a thread.

"I am willing to come with you to this truce."she said, avoiding the question. The General snapped his hand up to his mouth, speaking clearly into the tact pad.

"This is General L.S. Kole. My Commanding Officer will meet you alone at White Forest Ridge, also carrying a white flag. Kole, out." Imala wanted to interrupt him and say something about meeting as 'men' but she silenced herself when Kole turned and handed her the white cloth that lay at his feet.

"This is not a sign of surrender; only for a compromise, understand, Kepler?" Her answer was a salute, blue eyes burning into the General's.

"Sir."

"We said one representative. Alone. There are no tricks. Our man is already within range of your guns. We do not put our own in unneeded danger.

Jido was listening to the exchange on the jeep's radio, sitting casually on the bonnet the min in his hand when he decided he was tired of the formality and Veers pussyfooting around the point with the Core general.

"Yup, I'm out here, you should see me with a good scope. Its hot, all I have to keep myself busy is a radio, a pistol, and 12 bullets so if you could get out here as soon as possible we can both get back in time for lunch."

He could already see Veers shaking his head and sighing but he said his peace and let the Core know the person they were dealing with wasn't going to roll over and hand them everything they wanted.

You're a funny man Jido. Veers' voice was laced with sarcasm. If you want to handle everything fro here its all yours.

General Kole did not bother to readdress the rebels. If so, he would have become something he was years ago and would have called the truce off. There was still so much more the Core could do for Hiigara alone, and now they tell them to suppress their fire? It was a horribly sinking feeling to know that he was going through with it, which was why he sent Imala to do the bidding for him. He, of course, always had some sort of tactical plan of some sort. Knowing the Rebels, they probably sent a man who knew exactly what he was getting into. If the two of them only negotiated the terms of the treaty, they would be fine.

However, knowing Imala, something was bound to happen differently. Nothing was ever easy for Imala Kepler.

High_Farseer_Ulthiam_Hain_by_reiq.jpg

"Mam." A fellow Core Leader said, saluting to Imala as she walked towards the vehicle. Imala nodded her head once but didn't say anything to the person at first. Instead, she looked behind her at the Medical Center that lay like a paradise behind her to the sandy plains of Gondole in front of her. The tact pad on a her right arm would tell her when she was approaching her destination, but she still hated to leave. Imala tucked the white flag under her arm before she lay it on the padded cushion inside the vehicle. At the same time, she tried to heave her left leg aboard but a stinging pain was her only response including her hiss of agony.

"Mam? Do you need some hel--"

"No."she snapped, and swung her leg over again, ignoring the pain this time and successfully entering. The leader backed up and watched as Imala strapped herself in while turning on the necessary dials. A satisfying hum of the engine met her ears in return and the sand around the bottom of the car which hovered above the ground started to swirl.

"You are not to engage in any combat. Show them the flag of truce and negotiate the necessary terms. Radio us if assistance is needed." Imala glared at the Core member, biting back the words that bubbled in her mind and revved the engine with her right foot, taking off down the plain of Gondole and into the fire of a truce between Hiigara's people.

There was a line of dust approaching, whoever he was meeting with was coming. Jido stood on the bonnet of the jeep and pulled the white flag from it's place holding the pole on both hands he waved it back and forth. Yes he was armed, but it was only a pistol, and he didn't plan on using it.

There was a glint of metal as it got closer and Jido stopped waving, holding the flag in one hand and taking out a pair of binoculars.

Puttign them to his eyes he examined the incoming craft, it was one of those fancy scout bikes the core used, pesky things, could go strait over land mines without a worry. The rider though couldn't be seen from this angle but at least it looked like they were abiding the truce.

As the corer got closer he jumped down from the jeep and instead stood near one of the camp chairs he had brought with him. It was essential the truce negotiation went off without a hitch and so focused was he on that he didn't notice who was coming until her bike came to s stop.

"Well... doesn't today keep getting more and more surprising...?"

It took every muscle in her foot to hit the brake as she sped up to him. If not for General Kole's plea for a truce, Imala would have ran the guy over and never looked back. It could've been better that way--would've been better that way. Instead, Imala was barely able to slam her foot down on the brake when she saw Jido standing as strong and healthy as an ox, as if he wasn't hurt at all. As if were never on the Ronset when it went slamming into the ground! Imala almost forgot the white flag but she didn't care about the stupid truce anymore.

"You...."she snarled, hoisting herself out of her craft, both feet hitting the ground and sending a tremor through her left leg. Blood even leaked out of an open wound on her calf muscle, dropping onto the bland sandy ground as she stomped her way towards him.

"You good-for-nothing, traitorous, deceiving REBEL!"she shouted, coming face to with him. Her fist was boiled and trembling in the resistance to hit him dead in the jaw, just as she did when she first captured him. Imala was unwillingly thrown back into that moment as she stared at his eyes.

"Since I'll never get another chance I'll say it now. I tried to make it your farewell when you left. I had half a mind to stop you leaving. I thought you were going onto bigger and better things. And yet here we are, both facing pain and death. Its almost ironic."

"If its all the same to you I'll think of you as you were back then, not.. this.. when they take me."

"I....i don't..." Her mouth opened again to say something but it only closed when her eyes came back in contact with his. He had basically came back from the dead...just to become her enemy again? The two of them came together with a term of truce, not as the woman who cried desperately in her hospital bed thinking of how she had lost her ship and the only person she ever trusted. And that person was standing in front of her as a Rebel.

"You...destroyed my ship." Pathetic. That was the only thing she could say at the moment. It was all she allowed herself to think about. If she tought about him being alive and standing inches from her face she may have hugged her. However, if she thought about his betrayl to her and Enyo, she would have killed him with her bare hands.

He was still standing as easy, hands clasped behind him back but his face showed a glimmer of something. "Imala... you survived the battle. I heard of a core leader being wounded near the bomb..." his eyes fell to the blood leaking form her boot. "You should sit."

It was genuine concern masked under professionalism that he displayed as he welcomed her. But they were not there to swap war stories, not when the war was still raging. "I offer you Hiigara."[color] he said getting right to the point. "Every one of us will leave and the planet will have peace, all we need is the time to get on our ships and take off. You don't attack, you move your ships away... and Hiigara is yours with no one else dying."

Why did it have to be her.. those lines were prepared well in advance but not they sounded cold and mechanical... anyone but her and he'd have this truce signed in five minuets... not he couldn't even meet her eyes as he fell silent. "I should say I'm sorry for the Ronset. But I'm not, only that you cared so much for her, so to you I am sorry, but she was a military vessel, in war losses happen... lets prevent any more from happening. No one needs to die here anymore."

She had to know, with Hiigara in the hands of the Core the rebellion would have nowhere else to run to, they were finished. But still here he was refusing to surrender. Thousands would live as exiles rather than bow their heads to the core's flag. "Can we at least agree to that. No more demands, no more concessions."

Imala let the words sink in while the blood began to sink into the ground. Her vision was becoming woozy but she didn't let her eyes falter from his appearance. As tough as it was, she was there under Core terms so she should at least take it upon herself to at least look the part of Core.

"I'm fine." she said barely above a whisper. She wasn't sure whether he was showing a concern from her or just playing the part. No, I can't trust him. Not after what he did. Imala gripped the white flag that lay tucked firmly under her arm as she looked to the ground. Jjido seemed a lot more stable than she did so he started to speak on the negotiations. What she heard was nothing more compared to being slapped in the face. Her face twisted in an silent rage, even when he continued to speak. The terms was Hiigara? Hiigara was the agreement?! Imala clenched her fist even more so as she stared at him in disbelief.

"You can't be serious? You can't expect me....US to let you all waltz out of here home free! Especially after what you've done to the core! You alone are a mass murderer! Did you think about the lives on that ship, Jido? Huh? That's not going to fly. We already have Hiigara, and what would make it even better is if we have one of the main Rebels who aimed to destroy it. You are nothing less than a criminal of Hiigara and i think a payment is in order. For Ronset, for Azriel, and Gondole."she said with a cold voice. Imala quickly snatched a titanium pocket knife and stepped closer, holding it to his throat.

"You're coming with me. Killing you is not an option. You are going to pay for what you've done to the core. For what you've done to me!"she snapped, pushing the blade in while her teeth bared in pain. The open wound was taking its toll on her and her reactions were getting slower, but if Jido had any self-respect for the fallen Hiigarans, he'd listen to orders.