High School Romance! (ShitsujiCarty and Sanuye)

Pip smiled and shook her head. "I already impose so much on her family, and she has so many responsibilities. I would rather be lonely than add to her stress." At his comment about dinner, she glanced up at the red lines clock on the wall. "Well, it's currently 5:32. If we do an hour of research, then dinner. If that's acceptable?" It felt strange and awkward to have another person in her home, especially a boy.

She thought about his question and tried to think it through. "If we work at a steady pace, it'll take us about 2 hours a night or we do 3 big days of 3 hours a night and have two days off at the end. Whatever floats your boat is fine by me."

• Love
Reactions: Shitsuji-Carty
Carter frowned a little, what are friends for if not to lean on them. He thought, being alone with a girl was normally nothing to him, so he proceeded to begin doing research on her laptop. "Your plans sound fine, except I'd rather get it done sooner than later." he added to finished off his statement, he looked at her and motioned her to come closer to look at the computer. When she would get close he would pull her onto him "Pippin, do you have something on me?" he asked fooling around some more as the work bored him. Carter was never good at sitting in one place for a long time, he was always trying to move or fidget with something, whether it was her, or one of her belongings.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Pip saw the frown on the others face but could not for the life of her ascertain what had irked his displeasure. But it was soon forgotten as he motioned her closer to the computer, the computer having had no passcode for access. She was confused, however, at his next sentence- "I don't understand. What do I have on you?" She honestly couldn't figure what he was asking and it left her confused, looking very much like an owl as she blinked.

• Love
Carter smiled "its nothing, i was just being foolish." he said as he went back to typing on the computer. He was looking for research material, but was doing it quickly as he marked down the websites. He knew he shouldn't leave her confused, but she started acting like an owl, and he couldn't help but think it was cute. He looked around and didn't see much, what are you interests? He wondered rather than thinking about the work.

• Love
Now she was even more confused. Why were all boys so strange? Pip just shook her head and grabbed a nearby notebook, quickly turning to the page she had jotted down the instructions for the project. She had jotted down her own information at the time, things she had already known about the diseases and she wanted to add them to the list of information for the final paper. Carter was compiling a list of resources to check out, quite efficiently she had to admit. She thought he was going to speak but the silence stretched on.

• Love
Carter
He let the slience continue for a while until he couldn't take it anymore. He was about to speak, right before his stomach growled, and loudly too. A little embarrassed he looked away from her as tried to focus on the research. He was getting a lot done before, now with his hungry he began to slow down and let his eyes wander. "Say Pip, what do you do for fun all by yourself?" he said as he looked around the small place. Had she had friends over Before? He couldn't tell it was too clean. "Ooo what do you like music wise?" he said thinking of an easy conversation topic.

• Love
Pip shifted in the silence, finding it extremely uncomfortable. Normally, she'd relish the silence but this was too long and awkward to be enjoyed. But a loud groaning rumble filled the air and the suddenness of the sound caught her by surprise and a laugh bubbled to her lips, though she stopped gradually as she saw Carter turn away a little. He seemed to be distracted now, and she would have to admit that her hungry stomach was making it's own complaints, though not quite as loudly as her companions.
"F-fun?" The question was unexpected and she blinked, trying to come up with an answer. "W-well, I write a lot and do quite a bit of art." She pointed to the hallway that led off the main room, where the edge of a door could be seen. "The third door down is my studio. I-if you'd like, I-i could show once we've eaten d-dinner?" She usually refrained from showing others her work- but what harm could it do now? He'd already seen her home after all.
She grinned at the subject choice, always enthusiastic to talk about music. "Well. I like a lot of types of music- anywhere from Pachebel, to Debussy, to Disturbed, to Florence and the Machine. I love smaller, indie band music the best. How about you?"

• Love
Carter
He blushed a little as she laughed at his hungry, not realizing the time he was already hungry. "So you draw or paint? Or both?" he asked before she offered to show him the studio. "Sure we can check it out later." now came the topic of music, she really seemed to jump on this one. "I'm not picky about my music, I'll listen to just about anything, excluding country music." he chuckled putting his arms in an X to symbolize his dislike.

• Love
Pip smiled thoughtfully, thinking of an appropriate answer to his inquiries about her artistic range. "I guess you could say I do a little bit of everything, though I enjoy watercolors and pencil drawing the most." She laughed a little at his enthusiastic reaction to the idea of country music, as she herself shared a similar position. She didn't disliked country music immensely but neither would seek it out of her free will.

As her stomach echoed it's own statement of hunger, she blushed a little and quickly got to her feet, sorting out the notes she had written into a carefully sorted and neat pile. "S-shall we eat now? I think both of our stomachs have already expressed their thoughts on the matter." She moved towards the kitchen, glancing at the clock and was surprised to see how much time had elapsed, as it well within time to eat dinner. She looked through the bag of food Carter had brought with him, happy to see some beef steaks which would go very well, she thought, with the dish she had in mind. She grabbed an onion and a clove of garlic from the fridge and began chopping them finely. She wasn't sure if Carter wanted to assist or to watch, so she left plenty of room. "Are you okay with beef stirfry? It suits best the vegetables I have already."

• Love
Carter
He listened to her attentively as she talked about her art, it seemed to peak his interest the more he listened. "I'm curious as to what kind of things you like to draw." he smiled and chuckled as he listened to her stomach growl this time "your right about that one." he said as he watched her hop to her feet and then move into the kitchen. She looked through the bags he had brought to pull out some of the steaks, then offered a stir fry after already starting to cut the vegetables. He thought it was nice not to be the one up there for a change, considering he always cooked for him and Seth. After he went to the restroom he stood next to her and asked "what can i do to help?" he smirked hopeing to surpise her a little.

• Love